Open question : does Fallout 4 worst the cost ?

Delzaron

Hi

I have a question : i wish to begin Fallout 4, but I only saw videos about it for now.

So, I (censored) a version for tests... but of course I will be not able to mod with that, only test game.

I saw Fallout 4 on steam for 30 euros. The DLC (far harbor) are in extra, and the CK seems not be downloable o n steam for now.

So, does it worst the cost ?

CK will be downloadable only from Bethesda launcher i believe.

Well.. Fallout 4 right now is 30Euro due to summer sales so if you are going to get it then its best to do it now.

As for DLC.. i personally say to buy season pass but that's up to you, still knowing the modding community i am pretty sure the DLC will be required for mods.

If you wont get Season pass then get Automatron/Far Harbor and Nuka World when it comes out.

I am a bethesda fanboy, so even if fo4 was 200 euros i would buy it.

But going back to reality, 30 euros is a very nice price, for the DLC, will be 2/5 quests focus and 3/5 settlements focus, if you like building stuff go for the season pass, if you just want to do quests, season pass is not all that, i say 2/5 and 3/5 because automatron have some quest, but the main aspect of the DLC is to build robots.

I bought FO4 for the full price when it came out, as well as the Season Pass, and I honestly haven't regretted the buy. It's not the best game ever (but honestly, what game is?) and it has its faults, but I'm still playing it from time to time and it was an enjoyable experience for me. (If we talk about the game as it is without any mods, I found it far more enjoyable than my first playthrough of Skyrim without mods, for example.)

And there's always new mods to look forward to. (Which will undoubtedly start rolling in once the CK is out of beta and various assets like skeletons and animations and whatnot exist. Even without those things, there are already quite a few nice mods.)

after 1 hour you will realize  you do the same thing over and over boring trash without mods .speaking of mods i bought skyrim now for 8E but i doubt i will download the game this year it will stay on steam cloud i'm sick and tired of installing mods

I had one of those pip boy editions. But fanboyism appart, it's not a great game with an engaging storyline, but honestly do you really buy bethesda's games for that?

As for the ck it's available (or at least I have it) with the bethesda launcher, I'm not sure it can be called "done" but it's there.

As the changes in the engine is a big departure from the older one it will take time get to skyrim's level of mods but it's growing steadily

If you are going to buy it buy it now that its the summer sales. Also buy the season pass because I think wothout it it would be a very subpar experience and probably a lot of mods will depend on the DLCs soon enough.

I bought it in pre-order with the full season pass. Total $ 80.

I played (without mods) for something like 473 hours (2 game-plays from start, with one with three different endings. Steam tracking. About 30 hours were me trying if my mods were working, not too much right now.)

So technically I spent 16 cents for each hour of fun.

And keep in mind that I did not yet tried Far Harbor.

So for me it is and was OK. Now that it is on the Steam Summer Sales, probably the ratio is way better.

As many other said. at $30 it is a very good deal. While I have many critique for the game as a Fallout game or even a RPG. I have sunk many hours in the game and mods are just adding to it (sometime even removing some of my initial complaints). 

It is not the best game I ever player or even the best game I played in 2015, but was it worth the full price plus season pass ? Yes and it was even before any significant mod were existing.

So at $30 with many mods to improve things as you see fit it is definitely something I would recommend. 

• 2 weeks later...

In a word.No.The game really need a ton of fixes.So many things they got wrong.People are trying to mod this shooter in to a Role playing game.Thats how bad this is.

DELET THIS

the game is perfect

buy the season pass

IN FACT, buy two, just in case you lose the first one!

In a word.No.The game really need a ton of fixes.So many things they got wrong.People are trying to mod this shooter in to a Role playing game.Thats how bad this is.

DELET THIS

the game is perfect

buy the season pass

IN FACT, buy two, just in case you lose the first one!

lol!

Depends. If you want Fallout, then no. They fucked up SPECIAL, mutilated lore and killed every role-playing part of the game (single speech stat and no skill checks, for example. Oh, wait. There are no skills to check. A truely lobotomized flaluot experience). 

But some like it, so you should try it and then deside if YOU want to buy it.

Depends. If you want Fallout, then no. They fucked up SPECIAL, mutilated lore and killed every role-playing part of the game (single speech stat and no skill checks, for example. Oh, wait. There are no skills to check. A truely lobotomized flaluot experience). 

But some like it, so you should try it and then deside if YOU want to buy it.

Fallout 4 is more "skyrim like" than the others, and the madness of the wasted lands is not here, yes. But the game is quite good.

Mods could help for fixing that.

Yes. Apart from modding the fuck out of the base game (literally... soon?) story is good (Far Harbor) and building broken OP robots are fun. 

I'll be honest here.

I loved Morrowind, had a blast playing Daggerfall (when I got it to work, that is) - walked out of the city crited a centaur, got an ebony cuirass, sold it and bought myself a decent set of medium armor, the Morrowind style - Oblivion was... bearable, Skyrim was very bland with it's two dungeons, constant rushing from the mediocre main quest, with awful "skill" trees and it's only redeeming value being faction quests.

Fallout 3 I don't remember a lot from the base game really. Liberty Prime, Mothership Zelda, Point Lookout aaaand that's it.

Compared to Fallout New Vegas where I could now basically do a 99% walkthrough of the game, despite I played it like 3 years ago the last time.

Fallout 4 just takes Fallout 3, updates it to match Skyrim and manages to make it even more bland and unaspiring.

Half a year later I don't remember anything from the main quest, but the road to Concord.

It has nigh-to-zero replayability, there is no skill-checks (except the option to unlock on average 0.5 Charisma dialogue per conversation)... well, there are no skills to begin with, workshop is buggy, bland and Bethesda doesn't even care to fix their cash-grab DLCs, you can't be "evil", you aren't shunned for your actions, 90% of armors flat-out suck and the whole crafting revolves around 4 moddable armor sets that don't even get good before level ~40, with an RNG system of "legendary" modifications that drop from fucking flies and make nearly every "named" weapon in the game obsolete.

It feels like an alpha, with greedy devs waiting for modders to fix every single glaring issue with the game, instead of doing it themselves.

Fallout 4 is the last Bethesda game I'll ever buy (Playing, though... that only the time will tell).

I'll be honest here.

I loved Morrowind, had a blast playing Daggerfall (when I got it to work, that is) - walked out of the city crited a centaur, got an ebony cuirass, sold it and bought myself a decent set of medium armor, the Morrowind style - Oblivion was... bearable, Skyrim was very bland with it's two dungeons, constant rushing from the mediocre main quest, with awful "skill" trees and it's only redeeming value being faction quests.

Fallout 3 I don't remember a lot from the base game really. Liberty Prime, Mothership Zelda, Point Lookout aaaand that's it.

Compared to Fallout New Vegas where I could now basically do a 99% walkthrough of the game, despite I played it like 3 years ago the last time.

Fallout 4 just takes Fallout 3, updates it to match Skyrim and manages to make it even more bland and unaspiring.

Half a year later I don't remember anything from the main quest, but the road to Concord.

It has nigh-to-zero replayability, there is no skill-checks (except the option to unlock on average 0.5 Charisma dialogue per conversation)... well, there are no skills to begin with, workshop is buggy, bland and Bethesda doesn't even care to fix their cash-grab DLCs, you can't be "evil", you aren't shunned for your actions, 90% of armors flat-out suck and the whole crafting revolves around 4 moddable armor sets that don't even get good before level ~40, with an RNG system of "legendary" modifications that drop from fucking flies and make nearly every "named" weapon in the game obsolete.

It feels like an alpha, with greedy devs waiting for modders to fix every single glaring issue with the game, instead of doing it themselves.

Fallout 4 is the last Bethesda game I'll ever buy (Playing, though... that only the time will tell).

I agree... I played fallout 1 and 2, and bethesda fallouts don't have the same funny atmosphere...

Morrowind was excellent, oblivion... not really, skyrim very good. Of course, mods help a lot.

Fallout 3 was strange for me... fallout new vegas, I didn't like the atmosphere but the system was fine.

Yes fallout 4 dialogue system is crap, your skills are not taken in count, you can't be evil, automatron DLC is shit.

The story is quite good at least, and I'm sure with lot of mods, fallout 4 can be good as other fallout.

But yes, it was like the devs made it in one year... at least, the game is playable !

Fallout 4 is more "skyrim like" than the others, and the madness of the wasted lands is not here, yes. But the game is quite good.

I don't agree, personally.

I find plot, characters, ̶d̶u̶n̶g̶e̶o̶n̶s̶ RUINS, castrated special and many other things lacking.

It is, like it was pointed earlier, an even blander game, than F3.

Maybe they are somewhere there. I don't know, haven't found any, but I doubt it.

Unengaging and boooooring dialogues (Yes!, No!, Later!, Sarcasm!),that don't have much of an impact in the most cases. And the way you build your character doesn't impact them either. But we have voice acting! wooo-hooo! who needs your roleplaying! Oh, wait... we are talking about RPG.

Fixed character history, that breaks immersion and already nonexistent roleplaying capabilities of this game (really, could you imagine the pre-war characters, that were living in the pre-war society yesterday, running around butchering deathclaws? I couldn't). And the characters you play are not exactly well-written, in my opinion.

Lore. I tried F4 when it came out, and, because of this, I don't remember much about Bethesda's ways of lore-fucking. An example that I remember is power armor. It's core, to be precise. That should last for thousands of years, not a few minutes.

Villages! I'll pass, thanks. Becoming a leader of the group right of the bat while still being the only one actually doing something, like, protecting folk? No wonder minutemen are nearly extinct.

Crafting. Yeah, I guess it is perfectly normal for Nora to make a laser sniper rifle from a laser pistol and a bunch of random crap, that was lying around. She was a jurist, after all. They do it ALL THE TIME, no?

Just stupid things. The way you find and wear your EXCEPTIONALLY RARE AND EVERYTHING power armor, grab a minigun and start being all-badass post-apocalyptic Gundam fifteen minutes after the game starts, for example. And then you modify it. Totally believable. Yeah.

It is as wide as an ocean, and as shallow as a puddle. It feels like f3 after a brain trauma.

I am going to use f4 for hmm... indecent activities, when it will become possible, but I don't think that I am going to play it.

I don't agree, personally.

I find plot, characters, ̶d̶u̶n̶g̶e̶o̶n̶s̶ RUINS, castrated special and many other things lacking.

It is, like it was pointed earlier, an even blander game, than F3.

Maybe they are somewhere there. I don't know, haven't found any, but I doubt it.

Unengaging and boooooring dialogues (Yes!, No!, Later!, Sarcasm!),that don't have much of an impact in the most cases. And the way you build your character doesn't impact them either. But we have voice acting! wooo-hooo! who needs your roleplaying! Oh, wait... we are talking about RPG.

Fixed character history, that breaks immersion and already nonexistent roleplaying capabilities of this game (really, could you imagine the pre-war characters, that were living in the pre-war society yesterday, running around butchering deathclaws? I couldn't). And the characters you play are not exactly well-written, in my opinion.

Lore. I tried F4 when it came out, and, because of this, I don't remember much about Bethesda's ways of lore-fucking. An example that I remember is power armor. It's core, to be precise. That should last for thousands of years, not a few minutes.

Villages! I'll pass, thanks. Becoming a leader of the group right of the bat while still being the only one actually doing something, like, protecting folk? No wonder minutemen are nearly extinct.

Crafting. Yeah, I guess it is perfectly normal for Nora to make a laser sniper rifle from a laser pistol and a bunch of random crap, that was lying around. She was a jurist, after all. They do it ALL THE TIME, no?

Just stupid things. The way you find and wear your EXCEPTIONALLY RARE AND EVERYTHING power armor, grab a minigun and start being all-badass post-apocalyptic Gundam fifteen minutes after the game starts, for example. And then you modify it. Totally believable. Yeah.

It is as wide as an ocean, and as shallow as a puddle. It feels like f3 after a brain trauma.

I am going to use f4 for hmm... indecent activities, when it will become possible, but I don't think that I am going to play it.

Fallout 4, superamor after 15 minutes (hoppefully, the core is quickly spended)...

It's a fallout for beginners or people who don't know that unverse.

Archived