Ah. Looks like I used the term for money that CK2 uses. Part of the joys of building multiple things at once. I appreciate your bringing it to my attention.

rofl, that's pretty hilarious I must say. Reason #142 why I don't want to work on my Neverwinter Nights mod while modding CKII.

Is there a valid reason to host the game on k2s.cc? That host is infuriating, first and last time I download something from that source.

Holy crap your right. 40 minutes for 100megs? That should take like 2 minutes. :lol: :lol: :lol:

• 1 month later...

Nicely done! In addition to the already-mentioned wedding dress commercialization error, I've run into a format string problem when attempting to sell a beast from the catacomb:

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/main.rpy", line 182, in script call
    call events_run_period from _call_events_run_period
  File "game/event_dispatcher.rpy", line 297, in script call
    call expression _event from call_expression_event_1
  File "game/catacombs.rpy", line 132, in script
    "My contact was grateful. The student didn't seem to mind much either after I gave them a 10% cut."
TypeError: %c requires int or char

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "game/main.rpy", line 182, in script call
    call events_run_period from _call_events_run_period
  File "game/event_dispatcher.rpy", line 297, in script call
    call expression _event from call_expression_event_1
  File "game/catacombs.rpy", line 132, in script
    "My contact was grateful. The student didn't seem to mind much either after I gave them a 10% cut."
  File "C:\Users\Steve\Downloads\Games\FAPU-0.4-win\renpy\ast.py", line 604, in execute
    renpy.exports.say(who, what, interact=self.interact)
  File "C:\Users\Steve\Downloads\Games\FAPU-0.4-win\renpy\exports.py", line 1114, in say
    what = what % tag_quoting_dict
TypeError: %c requires int or char

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 6.99.10.1227
FAPU 0.4

It looks like "10%" should be "10%%".

Hello.

A couple quick things:

1 - I use Keep 2 Share because I've a lifetime account there. I'd upload it here, but LL has a 100 MB cap on their upload size (at least it did the last time I uploaded a version). I see some folks complaining, but no one has offered a good alternative that won't also be a headache on my end. If someone provides me with a good alternative upload location that doesn't cost me anything, doesn't bitch and moan about my ad-blocker, doesn't try to spawn pop-ups, doesn't need me to download a client-side installer, and doesn't upload at a snails pace, then sure, I'd be happy to consider posting a version at that location also.

2 - For those wondering if this is dead - it isn't. It was hit by the same major hiatus that hit Dark World: Reborn (my CK2 mod). In other words life has eaten up my free time. I'm not sick. I'm just married, with kids, a job, and all of them (wife, kids, job) need more of my time, which I gladly give (well, not so gladly on the job side). There's a little more to it obviously, but that's the general gist of it. I'm not yet ready to begin working on it, as I've only just resumed making some updates to my CK2 mod. However, it has crossed my mind and I've begun thinking about what I want to approach next on it, which is a good sign.

Until then, thanks for those who found it and expressed interest - and thanks to those who are patiently awaiting an update.

The bittorrent protocol could help you for n°1. As long as your archive is clean, there are virtually no risk and as long as somebody is seeding, the spawn will stay alive. I mean, it was designed for just this kind of situation.

I'm not opposed to it, but I won't be the one creating a torrent or seeding it. So someone else would need to put it out there and be willing to update it accordingly as updates come out.

I wouldn't mind seeding. But getting the stuff from keep 2 share is just too bothersome for me. They designed the process to be painful and to provoke the users into subscribing.

Have you looked at google drive or mega?

I'm not comfortable using Google Drive, since I use a fair amount of Google resources and the last thing I want is them getting their panties in a wad for me hosting and sharing adult content / unlicensed content. Especially after their little crack down they did a year or so ago on their blog sites.

Can you shoot me a URL to mega? Someone mentioned it in the past and I uploaded it somewhere that had mega in the name, and it was a pain. Afterwards, the person who recommended it said that I used the 'wrong mega' - but when I search, I see a number of different file host solutions with the word mega in it, and none that say only mega. Point me to the the specific URL and I'll give it a shot.

I wouldn't mind seeding. But getting the stuff from keep 2 share is just too bothersome for me. They designed the process to be painful and to provoke the users into subscribing.

I'm not comfortable using Google Drive, since I use a fair amount of Google resources and the last thing I want is them getting their panties in a wad for me hosting and sharing adult content / unlicensed content. Especially after their little crack down they did a year or so ago on their blog sites.

Can you shoot me a URL to mega? Someone mentioned it in the past and I uploaded it somewhere that had mega in the name, and it was a pain. Afterwards, the person who recommended it said that I used the 'wrong mega' - but when I search, I see a number of different file host solutions with the word mega in it, and none that say only mega. Point me to the the specific URL and I'll give it a shot.

I probably should have actually given you a link shouldn't I?

https://mega.nz/

I probably should have actually given you a link shouldn't I?

https://mega.nz/

Thank you. I've book marked it and I'll see about posting a small update this weekend where we can test it out.

New update. Only a Mega.nz mirror is available right now as Keep 2 Share has decided to be a pain in the ass for me.

Change Log:

- Fixed an error in the church event that involved the Wedding Dress Commercialization - it was using a bad variable name
    - Added more events (both random and story related
    - Added another story based student
    - Fixed an error where a percentage sign needed to be doubled up in order to display properly.

New update. Only a Mega.nz mirror is available right now as Keep 2 Share has decided to be a pain in the ass for me.

Change Log:

- Fixed an error in the church event that involved the Wedding Dress Commercialization - it was using a bad variable name

- Fixed an error where a percentage sign needed to be doubled up in order to display properly.

The Mega.nz link is asking for a decryption key.

Change Log:

Thanks for mentioning this. I went back and after a bit o' reading found out how to make a link that included the decryption key, so, in theory, the new one I just posted should work. (fingers crossed).

Change Log:

Thanks for mentioning this. I went back and after a bit o' reading found out how to make a link that included the decryption key, so, in theory, the new one I just posted should work. (fingers crossed).

good news, it worked.

So glad this is not gone to the winds. Tbh I much prefer Mega. And going through the new version. A certain magic student seem to have a missing image. Else I've found nothing so far :)  

Ah yes. Typo causing that issue. I've fixed it and will release it when I get a few more events added in.

Thanks for the update, Dew! My only real gripe, if you could call it that, is that I'd like more staff based content. Continuations of the Ellie and Gould stuff, but mostly fem / futa dean offering or being coerced into to joining in the sauna gangbang, actually using the gloryhole etc.

Thanks for the update, Dew! My only real gripe, if you could call it that, is that I'd like more staff based content. Continuations of the Ellie and Gould stuff, but mostly fem / futa dean offering or being coerced into to joining in the sauna gangbang, actually using the gloryhole etc.

Well, I realized that I probably bit off more than I should have out of the gate by allowing male/female/futa options.

My intention is to focus more on one - being a male, since that's the content that I appear to most easily be able to obtain. Especially regarding a number of the staff. For many of the NPC's that you can interact with on a potential reoccurring basis, several have no lesbian or futa related artwork, so I'm going to have to be creative in trying to communicate those.

Which since that's harder, means it's a lower priority since my main priority is still fleshing out more random content, although I'm going to try and ensure that each update at least includes a couple events with a named NPC or two.

Need any help with writing? I can try to pitch something mildly related in. 

Dunno. :)

I'd say if you've an idea, shoot me a PM on it.

To be honest, since this game was meant solely as a test ground for me to expand my Renpy knowledge, my approach is heavily, 'oh, that'd be a cool picture to use, let me write something up about it.'

alright, here's a fun idea.

Due to the unique nature of the Catacombs, there would probably be a point where the adventurous students could gear up kind of like in metro 2033 or Last Light, with guns and "modern military" equipment. Or at least, that idea came to mind. 

possible additions include an armory, blacksmith along with the usual stores. Maybe a unique NPC shows up to help run the markets. She could be one of the students or from outside of the school willing to help out

alright, here's a fun idea.

Due to the unique nature of the Catacombs, there would probably be a point where the adventurous students could gear up kind of like in metro 2033 or Last Light, with guns and "modern military" equipment. Or at least, that idea came to mind. 

possible additions include an armory, blacksmith along with the usual stores. Maybe a unique NPC shows up to help run the markets. She could be one of the students or from outside of the school willing to help out

Cool ideas, but that's a lot more complex than I'm presently looking at. Let me get all of the locations set with at least 10 events, some good endings, a couple more bad endings, and wrap up some of the NPC relation/story arcs and then perhaps I'll look at getting a little more fancy like this.

Archived