[mod] [CK2] Dark World Reborn: Toska (Submod)

DocToska

I had problems with parts of this mod not working correctly, or at all.

So I ran it through the Validator(http://www.ckiiwiki.com/The_Validator).

Came up with numerous serious parsing errors: About 30 examples of 'if {' when it's supposed to be 'if = {', a couple of missing closing brackets, and a serious error in on_events that causes the whole file to break past a certain point, apparently disabling several event triggers(which is why the bi-yearly ruler events were not firing, ever).

So I fixed all of them.

Mod works now.

I had problems with parts of this mod not working correctly, or at all.

So I ran it through the Validator(http://www.ckiiwiki.com/The_Validator).

Came up with numerous serious parsing errors: About 30 examples of 'if {' when it's supposed to be 'if = {', a couple of missing closing brackets, and a serious error in on_events that causes the whole file to break past a certain point, apparently disabling several event triggers(which is why the bi-yearly ruler events were not firing, ever).

So I fixed all of them.

Mod works now.

So, I tried using the validator, and it refuses to accept the mod path as correct for me.  Are you willing to upload the fixed files that you made?

Edit:  Oh, never mind.  When I read the instructions for it I though you needed to enter the entire mod filepath, not just the name....

Anyone having an issue where the game thinks you're part of both the lillith society even though you're part of some other society? Like I get events for both societies (the going out and causing chaos lillith event).

This issue was previously reported.

Lilith events are bleeding over  into other societies.  I have the same issue.

• 2 weeks later...

Think I may have figured out why the events are bleeding over to other societies.

The trigger condition i set to "is_lilith_material_trigger"

This is for the corruption pulse and the events.

The thing is I think that is just saying the character has flaws that make them 'eligible' to the society, not that they are a part of the society.  As such every society member (of any society) who would also qualify as 'lilith_material' would flag the event.  This is just my guess work logic at the moment I'm going to test it out a bit with the pulse trigger changed as corruption was becoming widespread with any society as it had the same trigger.  Changed it and we'll see if it stops.

• 2 weeks later...

Does raping a prisoner/after a siege as a woman have a chance to incur pregnancy? I don't see it in the effects tooltip. 

I believe it does.  It basically plays the default in game chances based on fertility.  So no tool tip needed.

Just wanted to say that I’ve really enjoyed the mod and wanted to give some suggestions on it.

While sieging a place as a female ruler and finding eligible men makes sense, it seems a shame that you miss out on imprisoning the women as there are usually more available. It would be nice to be given an imprison option for men and women as they are valuable (as slaves or hostages or both). It seems like female rulers just get less when sieging, though I admit that free choice on imprisonment could be OP.

One solution to the Raped trait being too strong or too weak; you could have it be more debilitating but behave like the wounded trait. While wounded triggers the ‘healed’ event that changes it to scarred, raped could trigger an ‘on reflection, here how the event changed me’ kind of event that could give other traits. You could develop negative traits like shy, drunkard, depressed, disfigured, stutter and weak. You could also develop positive traits from overcoming the ordeal and being stronger for it; brave, strong, chaste and wroth come to mind. You could even have a rare chance of going Celibate.

As for bugs, I’ve also had problems triggering the ‘in command’ or ‘at home’ events. I’ve had a male and female ruler that’s ruled for 50 years each and I’ve never seen any such event. I’m only running this mod and the base game though, no DLC. Don’t know if that’s a factor. Maybe I’m just unlucky?

Edit: I used the validated version that Mosep posted and it works! I'm getting loads of events now.

I was wondering if anyone knew if there was some way to disable the procero dog command without uninstalling the entire Toska submod. The reason I ask is because now my character constantly gets attacked by other character's guard dogs and I end up having 10-20+ and frankly now I"m just annoyed of it ocmpletely.  I'd love if anyone has some solutions because I enjoy the submod itself just not this procero part..least not anymore now that I aquire too many rivals.   Also...this is just me ranting but I don't see how it makes sense I get assaulted by another person's dog when they are in a completely different territory, regardless if we're in the same kingdom/empire or not.

Anyone having an issue where the game thinks you're part of both the lillith society even though you're part of some other society? Like I get events for both societies (the going out and causing chaos lillith event).

I modified the DWTLLO event file, and seem to of fixed the problem.  No promises that it doesn't mess up something, but I'll share what I did if anyone wishes to test it.   I've only tested for 10yrs game time, while in the Hermetic Society...no Lilith events popped.

Go to the DWTLLO event file located in /mod/DWToska/events...open it and look for any trigger that uses "is_lilith_material_trigger = yes"...add the following trigger "society_member_of = the_liliths".

Example:

### minor/major soul corruption effect (on yearly pulse)
character_event = {
id = DWTLLO.7000

hide_window = yes
is_triggered_only = yes

trigger = {
society_member_of = the_liliths
is_lilith_material_trigger = yes
days_in_society > 1095
has_dlc = Mystics
}

That has worked for me so far.   Though with more testing you might find it creates problems or doesn't work.   I'll test it more tomorrow, and see if anything bad happens.

Hope it helps.

Merdred

For some reason, a couple of month in, my virgin female ruler suddenly becomes a hedonistic seductress whore. No events or popups - just bam, you're it.

It's like like some part of "Initiation for Lilith" has run amok and doesn't give the player a choice.

Playing with CK2 v2.7.1 and latest DW:R, Slavery Expanded, "Extra Traits and Other Stuff", Bigger Events and of course Toska.

I modified the DWTLLO event file, and seem to of fixed the problem.  No promises that it doesn't mess up something, but I'll share what I did if anyone wishes to test it.   I've only tested for 10yrs game time, while in the Hermetic Society...no Lilith events popped.

Go to the DWTLLO event file located in /mod/DWToska/events...open it and look for any trigger that uses "is_lilith_material_trigger = yes"...add the following trigger "society_member_of = the_liliths".

Example:

### minor/major soul corruption effect (on yearly pulse)
character_event = {
id = DWTLLO.7000

hide_window = yes
is_triggered_only = yes

trigger = {
society_member_of = the_liliths
is_lilith_material_trigger = yes
days_in_society > 1095
has_dlc = Mystics
}

That has worked for me so far.   Though with more testing you might find it creates problems or doesn't work.   I'll test it more tomorrow, and see if anything bad happens.

Hope it helps.

Merdred

Thanks a lot, Merdred, this definitely works. Although, I've *only* added this parameter to events that I could clearly identify as the culprits (soul corruption, society missions and mayham). No more devil-worshiping as a Benedictian saint, hurray.

Just a quick note:

I read somewhere that you actually don't need the monks DLC for mod-introduced secret societies.

So as a test I dropped all the >>has_dlc = "mystics"<< lines from this mod, since I don't have it (yet).

Working pretty fine so far.

Okey, encountered very small bug, which isnt probably supposed to exist.

When using the mod, while being succubus/incubus, you can summon tentacle beast.

But! After using That, victim gains trait "Tentacle-kin", which isnt right.

Raped person should have any other traits, but not the tentacle-kin.

Only tentacle pregency should result in tentacle-kin children.

• 2 weeks later...

I noticed there's a random courtier with 'sex crazed' trait in my court, so I marked him as a person of interest to see what he does... and what he did was:

1) Raped a gajillion women per second in my court.

2) Randomly locked himself in my prison.

3) Paid his own ransom and immediately left my court for some duke's that hates his guts.

4) Got imprisoned by said duke.

5) Got banished into some other court, where he got imprisoned again.

6) Goto 5.

What is going on? Is this a bug or is 'sex crazed' supposed to be this bonkers?  :lol:

I've been having issues with being in the Lilith's Own society but getting a mission while I'm already on a different mission-- and then suddenly no longer having access to the ability it wants me to use for the mission I'm supposed to be on! Like, even if I wipe the assigned mission out entirely, some powers (first demonic possession, then touch of Lilith) just flat-out disappeared... and then the mission would randomly come up as failing later on for no related reason. It's incredibly frustrating.

It's also slightly weird to be the High Priestess of Lilith's Own and be giving missions to myself. Would've thought there would be some sort of way to give missions to the other members rather than still have random missions come up when I'm supposedly in charge, but I'm assuming that's just how the DLC does it. Which doesn't make it any less weird, but eh.

I'm going to try the 1.35-validated download from the previous page and see if it fixes my odd problem, but if that doesn't do it does anyone else have any ideas?

Edit: Nope, no change at all, even on a new start. I'll start doing missions, and then after successfully completing a few I'll do an action that should've completed a mission... but instead the mission stays there in the listing, and all my available powers go away. For an example, I was supposed to sacrifice a virgin. So I kidnapped someone who had the Virgin modifier tab, did the sacrifice, and... it just treated it as a regular sacrifice to Lilith. Except that now I couldn't sacrifice anyone else, or use any of the other powers. Just really weird.

Archived