File Name: FUK-U

File Submitter: dewguru

File Submitted: 05 May 2016

File Category: Adult Mods

A mod for which game?

It's not a mod, so you should probably fix that Dewguru.

Well based on the upload options, I suppose I could stick it under either Misc or Hentai for the File Category, although neither of those really sing to me either.

Edit: Went with Misc, as the Hentai file category buries the support thread two levels deeper where it looks like people visit only a couple times a month (if it was just one level deeper, like in the Hentai sub-forum, that would have been alright I suppose, but it buries this thread in Hentai Games > Downloads - Hentai. And I'm not talking about the download itself. The support thread gets stuck in that hole, likely to never be seen again. :o

I should be posting an update tomorrow. Change log won't change much, but I'm going to see about slipping in one or two more events.

- Added a basic university policy mechanism
    - Added some more generic random events
    - Added a potential secretary hire
    - Potential sex scene between Secretary and the Dean (males Dean only)

Update posted. Did more than intended, as the overhaul of the build and upgrade method was also done.

- Added a basic university policy mechanism
    - Added some more generic random events
    - Added a potential secretary hire
    - Potential sex scene between Secretary and the Dean (males Dean only)
    - Added another bad ending possibility
    - Overhauled the building creation and upgrade screen, and how it works in general (multiple build levels available)

Ok.  Cool.

Trying it now.

Upgrading buildings...Trying to upgrade Lab...It's at Level 1.  If I upgrade it further than that, it kicks me back to the main menu with no error message.  Just unceremoniously kicks me back to the menu.

Also get error when selecting "Clothing Optional" on policy.  

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/policy.rpy", line 23, in script
    if beach_yes_clothes == 0: # We check first to ensure that a change was indeed made
  File "game/policy.rpy", line 23, in <module>
    if beach_yes_clothes == 0: # We check first to ensure that a change was indeed made
NameError: name 'beach_yes_clothes' is not defined

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "game/policy.rpy", line 23, in script
  File "E:\Games Test\FUK-U\FUKU-0.3-win\renpy\ast.py", line 1648, in execute
    if renpy.python.py_eval(condition):
  File "E:\Games Test\FUK-U\FUKU-0.3-win\renpy\python.py", line 1606, in py_eval
    return py_eval_bytecode(code, globals, locals)
  File "E:\Games Test\FUK-U\FUKU-0.3-win\renpy\python.py", line 1601, in py_eval_bytecode
    return eval(bytecode, globals, locals)
  File "game/policy.rpy", line 23, in <module>
NameError: name 'beach_yes_clothes' is not defined

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 6.99.10.1227
FUKU 0.3

rollback takes you back to game
Ignore takes you back to the game too, but doesn't apply the policy.

Thanks for the quick feedback Sural.

New update hitting soon.

0.3a
    - Added a missing else: statement on the Science Lab building upgrade
    - Corrected a bad variable call on the policy screen for beach attire

New update hitting soon.

0.3a

Another problem is that if you get the discount from the students on the library it won't let you upgrade it to level 2, when I click it it tells me that due to the student contribution I get to pay only 150 but when I click it it doesn't actually upgrade the library, although it does deduct the money. I haven't checked if it would work if I didn't have the discount.

I hope I'm being clear enough.

edit: I just checked and it works just fine when I don't have the discount.

New update hitting soon.

0.3a

Another problem is that if you get the discount from the students on the library it won't let you upgrade it to level 2, when I click it it tells me that due to the student contribution I get to pay only 150 but when I click it it doesn't actually upgrade the library, although it does deduct the money. I haven't checked if it would work if I didn't have the discount.

Hrm. The library discount should only be offered if you don't already have a library built. I'll need to take a look at it, as the discount was set-up before the overhaul, I may need to tweak something.

Because you are taking it that way.  It's an abbreviation for the University.  However I don't know what the initials F.U.K. stand for.   I figure it's a joke, but he hasn't explained the joke yet.

I promise, I will never make the obvious joke again, even if it is so bad that I can't imagine anyone taking me serious.

New update hitting soon.

0.3a

Hrm. The library discount should only be offered if you don't already have a library built. I'll need to take a look at it, as the discount was set-up before the overhaul, I may need to tweak something.

It wasn't offered after I'd built the library, it just didn't go away when I was going to upgrade it.

New update hitting soon.

0.3a

It wasn't offered after I'd built the library, it just didn't go away when I was going to upgrade it.

Ah, that makes sense. After using it, I need to flag it as used. It's one of the first things checked, so it's probably resolving as true constantly - which wasn't an issue at first since there was only creating the library, not upgrading it as well.

New update being posted. Change log below.

0.3b
    - Fixed an issue where if you got the Library discount, that it wasn't clearing after building the Library (and then preventing the upgrades while still taking cash)
    - Added another 21 random events

This one popped up with one of the cafeteria events, I don't remember exactly which because I was clicking through too quickly. (I really shouldn't do that with a new version.)

While running game code:
  File "game/main.rpy", line 202, in script call
    call events_run_period from _call_events_run_period_1
  File "game/event_dispatcher.rpy", line 297, in script call
    call expression _event from call_expression_event_1
  File "game/cafeteria.rpy", line 116, in script
    fStudent2 "Hello Dean [pofLName], would you like to dessert?"
KeyError: u'pofLName'

Full traceback:
  File "C:\Users\David\Desktop\FUKU-0.3a-win\renpy\ast.py", line 604, in execute
    renpy.exports.say(who, what, interact=self.interact)
  File "C:\Users\David\Desktop\FUKU-0.3a-win\renpy\exports.py", line 1122, in say
    who(what, interact=interact)
  File "C:\Users\David\Desktop\FUKU-0.3a-win\renpy\character.py", line 832, in __call__
    what = what_pattern.replace("[what]", sub(what, translate=translate))
  File "C:\Users\David\Desktop\FUKU-0.3a-win\renpy\character.py", line 814, in sub
    return renpy.substitutions.substitute(s, scope=scope, force=force, translate=translate)[0]
  File "C:\Users\David\Desktop\FUKU-0.3a-win\renpy\substitutions.py", line 229, in substitute
    s = formatter.vformat(s, (), kwargs)
  File "/home/tom/ab/x64lucid-deps/install/lib/python2.7/string.py", line 563, in vformat
  File "/home/tom/ab/x64lucid-deps/install/lib/python2.7/string.py", line 585, in _vformat
  File "/home/tom/ab/x64lucid-deps/install/lib/python2.7/string.py", line 646, in get_field
  File "/home/tom/ab/x64lucid-deps/install/lib/python2.7/string.py", line 605, in get_value

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 6.99.10.1227
FUKU 0.3b
Edit: I just came across it again, it happens after I pass the event with a girl enjoying a desert sampler and coffee.

This one popped up with one of the cafeteria events, I don't remember exactly which because I was clicking through too quickly. (I really shouldn't do that with a new version.)

While running game code:

Full traceback:
  File "C:\Users\David\Desktop\FUKU-0.3a-win\renpy\ast.py", line 604, in execute
    renpy.exports.say(who, what, interact=self.interact)
  File "C:\Users\David\Desktop\FUKU-0.3a-win\renpy\exports.py", line 1122, in say
    who(what, interact=interact)
  File "C:\Users\David\Desktop\FUKU-0.3a-win\renpy\character.py", line 832, in __call__
    what = what_pattern.replace("[what]", sub(what, translate=translate))
  File "C:\Users\David\Desktop\FUKU-0.3a-win\renpy\character.py", line 814, in sub
    return renpy.substitutions.substitute(s, scope=scope, force=force, translate=translate)[0]
  File "C:\Users\David\Desktop\FUKU-0.3a-win\renpy\substitutions.py", line 229, in substitute
    s = formatter.vformat(s, (), kwargs)
  File "/home/tom/ab/x64lucid-deps/install/lib/python2.7/string.py", line 563, in vformat
  File "/home/tom/ab/x64lucid-deps/install/lib/python2.7/string.py", line 585, in _vformat
  File "/home/tom/ab/x64lucid-deps/install/lib/python2.7/string.py", line 646, in get_field
  File "/home/tom/ab/x64lucid-deps/install/lib/python2.7/string.py", line 605, in get_value

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 6.99.10.1227
FUKU 0.3b
Edit: I just came across it again, it happens after I pass the event with a girl enjoying a desert sampler and coffee.

Thanks for sharing the error message. I'll get it corrected in the next update.

New update. Overall, it's not big.

However, it's large enough that it now exceeds the upload limit (100MB) for files posted to Lover's Lab. So the file links are to Keep2Share file hosting, and is the only one I'll be posting to since it's the only one I've an active account with.

Once the game is 'done', I'll likely break it into zip parts and upload those to LL. But in the meantime, I'll be using the file service now that we're larger than 100MB.

How hard would it be and would you be willing to post these files to Mega as well? I don't particularly like being limited to 50 kb/s, and I'm certainly not paying to get more download rate on this one site.

Edit: I mean, I know you just said that you won't, but spending half an hour to download a 100 mb file when I could normally do that in about a minute is... extremely annoying.

How hard would it be and would you be willing to post these files to Mega as well? I don't particularly like being limited to 50 kb/s, and I'm certainly not paying to get more download rate on this one site.

Edit: I mean, I know you just said that you won't, but spending half an hour to download a 100 mb file when I could normally do that in about a minute is... extremely annoying.

I've never used Mega before, but I went ahead and did an upload of the Windows FAP-U update to see what it was like.

http://www.megafileupload.com/bc0j/FAPU-0.4-win.zip

I've never used Mega before, but I went ahead and did an upload of the Windows FAP-U update to see what it was like.

http://www.megafileupload.com/bc0j/FAPU-0.4-win.zip

Much better, I actually meant mega . nz but this one works too.

Error message with church event asking for money for the wedding dress commercialization.

While running game code:
  File "game/main.rpy", line 182, in script call
    call events_run_period from _call_events_run_period
  File "game/church.rpy", line 117, in script
    $ wealth += 25
  File "game/church.rpy", line 117, in <module>
    $ wealth += 25
NameError: name 'wealth' is not defined

Full traceback:
    $ wealth += 25
  File "C:\Users\Nrish\Desktop\FAPU-0.4-win\renpy\ast.py", line 806, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "C:\Users\Nrish\Desktop\FAPU-0.4-win\renpy\python.py", line 1577, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec bytecode in globals, locals
    $ wealth += 25

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 6.99.10.1227
FAPU 0.4

Error message with church event asking for money for the wedding dress commercialization.

While running game code:
    $ wealth += 25
    $ wealth += 25

Full traceback:
    $ wealth += 25
  File "C:\Users\Nrish\Desktop\FAPU-0.4-win\renpy\ast.py", line 806, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "C:\Users\Nrish\Desktop\FAPU-0.4-win\renpy\python.py", line 1577, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec bytecode in globals, locals
    $ wealth += 25

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 6.99.10.1227
FAPU 0.4

Ah. Looks like I used the term for money that CK2 uses. Part of the joys of building multiple things at once. I appreciate your bringing it to my attention.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Woo just discovered this  - great game!! Please please please stick with it, can't wait to see it w/ even more content.  Oh, small note, you can't ever tell what policies you have set / if they got set in the current version.  Aside from  that  minor thing, awesome job :)

Archived