Having issues with double body here.  Doesn't appear to have anything wrong till I cut off the hobble dress and reveal the Chastity Belt and Harness beneath it.  I've read through the forums and tried every fix I've seen but with no success.  It is a fresh install with the latest versions of all mods.  I've used bodyslide to make sure everything was built to the correct presets as well.

So Alice's hideout seems to...uh...there are no walls, floor, or ceiling, everything's got afterimages everywhere, and everything that isn't nailed down is constantly falling and being reset to height to fall again. For some reason, it looks like the room itself isn't loading, just the furnishings and characters in it. I can even talk to Alice, as long as I don't mind juggling up and down constantly during it. Any ideas?

EDIT: Additionally, when I enter the hideout, I see two messages about lacking keys. These messages appear whether or not I have any restraints locked on, and do not reflect me actually attempting to remove anything. Screenshots attached show both the messages and the crazy surreal bounce-castle world. The motion-streaking is because everything that isn't nailed down (player included) is bouncing up and down wildly.

ScreenShot0.png

ScreenShot1.png

Edited by Titania
Screenshots
46 minutes ago, Titania said:

So Alice's hideout seems to...uh...there are no walls, floor, or ceiling, everything's got afterimages everywhere, and everything that isn't nailed down is constantly falling and being reset to height to fall again. For some reason, it looks like the room itself isn't loading, just the furnishings and characters in it. I can even talk to Alice, as long as I don't mind juggling up and down constantly during it. Any ideas?

That...doesn't sound right. oO

I don't claim to be an expert in level design, but I am pretty sure the room was...mostly fine when I tested it?

For the "you lack the key..." messages at least: That is pretty close to what happens with the bound girls from DCL: Skyrim when they spawn and have gear equipped to them, because the framework is somehow treating it as if the player is equipping gear. My guess is the NPC in the screenshot is loading in as you enter the zone and the same thing is happening. If you opened your pip boy right as you entered the zone you might see the standard device equip messages ( X shudders as you lock the Y on their Z).

For the zone itself having no walls, floor, or ceiling: I'm a novice at the creation kit, so I can't suggest anything beyond "Hey, did this happen to anyone else?"

Okay, managed to just power through bouncing up and down constantly for all the hideout segments. There was another Staring Into The Void moment in Rhonda's base at the final elevator, if you used the button to call the elevator instead of just opening the door to transition to the Commonwealth map. Additionally, the catsuit at the end seems to have some clipping issues with the gloves. I'm fairly certainly I have everything Bodyslid correctly, and yet the gloves of the catsuit are clipping through my hands pretty hard, lot of texture z-fighting even at close zoom.

Yay bug reports. I'd be interested to find out if others share them, or if it's something on my end.

I wonder if the catsuit thing is another manifestation of the old double-body bug, something the fixer mod missed?

2 hours ago, Titania said:

Okay, managed to just power through bouncing up and down constantly for all the hideout segments. There was another Staring Into The Void moment in Rhonda's base at the final elevator, if you used the button to call the elevator instead of just opening the door to transition to the Commonwealth map. Additionally, the catsuit at the end seems to have some clipping issues with the gloves. I'm fairly certainly I have everything Bodyslid correctly, and yet the gloves of the catsuit are clipping through my hands pretty hard, lot of texture z-fighting even at close zoom.

Yay bug reports. I'd be interested to find out if others share them, or if it's something on my end.

I wonder if the catsuit thing is another manifestation of the old double-body bug, something the fixer mod missed?

All of the catsuits in DD 2.0 have a similar issue with the gloves. It does seem like it's a double-geometry issue, though I'm not sure exactly what the culprit is.

1. Alice hideout is glitchy, I confirm. My solution was to prid her and use moveto command to just outside the Trade Post.

2. Destination marker for the first raiders hideout was pointing to wrong place (at the Bunker Hill), the same in layout as the raiders one.

3. I confirm catsuit's gloves clipping, possibly not DCL but DD bug.

4. I think heavy gag needs some loving in DD, metal parts are greyish, it needs some shine overall.

5. Yoke is able to bend when PC moves, again DD bug/oversight obviously.

Otherwise - nice quest, thank you!

7 hours ago, Titania said:

Of particular interest are those messages about keys upon entering the hideout. On the offchance that the two are related, any idea why it would be doing that?

That seems to be a FO4 engine thing. Apparently, NPCs equip their outfits only when the area actually gets loaded into memory. DD then would mistakenly think that you are interacting with that NPC and display these messages. I will have to see if I can create a workaround for this....

Anyone else getting 3rd person animations not working properly/at all after removing the hobble dress in Vault 111? The belt/bra/harness combo still has the 'legs bound and bunny hop' animation for walking around after removing the hobble dress, while going into stealth mode appears to have no animation associated at all. Only occurs when in 3rd person view with no weapon ready - a drawn weapon or switching to first person view works properly.

I'm using the double-body fix for DD 2.0, in addition to the DCW requirements.

Out of curiosity, how difficult would it be to extend 'hide the chastity belt' functionality from the Belted! outfits to work with all DD chastity items and/or vanilla pre-war dresses? I'm assuming it's non-trivial, though it's clearly possible based on the quest outfit.

Update: Equiping and then removing/escaping from the disciplinary dress found in the supply chest fixed the 3rd person animation bug. Looks like the script that removes the hobble dress when retrieving the cutting tool is the culprit.

19 hours ago, zenris said:

Anyone else getting 3rd person animations not working properly/at all after removing the hobble dress in Vault 111? The belt/bra/harness combo still has the 'legs bound and bunny hop' animation for walking around after removing the hobble dress, while going into stealth mode appears to have no animation associated at all. Only occurs when in 3rd person view with no weapon ready - a drawn weapon or switching to first person view works properly.

I had that problem to you can fix it by reequipping a hobble dress and then taking it off.

On 11/27/2017 at 3:23 PM, Kimy said:

Version 1.4

- Added: Alice in Wasteland quest: The scientist who once helped you out of your chastity belt now requires YOUR help. Note: This new quest will start automatically, after you have completed Belted! and some other parts of the main quest (killed Kellog to be exact).

Awesome! New content -- thank you!

But, um... If we've already completed Belted! and killed Kellogg, how do we trigger this quest? I've tried talking to John the Smith, he's as clueless as ever.

Any ideas?

On 11/27/2017 at 5:35 PM, Varithina said:

Nah it was after I found him when he offers to remove the belt and change it to something of his choice, the whatever he puts you in (no inventory access you can no idea just what the hell he equipped me with, though I could console if it becomes necessary), he says you want to be a strong woman or something like that and should be able to stuggle your way out, , normally you can access your inventory then choose to try to remove the item, then choose which option you want to try to escape with, just not sure how to get the option to try to stuggle free when you can not access your inventory, is there a hot key assigned to it or something.

I also ran into this problem the first time I completed the Jack the Belter quest... I could not access my PipBoy or inventory, as I was locked into a full-body restraint. Couldn't figure a way out of it...

My workaround was to reload from a slightly earlier save and complete it again -- it seems that he puts you into a random restraint; I got a plug (yay!) the second time, so that was fine.

7 hours ago, Aagje said:

I also ran into this problem the first time I completed the Jack the Belter quest... I could not access my PipBoy or inventory, as I was locked into a full-body restraint. Couldn't figure a way out of it...

My workaround was to reload from a slightly earlier save and complete it again -- it seems that he puts you into a random restraint; I got a plug (yay!) the second time, so that was fine.

I tried that and reloaded save over 10 times and I am still put in fullbody hobble - like Varithinia I am unable to struggle or pick - stood still for over 48 hours and nothing, what do I do to struggle or pick if arms are bound?

I don't know if this is a conflict but I am also using Pip-Pad and an x360 controller

Hrm. I've tried starting a new game with 1.4, but every time I get to the point where I hit the chest to remove the leg hobbles (at the Vault 111 door), it says I surrender... and then hangs on the loading screen.

I've tried this multiple times, killing everything in the cavern. Not sure what's going on.

HI all. I'm bit stuck with the new Quest. After beeing bound and gag by Alice the quest marker point to bunker hill but nothing is there. Where I'm I suppose to go (I rea ona previous post that this happen to soemelse)?

Also I get the no floor bug in Alice hideout

Whenever I end up returned to Vault 111 after being defeated, I end up in trouble. The elevator out of the Vault is closed off due to being left in the raised position the last time I left the Vault, and there aren't any controls to lower it again. Given that Sanctuary is right next door, my instinct would be to just remove 111 as a defeat respawn location altogether.

17 minutes ago, Titania said:

Whenever I end up returned to Vault 111 after being defeated, I end up in trouble. The elevator out of the Vault is closed off due to being left in the raised position the last time I left the Vault, and there aren't any controls to lower it again. Given that Sanctuary is right next door, my instinct would be to just remove 111 as a defeat respawn location altogether.

Oops. Didn't think of that. :D

16 hours ago, Aagje said:

Hrm. I've tried starting a new game with 1.4, but every time I get to the point where I hit the chest to remove the leg hobbles (at the Vault 111 door), it says I surrender... and then hangs on the loading screen.

I've tried this multiple times, killing everything in the cavern. Not sure what's going on.

I also get this problem minus the loading screen part, instead I get locked in more devices.