[mod] [CK2] Dark World Reborn: Toska (Submod)

DocToska

Also small suggestion.

I'm not sire if this is ingame but would it be possible to add events of exotic emporeum? Because in Dark world Exotic emporeum isnt working.

Also adding Spell book events: Random stats, binding marks, death marks. I really miss that.

Of course... finally - Summoning ritual. Far the coolest events. I really miss summoning orcs and angels to world :/

And maybe Tentacle-kin trait for tentacle children? Im not sure but in my games are not born children with tentacle-kin trait.

Plus small bug - tentacle pregenancy isnt removed, when child is born.

Ummm, Toska? Should I continue to add new ides?

^thats a good amount of suggestions

^ What this guy said.

It says in the title this is just a submod. Adding onto DW's framework with expanded events and restoring cut content is one thing; but half of these suggestions would be enough to be their own mod or may even be included in the main Dark World mod at some point. Dew already mentioned his intent to put in a more advanced summoning system and content devoted to Orcs and Elves across the board. Adding stuff Dew has said he won't be doing or adding stuff Dew hasn't mentioned is fine. The concern I have is if Toska adds the summoning in, it will eventually conflict with the main mod when Dew adds it in. Thus requiring Toska to rewrite entire events just so the game doesn't crash when both are loaded up.

PS. If these suggestions are taken I'd advise going the route of Reborn and making a sub-file for each module like the Hentai mod did. Especially if you get into the more hardcore stuff like watersports or necrophelia.

Playing as a male ruler, all Commander events except the Wood Vixen do not seem to work.

Even when starting the events DTW.920, 930, 940 and 950 via console, nothing happens.

I play with all DLC as the Latin Emprie with Children of Lilith start. I only us DW mods (Core, Lilith, Court and Comerce, Creatures of Night, Toska 1.1.3)

Other than that: What do you think about using Game Rules instead of splliting up the mod into several parts?

Playing as a male ruler, all Commander events except the Wood Vixen do not seem to work.

Even when starting the events DTW.920, 930, 940 and 950 via console, nothing happens.

I play with all DLC as the Latin Emprie with Children of Lilith start. I only us DW mods (Core, Lilith, Court and Comerce, Creatures of Night, Toska 1.1.3)

Other than that: What do you think about using Game Rules instead of splliting up the mod into several parts?

That would be more complicated because a lot of the bigger mods do that. Dark World and its submods add onto CK2; they don't really change how the game works. It would most likely conflict with a bigger mod like CK2+ which works fine with Dark World stuff enabled.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, I found a little bug here.

When woman is tentacle raped, her child should get with 100% chance the "tentacle-kin" trait.

In 1.25 this was veeery common feature and really cool one. Now, in submod, child gets only bastard trait.

Tentacle-Kin trait is named "tentacle"

Also! Two tentacle-kin adults should be able to breed tentacle-kin children.

I found this too. I thought the event was fairly problematic as is, for a couple reasons. First, it's not rare at all. In a game as nomads, where the ruler is a commander pretty much all the time, I was seeing it about once a year. Second, there's no "don't follow" option to exit out of it, which means that you're guaranteed to get the asocial trait and be wounded on a regular basis.

• 2 weeks later...

I believe the Catholic religion needs to be able to holy war because it's foolish to try and play as someone like Kingdom of Leon or Castille. Eventually the Sunni's will overwhelm you.

Edit the file in common > religions called christ_religion.txt

Inside that file, there should be only one bock. Delete the line that says pacifist = yes.

I believe the Catholic religion needs to be able to holy war because it's foolish to try and play as someone like Kingdom of Leon or Castille. Eventually the Sunni's will overwhelm you.

Edit the file in common > religions called christ_religion.txt

Inside that file, there should be only one bock. Delete the line that says pacifist = yes.

Ah finally. Thank you.

• 2 weeks later...

Hopefully its not dead, and that the religious modifications are modular out of the main Toska mod.

I hope too... but yeah.. it has been long time, since mod was updated. Or even Toska responded to the comments.

Unfortunately, this is only mod adding old stuff from original DW. Some great events are included.

Personally I just deleted the changes to the Catholic church (though it would be awesome to have it be an option).

Overall though, I absolutely love this mod and some of the random events that come up with it. I can't imagine not using it now.

Speaking of religion - one thing I may look at sometime soon is doing a new "Lilith religion" DW submod, since I contributed a lot of the original Lilithian religion to the older version of DW. I think I can do a better job of it this next time. :)

Personally I just deleted the changes to the Catholic church (though it would be awesome to have it be an option).

Overall though, I absolutely love this mod and some of the random events that come up with it. I can't imagine not using it now.

Speaking of religion - one thing I may look at sometime soon is doing a new "Lilith religion" DW submod, since I contributed a lot of the original Lilithian religion to the older version of DW. I think I can do a better job of it this next time. :)

That'd be sweet. 

If you happen to run my Darkest Perversion submod, I decided to to go ahead and override DocToska's Catholics and get rid of the "pacifist = yes" setting. That leaves them with all the other changed he made.

I have also added male versions of the Procreo events (broken in 0.0.3.2 but should be fixed in the release after that). The male version can also be used by the AI and (as I found out) rather aggressively. I have modified it so that you are protected if you own your own guard dog.  I plan on having mechanics where the dogs will fight for dominance but I have not written that yet.

Since DocToska has not been online in over a month, I have been tempted to make a few more changes to his work so that the female Procreo events have the same AI options as the male ones, but I don't want to disrespect his vision so I haven't yet.

I _could_ add (yet another) game rule that would let the player choose between my enhanced Toska (where I just have the one change to Catholics and the male Procreo command) or a heavily modified Toska where I have more intrusive changes to his work that include things like added AI to the female Procreo, removing the duplicate succubus life leech power, and so on...  Again, I don't want to disrespect his work so I haven't done that yet.

Now, as for the old content coming back, DewGuru made the following post:

<---snip--->

Oh - and to answer a few questions:

Q. What about the content that is still missing from the original Dark World mod?

A. I've been opening it up more often, and my intention is to add a little bit here and there as I move forward, while also sprinkling in new content. Some things won't make it over, due to the change in direction. Specifically the old Slavery system and the old Whoring system. The new Slavery and Whoring system may get some tweaks, and they'll likely get more events, but that approach is here to stay. Side note: I do intend on bringing the Brothel Expansion event chain back in some form.

Q. Alright, but what about the old Lilith Region?

A. Right now my plans are to wait until Monks and Mystics comes out, so I can get a hands-on feel for the secret societies. Ideally, it would fit more in my vision for it to be a secret religious society, corrupting from the shadows, and after a point perhaps it makes itself known. If I can somehow achieve that with the secret society play, then that's how I'll reintroduce it. If I don't like how it works, then I'll take the original religion approach again.

Q. What are you working on now?

A. Outside of the Neko images, I'd like to see each release involve another race roll-out, until folks have the option to also start as an Orc, Elf, Vampire, and Kitsune. Outside of that, it's more whatever grabs my interest at the moment.

If you happen to run my Darkest Perversion submod, I decided to to go ahead and override DocToska's Catholics and get rid of the "pacifist = yes" setting. That leaves them with all the other changed he made.

I have also added male versions of the Procreo events (broken in 0.0.3.2 but should be fixed in the release after that). The male version can also be used by the AI and (as I found out) rather aggressively. I have modified it so that you are protected if you own your own guard dog.  I plan on having mechanics where the dogs will fight for dominance but I have not written that yet.

Since DocToska has not been online in over a month, I have been tempted to make a few more changes to his work so that the female Procreo events have the same AI options as the male ones, but I don't want to disrespect his vision so I haven't yet.

I _could_ add (yet another) game rule that would let the player choose between my enhanced Toska (where I just have the one change to Catholics and the male Procreo command) or a heavily modified Toska where I have more intrusive changes to his work that include things like added AI to the female Procreo, removing the duplicate succubus life leech power, and so on...  Again, I don't want to disrespect his work so I haven't done that yet.

Now, as for the old content coming back, DewGuru made the following post:

<---snip--->

Oh - and to answer a few questions:

Q. What about the content that is still missing from the original Dark World mod?

A. I've been opening it up more often, and my intention is to add a little bit here and there as I move forward, while also sprinkling in new content. Some things won't make it over, due to the change in direction. Specifically the old Slavery system and the old Whoring system. The new Slavery and Whoring system may get some tweaks, and they'll likely get more events, but that approach is here to stay. Side note: I do intend on bringing the Brothel Expansion event chain back in some form.

Q. Alright, but what about the old Lilith Region?

A. Right now my plans are to wait until Monks and Mystics comes out, so I can get a hands-on feel for the secret societies. Ideally, it would fit more in my vision for it to be a secret religious society, corrupting from the shadows, and after a point perhaps it makes itself known. If I can somehow achieve that with the secret society play, then that's how I'll reintroduce it. If I don't like how it works, then I'll take the original religion approach again.

Q. What are you working on now?

A. Outside of the Neko images, I'd like to see each release involve another race roll-out, until folks have the option to also start as an Orc, Elf, Vampire, and Kitsune. Outside of that, it's more whatever grabs my interest at the moment.

Isn't this mod just material from the old DW-mod? I don't think DocToska has made any own material, I can be wrong but if that is the case you can change or use whatever you want without caring about his vision.

Isn't this mod just material from the old DW-mod? I don't think DocToska has made any own material, I can be wrong but if that is the case you can change or use whatever you want without caring about his vision.

I could be wrong, but there does appear to be a lot that wasn't in the original DW. Maybe it's from somewhere else, but it's new to me.

I may ping DG and see what he has in mind. Part of what I was thinking was of having new secret/lost religious strains that you could uncover or invent, say by having a learning of X+ or simply having learning focus while a succubus/incubus.

You'd then discover a heresy of whatever your primary religion is that functions sort of as a female/sex/etc friendly(er) variant. At least, that seems easier than having the multiple versions based on ethnic group to vary the holy sites.

There could also be werewolf or vampire versions too, or others, like you noted with your furry catholicism, Nox. :)

Oh, and while I'm at it, there does seem to be one event in Toska's set that is off, that irks me - the wild woman coming on to you while you're leading troops. The event is set to fire for males and females, but the text and pictures are for male characters only. (Oh, and the text also reads "Lilith send me" instead of "Lilith sent me" at one point)

Ummmmmm...

Is this mod dead, or we can expect further updates?

Well one thing I"m wondering about is if I'm actually installing the mod right.  I don't seem to get half the events listed.

I'm going right to 1.1.3.  The thing is I noticed 1.0.0 had 17MB of data and 1.1.3 only has 12MB.  I'm wondering if I shouldn't be installing older versions of the mod and then rewriting it with the progressive patches.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

Sorry for dropping off the face of the earth. I had some things pop up with that took me away from CKII. But as I now (finally) have a fully updated v2.7 with all DLC I'm looking at making DW:Toska compatible to it again.

The concern I have is if Toska adds the summoning in, it will eventually conflict with the main mod when Dew adds it in. Thus requiring Toska to rewrite entire events just so the game doesn't crash when both are loaded up.

That won't happen. I have no intention in adding summoning or some of the things that have been suggested here. I appreciate all the suggestions and welcome them. But there were some suggestions which simply don't cater my own naughieness. Hence I'm not really all that inclined to implementing them.

I've been writing professional software for the last +25 years and often the stuff I work on needs to integrate into or needs to work side by side with other software. The fewer overlap you have, the fewer incompatabilities you get. And the fewer problems you have once someone else updates their stuff. As it already is it's complicated enough and generates more friction that I like.

As suggested: The first thing that will fly out of the next release of DW:Toska are the changes to religion whose only purpose it was to boost the number of allowed spouses. That creates too much friction with other mods and it's not worth the limited gain it provides.

Next issue: The CKII changes from 2.63 to 2.7 broke certain of my random and targeted events. I've not yet indentified them all, but for instance you can no longer rape prisoners because apparently the conditions which make them eligible for such an action are no longer met. Am working on that now. But like said: If that's the case, some other events might not fire either as something in the syntax for event conditions might have changed.

And this:

I'll look into this as well.

When woman is tentacle raped, her child should get with 100% chance the "tentacle-kin" trait.
In 1.25 this was veeery common feature and really cool one. Now, in submod, child gets only bastard trait.

Tentacle-Kin trait is named "tentacle"

Very good suggestion. I will see to it!

Unfortunately, this is only mod adding old stuff from original DW. Some great events are included.

Yes and no. This mod started with *just* incorporating some events from the original DW. Then I took it further and added a fair share of custom events and expanded older (more verbose) events into more detailed multi-panel event chains. Such as raping courtiers and prisoners or the "comming of age" events. The "combat rape" (either while ruler in command in battle or during siege) is out of my feather, as well as a bunch of Harley related events. The mod description (first page of this topic) explains that as well.

Isn't this mod just material from the old DW-mod? I don't think DocToska has made any own material

I'm sorry, but I do take objection to such a slanderous statement. You may mean well, but your opinion is a bit ill informed and disrespectful.

As for noxbestia or anyone else incorporating parts of my mod (or all of it) into their own mods? Absolutley! No objection to this from my end. To the contrary: I welcome that. Not only because he already asked for (and received) permission months ago, but on general principle as all of us can only gain from these kind of collaborations.

Loads of female characters portraits are replaced with numbers, fix?

Am working on that as well. I just grabbed the latest version of the Remedy portraits and will see what has changed between now and back then.

I'm going right to 1.1.3.  The thing is I noticed 1.0.0 had 17MB of data and 1.1.3 only has 12MB.  I'm wondering if I shouldn't be installing older versions of the mod and then rewriting it with the progressive patches.

Always just use the latest mod. The file size of 1.1.3 is shorter because I converted almost all graphics to DDS. Especially some of the older graphics were a lot "fatter" than they needed to be - even if they already were in DDS to begin with. Hence the 1.1.3 is a lot smaller than the previous versions. Yet it contains roughly twice the amount of images than older versions.

Ok, I'm off to hunt me some bugs and to make the mod ready for CKII v2.7. Should have v1.2.0 of DWToska ready sometime this weekend unless I have a workplace emergency. This will just be a compatability fix, though. Might not neccessarily add new events yet.

Welcome back! Real life definitely takes priority (though we're certainly happy to have you return!)

A couple of things I noticed:

Wood Vixen event:

This triggers for both male and female, but the version that triggers is always male, both in the pictures and text. There should either be a female version (whether with a male partner or female-female), or perhaps have it not trigger for females?

Also, from the same event (DWT.962.desc in DWT_rape_localisation), the line "Lilith send me" should probably be "Lilith sent me".

Archived