5 minutes ago, cciao613 said:

How I finish the "Virgin Training" quest? 8 daedric trust me, I've read the book in Nocturnal's Ritual Chamber and I have the skeleton key.....but now? I have to continue to worship in 7 days?

Yes it never ends. This is so you can continue to switch between virgin and non-virgin.

If you want you can turn off "reporting in" in the MCM.

Hi there

I'm wondering if my game has got stuck somewhere and, if it has, how I might fix it, please?

1: ------------------

Dwemer Devices seem to be one of the issues.  Set a Target for 4, and then Deactivated 2

Below are Screenshots of the Main Menu / MCM showing Quest Info and MCM Stats 

1st Quest Info for Maiden Lib shows the 4 Dwemer Devices activated , 2 deactivated

MCM has a 'greyed out' 2

I know 4 minus 2 = 2, well up to yesterday at least,

2: ------------------

Following that is the Quest Screens for Virgin Training.  It's active, and it implies that I seem to be waiting for Cassia. 

Everywhere I go, she's there before me, but never has any dialogue to move anything on

3: --------------------

The quest screen for Conjuror Contempt is active, but has no target

I know that I can find these myself, but there is no next mod generated target

4: -------------------

No Encounter 'events' happen, although they're not supposed to if Cassia or Nocturnal have things outstanding

===================

I may well have got the storyline a bit out of order 'in my head' and be tackling this in the wrong order, but it doesn't 'feel' quite right 

So do you think anything is squiff, and if 'yes', or even 'no', any advice as to how I might straighten things out

TIA for any help you can give

1249897133_TESV2018-10-1000-24-45-53.jpg.a8c705b2c7350a99b3f27f41ae2aea99.jpg1646659581_TESV2018-10-1000-23-59-84.jpg.67246a0aa2ebdea023e654b54aec9d37.jpg

104662131_TESV2018-10-1000-41-14-65.jpg.61fab0e63ba13840ef1e994090509e71.jpg

1349718369_TESV2018-10-1000-41-26-02.jpg.ce9b5939855a4004a1eb838885910fc2.jpg

TESV 2018-10-10 00-23-59-84.jpg

3 hours ago, donkeywho said:

1: ------------------

Dwemer Devices seem to be one of the issues.  Set a Target for 4, and then Deactivated 2

Below are Screenshots of the Main Menu / MCM showing Quest Info and MCM Stats 

1st Quest Info for Maiden Lib shows the 4 Dwemer Devices activated , 2 deactivated

MCM has a 'greyed out' 2

I know 4 minus 2 = 2, well up to yesterday at least,

No issue here unless I'm not understanding why you think something is wrong. The "4" is not going to decrement.

Following that is the Quest Screens for Virgin Training.  It's active, and it implies that I seem to be waiting for Cassia. 

Everywhere I go, she's there before me, but never has any dialogue to move anything on

That's a problem. Have you tried the Player Reset option in MCM? If that does not fix, show me your papyrus log. 

3: --------------------

The quest screen for Conjuror Contempt is active, but has no target

I know that I can find these myself, but there is no next mod generated target

This could be normal. After you complete one, there will be no "next" until, eventually, the ghost visits you again.

4: -------------------

No Encounter 'events' happen, although they're not supposed to if Cassia or Nocturnal have things outstanding

Yes, so potentially the only issue is #2.

@VirginMarie

Hi again.  Another quick query

I couldn't understand why I still seemed to be unable to get rid of the Bridle Gag after finishing Maiden Liberation

I thought it had gone, but it seemed to keep getting re-equipped, and then eventually couldn't be removed at all.  I've now worked out why  ?

I went back to the save made immediately after deactivating the 2nd Dwemer Device.  There were 3 Bridle Gag keys in my character's inventory.  Later saves showed that I had removed the gag OK and still had 2 keys

But, what was happening was that, because HDT tends to make some devices visually disappear on cell transition etc, I had been using the mod's devices MCM option to reset them without change, & make them reappear OK. Because the gag was still set to 'Bridle', it kept getting re-equipped, I then used up the 3 keys, and next time it was re-equipped, it became irremovable because I had no key :P

Now, I've done a lot in this game since this happened, which I'd prefer not to repeat, so should it be safe just to add [the EDIT] two keys, using 'additemmenu' or the like, unequip the gag, and then set the MCM gag to 'none', so that it doesn't re-equip on any further necessary 'no change' resets?  EDIT: Maybe belt and braces, but I'm assuming I'll need two keys, one to remove it and 2nd to ensure the 'change reset' sees the one left in inventory and realises the quest is now complete

And as the same thing has happened on the Chaurus Chastity Device, can I do the same for that?

Lastly, might it might be worthwhile putting something about this in the FAQ?

TIA for whatever advice you can offer ?

EDIT: A cleaner solution might be to change the MCM Device checks, so that in the Gag Settings the Bridle gag CAN be removed/changed if Maiden Liberation is complete.  That would then only need a specific, one off, check only necessary at any time someone is trying to change those

7 hours ago, donkeywho said:

@VirginMarie

Hi again.  Another quick query

I couldn't understand why I still seemed to be unable to get rid of the Bridle Gag after finishing Maiden Liberation

I thought it had gone, but it seemed to keep getting re-equipped, and then eventually couldn't be removed at all.  I've now worked out why  ?

I went back to the save made immediately after deactivating the 2nd Dwemer Device.  There were 3 Bridle Gag keys in my character's inventory.  Later saves showed that I had removed the gag OK and still had 2 keys

But, what was happening was that, because HDT tends to make some devices visually disappear on cell transition etc, I had been using the mod's devices MCM option to reset them without change, & make them reappear OK. Because the gag was still set to 'Bridle', it kept getting re-equipped, I then used up the 3 keys, and next time it was re-equipped, it became irremovable because I had no key :P

Now, I've done a lot in this game since this happened, which I'd prefer not to repeat, so should it be safe just to add [the EDIT] two keys, using 'additemmenu' or the like, unequip the gag, and then set the MCM gag to 'none', so that it doesn't re-equip on any further necessary 'no change' resets?  EDIT: Maybe belt and braces, but I'm assuming I'll need two keys, one to remove it and 2nd to ensure the 'change reset' sees the one left in inventory and realises the quest is now complete

And as the same thing has happened on the Chaurus Chastity Device, can I do the same for that?

Lastly, might it might be worthwhile putting something about this in the FAQ?

TIA for whatever advice you can offer ?

EDIT: A cleaner solution might be to change the MCM Device checks, so that in the Gag Settings the Bridle gag CAN be removed/changed if Maiden Liberation is complete.  That would then only need a specific, one off, check only necessary at any time someone is trying to change those

Everything is fine because you can...

1. Set gag to none in MCM, and reset or

2. Ask Nocturnal for more keys, if you are still a virgin

Its designed such that you can keep using the device after you complete the quest. So this device is functioning like any other after the quest ends. They all behave this way.

2 hours ago, VirginMarie said:

Everything is fine because you can...

1. Set gag to none in MCM, and reset or

2. Ask Nocturnal for more keys, if you are still a virgin

Its designed such that you can keep using the device after you complete the quest. So this device is functioning like any other after the quest ends. They all behave this way.

Weird.  I could have sworn that I had done that.  Anyway it now looks like that's sorted

And thanks for the earlier reply to my other issues. I did try the player reset on an earlier save and played a while to see if it made any difference, but without any obvious progress.  I'll now try to move the game on further with this change, and see if I can get any success if I play on for a few days, as well as try to sort out some more of the other quest accomplishments as well to see if that helps

Thanks again for your, as ever, very prompt response

That's a problem. Have you tried the Player Reset option in MCM? If that does not fix, show me your papyrus log. 

On 10/10/2018 at 4:42 AM, VirginMarie said:

No issue here unless I'm not understanding why you think something is wrong. The "4" is not going to decrement.

This could be normal. After you complete one, there will be no "next" until, eventually, the ghost visits you again.

Yes, so potentially the only issue is #2.

I tried the solution that you suggested some time ago, and that seems to have fixed everything thanks  ?

Everything now seems back on track. 

But it's Skyrim, so who knows what nasty dragon may be hiding over the horizon :P

2 hours ago, cciao613 said:

I'm doing the quest "tales and tallows" finish the quest "The man who cried wolf" but I can't activate the statue in wolfskull cave, is there a code to skip this mission objective as for game missions? or how I resolve

You don't "activate", you shout (the Love Shout). Just like the first one when Nocturnal taught you.

There is no code to skip. Doing that for most quests in this mod will break.

8 hours ago, fruns75 said:

I can 't get this mod to work, the only mod i have that would cause problems is dibella but shout is below dibella so i dont know what else it could be. Please help

Not enough info to help you.

First, check the Troubleshooting section (link on main page). If that does not help, give me more detail.

4 hours ago, AkiKay said:

Is there an Update planned for the near future ? Im interested what could come next.

Yes.

I'm stripping dependency on ZAP entirely, just like they did for Devious Devices. This will simplify installs, make it more efficient (less scripts running), and other reasons including not trusting the way ZAP is headed. Also, having both DD and ZAP is becoming too many animations for the Skyrim engine to handle.

For content, there's a wish list and the most significant item would be a "punishment maze" used to give new options and variety for when you report in to Nocturnal.

Ugh. My God. I really have to come here again 1 Year later to post this again. But yes. Im still getting killed in the Sepulcher. I heard it was some kind of magical death trap from a reply on my 2017 Post. Godmode doesn´t help. I liturally have to spam Heal Potions in the Console (which makes me crash most of the times) and use tcl to get from place to place. But it has gotten worse. Usually i didn´t die in Cassias cage, but now i do. And since noctural revives me on death, its an infinite Death/resurrection loop. Am i the only one who gets this ? Its such a huge problem. Even if it is a magical trap maze, it doesn´t make sense. 

-Aki

5 hours ago, AkiKay said:

Ugh. My God. I really have to come here again 1 Year later to post this again. But yes. Im still getting killed in the Sepulcher. I heard it was some kind of magical death trap from a reply on my 2017 Post. Godmode doesn´t help. I liturally have to spam Heal Potions in the Console (which makes me crash most of the times) and use tcl to get from place to place. But it has gotten worse. Usually i didn´t die in Cassias cage, but now i do. And since noctural revives me on death, its an infinite Death/resurrection loop. Am i the only one who gets this ? Its such a huge problem. Even if it is a magical trap maze, it doesn´t make sense. 

-Aki

Troubleshooting #24

There is now way that you are going to die in the cage. Something else from some other mod would have to be involved.

On 10/23/2018 at 3:44 AM, VirginMarie said:

Yes.

I'm stripping dependency on ZAP entirely, just like they did for Devious Devices. This will simplify installs, make it more efficient (less scripts running), and other reasons including not trusting the way ZAP is headed. Also, having both DD and ZAP is becoming too many animations for the Skyrim engine to handle.

For content, there's a wish list and the most significant item would be a "punishment maze" used to give new options and variety for when you report in to Nocturnal.

Seems you missed some update from the front, i think the "too many animations" problem is solved. Hugh Reckum (changed his name, can't remember the original one) found that the DD team accidently used way more animation slots than necessary in DDi4.1 and provided a fix, current 4.2 dev version uses even less slots than 4.0, so... ZAP and DD should stay compatible at least for quite a while. I don't necessarily want to discourage you from removing ZAP as dependency, just thought you might want to know that. :)

If somebody reports a problem that sounds like too many animations, upgrading to the dev version might be a good alternative to uninstall animations until release.

For content: Nothing really specific, i think it would be nice to meet Dibella in person, to make her more like an equal opponent. Maybe even one of the other gods, well... encourages her appearence because s/he's unhappy with her/his shrine in Nocturnals chamber? Since there are hardly any Daedrics i'd consider friends with Dibella, this would be hard to balance (for him/her). Even more generally: i'd like more story, but i admit i don't have good ideas for what and how. More punishment as a start sounds good to me too.^^

8 hours ago, Nazzzgul666 said:

Seems you missed some update from the front, i think the "too many animations" problem is solved. Hugh Reckum (changed his name, can't remember the original one) found that the DD team accidently used way more animation slots than necessary in DDi4.1 and provided a fix, current 4.2 dev version uses even less slots than 4.0, so... ZAP and DD should stay compatible at least for quite a while. I don't necessarily want to discourage you from removing ZAP as dependency, just thought you might want to know that. :)

If somebody reports a problem that sounds like too many animations, upgrading to the dev version might be a good alternative to uninstall animations until release.

For content: Nothing really specific, i think it would be nice to meet Dibella in person, to make her more like an equal opponent. Maybe even one of the other gods, well... encourages her appearence because s/he's unhappy with her/his shrine in Nocturnals chamber? Since there are hardly any Daedrics i'd consider friends with Dibella, this would be hard to balance (for him/her). Even more generally: i'd like more story, but i admit i don't have good ideas for what and how. More punishment as a start sounds good to me too.^^

Thanks for the update on too many animations. I still have plenty of other reasons to simplify by removing the ZAP dependency.

Dibella in person eh? Have to think on that one ?

i've tried to play with this mod a few timbes and always seem to run into the same issue. when nocturnal comes to me after i shout, and she does her thing with the torch and explains what it is, her dialogue just ends abruptly and the scene cant be continued, is there a known reason/fix as to why this happens or is it something unusual with my game?

1 hour ago, Elloxyy said:

i've tried to play with this mod a few timbes and always seem to run into the same issue. when nocturnal comes to me after i shout, and she does her thing with the torch and explains what it is, her dialogue just ends abruptly and the scene cant be continued, is there a known reason/fix as to why this happens or is it something unusual with my game?

Install issue. Almost certainly Troubleshooting #3

2 hours ago, VirginMarie said:

Install issue. Almost certainly Troubleshooting #3

ahh, thank you. i'll look into that. i was looking into more of the info, its been so long since i did much skyrim modding that i

didnt realise FNIS had an update, i thought the development of this mod was stopped, but i was still using 6.3 with DD4, i'll see if fixing that sorts out the issue

edit: didnt seem to fix anything, i ran the verify zaz tool from the first tab and nothing happens either, even though i've ran the fnis tool, so something seems very broken somewhere and i realyl have no idea how to go about finding out T_T

edit2: fixed it and understood what i was doing incorrectly

i tried to interact with cassia in the cage to sleep with her, but she just never didi anything, no matter how amny times i tried to talk. i ended up taving to spawn in another copy of her and tolk to her instead, to progress the quest. not sure if this is a problem unique to me but i thought i would report it regardless.

On 8/24/2018 at 4:12 AM, niceboatu said:

I can't say for sure when it is happening because everytime I try to equip my helmet back on, it just unequip itself a few second to a few minutes later. There is no animation triggered, and I am also on busy mode. Turning off busy mode doesn't help. I have all the melting stripping option turned off. The only mod that I can think of is slaverun, which has a stripping enforcer feature. I had been playing slaverun reloaded for a while (without any helmet of course), but the problem persist after I uninstall slaverun. It only got fixed after I uninstall shout like a virgin. I'm gonna try to do a clean save and see if that helps.

Edit: I tried clean save and a very old save (before I had all the sexlab mods), and the helmet unequiped itself again.

Having the same problem and dont have slaverun. And i did follow the golden rule.

Havent even shouted yet to trigger the start.

Tried turning of the halo's. Halo's disapear, but the helmet gets unequiped anyways.

And this started happening only after i installed shout like a virgin.

Love the mod though