Paradise Halls - Home Sweet Home (SE/LE)

Is this mod very script heavy? I ask because after placing a few too many slaves in my house my game crashes on save/load, but only if I'm saving in or loading into a house with slaves. I can keep 1 or 2 slaves without crashing but any more than that my game becomes very unstable inside the house.

If I leave the house the game runs fine, but if I attempt to enter the house = instant crash.

thats your computer/mod setup not HSH.

musje that would be on brand new game each time i tested it.

ok did a quick check compareing 1.03vs1.05

there are 4 major conflicts between 1.03 hsh and 1.05 hsh.  al 4 of them deal with ai data in 4 voice types for NPC.

1e00d497 pahevoicestubmalenord

1e00d498 pahe voice stub female nord

1e00eb0a pahe voice stub female argonian

1e00eb16 pah voice stub female commoner

not sure if that help.

btw here is the method i tested it.

1. new game without HSH. save game exit after getting a companion and seeing idles work.

2..enable HSH load save that idles worked on.  now not working idles

3. start new game with HSH this time and see if idles work. no chatter idles working save game

4. disable hsh and load save to see if chatter idles work again. and yes they work after its disabled.

tested it without VVE and with VVE. so its not a conflict between those 2. only thing i didnt test was with or without rdo.

ok did a quick check compareing 1.03vs1.05

there are 4 major conflicts between 1.03 hsh and 1.05 hsh.  al 4 of them deal with ai data in 4 voice types for NPC.

1e00d497 pahevoicestubmalenord

1e00d498 pahe voice stub female nord

1e00eb0a pahe voice stub female argonian

1e00eb16 pah voice stub female commoner

not sure if that help.

Not really :) How did you compare the 2 versions?

And what is a "conflict" in this context?

u can compare the 2 versions by simply renameing 1 esp so u can load both.

on those i listed when u look at their aidt-ai data there is a coloum labled unknown. in 1.03 the vvalue is 0 but in 1.05 the value is 25.

only those 4 voices i listed have that all others have them lised as 0 in both.

also in the quest for generic dialogue 1.03 faction is listed as fact:e3008972 but 1.05 is listed as af008972.

If you have issues with the idle dialogues missing, please try the attached .esp. This should overwrite the HSH v1.05 .esp file.

This may also fix the problem with Pardo not finishing the auction.

This version is for testing only!

I recommend not continuing your game with this somewhat untested .esp. After confirming that the idle dialogue bug is fixed (or not), restore the original 1.05 .esp file from the zip in the download section.

PAH_HomeSweetHome.esp

This is not a complain Musje but an attempt at unravelling a puzzle: setting up a new permanent camp is getting weird on me...

I've build one permanent camp already with a cell marker, 4 wall markers and 3 house markers set in 3 different areas (BTW - will slaves travel between different house markers?) Now I've build a new camp in a different place and things didn't go smoothly...

To start with, new camp was build smack over the junction line of two navmeshes and that created problems. So I've moved it to a new location entirely within one navmesh. Things improved but not entirely:

1- when I click on the the token ( and I have only one) in the inventory I'm getting the cage AND the message that the item cannot be equipped (in the old location I was getting two cage cells for the price of one :)  )

2- I can have only one of cell markers, one of wall markers and one of house markers. Any additional ones will stay visible.

3- can't hide even a single bedroom marker.

Now, terrain on which the camp was build was heavily landscaped by the original moder (Dragonborn Estate by cadaha) but can that be the cause?

Your thoughts guys will be appreciated!

1) Not sure about that... there's something stinky going on with these tokens. The last version added something to make sure they work if you have more than one, maybe that gave you a free extra cage.

2) Can you try placing multiple markers right next to each other?

3) Try in aplace where a different type of marker actually worked.

re. 2 and 3: the boundary is not the navmesh, but a "cell" i.e. a square area in the editor.  At some point I will change this to look at the distance to the cage instead, it;s on my list :)

I've deleted my other post because I've started wondering if moder's landscaping might have something to do with markers odd behavior. The whole estate is build on an island and I don't know if he created a new one or leveled an existing one. I did some experimenting and the results are all over the place. In some spots I can hide markers, in others I can't. In some places (terrain) house markers just vanish immediately after placing ( like they are placed on something below the visible ground level). Need to investigate some more...

BTW - is it intentional that I'm able to place multiple markers by repeatedly pressing Enter? 

I've deleted my other post because I've started wondering if moder's landscaping might have something to do with markers odd behavior. The whole estate is build on an island and I don't know if he created a new one or leveled an existing one. I did some experimenting and the results are all over the place. In some spots I can hide markers, in others I can't. In some places (terrain) house markers just vanish immediately after placing ( like they are placed on something below the visible ground level). Need to investigate some more...

BTW - is it intentional that I'm able to place multiple markers by repeatedly pressing Enter? 

I wouldn;t think a modified landscape would affect HSH, but this is Skyrim so who knows :P  You could try building the same setup in an unmodified bit of landscape.

You are supposed to be able to place multiple markers! In a large house / camp you can have multiple cells and tell slaves in which one to stay, same for bedrooms and living rooms. Wall markers are used in training so you'll almost always want more than one.

I wouldn;t think a modified landscape would affect HSH, but this is Skyrim so who knows :P  You could try building the same setup in an unmodified bit of landscape.

You are supposed to be able to place multiple markers! In a large house / camp you can have multiple cells and tell slaves in which one to stay, same for bedrooms and living rooms. Wall markers are used in training so you'll almost always want more than one.

I also wouldn't BUT I've build very similar camp already and I can place as many markers as I want there.

fnDUkGu.jpg

If you have issues with the idle dialogues missing, please try the attached .esp. This should overwrite the HSH v1.05 .esp file.

This may also fix the problem with Pardo not finishing the auction.

This version is for testing only!

I recommend not continuing your game with this somewhat untested .esp. After confirming that the idle dialogue bug is fixed (or not), restore the original 1.05 .esp file from the zip in the download section.

Good news. This esp fixed my issues with the missing idle/random chatter.  :) I havnt had any issues with Pardo finishing the auction in a long time. I did have issues with the random slaves not appearing for the auction. I havnt tried them on my new game yet which started with a fresh install using 1.05. 

Technical question: since house cell and permanent camp markers place 1 cage and bedroll and 1 cell and house markers, do I need 1 cell per slave or can a place with multiple beds be marked as 1 cell?

just 1 marker is for whole house. if house has other zones say a basement u would need to add one for the basement if u want slaves able to go there.  beds u ccan place a marker for bedroom if u us ein a house.

Sorry if I missed this, but is it possible to have a taskmistress train up anger and fear via HSH? I'm running 1.05 and can get 100% training on the other attributes except for these two. :-/

Nope. HSH doesn't do anything with those 2 traits.

so musjie what was it that was preventing the idles?

There's a few greeting / chatter topics in HSH. In 1.04, an empty one appeared with no conditions so it applied to all NPCs and apparently blocked certain chatter. I don't know where it came from, my theory is that I left the laptop with CK open and the cat took a nap on it :)

I have to tell you musjie that I have to use debug (snap out of it) command much more often than I used to. When I visit a camp or a house cell some slaves require debugging only once in a while, but on some (and they tend to be the same ones) I have to do it repeatedly almost every minute or so.

Any idea how soon we can get a new stable esp to use ? :)

I'll release it as 1.06 this weekend.

I have to tell you musjie that I have to use debug (snap out of it) command much more often than I used to. When I visit a camp or a house cell some slaves require debugging only once in a while, but on some (and they tend to be the same ones) I have to do it repeatedly almost every minute or so.

Are these slaves under management of a taskmaster, or ar they being trained in combat?

For me at least, I pretty much never use "Snap out of it", figuring interrupting a script is risky.

Mine usually resolve themselves in a minute or two; maybe also leaving the house and coming back in.

Especially on a Trainer, a short wait helps me. I expect they are processing slave lists.

It's a permanent camp, no taskmaster yet and general training. On the other hand, it seems to be mostly happening in that cursed Dragonborn Estate camp which gave me so much trouble before. Maybe it was build over an old Indian burial ground? :)

Will have to have a closer look. Or just move that damn camp somewhere else...

I'm smashing bugs in my skyrim mod lists.

Are there any reports of vanilla player homes resetting items in conjunction with this mod? I'm using Jaxonz's positioner to lock down items such as plates and cups, and they seem to become movable again after a month. I'm not sure if this is a result of this mod, a limitation of JP, or some skyrim wizardry that almost seems intelligent...

EDIT:

I'm going to add this post script. I'm using Wrye Bash and I changed some settings in one of the options menus, when building my patch. I was forcing my player homes to reset clutter. I need to pay strict attention to the programs I'm running. Silly mistake.