View File

SexLab Animation Tag Editor

(SLATE)

What is it?

SLATE is a tool for SexLab power users and tag fanatics. Originally it was part of my mod SLEN, but I got some requests to release it as a stand-alone tool for those who don't use SLA and therefor cannot install SLEN.

SLATE allows you to load a set of SexLab animations in the MCM menu, select a number or all of them, and then add or remove tags to those animations. This can be used for various things like opening up animations for different gender groups, adding missing Oral/Vaginal/Anal tags to animations, making Doggy/Doggie/DoggyStyle tags uniform, etc. The possibilities are endless.

For a practical usage example, check this post, but please don't post any replies regarding SLATE there, use the SLATE support thread instead.

Recording functionality

• When turned on, all actions performed on animations (adding tags, removing tags, disabling) will be recorded in an action log. Note that recording will automatically turn off when you exit the MCM menu.
  • You can re-apply all these actions manually from the Settings tab of the MCM menu.
  • You can also choose to have them re-applied automatically after a SexLab Animation Registry reset.
  • The action log file is stored here: Skyrim\Data\SKSE\Plugins\SLATE\SLATE_ActionLog.json. The format is very simple and the file can be edited manually if you so desire. Example actions are included in the "SLATE_ActionLog - Example.json" file that comes with the installation.
  • If an action is found in your action log that involves an animation that cannot be found on your system (because it is uninstalled for example) it will be skipped, so this is not a problem.
  • If an unknown action is found in your action log it will be skipped and you will receive a message about it after manually applying your action log. This should only be possible if you edited the file manually and made a typo.
  • The action log can be applied repeatedly without problems. If an animation already has a tag that is being added, it will be skipped, and if you try to remove a tag from an animation which doesn't have that tag, it will be skipped. So if you're in doubt whether the action log was already re-applied, just apply it again, it only takes a second or two.

Sharing action logs

• Action logs can be shared with others!
  • If you have recorded a number of actions and want to share them with someone, simply send them a copy of your action log file. You can remove any actions that you do not want to share from the file with a regular text editor.
  • It's best if you rename the file before you share it so others don't overwrite their own action log by accident. Give your file any descriptive name you want, but make sure the extension is always ".json".
  • The receiver can put the received file into their Skyrim\Data\SKSE\Plugins\SLATE\ folder, after which they can import the actions stored in that file into their own action log from the SLATE MCM menu.

Translators welcome, contact me by PM if interested.

Custom Animation Sets and other files

• A number of standard Animation Sets are defined, but if that is not enough you can switch to a custom animation set file, a simple json file in which you can define your own animation sets. The file and explaining text file can be found in the Skyrim/Data/SKSE/Plugins/SLATE/ folder. Read the "SLATE Custom Animation Sets.txt" file in that folder before you start editing anything. You can define your own animation sets in the "SLATE_Custom_AnimSets.json" file. This file contains additional helpful comments.
  • If you really know what you're doing, you can also edit the other 2 files in that folder, but this will void all warranty so don't come complaining here if you destroy things ;) In case of emergency just re-install the json files from the download. "SLATE_Standard_Tags.json" contains the standard tags that can be added/removed, and "SLATE_Standard_AnimSets.json" contains all the standard animation sets.

Requirements

• Up to date Skyrim.
  • SexLab 1.62 and its requirements (might work with older, but untested and unsupported).
  • SkyUI 5.1 and its requirements (might work with older, but untested and unsupported).

Installation

• Use a mod manager, or just unpack the archive to your Skyrim folder.
  • Slate only contains an MCM menu. As such it is entirely unimportant where you put it in your load order and has no effect on the performance of your gameplay.

Upgrading

• If you have edited your custom animation set file, make a copy of it first!
  • Overwrite the older version. You can choose not to overwrite the custom animation set file if you have edited it.
  • If you chose to overwrite everything, you can recover your custom animation set file from the copy you made.

Uninstalling

• If you used a mod manager, just uninstall as usual.
  • If you did a manual installation, delete the SLATE.esp and SLATE.bsa files from the Data folder, and delete the SLATE folder from Data/SKSE/Plugins/.

Translations

• Many thanks to CGi for the German translation.
  • Many thanks to parruyo for the Spanish translation.

Credits

• SexLab
  • PapyrusUtil
  • JsonUtil
  • SkyUI
  • SKSE

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    07/25/2016
  • Category
  • Requires
    SexLab, SkyUI
  • Special Edition Compatible

Future plans:

• Include creature anims
  • Tweak standard animation sets - Ever ongoing.
  • Add file selection boxes for AnimSet files. - Done. Next version will support multiple custom animation set files, which can be shared.
  • Add backup option for Action log.

No planned release dates.

Beamer - lol .... thank you very much for this mod.... very handy

P.S. - the title of the mod made me giggled ... (SLATE) ... it automatically reminded me on B production action movies where main character is called: SLATER ... ;)

If this works as expected i shout a loud Hurray !

Edit : hmm, no hurray yet. one animation group to load missing : solo / matsurbate

i added solo and masturbate to Kom Machine, but it does not appear on SexlabTool List when starting masturbate.

Some other tests i made worked very well.

If this works as expected i shout a loud Hurray !

Edit : hmm, no hurray yet. one animation group to load missing : solo / matsurbate

i added solo and masturbate to Kom Machine, but it does not appear on SexlabTool List when starting masturbate.

Some other tests i made worked very well.

Please read ALL the instructions before posting. Thank you.  :rolleyes:

v20160726 is ready for download:

• Increased the maximum number of anim sets that can be defined in the custom animation set file from 21 to 128.
  • Added a function to disable (toggle off) the selected animations, rather than adding or removing a tag.
  • Tweaked the standard animation sets:
    - 2-actor furniture animations are now in a separate set and excluded from the other 2-actor sets.
    - split the 2-actor vaginal set into a vaginal aggressive and vaginal non-aggressive set.
    - added a set for solo animations.
  • Added a bunch more anim sets to the example custom anim set file, including all standard animation sets.

If you have edited your custom animation set file, remember to choose not to overwrite it, or to make a copy of it for safe keeping before you overwrite it.

great tool, is there an option or way to "deselect all" or vice versa in situations where only a few animations needs to be tagged? maybe I'm doing it wrong but right now in order for me to get to the animation I want to tag, I pretty much search for it using some other pre-defined tags, scroll through the list then once I find it I deselect the other stuff that gets returned with the searched tag, tag my animation, and if I have to add another tag, I do the whole thing again.

great tool, is there an option or way to "deselect all" or vice versa in situations where only a few animations needs to be tagged? maybe I'm doing it wrong but right now in order for me to get to the animation I want to tag, I pretty much search for it using some other pre-defined tags, scroll through the list then once I find it I deselect the other stuff that gets returned with the searched tag, tag my animation, and if I have to add another tag, I do the whole thing again.

The screen real estate is rather limited. An MCM menu can only display 2 columns of 64 lines, so 128 lines in total. With the current labels and options there are, this leaves 116 lines to list animations, which is already less than the maximum number of 125 animations that SexLab can return on a search. The more buttons and options I add to the page, the less space there will be left for listing animations, so I cannot add too much to that page. Having said that, I think I can manage to squeeze in a "Invert selection" button without losing any space for animations, so it will be in the next version.

Next version will also have a trace log functionality. This will record all actions you do and allow you to re-play those actions (manually or automatically) after a SexLab animation registry reset, or on a different savegame. That should save you all a lot of clicking as you can simply do your tweaks once while recording is turned on, and then re-play all those actions on your other savegames or after a reset of SexLab.

that sounds really sweet esp the recording function. I don't reset the registry often but I know I always hated having to redo all my SL Tools custom animation sets every time it's reset because some of the animations are changed (but the stages for each animation remain the same). My guess is SL Tools uses some number identifier for the animations or something and when a registry reset happens, those identifiers are reassigned to the animations while the SL Tool sequence still refers to the animations by those identifiers, thus pulling in different anims but with same stage settings. 

that sounds really sweet esp the recording function. I don't reset the registry often but I know I always hated having to redo all my SL Tools custom animation sets every time it's reset because some of the animations are changed (but the stages for each animation remain the same). My guess is SL Tools uses some number identifier for the animations or something and when a registry reset happens, those identifiers are reassigned to the animations while the SL Tool sequence still refers to the animations by those identifiers, thus pulling in different anims but with same stage settings. 

I don't know how SLTools works, but the action log for SLATE will identify animations by their full name so I don't foresee any problems with it. I'll release it later today, I haven't been able to break it after extensive testing so it's time to let everyone else have a stab at it :)

This is awesome! Thank you for this. I downloaded it so I could add the "necro" tag to some animations that didn't have them...but there is no "necro" tag in the list unless I missed it. If thats the case I apologize :blush:

The tag list currently only contains the tags that are found in the animations that come with the SexLab 1.62 installation, but I will add additional tags as I come across them. The maximum number that can be shown in an MCM menu is 128 and 6 of those are reserved for gender tags, so I have to be a little selective, but I've added some of the tags frequently used in your animations to the standard list.

Tags added in the 20160801 version that I'm going to upload in a minute: Necro, Sleeping, Rape, Vampire, Feeding, FemDom.

You can also easily add tags you need yourself. Just browse to the Skyrim/Data/SKSE/Plugins/SLATE/ folder and open the "SLATE_Standard_Tags.json" file in Notepad or any other text editor, and add the tags there. Then re-open the MCM menu and they should be available. Note that this file will be overwritten when you upgrade though so make a backup if you edit it yourself. And of course report missing tags here so I can add them to the list for future versions.

Also note that when you make a custom animation set, you have the option to define the tags that can be added/removed yourself. Read the "SLATE Custom Animation Sets.txt" file and comments in the "SLATE_Custom_AnimSets.json" file in the Skyrim/Data/SKSE/Plugins/SLATE/ folder to see how that works.

v20160801 is available for download!

Change log:

• Added the option to record all your actions to an action log file and (optionally automatically) playback the recorded actions after a SL Animation Registry reset.
  • Added the possibility to import actions from other action log files into your own action log.
  • Added an "Invert selection" button to the animation selection list.
  • Open file handles will be released sooner. You can now edit any of the json files while the game is active, and your changes will be visible as soon as you (completely) close and re-open the MCM menu.
  • Added a bunch of additional Animation Sets to the example custom animation set file.
  • Added a few common tags to the standard tags file.

Note that the German translation of the file import options were provided by me with a little help from google. If there are any glaring mistakes, CGi will fix them for next version. The rest of the German translations were done by CGi, for which my thanks!

Description page has been updated, please read the added information about recording and sharing action logs.

This is awesome! Thank you for this. I downloaded it so I could add the "necro" tag to some animations that didn't have them...but there is no "necro" tag in the list unless I missed it. If thats the case I apologize :blush:

The tag list currently only contains the tags that are found in the animations that come with the SexLab 1.62 installation, but I will add additional tags as I come across them. The maximum number that can be shown in an MCM menu is 128 and 6 of those are reserved for gender tags, so I have to be a little selective, but I've added some of the tags frequently used in your animations to the standard list.

Tags added in the 20160801 version that I'm going to upload in a minute: Necro, Sleeping, Rape, Vampire, Feeding, FemDom.

You can also easily add tags you need yourself. Just browse to the Skyrim/Data/SKSE/Plugins/SLATE/ folder and open the "SLATE_Standard_Tags.json" file in Notepad or any other text editor, and add the tags there. Then re-open the MCM menu and they should be available. Note that this file will be overwritten when you upgrade though so make a backup if you edit it yourself. And of course report missing tags here so I can add them to the list for future versions.

Also note that when you make a custom animation set, you have the option to define the tags that can be added/removed yourself. Read the "SLATE Custom Animation Sets.txt" file and comments in the "SLATE_Custom_AnimSets.json" file in the Skyrim/Data/SKSE/Plugins/SLATE/ folder to see how that works.

Oh I see what you mean. Thank you for this and the quick reply :blush: definitely an amazing and much desired mod Beamer :)

Oh I see what you mean. Thank you for this and the quick reply :blush: definitely an amazing and much desired mod Beamer :)

Thanks for the compliment :) As long as you and other animators keep making sexy animations, I'll keep making tools to use them! :D

Your tool is perfect now, but the main problem is still solved to the half.

with your tool we can change the tags of an animation, but we can not change the tag the mod is looking for.

i dont know if this is possible at all, some kind of catalysator, who changes the searched tag independent from what the mod originally is looking for.

i make an example. funnybizz made a lot of fantastic animations in which the pc is " unconscious". sleep, necro, dead, etc. perfect to use with skooma.

there is no mod where drinking skooma triggers sexanimations, but it is possible to use the mod random sex for this, which has an hotkey to start and end the activity of the mod.

there is also the possibility to decide between aggressive and non-agressive in the mcm of that mod.

unfortunately these unconsious animations are neither agreesive nor consensual. so goubos sexlab tool must be used each time to pick them up.

(and goubos tool must be used if they are chosen unwanted from another mod)  slate can make this search a bit easier by adding a tag to the unconsious animations that sexlab tool can find. but it cannot add that tag to the mod random sex itself, so random sex would look for unconsious animations instead of aggressive ones.

i hope you understand what i mean : changing the tag the mod is looking for   (without operatinmg each mod in the ck for this)

It would look like follow: first row  a list of the mods who look for animations,  second row the tag each mod looks for,  third row the new tag we want the mod to look for.

Your tool is perfect now, but the main problem is still solved to the half.

with your tool we can change the tags of an animation, but we can not change the tag the mod is looking for.

i dont know if this is possible at all, some kind of catalysator, who changes the searched tag independent from what the mod originally is looking for.

i make an example. funnybizz made a lot of fantastic animations in which the pc is " unconscious". sleep, necro, dead, etc. perfect to use with skooma.

there is no mod where drinking skooma triggers sexanimations, but it is possible to use the mod random sex for this, which has an hotkey to start and end the activity of the mod.

there is also the possibility to decide between aggressive and non-agressive in the mcm of that mod.

unfortunately these unconsious animations are neither agreesive nor consensual. so goubos sexlab tool must be used each time to pick them up.

(and goubos tool must be used if they are chosen unwanted from another mod)  slate can make this search a bit easier by adding a tag to the unconsious animations that sexlab tool can find. but it cannot add that tag to the mod random sex itself, so random sex would look for unconsious animations instead of aggressive ones.

i hope you understand what i mean : changing the tag the mod is looking for   (without operatinmg each mod in the ck for this)

It would look like follow: first row  a list of the mods who look for animations,  second row the tag each mod looks for,  third row the new tag we want the mod to look for.

I understand what you mean but that cannot be changed without changing the mod that performs the search (or by changing some of the core SexLab functions, but that would be a really bad idea).

Edit: btw, you said "but it cannot add that tag to the mod random sex itself". Believe me when I say that adding the tag to that mod is a LOT easier than writing an entirely new mod :) Of course you can also try to contact the mod developer and ask them to change the tags to something more optimal or configureable.