[mod] [CK2] Dark World Reborn: Toska (Submod)

DocToska

Ok, version 1.3.1 is up.

It's (except for one thing) a bugfix release and there were indeed a few bugs to squash:

• Lilit's Own: Visibility raised and joining requirements lowered. Not just lilith/incubus can join now, but also others with dispositions that show a certain inclinement towards the orders actvities. Also made sure that we regularly re-populate the order.
  • Removed requirement to have lilith trait from 'female army leader in trouble' event.
  • Removed requirement to have incubus trait from 'male army leader wins a siege' event.
  • Target selection for the mission 'corrupt a priest' was missing the is_opposite_sex requirement.
  • Bumped chance for individual 'while in command' and 'stay at home female ruler' events to 20%. This way at least one should fire every half year. Eliminated the NOT = { trait = futa } from all events or added OR = { trait = futa } under the checks for is_female = no.
  • Modifiers for 'stay at home rulers' were opposite of what they ought to be. Hence young female rules had a lot lower chance of getting the events than older ones. Fixed.
  • Raised frequency of Harley events.
  • Added DW:Toska Menu under 'Intrigue' that allows to turn off (and back on) 'in command', 'stay at home' and 'Harley' random events.
  • Modified most random events to honor the DW:Toska menu settings (which was a bitch, by the way). Some were left as is such as 'education of young courtiers' and some others where it made sense.
  • Bugfix: Most random events would not fire if unless you were an independent ruler. Fixed. Except for the Harley events, as you don't get a Court Jester until you're independent.
  • Futa: I did have a few events that were disallowed for futa's. I removed that restriction. For the most part Futas should now count as whatever gender they were before they got the futa trait or default to male.

Generally: The random events should now work a hell of a lot better. They had several problems such as that most of them would only fire if you were an independent ruler. But even beyond that there were some further issues.

Lilith's Own should no longer suffer from member starvation as I added a bi-yearly event that repopulates it.

The menu that allows you to enable/disable the random events is now available in the intrigue menu (see screenshot). It sets global flags, so even if your ruler dies and you continue with the heir the settings will remain.

Oh, and you can indeed set a picture in a desc = {} clause and not just the description. That allowed me to throw out some redundant events and combine them. Yay!

post-208351-0-96201200-1490259627_thumb.png

The files in the zip, there are two txt files with the same name in different case. dwt_rape_decisions.txt.

Doh! My bad! Version 1.3.2 is up where that problem is fixed.

I rolled this up on a Linux box and there you can of course have files with the same name as long as the case is different. Which Windows can't handle. I didn't even notice that I two decisions with the same name in different cases.

Many thanks for reporting it!

Is it really OK to post bug-reports (if found any) here or is it better to leave the thread for the actual discussion and to send technical issues via PM?

Either way is fine. If you send bug reports by PM they will easier get my attention as they will not get drowned in the general replies in this topic. But I think I didn't miss anything from this topic so far.

also, sacrifice to lilith stopped appearing as an option. other members of of the society are seducing my wife GDI and giving me the plague.

nice background for the society page.

I just checked. It didn't appear for me either, but then I realized that my ruler was in command of an army. Some targeted decisions are not allowed while you're in command,  imprisoned or incapable and I guess one of these must be the case why it's not showing up for you.

And yes: With the society's members being such a lustful and gregarious bunch they go after everything that's not on the tree by the count of three. Which might include your own family. And that even gets worse if you have a demon child or a sexcrazed person in your court. Especially the later are people you might not want to have within hailing distance of your court.

I have a question... and keep in mind, that I really don't know much about modding.

Can those abilities for Lilith society also include hidden modifiers like AI Honor, AI zeal... And thus determine, who would probably do something horrible, or just be... slightly less zealous.

For example. If, AI has AI Honor of 100, he will never release Lillith plague, since for release if plague (For AI) will -70 AI Honor be needed.

Sooo is this possible, or am i mistaken?

I have a question... and keep in mind, that I really don't know much about modding.

Can those abilities for Lilith society also include hidden modifiers like AI Honor, AI zeal... And thus determine, who would probably do something horrible, or just be... slightly less zealous.

For example. If, AI has AI Honor of 100, he will never release Lillith plague, since for release if plague (For AI) will -70 AI Honor be needed.

Generally it's possible to do that.

I'll go into a bit of detail here how it currently works and what little would need to be changed:

CK 2 has "on_actions" that fire on certain events. Such as "on_startup" of the game, on bi-yearly or yearly pulse, on combat, battle/siege won/lost, on birth, death, war started/ended and so on. There are also some society specific on_actions.

The game (and any mod) can tie into this and say: On birth of someone I want you to fire event XXX.1000 for me.

DWToska ties various events into on_actions and some of them are related to societies.

on_startup:

• DWTLLO.10030 # Initial populate the order.
  • DWTLLO.9997 # Make sure all members of the society are embracing sexuality
  • DWTLLO.9998 # Make sure higher ranking members of society are lilith or incubus
  • DWTLLO.9999 # Make sure higher ranking members of society are lilith or incubus

on_siege_over_winner:

• DWTLLO.7111 # Lilith Worshipers desecrate holding

on_society_bi_yearly_pulse:

• DWTLLO.10030 # Populate Lilith Worshipers
  • DWTLLO.7200 # Lilith Worshipers quest tombola
  • DWTLLO.7000 # Lilith Worshipers: soul corruption chance
  • DWTLLO.9997 # Make sure all members of the society are embracing sexuality
  • DWTLLO.9998 # Make sure higher ranking members of society are lilith or incubus
  • DWTLLO.9999 # Make sure higher ranking members of society are lilith or incubus
  • Fire certain random events such as Orgy, Night in Town, Grand Summoning, Impersonating Priest, Infernal Choir

on_character_switch_society_interest:

• DWTLLO.10010 # Some cleanup of flags

on_character_kicked_from_society:

• DWTLLO.10021 # Cleanup

on_character_stop_showing_interest:

• DWTLLO.10019

on_quest_success / on_quest_failure:

• DWTLLO.6666 # success
  • DWTLLO.6667 # failure

To to what you like we would tie that into DWTLLO.10030 and DWTLLO.9997-9999, which are the events that populate the order and make sure that it's members have certain traits and dispositions that suit us.

And I think you made an excellent suggestion to limit usage of certain Lilith's Own abilities to either preventing order members from using them too liberally or from using them at all.

The base game does this by doing very small currency payouts on quest success and pricing certain abilities very high. Hence order members don't have the "order cash" to afford throwing their powers around as if it were candy. In this regard my mod is currently unbalanced, as our "Orgasmic Power" payouts (our orders cash) is way too high.

I'll look into this and a quick fix might be that I restrict the lower rank and file of the order from using certain abilities and/or make sure that the AI (not the player) needs piety or real cash to pay for usage of the powers as well. Because that easily forces the AI to be more moderate and use the powers less frequently.

Especially for "tainted touch" and "Lilith Possession" we might need this. These events do have a section called ai_will_do, which defines how frequent (if at all) the AI will use these powers. For example the AI will only use "Lilith Impregnation" at a 0.1% chance on their own. Except if they have that quest. In which case the percentage jumps briefly to 100%.

So yes: This could need some tweaking. AI honor would be one way, but even without that we could simply make the AI less inclined to use certain powers and abilities.

Heh, great! I was just shooting blind bullet here. Happy to see, that you consider my suggestion as excellent ^^

But mods for CK2 need real balance, since most things constantly change. Of course due Paradox patching and new DLCs being released.

At least, one or two more DLC will be released finally and after that, orders will have hell and heaven for modding. Hell from trying to update mods (because next DLC is said to be biggest one yet) and heaven because of... calm time without DLC releases.

Anyway, about AI... I think it's cool to add up these values, especially also for some traits too, beside rank and ability limitations.

For example... sexcrazed maniac could have his ai_rationality reduced a lot. Thus giving additional reason and resources to unleash deadly abilities.

One other point... I dont know now (because I'm currently away from computer and home for few days), but ranks in society also give additional flat bonuses?

Like rank 4 giving +15% fertility and +15 attraction opinion?

If remember correctly, it's possible to do so, because Assassin leader has 20% plot discovery and defence built in his rank.

also, sacrifice to lilith stopped appearing as an option. other members of of the society are seducing my wife GDI and giving me the plague.

nice background for the society page.

I just checked. It didn't appear for me either, but then I realized that my ruler was in command of an army. Some targeted decisions are not allowed while you're in command,  imprisoned or incapable and I guess one of these must be the case why it's not showing up for you.

And yes: With the society's members being such a lustful and gregarious bunch they go after everything that's not on the tree by the count of three. Which might include your own family. And that even gets worse if you have a demon child or a sexcrazed person in your court. Especially the later are people you might not want to have within hailing distance of your court.

I'm an idiot my bad. my wife became the empress of the HRE and made me chancellor. That must be it.

You can also use ai_zeal/honor/ambition/greed in conditions, e.g. in modifier for ai_will_do clauses of decisions (accoeding to the wiki, at least).

Yes, that is certainly and option and I will be looking into that.

For example... sexcrazed maniac could have his ai_rationality reduced a lot. Thus giving additional reason and resources to unleash deadly abilities.

*That* is an excellent idea and I'll add that right away.

One other point... I dont know now (because I'm currently away from computer and home for few days), but ranks in society also give additional flat bonuses?

Like rank 4 giving +15% fertility and +15 attraction opinion?

No, I think I'm not doing that yet, but this is also a good idea. I'll see to it.

Meanwhile I've been some testing for the UNIPROC Framework (Universal Procreation) that will allow me (or any modder who has my mod as dependency) to easily do sex events. All that needs to be done in an initial event is to grab the actors and set some flags. Then call the event UNIPROC.1 and it'll start the event chain.

This will cover various settings such as consensual/nonconsensual, court, prisoner, battlefield/siege and different gender specific perspectives.

The new ability to define triggers for descriptions (and images) makes this really easy. Sadly something like this won't work:

desc = {
        trigger = {
            # Female rapes Female:
            event_target:is_rapist = {
                always = yes
                is_female = yes
            }
            event_target:is_rape_victim = {
                always = yes
                is_female = yes
            }
        }
        text = "UNIPROC.1FrF"
        if = {
            limit = {
                event_target:is_rape_victim = {
                    is_prisoner = yes
                }
                # Pictures of female prisoners:
                random_list = {
                    25 = { picture = DWT.RapeOptions }
                    25 = { picture = DWTHarleyClothedPrisonerGeneric2 }
                    25 = { picture = DWTHarleyClothedPrisonerGeneric }
                    25 = { picture = DWTHarleyNakedPrisonerGeneric4 }
                }
            }
            # Else: Pictures of not imprisoned females:
            random_list = {
                25 = { picture = RudeAwakening }
                25 = { picture = DWLilith_Lust }
                25 = { picture = CastleMaid }
                25 = { picture = TroopFemaleLiegeAmbush3 }
            }
        }
        # Pictures of not imprisoned females: (in case the IF clause above is ignored)
        random_list = {
             25 = { picture = RudeAwakening }
             25 = { picture = DWLilith_Lust }
             25 = { picture = CastleMaid }
             25 = { picture = TroopFemaleLiegeAmbush3 }
        }
    }

Neither the if = {} clause nor random_list = {} for the pictures work in this context: "Unexpected token: if". For the final random list it doesn't even bother to log an error. Soo ... I have to do it the hard way.

I've just started playing with the dark world mods you listed in under your requirements (excluding the futa mercenaries) and I've got to say I enjoy it quite a lot. There are a fair amount of rough edges however. Just a disclaimer, I'm not trying to attack you or anything. I say this because a lot of mod makers are hyper sensitive to criticism.

​First off is bugs.

As I commented on the darkest perversions mod page the guard dog attack event is triggering way too often. Everyone is buying dogs and raping everyone they can with them, basically. Also, why am I not immune to attacks when I own a guard dog? I can't attack npcs that have one.

​The Lilith secret society seems to be interfering with normal societies. While playing as a werewolf I decided to join the Cold Ones and saw a few bugs as a result. Mostly it was buggy missions, such as receiving more than one mission at a time (a normal one and a Lilith one?), being addressed as being part of Lilith's society in some events, and having access to some Lilith decisions (I think). Should be mentioned that this occurred while I was using the ck2 plus mod.

​Second is the traits. Or a tale of how every negative trait is toothless and every positive trait is a super buff. Also, being a rapist makes you a better person.

​I'll address the rapist/raped traits seeing as how they are from your mod. Why does raped give 5 intrigue? I could see it giving 1, maybe, but come on. 5? 5! That is one less than a tier 3 education. Do you mean to say every person that has been raped is an intricate webweaver? And why does rapist give 2 diplomacy? Thats not how that skill works at all. Did you forget the "-" to go in front of that 2? I just looked through the list of dwt traits and they are all crazy man. Asocial just a -1 to diplo which make shy a worse trait to have(just be a rapist to make up for it :P). Stable whore giving plus one to anything at all is crazy nonsense. Sex crazed 5 intrigue again (wow!) along side wealth (5 gold a month? If so that is insane), prestige (really?), and plus one combat rating (come on now).

​All I'm trying to say is please tone it down some, maybe prune a few skill bonuses altogether. Add a few more negatives to bring it in line with vanilla. This isn't mean to be a cheat mod right?

​I could easily go on for a few more paragraphs about werewolfs not being furry shit and other such problems, but thats not something from your mod and this post is to long as is.

​P.S. a patch for HIP would be nice. Portraits aren't showing up with it.

I really enjoyed your mod so far but recently i had some issues with it. First of all i'm running all of the mods listed in requirements except for noxbestia's one I also don't have Ripper's Due and Mystics and Monks. The newly added events are not firing and some of the old ones - child education at the age 16 appear less frequent or not at all, aside from that none of the Harley events seem to work. Other free features like mod config and infertility curse for succubus are working properly. I tried to turn on and off events in config menu but it didn't help.

I really enjoyed your mod so far but recently i had some issues with it. First of all i'm running all of the mods listed in requirements except for noxbestia's one I also don't have Ripper's Due and Mystics and Monks. The newly added events are not firing and some of the old ones - child education at the age 16 appear less frequent or not at all, aside from that none of the Harley events seem to work. Other free features like mod config and infertility curse for succubus are working properly. I tried to turn on and off events in config menu but it didn't help.

Yup, same here, none of the event involving the in command, not in command and harley events trigger. I played a game with a female ruler for over 15 years, with more then half of those years harley available, but no events seem to trigger. Also tried to play with a male ruler to see if the siege rape events trigger, they do not. I acctually do have noxbestia's mod installed, but that doesn't make a difference.

Yup, same here, none of the event involving the in command, not in command and harley events trigger. I played a game with a female ruler for over 15 years, with more then half of those years harley available, but no events seem to trigger. Also tried to play with a male ruler to see if the siege rape events trigger, they do not. I acctually do have noxbestia's mod installed, but that doesn't make a difference.

1. Some Harley events won't trigger, since they were designed for male rulers. Overall, if I'm not mistaken, Harley doesn't have any lesbian events. Just events with males.

2. You can't siege rape in previous versions, because to do so, you need to be in charge of armies and Incubus

1. Some Harley events won't trigger, since they were designed for male rulers. Overall, if I'm not mistaken, Harley doesn't have any lesbian events. Just events with males.

2. You can't siege rape in previous versions, because to do so, you need to be in charge of armies and Incubus

1. Harley has some unisex events as well i believe

2. The requirements to be an incubus where removed in the newest version (according to the changelog) and yes i was also in charge of the army

But the harley events aren't the biggest issue here, as a female ruler i don't get any of the event when in command of not in command of the army. According to the changelog all the events should now be available for all females, not only Lilith.

1. Harley has some unisex events as well i believe

2. The requirements to be an incubus where removed in the newest version (according to the changelog) and yes i was also in charge of the army

But the harley events aren't the biggest issue here, as a female ruler i don't get any of the event when in command of not in command of the army. According to the changelog all the events should now be available for all females, not only Lilith.

1. I played for over 50 years as a male king with HIP mod installed, which I believe conflicts with child education at 16th birthday, and for over 20 years without - No events with Harley whatsoever whereas with previous versions i had many events for both male and female characters.

2. As mentioned in the changelog Lilith trait is no longer required for command events to trigger but other events seem to fire less often compared to previous versions.

nice mod but i have been getting problems whit using the ability's from the society seems every time i use one it triggers the event that warns that you used your power to often even after i hadent used them for about a year. added to that the actual power i used did not trigger wich is even more anoying you might want to check that.

another problem i had was that the unholy child dident get the event tags at birth.

Hmmm i tried again without being a councillor or a commander. i have a kidnapped child in my dungeon and still the sacrifice option does not appear. =(

Child prisoner? The minimum age for most events that involve sex is 14 years of age. Even that is a bit controversial as I lowered it from the default 16 years.

I've just started playing with the dark world mods you listed in under your requirements (excluding the futa mercenaries) and I've got to say I enjoy it quite a lot. There are a fair amount of rough edges however. Just a disclaimer, I'm not trying to attack you or anything. I say this because a lot of mod makers are hyper sensitive to criticism.

It's fine, don't worry. The only thing I'm really sick and tired about hearing is the Dog Procreo stuff. My mod does not and will not hand out guard dogs to the AI. So if you do not want any dog mischief, simply don't buy a dog and it'll be all good. Unless: You also have Noxbestia's mod installed. And that's what I'm sick and tired about hearing: Once you have Noxbestia's mod installed? Then the dogs go haywire, as his mod hands the dogs out to the AI like candy and then all hell breaks loose. And everyone points his fingers at me and comes complaining, why *my* mod is so liberal with the dog procreo. Which I'm absolutely not. By now I'm actually so tired of getting blamed for someone elses mod fuckups that I'm inclined to throw the dog out entirely and let it be someone else's problem. Which it was from the beginning.  ;)

​The Lilith secret society seems to be interfering with normal societies. While playing as a werewolf I decided to join the Cold Ones and saw a few bugs as a result. Mostly it was buggy missions, such as receiving more than one mission at a time (a normal one and a Lilith one?), being addressed as being part of Lilith's society in some events, and having access to some Lilith decisions (I think). Should be mentioned that this occurred while I was using the ck2 plus mod.

I just checked. Personally I haven't witnessed this yet, but it's entirely possible. I just modified the quest tombola to make sure that it only hands out missions to members of Lilith's Own. This will be part of 1.3.4 which I will release later today.

​Second is the traits. Or a tale of how every negative trait is toothless and every positive trait is a super buff. Also, being a rapist makes you a better person.

​All I'm trying to say is please tone it down some, maybe prune a few skill bonuses altogether. Add a few more negatives to bring it in line with vanilla. This isn't mean to be a cheat mod right?

Yes, balancing is an issue. Raped use to be a crippling trait, so I tuned it down already on popular demand. Likewise: Rapist was mentioned a bit further up. It currently has a bonus to spouse opinion (which it rightly so shouldn't have). But this is a work around for not making the spouse your worst enemy for a couple of "honey, I slipped during a siege and fell right into her!".

As per your suggestion I will go through a few of these traits and make some changes. Although: The intrigue buff for raped is entirely intended. If it should be +5 or +1 or something in between is up for discussion, though. I think somewhat longer term I make the raped/rapist traits temporal buffs that eventually vane off. However, as I check for these traits all over the place I don't wanna do this on the fly an in a hurry as it has the chance of breaking stuff big time.

HIP mod compatibility

What's HIP? And what are the problems between that mod and mine?

The newly added events are not firing and some of the old ones - child education at the age 16 appear less frequent or not at all, aside from that none of the Harley events seem to work.

The Harley events - at this time - require you to be an independent ruler. I will eventually fix this.

Child education events? I'll look into that.

I found an issue with the siege events. I only removed the requirement for being incubus from the (hidden) first stage event, but not from the second stage event. So 1.3.3 still requires you to be incubus despite the changelog saying otherwise. Will be fixed in 1.3.4 which I will release later today.

As for all random events: Some of these only fire if you're in command. Others fire only if you're explicitly *not* in command. Take the Harley visits you in your throne room event for example. Unless we count the loo as "throne room" it would be illogical if she visits you there while you're out with the army.

However, I will look over these events yet again to see if some of the restrictions can be removed. As is there is a 100% bi-yearly chance of *something* happening. But only if the criteria of the event don't prevent it. Like an event getting triggered, but then the trigger in it says: "I'd do it, but you're in command and this event says: you must not be".

nice mod but i have been getting problems whit using the ability's from the society seems every time i use one it triggers the event that warns that you used your power to often even after i hadent used them for about a year.

another problem i had was that the unholy child dident get the event tags at birth.

IIRC the cooldown for power usages is one year. You can use them more often. But that triggers the warning as a reminder.

About siege events...

If you're playing as female ruler, you can't rape anyone, right?

Correct. Female rulers in command of armies while winning a siege will not get this event.

Hi all.

I just uploaded v1.3.4, which contains buxfixes and balance adjustments:

• Drastically reduced frequency with which AI will use Dark Divorce, Tainted touch and Lilith Possession.
  • Several events were supposed to apply a piety and prestige hit to spouses of victims. Instead these were applied to the aggressor, giving him a double penalty in that regards. Fixed.
  • There was a second event related to siege rapes (while in command) that still had the requirement for th 'incubus' trait. Fixed.
  • Lilith's Own society quest tombola should now only fire for members of Lilith's Own.
  • 'Corrupt Priest' now has a 50% chance that the priest becomes a heretic of his current faith.
  • Small rebalancing of effects from traits as discussed one post above this.
  • Harley related changes: Harley events now also fire if you are NOT an independent ruler. Harley events now also fire if you are in command of troops. While this is illogical for some of the events I got too many complaints about *it* not working, when it was working as intended. Furthermore: If Harley finds no lustful & ambitious lover/consort/spouse to kill, she will perform one of two other actions instead, making this a sure fire event, too.
  • Modified conditions for 'Approving of Heretics' (during recruitment of Lilith members) to better suit the Lilith traits and dispositions. Many thanks to anonamoose99517 for finding that one!
  • Added a short 2-panel society random event that involves a carnal encounter in a holy place.

child education at the age 16 appear less frequent or not at all

I looked into that and it works 100% as intended. It only fires if you are not prisoner and not in command of troops. Because it would be illogical that you happen to have your kid around in these circumstances.

Hey Toska, great work on the mod.

I have a request for you, since this mod is based on the old DW.

Do you remember the old werewolf event chain where you hear rumours of something eating the livestock and you can choose to ignore it, hire monster hunters, send your marshal to investigate etc?

Archived