WickedWhims v179a [2024-04-01]

1 hour ago, twist8101 said:

That is basically what I did.  When I install a game and plan to mod it, I copy the folders that are to be changed and zip them (in TS4 I zipped the Documents/EA. The Sims 4 folder).  When I unmodded sims, I zipped the TS4 folder and replaced it, so it would be like a fresh install.  The only stuff I didn't change was the install folder (E:/TS4/The Sims 4, where the exe is located).

It's not a game killer for me to not have WW.  I maybe fire up TS4 once every couple months.  It just bothers me that this mod that has worked 95% of the time (there's been a few bad updates that quickly got fixed) the last like 5 years now does not work for me at all.

It would be interesting to understand why the mod is not working though. There must be an explanation hidden somewhere.?

4 hours ago, carnation77 said:

It would be interesting to understand why the mod is not working though. There must be an explanation hidden somewhere.?

Found it.  It was WW, in a way.  I redownloaded in a bid to start completely over.  I was going to fully remove the game and reinstall as I thought maybe a corrupt game update was giving me issues.  When I redownloaded WW I went to where my files download to delete the old WW and noticed the difference in file size between the 158g I had and the 158g I just got (one was 45.3Kb, the other 45.6Kb).  Installed the new one (bigger one), no problems.  Reinstalled all my previous mods and saves, no problems. 

Somehow, I got an incomplete file that was still able to decompress and looked normal.

42 minutes ago, thaclone said:

to update what?
there is no new Version of WW and the Patch for TS4 was never an issue with WW

the only thing you need to do, is to update your CC skin tones (most likely)

And how do we know where are those CC skin tones, if we haven't downloaded them explicitly? I mean, I haven't searched or downloaded skin tones, but maybe I downloaded animations or something that has them, because it was required or whatever...

edit.: I renamed every file extension in "Mod" folder to .off and .offscript (to differentiate .package and .ts4script) and game keeps disabling mods. And everything works fine with "Tray" folder.

5 hours ago, TerraMadX said:

And how do we know where are those CC skin tones, if we haven't downloaded them explicitly? I mean, I haven't searched or downloaded skin tones, but maybe I downloaded animations or something that has them, because it was required or whatever...

edit.: I renamed every file extension in "Mod" folder to .off and .offscript (to differentiate .package and .ts4script) and game keeps disabling mods. And everything works fine with "Tray" folder.

Animations do not require CC skin tones. I don't understand why you changed the files extension...

To solve the disabling mods issue, delete the files "Options" and "Config" in the "The Sims 4 folder". Once you load the game you will need to set up the game settings again (windowed screen, mods, etc), but otherwise you should be good to go.

6 hours ago, TerraMadX said:

first of all, if you downloaded other stuff, it's your thing, not WWs - so you need to update everything you downloaded... how should WW know, what skin tones you have and why should WW update them?

if you download a lot of stuff and you lose track of it, that's, again, your problem :)
I have 3,5GB (which is not even much) in CCs and Mods and I know where to finf what kind of CC and if I have to update them and where to find :) 

15 hours ago, twist8101 said:

Found it.  It was WW, in a way.  I redownloaded in a bid to start completely over.  I was going to fully remove the game and reinstall as I thought maybe a corrupt game update was giving me issues.  When I redownloaded WW I went to where my files download to delete the old WW and noticed the difference in file size between the 158g I had and the 158g I just got (one was 45.3Kb, the other 45.6Kb).  Installed the new one (bigger one), no problems.  Reinstalled all my previous mods and saves, no problems. 

Somehow, I got an incomplete file that was still able to decompress and looked normal.

Yes it can happen...well done for spotting it....

So I found a mod that's supposed to work with Wicked Whims but I don't know how to use it. I downloaded the mod from here: https://www.patreon.com/posts/sweet-pack-ii-18-38159475 and the creator says that I need to enable something called ITS in Wicked Whims. The problem is that I've seen nothing called ITS in the Wicked Whims settings, nor has google yielded any results. Does anyone know what ITS even is?

1 hour ago, Shinra33459 said:

So I found a mod that's supposed to work with Wicked Whims but I don't know how to use it. I downloaded the mod from here: https://www.patreon.com/posts/sweet-pack-ii-18-38159475 and the creator says that I need to enable something called ITS in Wicked Whims. The problem is that I've seen nothing called ITS in the Wicked Whims settings, nor has google yielded any results. Does anyone know what ITS even is?

Why not just ask the mod creator?

51 minutes ago, Vanecessary said:

I just didn't want to update and break the mod.

You're doing it backwards. You're supposed to watch for mod updates and make sure you have all you need collected and ready to install *before* you update the game. That's why I'll go a week or more after a patch before pulling the trigger on it. I'd rather play than sit on my ass waiting for one mod maker or another to get off theirs to fix something. Lack of access to the gallery during that time isn't a big deal to me.

12 hours ago, Alexassss said:

Buenas tardes. Creo que encontré un problema con el mod, que al ponerlo en la carpeta e intentar abrir el juego no me da y cuando lo quitó si se abre. Eso pasa desde la actualización de octubre, se podría solucionar esto? Por favor. 

No entiendo a qué te refieres con que el juego no se abrirá en absoluto o la carga es interminable (el traductor de Google usa el inglés es el idioma nativo)

On 10/10/2020 at 5:06 PM, Loucifer13 said:

update basemenal drugs and nisa wihed perversions and any other mod you have if it has a script file it broke with the update

yeah it was basmenal but i updated now but my animations are still resetting sometimes.

Hola a todos, me gustaría saber si alguien más le esta dando problemas la nueva actualización del juego, ayer sacaron una nueva actualización y he intentado entrar y no me dejaba, cuando saque todos los mods me di cuenta de que el Wicked Whims era el que no me dejaba entrar al juego. 

Y me gustaría saber si a alguien más le pasa. 

Gracias.