Open question : does Fallout 4 worst the cost ?

Delzaron

I agree... I played fallout 1 and 2, and bethesda fallouts don't have the same funny atmosphere...

Morrowind was excellent, oblivion... not really, skyrim very good. Of course, mods help a lot.

Fallout 3 was strange for me... fallout new vegas, I didn't like the atmosphere but the system was fine.

Yes fallout 4 dialogue system is crap, your skills are not taken in count, you can't be evil, automatron DLC is shit.

The story is quite good at least, and I'm sure with lot of mods, fallout 4 can be good as other fallout.

But yes, it was like the devs made it in one year... at least, the game is playable !

I think as many others have said, FO4 is a good game but not a good fallout game

The loot system is quite perfect that I could wear every types of amor piece. I have to thought of which gun mod to use with the current weapon. The perk system is a large net with what you can always find 2-3 ways of solving the problem you meet. And I simply run across the Boston with no quests just for flying with the jetpack. Even the workshop system is a lot of fun : use an OP robot to pretect your settlement, use an totally imba gun from some mod as a turret, or just build a glass room for fun

Yeah the dialogue system is a piece of shit, but is skill/perk checking really that important in a game which you have no LV limits?

Yeah the dialogue system is a piece of shit, but is skill/perk checking really that important in a game which you have no LV limits?

Seeing how it should be an RPG I'd say the answer is obvious.

While most JRPG don't have any such "check"s.

Face the truth, a sole surviver could pass ever "check" if he/she want.

True, but we're not talking about JRPGs. We're talking about western RPGs, more specifically Fallout which has always had skill checks and for good reason.

If you invest the time to level all the skills/perks yes. But I doubt you'll just put off doing all quests and just kill random shit till you get to that point. The truth is that you're not even given the option to use anything but your charisma, except for some rare situations in Far Harbor and repairing the USS Constitution, and in the majority of situations where you do use charisma it's for asking for more money. This is a bad design choice for a Fallout game.

True, but we're not talking about JRPGs. We're talking about western RPGs, more specifically Fallout which has always had skill checks and for good reason.

If you invest the time to level all the skills/perks yes. But I doubt you'll just put off doing all quests and just kill random shit till you get to that point. The truth is that you're not even given the option to use anything but your charisma, except for some rare situations in Far Harbor and repairing the USS Constitution, and in the majority of situations where you do use charisma it's for asking for more money. This is a bad design choice for a Fallout game.

Unlock and Hacker perks are offten used as checks out of diolague system, too.

And as Beth said, failing those checks give PC more thing to do, not pass

And? Those have been there since Fallout 1. It's not something new Bethesda added to add more depth to role playing your own character. The problem is that they've been doing the exact opposite with other skills/perks.

In New Vegas you could improve your odds of defending Goodsprings by passing 4 optional skill checks, 5 if you count the SMG repair. So depending on how you built your character in the beginning your courier could be a sweet talker or a good merchant or someone familiar with explosives or medicine and that would have an effect beyond just getting more cash out of people, doing more explosive damage and healing more.

In Fallout 3 and New Vegas the cannibal perk opened up new dialog options for some quests giving you more choices in how you wanted to handle things. Fallout 4 doesn't have any of that.

And there are a lot of examples like these. Historically speaking these kind of choices were always part of Fallout up until the latest game in the franchise where they're oddly absent.

Guest endgameaddiction

Lets spew some facts... Bare with me because there are those fanboys who want to say I have no right to complain about a game that I never played but I've watched many videos on. Including one that talked about the whole game and it's flaws (even semi decent points). But surely enough I have every right to talk because unlike them who are new to Fallout, I have over 6 years on them since Fallout 3 to New Vegas noticing the difference between two studios who write and even develop the game world to the story, but most important, the features that make these games, yes I'm including New Vegas despite that I don't really like it, that make these games unique and good in their ways even though Fallout 3 was more of it's own thing because the lore wasn't true to the original Fallout 1 and 2 to which an extent I can agree and side with the old fans on this... Now, lets take a look here.

• Dialogue System - In previous games, you had real choices. Actual paragraphs you can read and only select one which then led to another dialogue choice depending the conversation with the NPC. It wasn't only or just four choices. It wasn't four bland choices that had absolutely no meaning. You got to pick a choice that more suited your character. It could range from two + choices, but for the most part it was more. Go research and watch videos on Fallout 1 and 2 on how the dialogue system was. And Fallout 3 and New Vegas for that matter. With every bland choice in Fallout 4, you have no idea what your character is going to say. Because ultimately you can't make that choice. You can only guess they are going to say it like this and often times it's not interpreted the way you wanted it to so really the way they express themselves leaves out room for you and your character because no matter how hard you try your character will say something unexpected.
  • Speech Skill(s) check = Not to confuse this with just the Speech skill, but skills in general. Because it wasn't just relied on Speech skill to pass these certain dialogues, but other skills like Survival, Science, Explosives, Guns/Small Guns, Medicine etc... Often times you would run into a NPC that would give a dialogue for one of those skills and if you didn't have enough skill points, you'd fail the speech. Or, in Fallout 3 it was a bit different. It was based on a percentage. Which if I remember correctly depended on your speech skill and charisma. Both Fallout 3 and New Vegas also had the attribute speech check but it wasn't solely based on Charisma. It was also based on your INT, STR, LCK etc... You weren't just a charismatic type of character like Bethesda wants you to be in Fallout 4. You can play as a smart character and even talk down to a scientist by proving your wits more than his. But this was only possible depending the amount of points you spent in your SPECIAL. You got gear that gave extra CHR, STR, AGI etc... so you also had to rely on gear like that. Even gear that gave extra gun, speech, survival, big guns, medicine stats. Even AP+. But the difference is you couldn't abandon the conversation in Fallout 3 and New Vegas to swap gear to pass a speech check. Not like in Fallout 4. You either had enough points in attributes or skills, or you didn't. But lets face it, you can't pass every single speech check, there has to be times where you just don't meet the requirements and deal with it. But in Fallout 4, nope, you are given the freedom to successfully complete everything.
  • Karma - Not as popular as Reputation, but for me it still holds an important element that I personally think in conjunction with Reputation it can very well work hand in hand. Karma was a status the protagonist could get. This was more of a conscience type thing because it was something that made you decide whether you wanted to be very good, good, neutral, evil, or very evil. And the bonus of that depended on your status. If you were good or very good you had these extra dialogue choices and those choices you benefited from. if you were evil and very evil, you also benefited from choices through dialogue speech. You also had NPCs that would treat you with more respect if you were a good person, or you had people talk down to you if you were a bad person. Even neutral had its effect. You couldn't buy and hire a certain follower from the game if you had very good, good, evil or very evil status. If it wasn't neutral, the option wasn't given. Or it was but the NPC would immediately turn down that offer. Karma held a form of reputation in its own way that I felt held water to it for Fallout. It was a nice simple feature that allowed you to defy your character a bit more than just imagination.
  • Reputation - Among this and Karma, most people preferred this one. And I agree that reputation without any doubt is something every RPG needs to have because this is extremely important on the consequences towards you the protagonist and the actions you do. What you do should matter, whether that's saving a settlement that tied with a certain faction, or doing evil and killing off those people instead that would grant you bad reputation not only in that settlement, but towards the faction that settlement is tied to. What you do matters. Kinda like Karma, but far more. And if you hit the worst of the worst reputation, you were an enemy on sight. No were ways around it until a faction like NCR would come up to you in the middle of the wasteland and tell you to change your attitude or they'll be coming after you. If you went to any NCR settlement, you are going to get lit up with lead coming your way. If you caused too much trouble in some settlement, you weren't welcomed and they would attack you on sight. And on the good side, if you helped and aided NCR, other NCR bases welcomed you or treated you as a neutral person. You can go in and offer to help them and gain more positive reputation.
  • Weapon and Armor degradation, and Repair - Lets face it, this feature was cool. It had immersion. The fact that weapons and ammo meant something in the game  more than just looting made combat more interesting. Carefully whipping out your sniper rifle that is in really bad condition only meant to use it wisely. Not just pump .308 rounds left and right on everything in your sight because you could be in a sticky situation and that weapon may be your last resort until you can find aanother in new, decent or in bad condition to repair the one you have. This made this game more of a survivalist game when it came to combat and encountering enemies. But in Fallout 4 you find endless weapons that serve absolutely zero purpose other than looting and selling. If that's the kind of player you are. It's exactly like Skyrim. Just piles and piles of weapons every where you go.
  • Skill System - Gone. Non-existent in Fallout 4. It once was linked with the perk system, but it's just gone. Why? The skill system was good for obvious reasons, Those reasons were to allow you to spend your points on what you felt was right for your style of playing. the type of character you decided to do with that play through. Same as with SPECIAL and perks. But like I said above, Skills held the benefit of not just increasing your character's skills but it had a purpose in speech dialogue. In the game you couldn't max out on all skills because it had a level cap restriction. Of course with mods it was possible to disable that and have an infinite level cap which allowed you to max your skills and get every single perk available through skills and the amount of point you had in your SPECIAL attribute. Given that you could get 9 points in all SPECIAL attributes through a perk, but it was only available once you hit 30 the max level cap. And with the wits, collect the SPECIAL bobbleheads that add +1 point to cap each one to 10. There was a reason why this perk was only available at level 30. You didn't have to get it, it was there if you wanted it. And if you were smart enough to figure out that it was possible to get 10 in all SPECIAL attributes. Of course that just made you god when it comes to speech check with SPECIAL attributes, but it was available at level 30 for a reason. I would definitely argue against this if this was something you can get early or mid way on in your leveled character. Some will argue that all skills did was make you more godly. Well, yes that's true. It's like Skyrim that eventually you got stronger and stronger the more your skills were profound, but surely enough that's why enemies level up with you. You think Deathclaws are a threat? pshh.... Try taking down one or even two Albino Scorpions clamping at you and swinging their venomous stinger at you at the same time, plus running at the speed of a Ferrari. Deathclaws? Albino Scorpions are no joke.

With all that said, I'm a hater. I have nothing to talk about because I have no experience, when really I don't need any because videos provide the facts before me. You know, when they are legit  because it's obvious when someone's making a troll video and when someone isn't. Now, lets see those fanboys argue against all that and still say Fallout 4 is a great game because....? You can run around in a open world? You can wear armor over your clothing? Because  you can modify your weapons? Because you can see and hear your character talk? Because you can ride a vertibird? Because you can build your own settlements? None of those things have made the game better vs. the essential things taken away. Fallout 4 is not an RPG, it's just an AG (Action Game). Your choices do not matter because you are meant to be a good guy. that's the way Bethesda wants you to play. This wouldn't be a problem if their games were built on this from the get go. But they weren't, it was a complete 360 decision they made because they thought it would be better for their game? Then it just shows me and many others that they don't know what Fallout really is. But they do know. They just don't care. They chose to go down this road knowing that there were going to be consequences, but that it would also draw a new type of crowd and that new crowd is what matters most. Because it will more than likely generate more sales for them.

You are entitled to like the game all you want and consider it a great game to you, but in general, no, it's a bad game. it's a perfect example of streamline and dumbing down and only caring for that extra dollar they can squeeze out not just from FPS fans, but from people willing to fall for their season pass. Which I find it funny as I always chuckle because it's so obvious why they started this trend with season pass because it's easier to sucker a fanboy overly hyped for this game from the start. Who literally buys something they have no idea what it's about?

Anyways, have fun. Call me a hater. I'm just hating to hate. No fanboy can come up with logic reasons why this game is good other than the meaningless things I've stated above. I would rather have reputation and karma back instead of being able to ride a vertibird. I would rather have skills back instead of a voiced protagonist. Because those stripped out essential features were what made Fallout a great game.

Lets spew some facts... Bare with me because there are those fanboys who want to say I have no right to complain about a game that I never played but I've watched many videos on. Including one that talked about the whole game and it's flaws (even semi decent points). But surely enough I have every right to talk because unlike them who are new to Fallout, I have over 6 years on them since Fallout 3 to New Vegas noticing the difference between two studios who write and even develop the game world to the story, but most important, the features that make these games, yes I'm including New Vegas despite that I don't really like it, that make these games unique and good in their ways even though Fallout 3 was more of it's own thing because the lore wasn't true to the original Fallout 1 and 2 to which an extent I can agree and side with the old fans on this... Now, lets take a look here.

• Dialogue System - In previous games, you had real choices. Actual paragraphs you can read and only select one which then led to another dialogue choice depending the conversation with the NPC. It wasn't only or just four choices. It wasn't four bland choices that had absolutely no meaning. You got to pick a choice that more suited your character. It could range from two + choices, but for the most part it was more. Go research and watch videos on Fallout 1 and 2 on how the dialogue system was. And Fallout 3 and New Vegas for that matter. With every bland choice in Fallout 4, you have no idea what your character is going to say. Because ultimately you can't make that choice. You can only guess they are going to say it like this and often times it's not interpreted the way you wanted it to so really the way they express themselves leaves out room for you and your character because no matter how hard you try your character will say something unexpected.
  • Speech Skill(s) check = Not to confuse this with just the Speech skill, but skills in general. Because it wasn't just relied on Speech skill to pass these certain dialogues, but other skills like Survival, Science, Explosives, Guns/Small Guns, Medicine etc... Often times you would run into a NPC that would give a dialogue for one of those skills and if you didn't have enough skill points, you'd fail the speech. Or, in Fallout 3 it was a bit different. It was based on a percentage. Which if I remember correctly depended on your speech skill and charisma. Both Fallout 3 and New Vegas also had the attribute speech check but it wasn't solely based on Charisma. It was also based on your INT, STR, LCK etc... You weren't just a charismatic type of character like Bethesda wants you to be in Fallout 4. You can play as a smart character and even talk down to a scientist by proving your wits more than his. But this was only possible depending the amount of points you spent in your SPECIAL. You got gear that gave extra CHR, STR, AGI etc... so you also had to rely on gear like that. Even gear that gave extra gun, speech, survival, big guns, medicine stats. Even AP+. But the difference is you couldn't abandon the conversation in Fallout 3 and New Vegas to swap gear to pass a speech check. Not like in Fallout 4. You either had enough points in attributes or skills, or you didn't. But lets face it, you can't pass every single speech check, there has to be times where you just don't meet the requirements and deal with it. But in Fallout 4, nope, you are given the freedom to successfully complete everything.
  • Karma - Not as popular as Reputation, but for me it still holds an important element that I personally think in conjunction with Reputation it can very well work hand in hand. Karma was a status the protagonist could get. This was more of a conscience type thing because it was something that made you decide whether you wanted to be very good, good, neutral, evil, or very evil. And the bonus of that depended on your status. If you were good or very good you had these extra dialogue choices and those choices you benefited from. if you were evil and very evil, you also benefited from choices through dialogue speech. You also had NPCs that would treat you with more respect if you were a good person, or you had people talk down to you if you were a bad person. Even neutral had its effect. You couldn't buy and hire a certain follower from the game if you had very good, good, evil or very evil status. If it wasn't neutral, the option wasn't given. Or it was but the NPC would immediately turn down that offer. Karma held a form of reputation in its own way that I felt held water to it for Fallout. It was a nice simple feature that allowed you to defy your character a bit more than just imagination.
  • Reputation - Among this and Karma, most people preferred this one. And I agree that reputation without any doubt is something every RPG needs to have because this is extremely important on the consequences towards you the protagonist and the actions you do. What you do should matter, whether that's saving a settlement that tied with a certain faction, or doing evil and killing off those people instead that would grant you bad reputation not only in that settlement, but towards the faction that settlement is tied to. What you do matters. Kinda like Karma, but far more. And if you hit the worst of the worst reputation, you were an enemy on sight. No were ways around it until a faction like NCR would come up to you in the middle of the wasteland and tell you to change your attitude or they'll be coming after you. If you went to any NCR settlement, you are going to get lit up with lead coming your way. If you caused too much trouble in some settlement, you weren't welcomed and they would attack you on sight. And on the good side, if you helped and aided NCR, other NCR bases welcomed you or treated you as a neutral person. You can go in and offer to help them and gain more positive reputation.
  • Weapon and Armor degradation, and Repair - Lets face it, this feature was cool. It had immersion. The fact that weapons and ammo meant something in the game  more than just looting made combat more interesting. Carefully whipping out your sniper rifle that is in really bad condition only meant to use it wisely. Not just pump .308 rounds left and right on everything in your sight because you could be in a sticky situation and that weapon may be your last resort until you can find aanother in new, decent or in bad condition to repair the one you have. This made this game more of a survivalist game when it came to combat and encountering enemies. But in Fallout 4 you find endless weapons that serve absolutely zero purpose other than looting and selling. If that's the kind of player you are. It's exactly like Skyrim. Just piles and piles of weapons every where you go.
  • Skill System - Gone. Non-existent in Fallout 4. It once was linked with the perk system, but it's just gone. Why? The skill system was good for obvious reasons, Those reasons were to allow you to spend your points on what you felt was right for your style of playing. the type of character you decided to do with that play through. Same as with SPECIAL and perks. But like I said above, Skills held the benefit of not just increasing your character's skills but it had a purpose in speech dialogue. In the game you couldn't max out on all skills because it had a level cap restriction. Of course with mods it was possible to disable that and have an infinite level cap which allowed you to max your skills and get every single perk available through skills and the amount of point you had in your SPECIAL attribute. Given that you could get 9 points in all SPECIAL attributes through a perk, but it was only available once you hit 30 the max level cap. And with the wits, collect the SPECIAL bobbleheads that add +1 point to cap each one to 10. There was a reason why this perk was only available at level 30. You didn't have to get it, it was there if you wanted it. And if you were smart enough to figure out that it was possible to get 10 in all SPECIAL attributes. Of course that just made you god when it comes to speech check with SPECIAL attributes, but it was available at level 30 for a reason. I would definitely argue against this if this was something you can get early or mid way on in your leveled character. Some will argue that all skills did was make you more godly. Well, yes that's true. It's like Skyrim that eventually you got stronger and stronger the more your skills were profound, but surely enough that's why enemies level up with you. You think Deathclaws are a threat? pshh.... Try taking down one or even two Albino Scorpions clamping at you and swinging their venomous stinger at you at the same time, plus running at the speed of a Ferrari. Deathclaws? Albino Scorpions are no joke.

With all that said, I'm a hater. I have nothing to talk about because I have no experience, when really I don't need any because videos provide the facts before me. You know, when they are legit  because it's obvious when someone's making a troll video and when someone isn't. Now, lets see those fanboys argue against all that and still say Fallout 4 is a great game because....? You can run around in a open world? You can wear armor over your clothing? Because  you can modify your weapons? Because you can see and hear your character talk? Because you can ride a vertibird? Because you can build your own settlements? None of those things have made the game better vs. the essential things taken away. Fallout 4 is not an RPG, it's just an AG (Action Game). Your choices do not matter because you are meant to be a good guy. that's the way Bethesda wants you to play. This wouldn't be a problem if their games were built on this from the get go. But they weren't, it was a complete 360 decision they made because they thought it would be better for their game? Then it just shows me and many others that they don't know what Fallout really is. But they do know. They just don't care. They chose to go down this road knowing that there were going to be consequences, but that it would also draw a new type of crowd and that new crowd is what matters most. Because it will more than likely generate more sales for them.

You are entitled to like the game all you want and consider it a great game to you, but in general, no, it's a bad game. it's a perfect example of streamline and dumbing down and only caring for that extra dollar they can squeeze out not just from FPS fans, but from people willing to fall for their season pass. Which I find it funny as I always chuckle because it's so obvious why they started this trend with season pass because it's easier to sucker a fanboy overly hyped for this game from the start. Who literally buys something they have no idea what it's about?

Anyways, have fun. Call me a hater. I'm just hating to hate. No fanboy can come up with logic reasons why this game is good other than the meaningless things I've stated above. I would rather have reputation and karma back instead of being able to ride a vertibird. I would rather have skills back instead of a voiced protagonist. Because those stripped out essential features were what made Fallout a great game.

I've always seen skills and perks like this: skill determine how good your character is at something while perks add more flavor in how you do that something. Example: Guns skill and And Stay Back for shotguns.

Also, I think you meant 180, not 360.

And? Those have been there since Fallout 1. It's not something new Bethesda added to add more depth to role playing your own character. The problem is that they've been doing the exact opposite with other skills/perks.

In New Vegas you could improve your odds of defending Goodsprings by passing 4 optional skill checks, 5 if you count the SMG repair. So depending on how you built your character in the beginning your courier could be a sweet talker or a good merchant or someone familiar with explosives or medicine and that would have an effect beyond just getting more cash out of people, doing more explosive damage and healing more.

In Fallout 3 and New Vegas the cannibal perk opened up new dialog options for some quests giving you more choices in how you wanted to handle things. Fallout 4 doesn't have any of that.

And there are a lot of examples like these. Historically speaking these kind of choices were always part of Fallout up until the latest game in the franchise where they're oddly absent.

FO3 and NV have limited LVs which the character could only master part of the skills/perks( and player soon share the methord how to master every perk when DLC came). Thile the sole surviver has no LV limits

Yeah and FO1 and 2 have special dialogue for low intellgence character while FO3 and NV don't have. They are different game with different base settings

I've always seen skills and perks like this: skill determine how good your character is at something while perks add more flavor in how you do that something. Example: Guns skill and And Stay Back for shotguns.

Also, I think you meant 180, not 360.

Yeah, "100 pts of small gun " is good while "Rifleman rank5" is a piece of shit

How can I put this in simple terms, oh yes! Bethesda releases games that, can be, have been and will be modded! I cannot say the same for most other games, hell Bethesda even gives us an editor! If you don't like this game or think it costs too much go spend your dollars one some other piece of crap and then come back and tell us it was worth more!

Correct if all Rifleman 5 does is add 100% damage. Perks should add further flavor to the way you play. I'm not saying they way they did perks is bad, perks have other bonuses beyond just damage bonuses in Fallout 4.

Now if you look at Skyrim's base perks, now that was bad.

FO3 and NV have limited LVs which the character could only master part of the skills/perks( and player soon share the methord how to master every perk when DLC came). Thile the sole surviver has no LV limits

Yeah and FO1 and 2 have special dialogue for low intellgence character while FO3 and NV don't have. They are different game with different base settings

I fail to see why you keep bringing up the unlimited level cap as if that's any justification of gutting most skill/perk checks. Yes, you can get all perks which would mean your character can do everything, but up until you get to that point you have to actively build your character and can only fulfill certain roles.

And FNV does have low INT dialog.

Correct if all Rifleman 5 does is add 100% damage. Perks should add further flavor to the way you play. I'm not saying they way they did perks is bad, perks have other bonuses beyond just damage bonuses in Fallout 4.

Now if you look at Skyrim's base perks, now that was bad.

I fail to see why you keep bringing up the unlimited level cap as if that's any justification of gutting most skill/perk checks. Yes, you can get all perks which would mean your character can do everything, but up until you get to that point you have to actively build your character can can only fulfill certain roles.

And FNV does have low INT dialog.

Why make skills and perks different? Just because they have different names? As we all know the Fallout skills only have effect once per 10 pts

No lv limits with the open world means you can simply get to the condition when you can pass the "check". Which means some "check" will force the player to get certain perks wihile others will just be ignored. Like what happen to hack and unlocker in the game

Why make skills and perks different? Just because they have different names?

Because they fulfill different roles in the overall gameplay. Or at least they used to.

Initially I didn't mind the choice of removing skills that much because I figured they'd just roll the functionality into the perk system. And that's basically what they did.

But after spending some time playing the game I realized that, for me at least, the change affected the game negatively. It's not game breaking, but in my opinion it's a step backwards. It's why I like perk overhaul mods for Skyrim that add specialization in each perk tree. You can end up being a true master of that skill if you invest enough time training it and getting all or almost all perks  in that tree. But till you get to that point you have to pick and choose.

As we all know the Fallout skills only have effect once per 10 pts

False.

No lv limits with the open world means you can simply get to the condition when you can pass the "check". Which means some "check" will force the player to get certain perks wihile others will just be ignored. Like what happen to hack and unlocker in the game

I'm starting to think you're no quite grasping the concept of role-playing. Those limitations are part of the experience. It's what forces you to prioritize things based on how you want to play the game and what you envisioned your character to be like. And a good RPG will provide alternatives in some situations so you don't feel like the game is punishing you and you feel rewarded for your choices instead. New Vegas did this very well.

How can I put this in simple terms, oh yes! Bethesda releases games that, can be, have been and will be modded! I cannot say the same for most other games, hell Bethesda even gives us an editor! If you don't like this game or think it costs too much go spend your dollars one some other piece of crap and then come back and tell us it was worth more!

So what?

Firaxis supports modders, for example. While Bethesda takes their work (far harbor detective quest, for example; or villages - I believe I saw something similar as a mod for F3)  and expects them to make the game interesting and playable instead of them. GJ, Beth.

Is this worth the money, of course it is.  Hours of entertainment.  It needs more mods I cant say how many times I wanted to use sextec to resolve a speech check or quest.  The mods are on the way though and it already is very fun to play. Watching my toon watching porn in a game. Thats immersive as fuck. If you really dont have the money, wait for a big sale More mods are on there way and it will keep getting better.  It already is worth what it costs and then some and it will keep getting better.

So what?

Firaxis supports modders, for example. While Bethesda takes their work (far harbor detective quest, for example; or villages - I believe I saw something similar as a mod for F3)  and expects them to make the game interesting and playable instead of them. GJ, Beth.

LOL Yep there is a whole 64 mods for all of the Firaxis games at ModDB. Fallout 4 already has around 13,000 on just Nexus, Fallout New Vegas 17,000+ and Skyrim 48,000+ and then there is Oblivion, etc. I can name many games that could have been great if they had let the modding community have full access to them like Bethesda does.

Archived