Yeah, I remember it.

Was to check things (values for actors) only once for all the rules. Probably this was added in V1.2

In checkEffectiveActions for example..

if checkAR ; Arousal
        int mode = r.getPositionStartMode(ssxRule.getSMArousal(), pos)
        if (mode==1 && actorsAR[index]>=r.arousalLevel) || (mode==2 && actorsAR[index]<=r.arousalLevel)
            res=3 ; temporarly good
        elseIf mode!=0
            ssx.log("Actor is bad because arousal: " + a.getDisplayName() + " Level=" + actorsAR[index] + " pos=" + pos, ssxRunner.notifNotGoodActors())
            return 2
        endIf
    else

..and of course it's not just the arousal level.. basically all values stored in the arrays are the same.  I don't know if this is really the issue here, but if something changes all actors indexes between populating the arrays and checking the rules, it breaks.  If that's the problem then the possible solutions I can think are:

1) move all the arrays to runner, and maintain them along allActors

2) never move stuff in allActors, leave empty slots when deleting, and iterate through array (basically the alternate way of handling that array I mentioned before aggression moved from it's own array into faction).

Bug Report:

@Yuni: I added a small trace line into runner and checker to log a line when stuff moves in allActors array, and to spit out some values about arousal checks - if that's the cause of the problem it should show in the log if you replace the ssxRunner.pex and ssxRuleChecker.pex in your mod with this:

scripts.zip

It won't fix the problem, but can show where it is (or isn't).

Also, try running the 'force actors cleanup' from the debug area of SSX's MCM page - it should clear the actors cache in case it's just somehow messed up for some other reason.

Oh, and config file from F version shouldn't cause any troubles.  If your character is listed twice on actor editor... I don't know.. it's possible the actors cache is somehow messed up, but I'm just guessing there.. could be something else.

Having an NPC around that shares your name shouldn't cause any problems because player is caught with playerRef, and actors in general use unique IDs.  Name isn't a factor.  However if it spawns and respawns at random (for example if it's just spawned to say the line, and then unspawned.. or moved away somewhere), it may cause list iterations to find 'invalid actor' (dead, removed, moved too far etc), and cause them to clean that actor from actors cache, which in turn might change the indexes.  But again that's kind of a long shot, no idea if something like that is really happening here.

so is the issue with the mcm basicaly locking up stuck in scanning fixed yet. it normaly would happen hours after play. only way to fix was a clean save.

I don't think I've really come across this before - at least not in a way that I'd have to do cleansave.  There was a possibility of event locking up if regular scan was happening at the same time - which could deadlock the whole mod, but simply stopping and restarting SSX would fix that.. and that one I did fix.  Not sure if it's something else, maybe something specific to some of your rules.  If you use "periodic scanning" mode, I believe it should work I think.. though based on what Yuni posted earlier, there are some other issues still in.

MCM does have an issue that can make it dump out index error stacks, but I think that was related to issue in MCM itself.  I see it sometimes, not very often, but it hasn't locked the MCM, and generally hasn't cause any serious havoc.

i probaly phrased that wrong(been up cleaing up after dogs with diahreai so im tired). what happens exactly its it was working fine then i went to modfiy a rule and it was stuck at the 70% intializing. mod itself was working but u couldnt go into the mcm to change anything.

i probaly phrased that wrong(been up cleaing up after dogs with diahreai so im tired). what happens exactly its it was working fine then i went to modfiy a rule and it was stuck at the 70% intializing. mod itself was working but u couldnt go into the mcm to change anything.

Yes, the problem of MCM stuck at  70% is known.

I was never able to reproduce it, but tons of people reported it.

Probably there is a Debug.wait somewhere that should be replaced by a Debug.waitMenuMode

Yes, the problem of MCM stuck at  70% is known.

I was never able to reproduce it, but tons of people reported it.

Probably there is a Debug.wait somewhere that should be replaced by a Debug.waitMenuMode

Out of the files other than scene fragments and faction spells, there's 55 instances of Utility.wait() in 13 files.  I can do a global replace into Utility.WaitMenuMode() if it doesn't have any negative impact.

It will not, so go for a full search/replace.

Check on ssxPlayerLoadGame where the init is (should be in one of the Deferred stuff, but I don't remember which one) and check which one starts at 70%, the file that is initializing should have the wrong wait inside.

It will not, so go for a full search/replace.

Check on ssxPlayerLoadGame where the init is (should be in one of the Deferred stuff, but I don't remember which one) and check which one starts at 70%, the file that is initializing should have the wrong wait inside.

Player load had a couple 0.1 waits in doInit, followed by waitMenuMode, so that was my first suspect.  Deferred stuff didn't have any, but there's couple in MCM - onOptionMenuAccept and onOptionDefault.  If I had to handpick, those four would be the ones to go first.  But I'll just run it globally and call it a day.

-- edit --

..done and compiled.  I'll try to give a second look at what Yuni posted about (the arousal issue) before posting this version though.

@Reikiri: The reason my actor is listed twice is in the part I crossed out. Sexist and Derogatory Guards adds a second actor that has the player's name to simulate the player-character making comments at the person playing the game, such as "I'm cold! Please let me put on some clothes, I hate running naked through the snow!" etc. This is usually the other 'Yuni Hermit' in the array. I'm sorry, I guess I crossed out too much. Downloading/testing scripts now.

----- Detailed Testing Report Follows ----

This configuration file was used for testing purposes: Scent of Sex Config.json

Rule we are trying to trigger: "Master's Cat-cow"

-- Test 0: Forced Actor Cleanup. Forgot to install trace script.

-- Result 0: No change (obviously). (After-note: This is where I shut Scent of Sex down to reinstall the scripts while the game was not running. I probably needed to start and stop the mod again after hitting the 'force clean up' button).

-- Test 1: Installed trace script. Booted game back up. Ran rules again.

-- Result 1: Rule properly catches Abanjo this time, detects correct arousal, starts rule.

Reikiri: "It won't fix it, but" Actually it did so far. 0_0 ??? Further testing ensues.

-- Papyrus 1: Papyrus.0 Tested in Adventurer's Tent.log

-- Test 2: Moved outside of adventurer's tent. Get molested by Gunmar outside a bear cave. Pull Abanjo out of tent using Leader's Teleportation (Extensible Follower Framework). Use Sexlab Aroused Puppeteer to bump Abanjo's arousal to 40-something, so Cat-cow will trigger again, but the other rules won't. Note: The Adventurer's Tent is a mod that adds a separate worldspace/cell to summon an entrance to with a spell to simulate setting up camp. Test 1 and Test 2 take place in different cells.
-- Result 2: Once again, it seems to correctly return his arousal again.

-- Papyrus 2: Papyrus.0 Tested Outside Of Bear Cave.log

-Observations:

1) It appears to have gone back to normal. Either Skyrim has a mind of its own, or Abanjo's place in the array had merely become corrupted somehow, and the 'force actor cleanup' or whatever you called it, fixed him, but ONLY after shutting down Scent of Sex and starting it again.

2) Gunmar is a wee bit slow in the head. "You there! Be careful, there's a vicious bear on the loose." he says, when there is a massive bear corpse on the ground between us, that attacked us during the last time he tried to say this to me.

3) Either resetting Scent of Sex after forcing a clean up fixed the individual actors array, or something in that script you sent me fixed it.

3) Either resetting Scent of Sex after forcing a clean up fixed the individual actors array, or something in that script you sent me fixed it.

It's the former.  There was nothing changed in the scripts except adding some trace lines.  It does sound like somewhere along the way the actor cache got 'corrupted' in some way.  Maybe it got duplicates of some actors, and that confused the arousal management.  Maybe it's something else.  Either way if it works - that's good.  Since I'm putting up new version anyway in hopes of fixing the "70%-freeze", I made some changes to how actor cache works - hopefully it'll make things more stable.  I'll upload it to same previous post as g7.

g7 hopefully fixes this issue.  Give it a try and let me know if you still encounter the problem (I've never had it happen so it's kind of impossible for me to test it to make sure).

And with this, think I'm done rolling out changes, unless something major breaks...

SSX 1.4g8_test.7z

-- edit --  updated to g10 and moved to main download page -- /edit --

This is an experimental version of different rule checker, so I'm not putting it up as 'real version' just yet.  I tested it in my own game, and it seems to work.  However there's no way I can test every possible setting and scenario.  So: if anyone's interested in helping test it, feel free to pick it up and give it a try.

No cleansave is needed, just stop the scent before you save the game and swap versions.  It should work the same as g7, but if you have a lot of rules (like a dozen or so), or some complex rules with many conditions - this version might work faster, as it tries to avoid unnecessary checks for conditions that are not needed.

If you give it a try, let me know if it works better/worse, more/less reliable, slower/faster, or whatever changes you notice.

- after swapping the version, go to debug -> do "force actors cleanup", then stop the scent and restart it

- use alias scanner if possible

- use "periodic" rule checking (main -> edit timers and scenes -> checking mode: periodic), the 'as soon as possible' may not be reliable yet

Currently it has more papyrus log spam than the previous versions, to help track down any possible issues.  I'll probably wait at least a few days before putting this up to replace g7.  There's some ways I can probably optimize this version further, but I'll need to first see that the basics are working alright without any major issues.

If I come across any issues myself, I'll add a note to this post.

I was hoping to set up a rule for a nympho character who would automatically have sex with an NPC upon initiating dialog with them if they were of the opposite gender and my arousal was over 90%  However, I couldn't find any condition for triggering something to happen upon initiating dialog.  I want her to have some choice over who she has sex with, and at a time of her choosing, but once she decides to talk to them I want it to be automatic from that point since she'll be too horny to hold back any longer.  Is this something that could be added to a future release?

I think technically it's possible to do almost anything, and it's just a matter of how difficult it is.  In practice this seems rather specific - there's already an option to add a dialogue option that initiates sex scene, and some future version might have wider options for dialogue lines.  But to start a scene upon entering dialogue I think in practice you'd have to be forced out of dialogue first, which might be a bit jarring.

Being forced out of dialogue for sex, upon entering dialogue, shouldn't be jarring if Scent of Sex were to also offer an option to display text upon starting sex.  The player could customize it to say something like "You find %target irresistable" or "Your sexual urges compel you to behave seductively."

Being forced out of dialogue for sex, upon entering dialogue, shouldn't be jarring if Scent of Sex were to also offer an option to display text upon starting sex.  The player could customize it to say something like "You find %npc_name irresistable" or "Your sexual urges compel you to behave seductively".

Customizing a dialogue line via script is not possible.

I tried an SKSE plugin for it, and the results were encouraging.

But then I have to stop for a while, and I did not yet restart modding.

Can I request a quick clarification of one of the rules?

The tooltip (and PDF) description for "Edit the Negative Faction," says 'define a set of faction that will exclude actors being in the selected factions.' The wording implies that it will stop actors from being/becoming a member of selected factions (which doesn't seem to make sense to me in the context of the mod.)  Is it supposed to mean exclude actors that are in the selected factions (from being the source/participant in the rule)?

For example, lets say I want to set up a general rule whereby my PC (target) can be approached for sex by any human females (source) if their arousal is over 75 but want to exclude grandmas. So I set the rule as normal, then go to edit Negative Faction, enable and select, say,  SSX Group 2 - then put all the grandma's (Fralia Gray-Mane, Olava the Feeble etc.) that I run across into SSX Group 2. This will stop grandmas from approaching me.  Am I correct to assume that this is what "Edit Negative Faction" does?

Cheers

Cheers

Can I request a quick clarification of one of the rules?

The tooltip (and PDF) description for "Edit the Negative Faction," says 'define a set of faction that will exclude actors being in the selected factions.' The wording implies that it will stop actors from being/becoming a member of selected factions (which doesn't seem to make sense to me in the context of the mod.)  Is it supposed to mean exclude actors that are in the selected factions (from being the source/participant in the rule)?

For example, lets say I want to set up a general rule whereby my PC (target) can be approached for sex by any human females (source) if their arousal is over 75 but want to exclude grandmas. So I set the rule as normal, then go to edit Negative Faction, enable and select, say,  SSX Group 2 - then put all the grandma's (Fralia Gray-Mane, Olava the Feeble etc.) that I run across into SSX Group 2. This will stop grandmas from approaching me.  Am I correct to assume that this is what "Edit Negative Faction" does?

Cheers

Cheers

Hi, no.

If an actor is in a Faction and you added this faction to the list of Negative Factions, then the actor will just be ignored by the rule.

But your example is correct, if you use one of the SSX native faction (SSX Group 2, for example), and then putt all actors you don't want inside (the grandmas) and use the faction as negative faction, then you will reach your scope.

K.R.,

So i've looked through this tread for about 10-15 min trying to see if there was a guide on how to make these rules and i'm stumped. So tried to work with it and learn from trial and error and was able to get one to work, a human x player rule. Then tried to work with the Creatures but every time i try to save it, it states that there are no possible animations and to check it again.

Is there a possibility to make one of the reserved posts into a guide?

Thanks for reading! ~Lamb

So i've looked through this tread for about 10-15 min trying to see if there was a guide on how to make these rules and i'm stumped. So tried to work with it and learn from trial and error and was able to get one to work, a human x player rule. Then tried to work with the Creatures but every time i try to save it, it states that there are no possible animations and to check it again.

The guide is in PDF format, it is in the downloads.

It was too big to be put in the reserved posts. (Was like this in version 1.0)

HxC rules shouldn't really be much different from HxH rules.  Are you able to start creature animations some other way?  Like sexlab matchmaker maybe?  You installed creature framework and FNIS creature pack?  And ran FNIS afterwards? Enabled creatures in sexlab, and registered creature framework animations?  You get creature framework in MCM menu, and see various creature types enabled?  (creature x creature rules are more tricky, there are some separate animation packages available and SSX does sort of support them - but the results aren't always good.  Dragons are particularily difficult even in creature x human animations).

Posted a new 1.4g10 version

Compared to g9, shceduler is rebalanced, hopefully making the mod more responsive when under load from several tasks.  Sometimes it was looking to me like it was in deadlock for several minutes - but it was just scheduler trying to juggle tasks, taking about 1 second between each switch.  Part of the reason was an old change I did to prioritize event triggers, another part was tasks taking a long time to react when they got their turn.  This change may cause more straing on papyrus when the mod is busy (because it doesn't take constant breaks between tasks), but should make it work more fluidly.

Overall I've had good results with it - I haven't gotten into anymore deadlocks, it also seems that multiple scenes don't cause same kind of issues I had before.  I haven't been running around with companion though - so that's one part I'm not certain of yet, namely how well combat rules work when there's NPCs on both sides.  But I don't think it's gotten worse at least.

-- edit --

1.4g10 is moved to main download page

Bug Report: It is impossible to set up some scenes under the current framework.

Specifically: Scenes involving werewolf sex, where the PLAYER is the werewolf.

Readon: When 'player' is chosen as a source or target, the MCM locks that participant in as 'human', and if no OTHER creature is contained in the list of targets or actors, it just says 'no animations' even if werewolf animations are loaded/tagged/selected. "WARNING: This rule will not produce any animations! Please fix it so that something will happen." While transformed into werewolf, 'player' is actually a creature, not a human. And whether dominant or submissive, this makes it impossible for Scent to put that Player Werewolf into any scenes, when Scent is the only mod that can trigger many of the werewolf animations, such as HCOS (Horny Creatures of Skyrim) 'Werewolf on Wolf', so on and so forth.

Suggested Solution: Enable the 'creature or human' menu option even when 'Player' is selected to fill that spot. Since Were Wolf, Were Bear, and Vampire Lord are the only 'creature' forms the player can really assume, the MCM could easily interpret Player:creature to mean one of those

Side Note: While I am specifically testing Player Werewolf scenes, this would also make Player Vampire Lord animations impossible to play with Scent of Sex.

Honestly, sometimes I wish Scent of Sex just had the option to use the quick-start function enabled in Sexlab to begin with, when the player really doesn't care about animations. Sometimes I just want a rule to start something between me and a particular creature type or follower, and when it comes to getting the animation right, I have Sexlab Tools installed for a reason. Since the werewolf animations are racially split up between Werewolfgal (female animations), werewolf, and another I forget, I'm not sure it would help to do the suggestion from above on the MCM page, given that turning into a werewolf gives the player the 'werewolf' race temporarily, NOT 'werewolfgal'. Quick-start makes race issues non-existent if a scene is giving the person using the MCM trouble. And werewolfgal blow doesn't seem to give the male an orgasm despite clearly being a blowjob, so I guess I have to futz with the tags somehow, but no one makes a tool for adjusting the tags of creature animations, and it's not an HCOS animation, so bluh.

But I ramble.

Bug Report: It is impossible to set up some scenes under the current framework.

"player or creature" might be problematic, but perhaps "player (beastform)" would work.  You'd then also have something to differentiate what rules apply when in beast form and which ones when in mer form.  I'm not sure how difficult it would be to implement, much of the mod handles player separately from other actors, and  I think at the moment it goes with assumption that player is mer.

What about using faction rule?  I haven't tried this but... if you set yourself into say, SSX faction 1, and made a rule for that faction and "beast", and perhaps set race filter to werewolf.  Though it might still choke up somewhere where it tests if participant is player, and makes assumptions based on that.

-- edit --

I did quick test with faction rule (player in faction, creature, target female human).  I got it as far as starting the animation, and the human participant animated, the player (werewolf) did not.  I can't dig further into it right now, but I've never actually tried any kind of SL animation with player in beastform, so I have no idea if they would work with my setup even outside SSX.  It did seem to me that SSX assumed 'faction' participant to be mer though, so that may be part of the issue.  I'll need to look at it later.

Player is a specific thing.

The thing that can be done with ease is to enable race filters for the player.

But adding a specific type "player beastform" will require a huge amount of work.

Obersvations:

Earlier, I was never able to get follower combat rules to work correctly.  I tried for a long time, and finally gave up - I think somewhere aroundversion 1.3 I just stopped using followers because I could never get them to reliably stop combat.  After recent changes, fixes and safeguards, I decided to give it a new try.  Results look good.  I was running a follower with 1.4g10, with multiple scenes enabled - and bleedout rules seem to work right.  At one point I got fireballed to bleedout together with follower, in middle of fight between pyromancer and cryomancer - so essentially there were 3 NPC sides involved.  Bleedout rules started correctly both for myself and follower at the same time, so I'm pretty satisfied with results.

There's still two problems I came across.  First, at one point I got stuck in 'player invoved' state with no active scenes.  I think it got cleared by one of the safeguards I put in place, because after about a minute or so the combats restarted, and everything seemed to go back to normal.  I'd still prefer to find the actual cause of the issue.  Second, it seems often when I have two scenes running at the same time, when one animation ends it'll also force the other one to stop.  I'll try to look into that next when I get a chance.

Overall though, 1.4g10 seems pretty stable despite the changes.  If anyone is having troubles with it please let me know, because it's getting close to replacing 1.4f as the 'stable version'.

I have a problem with rules, i don't know if it's caused by current version but rules are duplicated each times i reload the game. Even if i delete them all, next time i reload the game all previous rules are back and duplicated.

Tried a clean install of 1.4g10, back with clean install to g6 and problem is still here.

I have a problem with rules, i don't know if it's caused by current version but rules are duplicated each times i reload the game. Even if i delete them all, next time i reload the game all previous rules are back and duplicated.

Tried a clean install of 1.4g10, back with clean install to g6 and problem is still here.

I've seen this reported before, at least once - and it's still a mystery to me.  I've never been able to duplicate it (no pun intended), and I would have thought it impossible in g10 since it maintains the rule IDs.  Thanks for letting me know it's still around.

1) This is not a solution, and I don't know if it's even a workaround - but check the MCM menu: Sex Rules -> import/export rules -> Import rule mode.  Change it to 'ignore' if it isn't already.  It probably doesn't have anything to do with this, but it should at least ensure that importing rules won't create duplicates.

2) If you are using mod organizer, check your overwrite folder.  It should be empty.  If that folder has SKSE/Plugins/Scent of Sex/Scent of Sex Config.json file, that may be one possible cause of problems.  It could possibly explain inability to delete rules permanently, but I can't figure how it would cause them to duplicate.  If you feel sorting that folder out is too much trouble, the simple (though not ideal) solution would be to right click the overwrite on MO, and select 'create a mod' from the menu.  Give it a name - something like "configuration mod", and leave it as the very last mod in your load order (the one with highest priority number).  From here on, when something clutters your overwrite folder, drag it into the "configuration mod".  That will keep the overwrite clean with minimum work.

3) find any and all instances of "Scent of Sex Config.json" file on your drive.  If there are more than one, then I imagine it's possible the game is reading from one and saving to the other - for some obscure reason.  If not, there's maybe a possibility that for some reason game isn't able to overwrite it (some kind of file permission issue perhaps).  If you find one config file, you could upload a copy of it here - especially if you have duplicates of rules.  Perhaps I can make some sense of it from the file.

Other thoughts: it's possible it has something to do with installation folders.  If skyrim, mod organizer, or both are installed under Program Files (x86), it's possible there's some file access problem that confuses the mod.  Might also have something to do with papyrus util or jcontainers versions (I'm running jcontainers 3.2.5 and papyrus util 3.3.  Can't think of anything else offhanded - if it's a problem in SSX itself, it must be really elusive one that only triggers on some very specific conditions.  For that too, having a look at the config file could be helpful.

-- edit --

about the duplicates....

- do they keep piling up?  Like, first one set, then 2 sets, then 3 sets, then 4 sets of rules and so on, with each load - or just one set of duplicates?

- are the duplicates named exactly same as originals, or do they have something like 'dup' in their names?

- if you rename the rules (rename all versions of one rule - both original and duplicates), do the duplicates still generate with old names, or with the new names?

Knowing these answers could be helpful in tracking down where exactly those duplicates are coming from.