Just wanted to say I think your usage of mill wheels to implement a conveyor belt is inspired. I look forward to seeing this mod develop!

Bit of feedback: this mod currently removes LOD meshes from a couple of vanilla statics: FarmLumbermill01 and DwPlatBgStairSingle01. If you need to use versions of these without LOD meshes, I'd recommend making a copy of the vanilla static, then using that instead, rather than editing the default statics which might be used by other mods with the expectation that they have working LOD meshes.

Using 0.44 here, the dialog still doesn't start on its own. But, I can finally start the quest with "startquest rr_introductions". Unfortunately I can't reset the dialogue using the reset option for some reason. Also the stairs are still silly in that you can only get up them while jumping, unless you don't mind hold down the key and waiting for your character to slowly ascend.

By the way, I didn't notice the vacbeds from the bars at the entrance anymore?

Just wanted to say I think your usage of mill wheels to implement a conveyor belt is inspired. I look forward to seeing this mod develop!

Bit of feedback: this mod currently removes LOD meshes from a couple of vanilla statics: FarmLumbermill01 and DwPlatBgStairSingle01. If you need to use versions of these without LOD meshes, I'd recommend making a copy of the vanilla static, then using that instead, rather than editing the default statics which might be used by other mods with the expectation that they have working LOD meshes.

Oh no!! typically I've been doing that. Thanks for the tip, I'll duplicate them next release.

edit: upon further thought, there's no reason the LOD meshes would have been intentionally modified by me for any reason. DwPlatBGstairSingle01 isn't even actively used in my mod... hmm...

I'll have to investigate why that's happening. I'm not sure that's the water wheel I'm using for the conveyor either. I don't doubt that my mod is to blame, but it's not something I'm intentionally doing.

Using 0.44 here, the dialog still doesn't start on its own. But, I can finally start the quest with "startquest rr_introductions". Unfortunately I can't reset the dialogue using the reset option for some reason. Also the stairs are still silly in that you can only get up them while jumping, unless you don't mind hold down the key and waiting for your character to slowly ascend.

By the way, I didn't notice the vacbeds from the bars at the entrance anymore?

Right, they're in the conveyor belt room, but there's a door through the grate now, and a door into the conveyor belt room so you can get up close.

Still baffled by the quest dialog not working for you--in console can you do "resetquest rr_introductions?" it does the exact same thing.

In the future I can fix the stairs to make them more practical, but for now they're a decent proof of concept.

Looking good. I did find that the textures on the back of the vacbeds had gone invisible, but I think that's on my end. Not an issue with .44

Don't know what your plans are, but that conveyor gave me a couple of thoughts. Another guard has it in for you and one day its "Oops, she must've tripped to end up falling onto the conveyor like that" From there, robotic arms extend and take hold of the PC at ankles, wrists and neck, more arms descend and remove all clothing and jewelry, on to a full depilation spray and so on until she becomes one of the "subjects"

Which is another idea. She signs up for something, don't know what to call it, but its misleading, and so she gets led off to the conveyor and ends up a "subject". She gets kidnapped and "put in storage". There's quite a few possibilities. :-)

And I see you're already working on those. Next time, I'll check the latest release before posting :-D

@farmthis

Quest "RR_INTRODUCTIONS" not marked as "Start Game Enabled" in CK and nowhere is not called, so only runs from the console.

Scripts : Papyrus.0.log

[11/06/2016 - 01:08:27PM] Cannot open store for class "TIF__010049CB", missing file?

The introductions quest is supposed to trigger upon the entrance to the cell 0_Rubber_Room, but I can go back to it being enabled by default now that I have an SEQ file, perhaps that is best.

What about different bodies for the subjects?

I saw the notices on the ground at the exterior entrance. Have you checked Notice Board as a way of putting them in the world?

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/70142/?

Advert:

Want to lift all those sagging bits?

Get rid of those wrinkles?

How about that buffalo butt you got?

Got enough cellulite to open a paper mill?

Then come visit Farmthis Technologies!!

We use the best in recovered Dwemer technology combined with the most effective magics known to Man and Alt in a full body treatment to give you the body you always fantasized about.

(job openings available)

I'm very curious to see where this mod will go! There are never enough rubber mods!

Can I ask if you're still planning to animate the vacbeds? Or have you given up on that?

For now, I'm kind of stalled out on it. I never got the animations working quite right (or those that I didn't weren't compatible with skyrim) and even though I have a good idea for making what is effectively a "stretched catsuit" for the bed surface, I'm still not able to export KF files for custom animations.

I'm but sure if I have the right edition of havok content tools either, and the learning curve is savage, so as close as I've gotten, I've slid back a bit in my understanding too. So, I will be postponing for a bit, but I absolutely intend to someday learn the skill of making custom animations/poses for custom models/clothing. Then it breaks everything wide open.

For now though, I'm having a good time familiarizing myself with creation kit.

Looking good. I did find that the textures on the back of the vacbeds had gone invisible, but I think that's on my end. Not an issue with .44

Don't know what your plans are, but that conveyor gave me a couple of thoughts. Another guard has it in for you and one day its "Oops, she must've tripped to end up falling onto the conveyor like that" From there, robotic arms extend and take hold of the PC at ankles, wrists and neck, more arms descend and remove all clothing and jewelry, on to a full depilation spray and so on until she becomes one of the "subjects"

Which is another idea. She signs up for something, don't know what to call it, but its misleading, and so she gets led off to the conveyor and ends up a "subject". She gets kidnapped and "put in storage". There's quite a few possibilities. :-)

And I see you're already working on those. Next time, I'll check the latest release before posting :-D

We think a lot alike! The player will probably get asked to repair the conveyor belt--there will be some sort of breakdown in the back room with the gears, and there will be a variety of gears/valves to interact with, fix, and it draws you deeper and deeper into the machine toward the trap.

It'll be hard to make it a reliable trap however.

I would LIKE this trap to be the player's first glimpse of the prisoners in the vacbeds. Probably as the result of taking the path of the naive employee, who up until that point only did very basic tasks. So, after going down the conveyor, yeah, The PC will get processed like a prisoner and deposited in the basement all locked up. There, the warden (or other NPC) will find the player, and be presented a choice. Or maybe no choice. Depending on earlier choices it will either be an accident or a setup.

One thing I have to still add... is an additional entrance or two to the conveyor belt.

Oh--and the job notices outside are just placeholders, I was experimenting with making the door inaccessible before interacting with the note. (Didn't work yet.)

Hmmmm .... multiple ways of getting caught, perhaps?

What about a spa type place above as a cover? A secret entrance that is accidentally discovered. Being ignorant of things, she drops down through a hatch that she thinks will let her into .... hmmmm a treasure vault? A service corridor ... she has been hired to find evidence of some nefarious goings on behind the scenes of the spa. Gets trapped with the obvious end results. Oh! At the end, she learns that her captor is the very same person who hired her! Damn. Just spoiler'd myself :P

The vengeful guard, of course.

Maybe as an option via Simple Slavery? Death Alternative? Defeated in battle, sold to <whatever you'll name it> to do with as they will

Btw, rather than being deposited in a cell, what about a full processing right to being encased in a vacbed herself. That glimpse she gets becomes a glimpse of her fate.

In that case the conveyor needs to drive by a couple of empty vacbed spots, so she could see her future home as well.

You're absolutely right. even if I eventually redo the vacbed, it wouldn't be too much trouble to add an empty bed static for now. It has been on my to-do list for awhile.

Edit: I also want to bring in some 3D lettering/numbering. Kinda need to number prisoners, right? Maybe use that as some foreshadowing for the empty spot.

Is it possible to "snap a pic" of the character at some point? There she is, caught, held by the machinery, being moved along by the conveyor ... looking to the side, she sees the occupied vacbeds, each with a picture of the face of its occupant. At the end of the row are empty vacbeds, and above the next to be filled is HER picture ...  :o 

Well that would be probably easy, if  you just let the player screenshot their character and then put that into the filetree in the right place with the right name

Or maybe get the character to stand in a particular spot for some reason? Is it possible to capture from the ingame camera in that situation?

I don't believe there's a way to do something like this.

I could instead do some foreshadowing by including a "guard uniform" with a number on it that corresponds with a vacant vacbed with an identical prisoner number.

On that note, building a vacant bed is well underway. It's tricky to make a mesh that looks like a flap of latex however.

To be more clear than my release notes--you can now look at many of the custom objects in the dungeon and hit "e" to inspect them. This includes a a line or two of description about, say, the new empty vacbed or the sex machine working over the prisoner one bed over.

This will likely be the groundwork of a "tour" quest where the warden walks the player through the dungeon, allowing the player to inspect somewhat at will, room by room.

Outcomes of this quest would likely be imprisonment unless dialog along the way is overwhelmingly enthusiastic over what they're seeing.