Okay. I have disabled animations until all SLAL packs were disabled leaving only vanilla anim.s and mod added anim.s ( 191 human and 160 something creature anim.s) restarted sexlab and scent, deleted all saves (4) and started the whole mess over. Left SLAL packs alone during set up ( enabled no anim.s in Sexlab animation loader.). Sex lab reports like 191 human and 160 something for creatures. Save, exit. Enable Scent and patch, load save, wait for MCM menu notification, check animation tab, almost a full minute to load, shows human only. Set drop down to creatures, Black screen except "No anims". (sigh). Thoughts?

1) Double-check animations are active and working, easiest way is to initiate scene with creature using something like sexlab matchmaker

2) Animations on SSX list show up only if they are used by rule - in other words make sure you have active (not disabled) rule that uses creatures

3) on 'races' tab check and make sure that creature races are enabled (select creature list, 'enable all' if needed)

4) doublecheck that main->sexuality has allowed combinations that the rule wants to use (f.ex. male/female humans <-> male/female creatures, allowed both ways)

That's.. all that comes to mind.  There's the stuff about allowing creatures in sexlab, registering animations and such, but all of that should be fine and working if matchmaker manages to start a scene with creature outside SSX.. so can't think of anything else right now.

Part 2) means you can basically ignore the 'animations' tab for this issue, and simply make a simple rule: target player, source generic/creature, no other conditions... then click 'count animations' on that rule - and you should see a number other than zero.

attachicon.gifcrule.jpg

If that works, then rules tab should also show animations. If no rule shows number of valid animations, then no animations will appear on animations tab either.  If simple rule like that shows zero valid animations... check the animation setup for the rule - try without gender tags, try setting player to work as 'both male and female'.

Oh. more good info. Animations that are not attached/needed for a rule do not appear on the animations page...uhhh. Will attempt my rule again. Thank you. You are almost on my Christmas card list...THANKS AGAIN!

EDIT: Nice. I enabled the creature rule from my earlier attempt and checked animations, 122. Looks good. Also the animations tab shows creature animations. Now I begin to add animations bit by bit and see what happens and when. Great support, Thanks again. Going quiet again.

Quiet UPDATE: Rule works, tested several rules involving NPC's and one involving creatures. All tests went well. Had one CTD on first run. Had a SKSE file in Mod Organizer overwrite, dealt with it. Restarted, resumed testing, success, enabled select SLAL animation packs, tested, enabled, tested... looks okay. Thanks again.

Excellent! :heart:

Simple question: Is it possible to define a rule that does not involve striping?

Kissing animations make more sense clothed (usually).

Having lots of fun with this mod... And Ambriel is a lot more attentive now.

Yes, I believe this came up a few posts earlier.  In short, there's clothings rules you can set on rule (I think they were per participant - e.g. source / target), where you can define what will be worn before/after the scene, and there's option that specifies if actor will be stripped before scene.. and if they are left naked after scene.  I think I wrote more detailed instructions on this a couple pages back on this thread.

-- edit --

Here: http://www.loverslab.com/topic/64169-scent-of-sex/?p=1914224

Suddenly Bandits are friendly. And I am having trouble with the rules involving combat, the first issue occurred when testing rules regarding PC in combat with stamina >=33%. Suddenly Bandits alert, draw weapons, put them away and want to hold hands...wth? Just an f.y.i. I am going to go look at some +/-'s in Mod Organizer, I think I am ready to lose another couple of mods, maybe some animations...(GASP)...Start anew. only on save 4. If somethings pops into mind regarding friendly bandits and draugr. There was some stuff with Paradise halls redone with an older version than I am running...Ich bin gut. I should be able to smooth it out. Skyrim is so touchy and I am making it do bad things... :P

Suddenly Bandits are friendly. And I am having trouble with the rules involving combat, the first issue occurred when testing rules regarding PC in combat with stamina >=33%. Suddenly Bandits alert, draw weapons, put them away and want to hold hands...wth? Just an f.y.i. I am going to go look at some +/-'s in Mod Organizer, I think I am ready to lose another couple of mods, maybe some animations...(GASP)...Start anew. only on save 4. If somethings pops into mind regarding friendly bandits and draugr. There was some stuff with Paradise halls redone with an older version than I am running...Ich bin gut. I should be able to smooth it out. Skyrim is so touchy and I am making it do bad things... :P

There used to be a problem with SSX that sometimes caused some NPCs to become permanently 'pacified'.  I thought I had weeded it out some versions ago, but it's not impossible that in some situations it would still happen.  If everything works as it should, then stopping SSX should now restore aggression to all NPCs.  For returning aggression to individual NPCs (if something did fail), there's some instructions on download description post.

While the mod is running, you can check the situation from MCM at actors editor tab.  If you look at 'factions' of some npc, there should be faction called 'aggression stored' or something like that - it's used by SSX to track the original aggression of NPC (so it can be restored when pacifying effect ends).  In general it should be '1' for NPCs that are normally supposed to attack you (sometimes can be 2), and '0' for NPCs that normally should not attack you.  If there's a bunch of bandits that have stored aggression '0' then something is probably wrong.  However this can sometimes be a bit tricky, since at times the NPC is supposed to have a chat with you first (aggression 0) and then depending on how the talk goes, they can aggro at you.  SSX tries to track the current aggression of NPC, and detect if game has shifted it from 0 to 1 (happens f.ex. with some draugr in dungeons that are first 0 but switch to 1 when some event happens), but sometimes that may not be enough.

Thank you Reikiri. Sorry I missed that post... Fully answers my question.

No trouble, there's over 1000 posts on the thread, I don't assume everyone who pokes in has read all of it. :P

I have never really been able to get the "rape on denial" slider to work properly. If I set it to always then it works, but all the other options seem to be the same as never...

Is it broken?  ...or is it dependant on aggression setting, or am I missing something else ?

Also a small request for a future version :)   ...ability to add or remove bounty after a scene. ( for example, a guard approach you for sex, you refuse, and the (corrupt) guard will slap a small bounty on you for refusing. Or another, have sex in public and a guard sees it, ( rule source - faction guard, someone sees sex, target - player, add bounty.)... 

I have never really been able to get the "rape on denial" slider to work properly. If I set it to always then it works, but all the other options seem to be the same as never...

Is it broken?  ...or is it dependant on aggression setting, or am I missing something else ?

Also a small request for a future version :)   ...ability to add or remove bounty after a scene. ( for example, a guard approach you for sex, you refuse, and the (corrupt) guard will slap a small bounty on you for refusing. Or another, have sex in public and a guard sees it, ( rule source - faction guard, someone sees sex, target - player, add bounty.)... 

About rape on denial, I remember back in.. 1.2 or 1.3 I think, it wasn't working at all.. I spent some time building a hack around the code to try and get it running - got most of it done but then found another piece of code that was missing.. and if I remember right, CPU picked up from that and finished something that made it work.  But that particular feature was always a bit of a patchwork, and I only ever used the "always" option, don't think I ever tried the others.  So probably it's broken... I can take another look at it later (will be a few days), or maybe CPU will get to it first.  But I think SSX is getting to point where there will be a bit more major rewrite of code, and hopefully in that process this will be integrated in a more solid way.

The bounty idea does sound interesting, could work as part of something that I'd been talking about with CPU earlier - but that too would probably need to wait for the bigger rewrite.

I really appreciate what you and Cpu have done with this mod. It is the greatest thing since sliced bread.

I have to tell you I avoided it for years because of the name.

Yes, sex has an odor - but not one I want to deal with...  Sounded like one of the flatulence mods.

I was really fairly amazed when I found that the mod had nothing to do with the scent of sex, and regret ignoring it for so long.

Excuse me, CPU and/or the wonderful reikiri Hand up here. Uhhh, an opinion is needed. In testing do you usually disable other rules when testing out a new rule?

"If in doubt, yes".  I have about 10 rules for varying things, many have specific scopes (restricted to home map, player defeted by human, wearing specific item, etc) - and there's no real reason to disable those since I know they are not going to trigger.  On the other hand if I'm testing a rule that has an alternative that might trigger, then I'll disable the one(s) that might.  So - whatever makes sense for the situation.  Sometimes it's important to leave some other rules on because I want to see that I set the priority settings right.

On the other hand, the more rules you have active, the more time it takes for the mod to check through them - so disabling all unnecessary rules can make testing faster, especially when testing in a cell with several dozen actors.  So it depends.

I've been trying to set up a rule where the PC can ask a creature for sex after reaching a certain level of arousal.

The problem is that the "Player asks for sex"  starting condition isn't working for me. I set up the interactions page and I've set my PC as the target and source being any other NPC and vice versa but there's no dialogue option.

Any ideas what I could be doing wrong?

I've been trying to set up a rule where the PC can ask a creature for sex after reaching a certain level of arousal.

The problem is that the "Player asks for sex"  starting condition isn't working for me. I set up the interactions page and I've set my PC as the target and source being any other NPC and vice versa but there's no dialogue option.

It is just not possible.

By default you cannot speak with creatures, so all rules involving creatures cannot have dialogues.

There is no plan to change this (at least for the next version.)

It is just not possible.

By default you cannot speak with creatures, so all rules involving creatures cannot have dialogues.

There is no plan to change this (at least for the next version.)

Whoops I forgot to mention that I tried setting the rule for humans (both m and f), also to no avail. "Player asks for sex" just doesn't work for me.

But I'm sad there's absolutely no way to implement this with creatures :-/

Funny enough you can set it to where creatures such as dogs and horses can run up to you or any other NPC and have them ask for sex. There's no voice of course but the subtitles still show up.

Messages are possible, so they are used.

But there is no way 9without altering something important) to make the player able to speak with a creature (except dogs.)

In case a creature will "ask" you see a message box.

I can't make a rule that will apply to any male Argonian in Riften, Keerava seems okay and the rules work at the Windhelm Docks.

I'm using SSX 1.4g10. Is this known limitation or a problem on my end? (I saved a script log if needed).

BTW: Mod is working great and keeps getting better, thank you for the many  hours of hard work.

I can't make a rule that will apply to any male Argonian in Riften, Keerava seems okay and the rules work at the Windhelm Docks.

I'm using SSX 1.4g10. Is this known limitation or a problem on my end? (I saved a script log if needed).

BTW: Mod is working great and keeps getting better, thank you for the many  hours of hard work.

Check how did you specify the cell.

"Riften" can be used as a cell (but I do not recommend it because many cities have more than one cell) or as Location.

Try to set it as Location (you can also try to open the MCM when you are in Riften and click on Add Current Location.)

Check how did you specify the cell.

"Riften" can be used as a cell (but I do not recommend it because many cities have more than one cell) or as Location.

Try to set it as Location (you can also try to open the MCM when you are in Riften and click on Add Current Location.)

Thanks, I try tonight after work

After some testing with no luck, I started a new game and found all rules and actors working as intended. I Started loading older saves and found the point at which the glitch occurred. It appears to have happened in Riften, when relationship levels were increased by SLEN (Is this possible or likely another cause). I would say about a quarter of the residents of Riften became unavailable for animations. The actors will show up in all the (SSX) menus, but they will never be called on for any animation. 

Since SSX is working so well for me now I'll probable update your Mod and start a new game, I'll let you know if this glitch occurs again.

Edit: Just noticed I never endorsed your mod, sorry about that, my error has been corrected.

After some testing with no luck, I started a new game and found all rules and actors working as intended. I Started loading older saves and found the point at which the glitch occurred. It appears to have happened in Riften, when relationship levels were increased by SLEN (Is this possible or likely another cause). I would say about a quarter of the residents of Riften became unavailable for animations. The actors will show up in all the (SSX) menus, but they will never be called on for any animation. 

Since SSX is working so well for me now I'll probable update your Mod and start a new game, I'll let you know if this glitch occurs again.

Edit: Just noticed I never endorsed your mod, sorry about that, my error has been corrected.

That's curious.  There aren't many things that would restrict actor from SSX scenes.  Stuck in sexlab animating faction, or stuck in SSX involved faction - but involved faction should be cleaned automatically by SSX.  Playing a named scene, but I can't imagine an actor stuck in named scene permanently.

There's two things you could try if you want to try salvaging that save.  First, easier - load the save, stop SSX and go to SSX MCM menu, debug page and use the option to clean actor cache - I don't remember the exact name of that option.  After that, restart SSX.

If that doesn't help you can try uninstalling SSX and doing cleansave, then reinstalling - you'd want to do that anyway if you upgrade to latest version (well, starting a new playthrough is ultimate cleansave of course).

That's curious.  There aren't many things that would restrict actor from SSX scenes.  Stuck in sexlab animating faction, or stuck in SSX involved faction - but involved faction should be cleaned automatically by SSX.  Playing a named scene, but I can't imagine an actor stuck in named scene permanently.

There's two things you could try if you want to try salvaging that save.  First, easier - load the save, stop SSX and go to SSX MCM menu, debug page and use the option to clean actor cache - I don't remember the exact name of that option.  After that, restart SSX.

If that doesn't help you can try uninstalling SSX and doing cleansave, then reinstalling - you'd want to do that anyway if you upgrade to latest version (well, starting a new playthrough is ultimate cleansave of course).

Thanks reikiri, I'm thinking the game is broken by something I've done. I did not install SSX until about 30 hours into the game. The problem shows up on all saves after the 17 hour save, so almost all of the saves I tried would have been clean saves for SSX. I didn't try other locations but I'm betting I would see the same thing everywhere I've been, and new place would probably work fine. I did try a clean save for SLEN but the problem may be baked into the save itself. Come to think of it, I didn't try cleaning Defeat.

This was probably caused by the fact that every woman in Whiterun, Riverwood, Windhelm and Riften were already made my lover by SLEN, before installing SSX. I intend to continue on that quest, so no salvaging is required.

I already updated and started a new game for SSX, all the rules and actors work perfect.

I seem to be encountering a bug where Scent of Sex always starts disabled when I load a new save, so I have to turn it on manually with the hotkey. Does anyone else have this issue or am I not understanding something about its functionality? Thanks

I seem to be encountering a bug where Scent of Sex always starts disabled when I load a new save, so I have to turn it on manually with the hotkey. Does anyone else have this issue or am I not understanding something about its functionality? Thanks

It was intentional.

Probably in the next version (1.5) there will be an option to enable or disable it.

It was intentional.

Probably in the next version (1.5) there will be an option to enable or disable it.

Ah okay, no worries. Its just that I keep forgetting to turn it on, wonder why there's no sex (at least none from Scent of Sex) and then remember.