10 minutes ago, woodsman30 said:

Yeah trying the new Vortex system and it is nice but I am use to the old NMM and the over right system Vortex is lacking in some areas and a simple way of load order via plug in I miss as i could move a plug in with no problems with NMM but Vortex not so much.... Thank you for the reply will give it a shot.

If you use Vortex the best thing is to install PapyrusUtil and make a rule to it to always win against other mods.

5 hours ago, CPU said:

If you use Vortex the best thing is to install PapyrusUtil and make a rule to it to always win against other mods.

just did and your advice worked as always ...the editor works as it should thank you ..... Vortex is a learning curve for me but so far it been pretty easy to use and is 10 times faster than NMM.

Hello, i would like some help about the "look somewhere quiet" feature, i cant make it work in anyway, even if a select to always use beds (in all of the options to use beds) even mandatory, the scene always start right on the spot.
I've downloaded Sexlab private, hoping it would pop the message box to look for a private place, but, it doesnt work.

Maybe im doing something wrong?

How can i make the scent look for a private place, or even a bed?

44 minutes ago, Nirae said:

Hello, i would like some help about the "look somewhere quiet" feature, i cant make it work in anyway, even if a select to always use beds (in all of the options to use beds) even mandatory, the scene always start right on the spot.
I've downloaded Sexlab private, hoping it would pop the message box to look for a private place, but, it doesnt work.

Maybe im doing something wrong?

How can i make the scent look for a private place, or even a bed?

It will just check for a cell without NPCs.

Sadly it works in very few places (usually inside keeps that have cells dedicated for a single room.)

4 hours ago, Shnurui said:

How do you make it "always win"  Somhow Last In First Out isn't working.

Not a super expert of Vortex.

You should create a rule for the conflict, and let SexLab win the rule.

4 minutes ago, Sheluna said:

Okay... I've spent a whole hour to try to understand where the two rules I tried to create were saved, in order to know where to add some I downloaded for further testing.

And I must be blind or stupid, but I haven't found ANYTHING at all, nowhere.

In D:\Program Files (x86)\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\Data\skse\plugins\Scent of Sex, I've spotted a lot of json, like "scent of sex_Translation_XXX" with XXX for different languages, "Women for a male elf.json", but none of the two I created. I've put the new ones in here too... No change at all.

So or I'm not looking where I should, or there is something which prevents me to see any changes done on the game (yes, I'm staring at you, Vortex).

Please, could someone help the noob I am ? Where to find those json ? (a whole directory instead of only the three last folders would help...) How to add new ones ? Do I need a specific tool ? Does Vortex prevent me to do changes ? I'm frustrated since I really tried to look for some explanations. But even the wiki about the json, or papyrusutil, or jcontainer, there is nothing which helped me. -.-

I have no clues about SSE.

On Oldrim the files are saved in ...\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\Data\skse\plugins\Scent of Sex\

EDIT Ah, duh, I deleted the precedent message because I thought I found a clue (but no). Well... never mind, I'll edit this one.

I think I need some help because there is something which definitively doesn't work as it should...

I've tried to create two "rules". They aren't working, because I'm a noob. But they do exist, so they should be saved somewhere, right ?

I've looked in D:\Program Files (x86)\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\Data\skse\plugins\Scent of Sex and they aren't here. Yet, I see them when I'm playing.

Then, I've some json in this precedent folder. They aren't recognized at all by the game.

So. What do I miss ? Is there a specific tool to use ? Do Vortex messes with something ? Did I forget to install something (I recently discovered I forgot to install JContainers SE for example).

38 minutes ago, Sheluna said:

EDIT Ah, duh, I deleted the precedent message because I thought I found a clue (but no). Well... never mind, I'll edit this one.

I think I need some help because there is something which definitively doesn't work as it should...

I've tried to create two "rules". They aren't working, because I'm a noob. But they do exist, so they should be saved somewhere, right ?

I've looked in D:\Program Files (x86)\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\Data\skse\plugins\Scent of Sex and they aren't here. Yet, I see them when I'm playing.

Then, I've some json in this precedent folder. They aren't recognized at all by the game.

So. What do I miss ? Is there a specific tool to use ? Do Vortex messes with something ? Did I forget to install something (I recently discovered I forgot to install JContainers SE for example).

Looks like PapyrusUtil SSE does not save the json file. Many mods have the same probrlem.

On 1/17/2019 at 6:22 PM, CPU said:

It will just check for a cell without NPCs.

Sadly it works in very few places (usually inside keeps that have cells dedicated for a single room.)

I see, that's too bad, i hope someday that feature improves, it would be really useful.
Thanks for your reply.

33 minutes ago, Shnurui said:

scos and ssx h14 aren't loading the mcm menu.

i'm not sure what mod i'm using would force the mcm to not load.

First, try to install SSX after you install the other mod.

If it does not work, try to send me the papyrus.log, I will give a look.

(Please also describe what scos is, I am not familiar with this name.)

• 2 weeks later...

Would it be possible to add the option for followup rules to use the same actors as the rule that preceded it? Possibly with an option of rotating collaborators, or rather the positions that are not "passive". (Or is this a feature already that I'm unaware of?)

So if you had above rule with player and two males for example, the next rule would use the same males and "passive"(in this case the player) and would have the option for the two males to switch their positions in the array, meaning the previous source would now be a collaborator and a collaborator would be counted as source in terms of position in the.... position. 

I'm also curious about the possiblity of triggers based on active Effects. 

What I'm after is being able to tie SSX rules to different cycle states from beeing female as an example. It tracks the current state with a hidden activeEffect. So what I wished to do is create rules that only triggers during certain cycle states, or doesn't trigger. (Yes/No in trigger).

Of course, I realize having some done list with a ton of activeEffects and magical effects is extremely impractical and a silly idea, so my thought was that maybe having a button in the SSX MCM that allows you to scan actors currently in the array of scanned actors, the ones SSX already knows about, and make a list of the activeEffects from those. Of course that could probably in theory be done automatically on scan, but I'm guessing that would slow down the scans considerably, and would be an unnecessary slowdown for those that don't utilize such rules, which is why I thought a manual trigger for the effect scan would be more practical.  I don't know exactly how the skyrim mod coding works, so  I'm just trying to draw general parallels to how I image it would work in other languages. 

EDIT: 

I've been trying really hard to get the relationship rules to work again, but without success. 

Making a rule where both target and source have the "relationship with next/previous" wont work. Guessing this is caused by the scanner scanning for targets, but the target triggers are relationship with nexts, and there are no nexts yet and when going through sources since no actors were put in the array, there's nothing to have a relationship with. I'm guessing this isn't actually how the rule is meant to be used, but I wanted to try it anyway, so then I did a more reasonable test; 

I used a room where I had placed 3 different couples. 

I used generic and player(female) for the targets, and relationship with previous (Spouse ) for the sources. 

The arrays fill up with targets of course, and then the source array seems to fill up (I'm guessing it checks and sees that, hey, these guys do fulfil these requirements). 

But when the rule launches, all is thrown out the window. Since the arrays are already made, it'll mix and match between the different couples freely. 

I'm guessing  this is because after the actors have been placed in their source/target arrays, it's done and just picks two. So I guess what either would need to happen is to have a second check when creating the scene, picking a target and then looking for the source that fulfills the requirements. 

At least, that's what I'm hypothesizing from observation and experimentation. I'm not ruling out user error here, but I've tried too be as thorough as possible, trying different combinations, even going so far as to create a rule that includes a nonparticipant and trying to match up  a source and collaborator. But all the testing comes back to the results I've mentioned above. 

Arrays do get filled. But the actual scene doesn't match with relationship. 

If the rule only includes the player, it seems to work however, since then it's only one possible target. 

If the rule only includes one specific target, it works as well, since it's only one possible target. 

I know that means I could technically write a rule for each specific target I would want for the animations, though that would quickly fill up. So I guess a request there is if there can be an additional check to allow for one rule to take care of relationship stuff.

My own suggestion would be to select a target once the scanners have gone through, and then do the relationship check against the sources in the array.

I've edited a rule "Follower Needs" and it doesn't seem to start.

Exported Rules.json

(updated log in the post below)

Is there a working log viewer for LE and the current java/win10 version? PapyrusLogViewer and Log Parser stopped working.

My character is called Lydia btw. The follower should approach and ask for sex. Right now it's night time, my character is naked, the follower got 100 arousal. And it found over 100 possible animations.

On 1/24/2019 at 8:17 AM, CPU said:

First, try to install SSX after you install the other mod.

If it does not work, try to send me the papyrus.log, I will give a look.

(Please also describe what scos is, I am not familiar with this name.)

its the abbreviation for the filename that is not an SSX file.  You go great through G, then wham, different name, then SSX H patch.
After I patch the SSX H with the funny name?
Where would the file be that you want to look at?

38 minutes ago, Shnurui said:

Where would the file be that you want to look at?

First you have to enable the papyrus log.

After that, run the game, and you should find it in My Documents/My Games/Skyrim/Scripts/Log/Papyrus0.log

34 minutes ago, Shnurui said:

there's a mess of unable to link because notifications.

I did a clean save and a save clean, maybe itll come back?

Papyrus.0.log.txt

From your log I can see immediately that Scent of sex is not installed correctly.

Usually I recommend these steps:

1. Backup your savegame
  2. Uninstall SSX
  3. Get a save cleaner tool (for example this one)
  4. Open the savegame with the tool, put a filter in the scripts (far left) with "SSX" inside
  5. Delete all scripts that contain SSX.
  6. Search for all forms that contain SSX and delete all of them
  7. Remove SSX from the save
  8. Load the save, play a minute, re-save
  9. Then reinstall SSX

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I have a slight problem...   One of my followers, (Lydia), has all of a sudden stopped beeing picked up by any rules I have made. (I even made a rule just for her with no filters and still she is ignored).

I have tried all the debug options for actors.  Also resetAI and recycleactor… doesnt seem to work...

What would make this mod ignore a npc ? ...is she stuck in some kind of "busy" state?

3 hours ago, spyke123 said:

I have a slight problem...   One of my followers, (Lydia), has all of a sudden stopped beeing picked up by any rules I have made. (I even made a rule just for her with no filters and still she is ignored).

I have tried all the debug options for actors.  Also resetAI and recycleactor… doesnt seem to work...

What would make this mod ignore a npc ? ...is she stuck in some kind of "busy" state?

No clues.

The best is to activate all debug options and try the mod for a while.

Then send the papyrus.log

love the idea of this. Thanks for you hard work!

Just experimenting with this so far beginning a new play through.

Any way to add a relationship filter to sources?

Allow if 2 or more filters are true like relationship >=4 and arousal >=85?

also filters to collaborators with similar conditions?

thanks in advance.