• 3 weeks later...

Just got this one, was at the infirmary:

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/main.rpy", line 143, in script call
    call events_run_period from _call_events_run_period
  File "game/event_dispatcher.rpy", line 297, in script call
    call expression _event from call_expression_event_1
  File "game/infirmary.rpy", line 63, in script
    menu:
  File "game/infirmary.rpy", line 98, in <module>
    "We've some of the best scientific minds around. Let them handle it." if science_lab > 0:
NameError: name 'science_lab' is not defined

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "game/main.rpy", line 143, in script call
    call events_run_period from _call_events_run_period
  File "game/event_dispatcher.rpy", line 297, in script call
    call expression _event from call_expression_event_1
  File "game/infirmary.rpy", line 63, in script
    menu:
  File "E:\Programs Contained\FAPU-0.72-pc\FAPU-0.72-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1459, in execute
    choice = renpy.exports.menu(choices, self.set)
  File "E:\Programs Contained\FAPU-0.72-pc\FAPU-0.72-pc\renpy\exports.py", line 828, in menu
    if renpy.python.py_eval(condition) ]
  File "E:\Programs Contained\FAPU-0.72-pc\FAPU-0.72-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1749, in py_eval
    return py_eval_bytecode(code, globals, locals)
  File "E:\Programs Contained\FAPU-0.72-pc\FAPU-0.72-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1743, in py_eval_bytecode
    return eval(bytecode, globals, locals)
  File "game/infirmary.rpy", line 98, in <module>
    "We've some of the best scientific minds around. Let them handle it." if science_lab > 0:
NameError: name 'science_lab' is not defined

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 6.99.12.4.2187
FAPU 0.72

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

If you don't mind me asking, what tutorials are you using to learn Ren'py?  I'm trying to make a game myself, but not having much luck finding good tutorials.

Google or Bing searches on specific topics, and looking at how others use it in their projects, for a lot of games - like mine - leave the files in a state where they can be opened and modified as existing RenPy projects.

Small update coming out to address the pair of errors reported.

- Fixed a variable error in the library that's been there for a while, but may be a rarely used choice path since it was only just recently reported by lordkrauser
    - Fixed a variable error in the infirmary, on another rarely used choice path, but was found and shared by _brandi_

- Fixed a variable error in the library that's been there for a while, but may be a rarely used choice path since it was only just recently reported by lordkrauser

- Fixed a variable error in the infirmary, on another rarely used choice path, but was found and shared by _brandi_

So does this mean the game is going to be actively updated again? :D

So does this mean the game is going to be actively updated again? :D

When I've decided that I've no more to add, then I'll post an announcement about it. So while it was definitely in stasis, it wasn't completely dead. :)

This isn't my main focus at all, so it suffers when I'm more in the mood to work on one of the mods or other games I also work on.

There's another small update that I've already begun that should get released. It's not going to have any new game mechanic pieces. It's just a little themed content variety, that I'm hoping to post on Halloween.

Alright, I didn't get this posted last night because Halloween's activities drained me more than I expected.

This isn't really anything big, but it's a few more events that can trigger during the month of October.

- Added some Halloween inspired events. They should only trigger during the month of October.
    - Added some other NPC's that grew from the Halloween events.

• 3 weeks later...

Seems like a nice game. I can't get  the download link to work, could you please help me?

I am very happy that you got some inspiration from AA, that's the same way I stared working. I played hentai highschool by pooloka and wanted to make my own game.

Cheers,

Callius aka. Ashford

8 hours ago, callius said:

Seems like a nice game. I can't get  the download link to work, could you please help me?

I am very happy that you got some inspiration from AA, that's the same way I stared working. I played hentai highschool by pooloka and wanted to make my own game.

Cheers,

Callius aka. Ashford

i can confirm that the link is broken

21 hours ago, cheese130 said:

i can confirm that the link is broken

Weird. I can only guess the new site layout changed as it looks like it altered how the short URL it used worked.

I've updated the link and after testing it, it opened the correct location for me.

Please try it again and let me know if it works now for you.

4 hours ago, dewguru said:

Weird. I can only guess the new site layout changed as it looks like it altered how the short URL it used worked.

I've updated the link and after testing it, it opened the correct location for me.

Please try it again and let me know if it works now for you.

its working now 

thanks

I think that projects like FAPU, Ashford Academy and HHS+ is too much for one person.

I think you should provide some simple way that allow other to contribute to your project.

For example private repo on bitbucket(you can have 5 on free account) and set that any that have link can commit(upload changes to code and images). 

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/21/2017 at 11:51 PM, jer360x said:

I think that projects like FAPU, Ashford Academy and HHS+ is too much for one person.

I think you should provide some simple way that allow other to contribute to your project.

For example private repo on bitbucket(you can have 5 on free account) and set that any that have link can commit(upload changes to code and images). 

I'd agree to a degree.

Ashford (at least the one I've played) is a multiple person created game. Mine was just meant as a little test for getting familiar with Renpy. I've only expanded on it because of interest folks have shown. HHS+, I'm pretty certain that one has had multiple folks work on it too, although it's been so long since I looked at it, I could be wrong.

And I've had folks offer, yet when I get to where I'm ready to work with them - it turns out they're just 'idea' people who have this concept that they can just feed me ideas and then I'll make it all happen. As if I'm not already swamped with more ideas than I've time to make a reality myself.

So, I'm not opposed to it, but I'm not going to waste my time again setting up repositories, only to learn that I don't really have help.

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 5/6/2018 at 12:48 PM, xtremer said:

The download link is missing for me

Isn't really a download link any more from the looks of it. Just a Download button to click on (which then does go to the Mega site where the zip of the game is located).

download_button.jpg

• 7 months later...

Archived