OMFG THE NEW GOT EPISODE IS INSANE

Anbeegod

BRO I WAS GOING TO CREATE A THREAD TO VENT MY EMOTIONS AND YES, WTFFFFFF MAN INSANE EPISODE IS AN UNDERSTANMENT, SO MANY WTF MOMENTS!!!!

Edit: ok now serious talk

First of all season 6 episode 10 - music: 11/10

I was sceptical about the show for diverting its paths from the book (although for good reasons), and i was right as the show keeps on slaughtering its characters left and right to generate drama, but this ep has threaded everything together very neatly. I suppose the credit goes to the many solid characters the show has developed from the previous reasons whilst following the book.

Fk the Tyrells death was a major holyshit for me and Tommen's death was simply a masterstroke, totally did not expect those and i loved how it just made Cersei snap,

Theon was my favour character in the book (him and Jamie) and i was dead sure that they going to kill him off, but im just super fken glad they didnt

and Dany, fk honestly all she needed to do is just to show up in Westeros with her dragons and the 7 kingdoms will be hers given the current situation. I highly suspect next season will be its last, given the reality for Dany taking the throne to be a stroll in the park and a good half of a season should suffice she to deal with the whitewalkers

Fk i was screaming through the episode oh glob i need to calm myself.

Yes I do think this episode was pretty incredible.  This is one of the few series that I have watched during the actual season. Usually I get a hold of a series after it has all been shown, then I stay up for three or four days watching one after the other.  Lost and Breaking Bad, were two major culprits.  Watching the season finally's like season 5 and season 6, and then having to wait for months for the next season just kills me.  The one difference with GOT for me is now I have 5 or 6 story lines I am dying to find out what happens, where other series It is usually only one or two.  But in the meantime, I am really excited to get a hold of the NEW REMASTERED SKYRIM, that should keep me busy until the next season.(sarcasm).

TES6 is years away, Game of Thrones is now a year away, and Skyrim modding has slowed to a snails pace,  I guess it is time to dive back into my work. Fun time is over. :(

Episode 10 is AWESOME. I'm so glad that those political and especially religious fanatics (little sparrows) got punished. I hate religious fanaticism and its oppression.

I wish she will win - she's the hottest actress :)  And not only because of that but because she is dangerous, perverted, kinky and I like her warrior's combat style... very similar to elves and redguards.

post-894077-0-25169200-1467020182_thumb.jpg

You know that there will be no future episodes? Since it was filmed by UK company backed by EU funding? ;)

I'm pretty sure it wasn't. And even if it was, somebody else will gladly take the show under its wing. A delicious grilled chicken wing with onion rings, ketchup and mustard NOW ONLY $99.99!!!

All that and more for a small price of TOTAL CONTROL.

You know that there will be no future episodes? Since it was filmed by UK company backed by EU funding? ;)

I'm pretty sure it wasn't. And even if it was, somebody else will gladly take the show under its wing. A delicious grilled chicken wing with onion rings, ketchup and mustard NOW ONLY $99.99!!!

All that and more for a small price of TOTAL CONTROL.

Then maybe make sure? Instated of being not sure?

Guest MonsterFish

I have one question about that episode

Does the Citadel Library get free wifi?

Remember the vision in the second season episode #10 of the throne room in ruin and snow falling on the iron throne?

They've got a lot to cover.

A lot of people believe that that vision didn't show snow falling, but ash. Dragonmont erupted.

I guess it's War of Three Queens now... (Daenrys, Cersi, and Sansa)

Queens?.. John Snow was made king of the north and seems to be wearing the pants as far as decision making is concerned, Sansa seems to be more of a high ranking advisor at this stage (though I guess "Queen" would be an appropriate title). War between all three of them though? No, I don't see something like that happening. From what I've heard, there are only 13 (yes, lucky number 13) more episodes left, and John Snow seems more concerned with keeping the Ice Walkers in check rather than taking the iron throne, besides, he has always been reluctant to take leadership positions (though, with that manipulative weasel "Little Finger", and his apparent hold on Sansa in the picture, I guess anything is still possible).

As far as Daenrys and Cersi are concerned... That I could see happening. But I think if anything the new "King of The North" would probably back Daenrys, given Sansa's disdain for the Lannisters (for obvious reasons), though I'm not sure on how John Snow would feel about that, since, as far as I can remember, he doesn't really have a reason to hate them other than Sansa.

EDIT: There is also the "Three Eyed Raven" to consider, an the fact that he is John and Sansa's brother so would be more likely to follow after their wises if he were to make contact with them. The reason that is a big deal is he may be able to figure out a way to regain control of the White Walkers, and IF that happens, and my earlier guess is correct, well then, Cerci is truly fucked in the ass without lube, and IF that winds up being the case, then the "white stuff" seen in the vision mentioned in an earlier post really would be snow, which would make perfect sense, since "snow and lowered temperatures tend to follow the White Walkers wherever they go".

Anyway, that's just my take on things.

Guest MonsterFish

Queens?.. John Snow was made king of the north and seems to be wearing the pants as far as decision making is concerned, Sansa seems to be more of a high ranking advisor at this stage (though I guess "Queen" would be an appropriate title). War between all three of them though? No, I don't see something like that happening. From what I've heard, there are only 13 (yes, lucky number 13) more episodes left, and John Snow seems more concerned with keeping the Ice Walkers in check rather than taking the iron throne, besides, he has always been reluctant to take leadership positions (though, with that manipulative weasel "Little Finger", and his apparent hold on Sansa in the picture, I guess anything is still possible).

As far as Daenrys and Cersi are concerned... That I could see happening. But I think if anything the new "King of The North" would probably back Daenrys, given Sansa's disdain for the Lannisters (for obvious reasons), though I'm not sure on how John Snow would feel about that, since, as far as I can remember, he doesn't really have a reason to hate them other than Sansa.

EDIT: There is also the "Three Eyed Raven" to consider, an the fact that he is John and Sansa's brother so would be more likely to follow after their wises if he were to make contact with them. The reason that is a big deal is he may be able to figure out a way to regain control of the White Walkers, and IF that happens, and my earlier guess is correct, well then, Cerci is truly fucked in the ass without lube, and IF that winds up being the case, then the "white stuff" seen in the vision mentioned in an earlier post really would be snow, which would make perfect sense, since "snow and lowered temperatures tend to follow the White Walkers wherever they go".

Jon may have reason to back Dany since, if the R + L = J theory is correct (We know that Jon is Lyannas son, but so far we don't know the father. We're assuming it's Rhaegar, it's probably Rhaegar) it would make Dany Jons aunt. Or if Aerys was the father since he was known to rape, his cousin. Targaryens were known to have incestuous marriages as well as polygamous marriages so technically he could marry both Sansa and/or Arya (Which would be his cousin, cousins aren't considered incest in Westeros) to cement his hold on the North and Dany to cement an alliance between Starks and Targaryens.

I don't think Dany would mind Jon being on the throne instead of her. Her whole storyline was her taking care of slaves anyway and she wants the power of Targaryens to be restored to Westeros so I really don't think she'd mind. If Jon is the son of Rhaegar and the relationship between Lyanna and Rhaegar was marriage, Jon would actually be the rightful heir to the throne and Dany is, from my eyes, a person of honor but she may need to force it since all her followers are expecting Dany to take the throne, not some Northerner they've never heard of.

Jon absolutely has disdain for the Lannisters. Remember Janos Slynt? The commander of the Goldcloaks under Lannister rule that betrayed his father and was directly involved with his arrest and execution. How he begged for mercy and Jon showing a rare glimpse into his dark side was disgusted by him and chopped his head off anyways. Plus the fact that during the Sack of Kings Landing Lannister men raped, killed and butchered many innocent lives including his "Step-Mother" Elia Martell and his "Half-Sister" and "Half-Brother". The destruction of the Sept of Baelor which would also include many innocent lives. Jon isn't always honorable, he did after all infiltrate the Wildlings in order to see what they were up to, but even then he doesn't partake or like meaningless and senseless killing (He begs to spare the life of the Farmer that Ygritte kills).

Cersei's hold on Westeros is absolutely shattered. She has no right to the throne whatsoever but it's likely that she had to butter some parsnips and slit a few throats to get there. The only current hold she has right now is The Crownlands, The Stormlands and The Westerlands. All of which are broke as fuck. The Reach has gone against her, taking away her main source of coin and food so the smallfolk will likely starve and riot. The Dornish hate her guts, The North has revolted again this time with the Vale of Arryn backing them up, The Iron Islands are... well... The Iron Islands and thanks to Arya, the hold on The Riverlands is shattered. Half her army is destroyed, most houses have turned their backs on her and on top of that, the biggest fleet Westeros has ever seen is heading towards her from what I presume is the South, and another army sits in the North. I think at this point Jaime is beginning to realise that this is pointless and will likely switch sides to Dany and/or The Starks.

For the next season I'd predict:

Stark story - Arya and Bran returns to Winterfell, Bran tells Jon of his true parentage and he's surprised AF. In retaliation, Littlefinger tries to have Jon killed but Arya slits his throat. Jon hears of Danys invasion in the South and sends a raven to ask is she has any plans for the North, she retorts that as long as they bend the knee they'll be fine. Jon asks for an audience with the Queen and she arrives cus apparently in Season 6 people can teleport and I don't see any reason why that wouldn't happen in Season 7.

Dany arrives and parlays with Jon and he reveals that they are cousins/related to one another and requested a Dragon be posted at Castle Black. Dany at first does not believe them and refuses to post a Dragon where it could be killed without her knowledge but Bran wargs into her and shows her his visions. Dany allows Viserion to be posted at Castle Black and hopes that Jon, as a Targaryen, can keep him under control. She also gives him a few Valyrian Steel swords

The horn of Joramund (The big horn that was apparently burned by Melisandre but it's heavily hinted in the books that this wasn't the true horn but a scare tactic. The real horn was probably the one found with the Dragonglass Cache which may or may not have been lost at Hardhome) is blown by the White Walkers which sends it crashing down and a battle between the occupants of the North and the Whitewalkers ensues. At first Viserion kills a lot of Wights but is killed, leaving the Wights to overpower the Northerners. Just as defeat is around the corner, the Nights King comes to Jon and attempts to parlay (I've always been a fan of the fact that the White Walkers are more intelligent and have more culture than they let on).

The King says that the last of his kind is dying and wishes to seek survival. Jon is furious at this and says that hundreds of innocents died simply because you wanted survival which the Nights King retorts that he had to kill or be killed, just like they had to. Knowing that there are 2 more dragons (Greenseering? Don't see why a White Walker couldn't greenseer) he has to do what he must to survive. Under the agreement that no more innocents will die, he says that he will take on any sick that wish to die, criminals or volunteers to become White Walkers. Jon agrees and that closes the book on that chapter.

Dany/Kings Landing - After the arrival in Dorne and the parlay with the Northerners, Dany heads south gathering any small houses that want to join her and attacks Kings Landing. Cersei is driven mad by power and believes that she can easily win the fight despite the thousands of men surrounding her by land, sea and air. She intends to lure the forces into the city and blow up the rest of the Wildfire. Just as she is about to go through with the plan, Jaimes hand is forced and he has to kill her. This in turn forces her troops to fight with the Targaryens.

Right in the middle of the battle, Dragonmont erupts spewing ash across Kings Landing (Still my thought on what the white stuff is). Jaime emerges and tells his men to lay their weapons down. He drops to his knees and swears fealty to Dany, at first she doesn't believe him and thinks this is a trap but Tyrion vouches for him. Dany enters the throne room only to find it in ruins.

Samwell - I dno, he founds out about the Horn of Joramund or something?

Iron Islands - I think that not all battles can be won by the good guys. In the books Euron has a horn called Dragonbinder that does what it says on the tin. The Targaryen fleet is much bigger than the Iron Fleet yes, but with a dragon or 2 on their side they could destroy a fleet like that. Dany could've done it in Episode 9 with just 3 dragons and no fleet. I think that this could be Theon and Yaras death season.

Anyway, that's my opinion nobody asked for.

I have one question about that episode

Does the Citadel Library get free wifi?

Remember the vision in the second season episode #10 of the throne room in ruin and snow falling on the iron throne?

They've got a lot to cover.

A lot of people believe that that vision didn't show snow falling, but ash. Dragonmont erupted.

If it was caused by the city burning I'd think they'd use a symbolic red. Rather than the blue filter they've used whenever the white-walkers are around.

The good part is that we'll keep guessing until / if it happens.

Guest MonsterFish

If it was caused by the city burning I'd think they'd use a symbolic red. Rather than the blue filter they've used whenever the white-walkers are around.

The good part is that we'll keep guessing until / if it happens.

Well Dragonmont is in Dragonstone, just outside of the Blackwater. An eruption wouldn't cause the city to burst into flames but it certainly would cause other disasters like poisoned waters and infertile crops. Blue can also be used to show desolation and desperation as well, and GRRM has been known to use Red Herrings in his books. Could also represent a (Jon) Snow on the throne.

Archived