Awesome I'll set up the no strip now.

Is there no way you could add in an option to restrict orgasms?

It might be doable with some limitations.  It's global setting in sexlab, so turning it on or off would affect every SL scene.  There's no reasonable way I can see for toggling it for one scene only, but in most cases there's probably only one in progress so maybe it's not a huge problem.  It should be possible to make a setting for rule that casuses the scene to toggle off orgasm effects at start, and then restore the previous state once the scene has finished.  It's not a promise, but I can see how it could be useful in some cases (foreplay scenes, aggressive scenes etc).

Will there be plans to add a filter based on distance?

Right now for some of my rules, actors are getting pulled from quite far away, which is rather immersion breaking - not to mention occasionally bug inducing (especially when it pulls in actors that are suppose to be involved in some quests).

Right now for some of my rules, actors are getting pulled from quite far away, which is rather immersion breaking - not to mention occasionally bug inducing (especially when it pulls in actors that are suppose to be involved in some quests).

On option like this, rule-based, is problematic.

But a global option to define what is the max distance to pick actors is quite easy to be implemented.

Today, if I remember correctly, the max distance is 4000 units.

On option like this, rule-based, is problematic.

But a global option to define what is the max distance to pick actors is quite easy to be implemented.

Today, if I remember correctly, the max distance is 4000 units.

8000 for 'validate' and 'purgeFarActors'.  It could be lowered but it would cause problems with code used to stop combat (think I started having issues when it went below 6000).  Problem was new actors are only found when scanner runs, and sometimes some actors managed to sneak in 'under radar' especially when scanner isn't running too frequently.. and then the combat stopping wouldn't catch them.   It wouldn't be a huge change though to use different distance for rule player when the scene is populated, which I guess could be defined per-rule (could be optional parameter for validating actor for scene).  Another possibility would be "nearest first" option which would make a lot of sense for some rules, but would be a bit more complex to implement, and also more expensive (first pass to sort actors based on distance, second pass to start from nearest and go until all valid positions filled).

Basically, fillTheActor on rule player would check distance (either distance to target actor or distance to player) for each actor first, and skip anyone who is too far away.  Potential problem is, rule checker would find a valid rule, but then rule player could fail to actually fill it with actors.  Can't really write them off at rule checker, because then it would fail to fill the potentials for event-based rules.  On the other hand just ordering them by distance, and using the nearest actors would work - or a hybrid check that would fill it up from within set radius if possible, and otherwise fall back to nearest available.

I have been checking your offering here. I thank you for it. Hours of entertainment! (and that is just setting up the rules if you go expert and try to get all complicated.). I do not see where I can assign a role to a female creature. I get all kinds of options for PC and NPC's but the only options I see for creatures specify only "creature", not female or male creature. Does Scent of Sex see creature gender? Can a "Female Creature" , "Male Creature" or specific types of gendered creatures be assigned for roles in the rules? I have found and use several mods that add gendered creatures into my game. (giants and giantess', Female wolves, female dogs, female werewolves, horses...). I was trying to set up some rules to simulate some of the functions of SL Aroused Creatures, SL Defeat and SL Random attack and am running into some confusion. Thanks again.

I have been checking your offering here. I thank you for it. Hours of entertainment! (and that is just setting up the rules if you go expert and try to get all complicated.). I do not see where I can assign a role to a female creature. I get all kinds of options for PC and NPC's but the only options I see for creatures specify only "creature", not female or male creature. Does Scent of Sex see creature gender? Can a "Female Creature" , "Male Creature" or specific types of gendered creatures be assigned for roles in the rules? I have found and use several mods that add gendered creatures into my game. (giants and giantess', Female wolves, female dogs, female werewolves, horses...). I was trying to set up some rules to simulate some of the functions of SL Aroused Creatures, SL Defeat and SL Random attack and am running into some confusion. Thanks again.

Me and Reikiri struggled on this.

And for the next major version we are going to do a couple of things:

1) Provide a patch for Creature Framework

2) Enable different selection for Male and Female Creatures. (male will be the default if SexLab does not support female creatures.0

Be aware that "Creature" for SSX means just "not human", but the sex for the participant can still be chosen.

The real problem is that there is an incompatibility between SexLab 1.62 and the last versions for CF. So it is impossible that a creature will be recognized as "Female".

Selecting female creature should work exactly like selecting female human - select type generic, select gender female, select human-or-creature creature.

post-435442-0-85895000-1496360516_thumb.jpg

like CPU mentioned though, creature framework doesn't get the creature gender correctly from sexlab, I don't remember exactly how it works with creatures that are set female in skyrim itself (f.ex. flame attronach), it might work right with those, and so a mod that specifically adds female creatures may (or may not) work.  I think if you set creature framework to use skyrim gender, it'll recognize female creatures that are female by default.  Setting gender override on creature framework (not sexlab) will work either way.

You can try the patch I made to creature framework, on my testing it, it seemed to work fine:

CFE_1_1_0_pre2_ONLY.7z

it will work only on creature framework 1.1.0-pre2 though - using it with any other version will break things.  Load after creature framework, and let it overwrite the one script it wants to (and one script source).

To make it work with SSX, with the patch.. use SSX 1.4g14 (1.4g11 or any version after that should work with female creatures, but later versions add other fixes) and creature framework 1.1.0-pre2, set SSX to use sexlab gender, set sexlab to differentiate male/female creatures, and set creature framework to use sexlab gender.  You can set the 'default gender' on creature framework to whatever you like, but using male default will probably give the most reasonable results.

If you have used creature framework without the patch, it's possible it has already picked "male gender" from sexlab for female creatures, and saved that as override.  In that case the patch probably will not reset the gender of those creatures.  I don't remember if there was an option in creature framework to clear all gender overrides, but you can do it per-creature at least from the puppeteer menu.

...I get all kinds of options for PC and NPC's but the only options I see for creatures specify only "creature", not female or male creature. Does Scent of Sex see creature gender?... Thanks again.

Me and Reikiri struggled on this.

... but the sex for the participant can still be chosen.

The real problem is that there is an incompatibility between SexLab 1.62 and the last versions for CF. So it is impossible that a creature will be recognized as "Female".

Ahh, It can be worked around for now.  I will look at it. I will See what I can get away with. Good information, thank you. (please keep reading below as I have run into another snag. I am on my second save of a new play through with a VERY demanding load order so I have been "COC whiterun" in the console and then loading the saved game to avoid hiccups initializing so many scripted mods cold like that. It has worked faithfully many times to ease me into my early saves. The starting "save" is my "clean save", The first two or three after that are to set up the mods in the MCM and get everything playing nice. On the second save load (after setting up the bulk of the mods and making the "first" save) The save loaded fine without console commands but I recieved a warning that "SexLab is not fully installed" (or very close in wording...), and not to use the mod until I installed Sexlab fully. Any thoughts? I am going to peek at the pages here again to see if this is a common thing with a simple fix or not. I just started this attempt so I can start over again to see if something just failed during the initial load in. Thanks again!

Selecting female creature should work exactly like selecting female human - select type generic, select gender female, select human-or-creature creature.

attachicon.giffcreature.jpg

like CPU mentioned though, creature framework doesn't get the creature gender correctly from sexlab, I don't remember exactly how it works with creatures that are set female in skyrim itself (f.ex. flame attronach), it might work right with those, and so a mod that specifically adds female creatures may (or may not) work.  I think if you set creature framework to use skyrim gender, it'll recognize female creatures that are female by default.  Setting gender override on creature framework (not sexlab) will work either way.

You can try the patch I made to creature framework, on my testing it, it seemed to work fine:

attachicon.gifCFE_1_1_0_pre2_ONLY.7z

it will work only on creature framework 1.1.0-pre2 though - using it with any other version will break things.  Load after creature framework, and let it overwrite the one script it wants to (and one script source).

To make it work with SSX, with the patch.. use SSX 1.4g14 (1.4g11 or any version after that should work with female creatures, but later versions add other fixes) and creature framework 1.1.0-pre2, set SSX to use sexlab gender, set sexlab to differentiate male/female creatures, and set creature framework to use sexlab gender.  You can set the 'default gender' on creature framework to whatever you like, but using male default will probably give the most reasonable results.

If you have used creature framework without the patch, it's possible it has already picked "male gender" from sexlab for female creatures, and saved that as override.  In that case the patch probably will not reset the gender of those creatures.  I don't remember if there was an option in creature framework to clear all gender overrides, but you can do it per-creature at least from the puppeteer menu.

Nice! Thank you. Can't wait to try it out. I seem to have the requirements met but have run into a snag when I restarted the play through last night (please see above response to CPU.) Nice support though. Thank you both.

Ahh, It can be worked around for now.  I will look at it. I will See what I can get away with. Good information, thank you. (please keep reading below as I have run into another snag. I am on my second save of a new play through with a VERY demanding load order so I have been "COC whiterun" in the console and then loading the saved game to avoid hiccups initializing so many scripted mods cold like that. It has worked faithfully many times to ease me into my early saves. The starting "save" is my "clean save", The first two or three after that are to set up the mods in the MCM and get everything playing nice. On the second save load (after setting up the bulk of the mods and making the "first" save) The save loaded fine without console commands but I recieved a warning that "SexLab is not fully installed" (or very close in wording...), and not to use the mod until I installed Sexlab fully. Any thoughts? I am going to peek at the pages here again to see if this is a common thing with a simple fix or not. I just started this attempt so I can start over again to see if something just failed during the initial load in. Thanks again!

Nice! Thank you. Can't wait to try it out. I seem to have the requirements met but have run into a snag when I restarted the play through last night (please see above response to CPU.) Nice support though. Thank you both.

Well this is more CPU's domain so to speak, but I think sexlab takes a while to initialize, so probably the idea would be to let it finalize setting up, and then start SSX only after it (and other possible mods such as arousal and creature framework) have settled in.

A couple of thoughts, though:

- Whiterun is huge city with lots of actors and activity.  One very quiet place for setting things up would be the qa test area (coc qasmoke) which is outside normal playable areas.  It has the advantage of not having any NPCs around so script load should be rather minimal.  Another place that's relatively quiet but close to whiterun but without all the hustle of big city itself is temple of Kynareth (coc whiteruntempleofkynareth)

- If you have difficulties loading an 'advanced' save (this is something I've come across many times myself, having a load order of probably around 400 plugins, many of which I merged to get below the 255 hard limit) - play the game in windowed or borderless windowed mode.  After you start game but before loading the save...

* open task manager

* right-click TESV.exe and select set affinity...

* uncheck <all processors> and then check only one core [X] CPU 0

* go back to skyrim, and load your 'advanced' save - it should now load without problems

* once the save has finished loading and the map has fully loaded...

* go back to task manager, set affinity... and check the <all processors>, make sure all the CPU cores are checkmarked again

* go back to skyrim, and profit

It will not help in case of other types of CTDs (such as missing masters, corrupted mesh files etc), but for the crash that comes from bloated mod list (and my suspicion is it may also have strong relation to number of animations you have), it removes the initial loadup CTD 100% of time.  Note though that it does not work while playing in actual fullscreen because skyrim seems to crash when alt-tabbing in and out of fullscreen mode (borderless windowed 'fullscreen' works fine though).

...(and my suspicion is it may also have strong relation to number of animations you have),..

Yeah,...well...no, you can have too many animations?!?!!? Why say stuff like that? ( I may be in denial some...). Okay, ever since I started using Mod Organizer I have needs...addiction...what ever. As long as I can keep the wheels on I do pack it in now. Choosing which animinations to hide will be later if I start seeing the C++ errors. Right now I have a conflict some how with SexLab. Scent is reporting the problem, it is a recent addition and SexLab was working so I mentioned it here but Bathing in Skyrim just got added. Now I have to see what happened there. SexLab is reporting problems in it's quest system now. Might be Bathing in Skyrim or it's SexLab patch ( did I mention addiction?), I just added it to this load order when I was checking for mod updates about the time I saw Scent, two days ago. I waited a day to add bathing (Scent had been in and played with SexLab nicely on my test run just before this...Yeah.) Thank you. Give it to me straight, I will listen. I am just determined and damage control is very different with Mod Organizer in my mind, inspiring me to greater heights (or depths...Perspective...). I am having fun with this...an 8 year old game? Just tell me if I get on your nerves. I am off to re-install SexLab and then possibly remove Bathing. Thanks again!

Edit: Okay, Activated all mods except Scent, no problems. Set everything up, saved, reloaded and let the additional stuff initialize. Everything seemed okay with out spending more than 15 minutes checking MCM menus and such, saved and exit. Activated Scent, loaded the last save and Scent initialized and SexLab was still listed and functional. I have re-installed SexLab and tweaked the load order some so I am not sure what the original problem was...surprise. I am going to try to play for a bit and see if things get bad (CTD's, Lag, broken quests, general weirdness...) Thank you for your help! I really appreciate all you do (for me...)! :D

...(and my suspicion is it may also have strong relation to number of animations you have),..

Yeah,...well...no, you can have too many animations?!?!!? Why say stuff like that? ( I may be in denial some...).

Just to give specifics...

from FNIS description page:

"

("Load CTD") After I ran the generator, Skyrim aborts (CTD) when loading a save file. An FNIS bug?

No. Skyrim's memory Management is buggy, and the more you add to Skyrim, the greater the likelyhood that you see CTDs, especially on save load. I personally have NO load CTD with 1500 animations, about 0.5 with 3000 animations, and about 3-6 CTD with 4000 animations before the game is loaded.

"

There's also mention that the XXL version that increases anim limit from 8000 to 12,000 will also increase likelihood of CTDs.

Why I suspect there's connection specifically to animations, is a bit longer story.. but the short of it - I've had instances of similar CTDs (and also resolvable in similar way, by disabling all but one core), where the game doesn't immediately crash, but instead loads with character in t-pose, and the game crashes as soon as I try to do something that would result in animation (draw weapons, move around.. anything really).  I'm also curious whether this has any relation with the known CTD issue connected with actor scaling (e.g. when sexlab averages the actor scales in order to align animations better).

Just to give specifics...

I'm also curious whether this has any relation with the known CTD issue connected with actor scaling (e.g. when sexlab averages the actor scales in order to align animations better).

Interesting line of thought. I believe that the actor scaling has a direct effect on the C++ error. And I am sure fore knows his stuff, that being said I like to explore my limits thoroughly...as long as I can minimize the risks. It is a game I paid for, equipment I bought and my time, If I am enjoying my self watching the application fail repeatedly, who cares? I try not to be a problem to the brains behind the modding community, I don't cry when a mod breaks my game. It is usually my fault any way. But my aim is to push the limits, learn some things and play the living crap out of Skyrim (yeah! see it's not an addiction! yeah!). Thank you for sharing your valuable time on this. It seems that SexLab and Scent are playing nicely together again. I expect I will have some rules to post in a week maybe. It all depends on my work schedule. Thank you again for your help. I will try to stay quiet now. :)

Nope, got a problem. Neither of my rules involving creatures can be used. It seems that Scent of Sex does not see the 350 or so creature animations that I have registered in SexLab. SexLab seems to  have no trouble seeing/using them but Sent of Sex reports "no animation available" when I toggle the MCM/animations/Creature it takes a substantially long time to open the "amimations" page and when I set the filter to show creature animations, again a long pause and then a blank page except for the words "No animation available". I get the same thing when trying to set up rules involving creatures, I can not save any, no animations assigned. Any thoughts up to, and including "it is time to start trimming out animations."? Has this happened to any one else?

I'm currently having a cosmetic issue with this mod (Version 1.4G14). Due to the persistence of Weight and Height setting, it's causing TBBP bodies' breasts and glutes to flatten and contort when not wearing any clothes. Is there a chance on maybe adding an option to disable the persistent weight and height setting?

I know for a fact it's the persistent weight and height, any time I hit tab for the character menu the breasts and glutes return to normal, and when I resume play everything flattens and contorts again. Everything also returns to normal when wearing clothes as well. Correction, it does it to any HDT and TBBE clothing as well. Only seems to not do it to anything vanilla.

Nope, got a problem. Neither of my rules involving creatures can be used. It seems that Scent of Sex does not see the 350 or so creature animations that I have registered in SexLab. SexLab seems to  have no trouble seeing/using them but Sent of Sex reports "no animation available" when I toggle the MCM/animations/Creature it takes a substantially long time to open the "amimations" page and when I set the filter to show creature animations, again a long pause and then a blank page except for the words "No animation available". I get the same thing when trying to set up rules involving creatures, I can not save any, no animations assigned. Any thoughts up to, and including "it is time to start trimming out animations."? Has this happened to any one else?

There's limit to how many animations sexlab can return, although I don't remember what exactly the limit was - this issue might be related to that.  Hard to say for sure.. you could try making a rule but limiting creature race to something.  skeever, wolf, anything you know you have an animation for.  also make sure the sexuality preferences allow creatures.  You could also try moving your SSX config file somewhere safe, and starting from 'clean slate', and setting configurations based on a post I made earlier here:

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/64169-scent-of-sex/?p=1901175

It should give you a working basic setup, if you can make a simple creature rule that works with that - then you know it's a problem with settings.  If not, then it's most likely something else.. could be a problem with too many animations, or some mods not working together nicely (although if you can trigger creature animations some other way, like with matchmaker, then at least the animations themself are working right).

I'm currently having a cosmetic issue with this mod (Version 1.4G14). Due to the persistence of Weight and Height setting, it's causing TBBP bodies' breasts and glutes to flatten and contort when not wearing any clothes. Is there a chance on maybe adding an option to disable the persistent weight and height setting?

I know for a fact it's the persistent weight and height, any time I hit tab for the character menu the breasts and glutes return to normal, and when I resume play everything flattens and contorts again. Everything also returns to normal when wearing clothes as well. Correction, it does it to any HDT and TBBE clothing as well. Only seems to not do it to anything vanilla.

I'm not really sure what you mean by persistent weight and height settings.  If you have HDT setup installed, and you are using TBBP skeleton / bodies with it, that's probably the problem.  With HDT, make sure you have HDT skeleton installed, and use HDT compatible body.  TBBP (and BBP) are based on animations, HDT is physics, they generally don't like eachother.

I'm not really sure what you mean by persistent weight and height settings.  If you have HDT setup installed, and you are using TBBP skeleton / bodies with it, that's probably the problem.  With HDT, make sure you have HDT skeleton installed, and use HDT compatible body.  TBBP (and BBP) are based on animations, HDT is physics, they generally don't like eachother.

I have CBBE, Realistic Ragdolls and Force, XP32 Maximum Skeleton, HDT Highheels System, HDT Physics Extension Patch, HDT Breast and Butt Physics - TBBP/BBP Supported Reference Skeleton, and HDT Breast and Butt Physics - TBBP/BBP Supported - Standard - With Collision installed, specifically in that order.

Your mod has an option down at the bottom, one up from the Debug Menu, where you can set physical properties and factions of actors. Under the Properties selection, there's sliders for Weight and Height, and the information states it's for setting the persistence of weight and height of actors.

Upon removing the mod, I no-longer have the issue of my actor bodies' boobs and butts getting flattened and contorted. It has something to do with how your mod actively forces weight and height ingame. As I stated, anytime I use the tab key to go into the Character Menu, the contortions / flattening stop, but backing out of the character menu results in it happening immediately.

Also, please don't misunderstand me on this. I'm not bashing you or calling the mod crappy. I'm trying to let you know I've found an issue that could most likely be easily worked around, IE: Adding a button that disables persistence of weight and height setting.

I have CBBE, Realistic Ragdolls and Force, XP32 Maximum Skeleton, HDT Highheels System, HDT Physics Extension Patch, HDT Breast and Butt Physics - TBBP/BBP Supported Reference Skeleton, and HDT Breast and Butt Physics - TBBP/BBP Supported - Standard - With Collision installed, specifically in that order.

Your mod has an option down at the bottom, one up from the Debug Menu, where you can set physical properties and factions of actors. Under the Properties selection, there's sliders for Weight and Height, and the information states it's for setting the persistence of weight and height of actors.

Upon removing the mod, I no-longer have the issue of my actor bodies' boobs and butts getting flattened and contorted. It has something to do with how your mod actively forces weight and height ingame. As I stated, anytime I use the tab key to go into the Character Menu, the contortions / flattening stop, but backing out of the character menu results in it happening immediately.

Also, please don't misunderstand me on this. I'm not bashing you or calling the mod crappy. I'm trying to let you know I've found an issue that could most likely be easily worked around, IE: Adding a button that disables persistence of weight and height setting.

Ah, you are talking about actors editor.  You canignore that one - it does nothing if you don't touch it.  Every npc in game has weight and height (along with other attributes like factions), and that editor lets you change them for individual actors - but it doesn't change the values by default.  If you select actor in the editor, it'll show the current values (which are set by the game - if I remember right the height is based on race/gender unless you have some mod that randomizes or otherwise alters them).  If you change those sliders for the actor, it'll change the values for the actor.  If you don't change them, it simply displays what the game has set for the actor.

I'll repeat: if you use TBBP skeleton with HDT physics, bad things will happen.  If you run XPMSE installer and read the instructions, it'll mention this:

post-435442-0-97756000-1496569618_thumb.jpg

It seems I can only have one check  for each value. E.g. I can't make a rule that requires source arousal >= 30 and target arousal >= 60. There is instead a large number of combinations of target, source, collaborater, greater than and less than. It seems like it would be easier and more flexible for those writing the rules if we could set several different requirements for the same property. E.g.

* source/collaborator arousal >= 30
* source/collaborator arousal < 70

* target arousal >= 50

I assume this is because it would be impractically complex or inefficient in the source scripts to allow multiple checks per property, but thought I'd mention it in case I'm wrong.

Also, is there a way to make a rule be just a "trigger" for other rules? I.e. if I have six rules which all rely on source arousal >= 40 and target nudity, could I make one rule which triggers on those properties, but does nothing, so that I can have the six other rules use the "start after rule" option for triggering? Just a thought. May be a level of complicated beyond "expert" I suppose :D

And since I'm already posting, I would also like to clear up how the "optional collaborator" checkbox works. If I make a rule with one human female as target, one human male as source and set two collaborators of same race as source and also mark the "optional collaborator" checkbox, does that mean the rule is valid for FM, FMM, FMMM animations? Or does there have to be at least one collaborator, so it would only be FMM and FMMM? Or does collaborators of same race mean they could also be human females and FFM, FFFM would also be valid?

I'm asking because the animation count when I make a similar rule seems very low, which I assumed could be the counting code having issues with the variable number of actors.

Lastly, @reikiri, thank you so very much for the mod! It has replaced several other mods in my load order and mostly does a better job than they did.

It seems I can only have one check  for each value. E.g. I can't make a rule that requires source arousal >= 30 and target arousal >= 60. There is instead a large number of combinations of target, source, collaborater, greater than and less than. It seems like it would be easier and more flexible for those writing the rules if we could set several different requirements for the same property. E.g.

* source/collaborator arousal >= 30

* source/collaborator arousal < 70

* target arousal >= 50

I assume this is because it would be impractically complex or inefficient in the source scripts to allow multiple checks per property, but thought I'd mention it in case I'm wrong.

Also, is there a way to make a rule be just a "trigger" for other rules? I.e. if I have six rules which all rely on source arousal >= 40 and target nudity, could I make one rule which triggers on those properties, but does nothing, so that I can have the six other rules use the "start after rule" option for triggering? Just a thought. May be a level of complicated beyond "expert" I suppose :D

And since I'm already posting, I would also like to clear up how the "optional collaborator" checkbox works. If I make a rule with one human female as target, one human male as source and set two collaborators of same race as source and also mark the "optional collaborator" checkbox, does that mean the rule is valid for FM, FMM, FMMM animations? Or does there have to be at least one collaborator, so it would only be FMM and FMMM? Or does collaborators of same race mean they could also be human females and FFM, FFFM would also be valid?

I'm asking because the animation count when I make a similar rule seems very low, which I assumed could be the counting code having issues with the variable number of actors.

Lastly, @reikiri, thank you so very much for the mod! It has replaced several other mods in my load order and mostly does a better job than they did.

Hello, having different setting for arousal (but is the same for Health, Magika, Stamina) for eah participant is complex because of the rule structure.

Having the multiple rules to trigger by another one, will not make any improvements in performance, because checks are done only once.

About the "extra collaborators" part, in a future version the participant definition will be completely different, by having a completely variable number of "active roles" from 1 to 4. (If it is zero then it is a single actor anims, and this will work in a different way.)

Okay. I have disabled animations until all SLAL packs were disabled leaving only vanilla anim.s and mod added anim.s ( 191 human and 160 something creature anim.s) restarted sexlab and scent, deleted all saves (4) and started the whole mess over. Left SLAL packs alone during set up ( enabled no anim.s in Sexlab animation loader.). Sex lab reports like 191 human and 160 something for creatures. Save, exit. Enable Scent and patch, load save, wait for MCM menu notification, check animation tab, almost a full minute to load, shows human only. Set drop down to creatures, Black screen except "No anims". (sigh). Thoughts?

Okay. I have disabled animations until all SLAL packs were disabled leaving only vanilla anim.s and mod added anim.s ( 191 human and 160 something creature anim.s) restarted sexlab and scent, deleted all saves (4) and started the whole mess over. Left SLAL packs alone during set up ( enabled no anim.s in Sexlab animation loader.). Sex lab reports like 191 human and 160 something for creatures. Save, exit. Enable Scent and patch, load save, wait for MCM menu notification, check animation tab, almost a full minute to load, shows human only. Set drop down to creatures, Black screen except "No anims". (sigh). Thoughts?

1) Double-check animations are active and working, easiest way is to initiate scene with creature using something like sexlab matchmaker

2) Animations on SSX list show up only if they are used by rule - in other words make sure you have active (not disabled) rule that uses creatures

3) on 'races' tab check and make sure that creature races are enabled (select creature list, 'enable all' if needed)

4) doublecheck that main->sexuality has allowed combinations that the rule wants to use (f.ex. male/female humans <-> male/female creatures, allowed both ways)

That's.. all that comes to mind.  There's the stuff about allowing creatures in sexlab, registering animations and such, but all of that should be fine and working if matchmaker manages to start a scene with creature outside SSX.. so can't think of anything else right now.

Part 2) means you can basically ignore the 'animations' tab for this issue, and simply make a simple rule: target player, source generic/creature, no other conditions... then click 'count animations' on that rule - and you should see a number other than zero.

post-435442-0-02333300-1496644789_thumb.jpg

If that works, then rules tab should also show animations. If no rule shows number of valid animations, then no animations will appear on animations tab either.  If simple rule like that shows zero valid animations... check the animation setup for the rule - try without gender tags, try setting player to work as 'both male and female'.

That's really strange...I've been running the TBBE body with HDT for quite a while and I haven't had any issues, with the exception of some clothes clipping through boobs that I've been working on in bodyslide as I make them ingame.

Also, thanks for letting me know to just not mess with it, looking back I had messed with those sliders looking through all the menus for this mod on a brand new game before I had any TBBE clothing, so that's probably why I was experiencing that while thinking it automatically set persistence for every actor in visual range.

That's really strange...I've been running the TBBE body with HDT for quite a while and I haven't had any issues, with the exception of some clothes clipping through boobs that I've been working on in bodyslide as I make them ingame.

Also, thanks for letting me know to just not mess with it, looking back I had messed with those sliders looking through all the menus for this mod on a brand new game before I had any TBBE clothing, so that's probably why I was experiencing that while thinking it automatically set persistence for every actor in visual range.

Perhaps if the body has no linkage to HDT (it doesn't reference any HDT definitions), then HDT might leave it alone, and it might run only TBBP - but then there wouldn't be much point to use HDT in the first place.  The way I see it TBBP is pretty obsolete, and I'd just use pure HDT.  But of course as long as it all works without issues, it's all good.

1) Double-check animations are active and working, easiest way is to initiate scene with creature using something like sexlab matchmaker

2) Animations on SSX list show up only if they are used by rule - in other words make sure you have active (not disabled) rule that uses creatures

3) on 'races' tab check and make sure that creature races are enabled (select creature list, 'enable all' if needed)

4) doublecheck that main->sexuality has allowed combinations that the rule wants to use (f.ex. male/female humans <-> male/female creatures, allowed both ways)

That's.. all that comes to mind.  There's the stuff about allowing creatures in sexlab, registering animations and such, but all of that should be fine and working if matchmaker manages to start a scene with creature outside SSX.. so can't think of anything else right now.

Part 2) means you can basically ignore the 'animations' tab for this issue, and simply make a simple rule: target player, source generic/creature, no other conditions... then click 'count animations' on that rule - and you should see a number other than zero.

attachicon.gifcrule.jpg

If that works, then rules tab should also show animations. If no rule shows number of valid animations, then no animations will appear on animations tab either.  If simple rule like that shows zero valid animations... check the animation setup for the rule - try without gender tags, try setting player to work as 'both male and female'.

Oh. more good info. Animations that are not attached/needed for a rule do not appear on the animations page...uhhh. Will attempt my rule again. Thank you. You are almost on my Christmas card list...THANKS AGAIN!

EDIT: Nice. I enabled the creature rule from my earlier attempt and checked animations, 122. Looks good. Also the animations tab shows creature animations. Now I begin to add animations bit by bit and see what happens and when. Great support, Thanks again. Going quiet again.

Quiet UPDATE: Rule works, tested several rules involving NPC's and one involving creatures. All tests went well. Had one CTD on first run. Had a SKSE file in Mod Organizer overwrite, dealt with it. Restarted, resumed testing, success, enabled select SLAL animation packs, tested, enabled, tested... looks okay. Thanks again.