fallout 4 CKis not out yet ?

fenrir19

I don't expect its release till AT LEAST after the date listed for the last of the 3 announced DLC's to be honest (otherwise they would have put a release date on it, rather than giving the same kind of political non-answer that they originally gave us with "early 2016").

So don't hold your breath... If DLC is coming out before the motherf*cking GECK (no, I REFUSE to call it the "Creation Kit"...), then their priorities are made perfectly clear: modding is not important to them, only $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$.

Also, all the DLC content announced is stuff modders could have easily made with the damn tool they have yet to release - DLC is supposed to be stuff we CAN'T do FFS (i.e. like Crossbows or new Perk Trees for Vampire Lords and Werewolves in Skyrim's case...).

Guest Mogie56

Well like CDPR always says "When it's done". and what company isn't out to make as much money as they possibly can? all developers tease to get more money not just Bethesda. at least they haven't given unrealistic release dates and then had to delay there releases like every other developer on the planet has done in recent years. but I suppose this is just another thread aimed at posting negative crap about Beth and there games. It's surprising how many threads have been put up for just that reason and yet there games are still bought by the very people complaining the most.

I don't expect its release till AT LEAST after the date listed for the last of the 3 announced DLC's to be honest (otherwise they would have put a release date on it, rather than giving the same kind of political non-answer that they originally gave us with "early 2016").

So don't hold your breath... If DLC is coming out before the motherf*cking GECK (no, I REFUSE to call it the "Creation Kit"...), then their priorities are made perfectly clear: modding is not important to them, only $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$.

Also, all the DLC content announced is stuff modders could have easily made with the damn tool they have yet to release - DLC is supposed to be stuff we CAN'T do FFS (i.e. like Crossbows or new Perk Trees for Vampire Lords and Werewolves in Skyrim's case...).

Or, you know, it could be that the 'CK' would have dependencies on that DLC, just a thought.

After they release any kind of modding support in the form of a CK, any argument stating that they 'have no interest in modding whatsoever' is made completely invalid. And considering the past support offered by Bath. I consider your entire point completely invalid.

I come from the Doom3 modding community, trust me, we had it a lot harder than FO modders, with ZERO, ziltch documentation. And we still ended up creating big mods like TDM and total conversion games. Modding support is actually something recent, as in the last 7 years or so, when I started modding for Duke Nukem 3D, Doom (using BUILD), there was nothing, not even Internet.

ANY kind of tool, release, or modding support is extra and should certainly not be counted as part of a package. They're selling a game, not a game creation kit, allright?

What a pessimist, I bet you are fun at parties. They said Q1 2016, and its still February. They have until the end of March to get it out while staying true to their word. Its not a "non-answer" its THE answer.

And I dont know how you can even consider the notion that modding is not important Bethesda.

Also, yeah maybe modders could make what Bethesda is doing for DLC, but would it be as polished? I am much happier getting it from them. It can only benifit us. You should take a step back and look at the bigger picture.

-snip-

I come from the Doom3 modding community, trust me, we had it a lot harder than FO modders, with ZERO, ziltch documentation. And we still ended up creating big mods like TDM and total conversion games. Modding support is atually somcething recent, as in the last 7 years or so, when I started modding for Duke Nukem 3D, Doom (using BUILD)...

I'd say mod support becoming more commonplace is a recent development, but some companies have been into it for longer than 7 years. Look at Morrowind, I mean, that came out 14 years ago.

Guest Mogie56

Or, you know, it could be that the 'CK' would have dependencies on that DLC, just a thought.

After they release any kind of modding support in the form of a CK, any argument stating that they 'have no interest in modding whatsoever' is made completely invalid. And considering the past support offered by Bath. I consider your entire point completely invalid.

I come from the Doom3 modding community, trust me, we had it a lot harder than FO modders, with ZERO, ziltch documentation. And we still ended up creating big mods like TDM and total conversion games. Modding support is actually something recent, as in the last 7 years or so, when I started modding for Duke Nukem 3D, Doom (using BUILD), there was nothing, not even Internet.

ANY kind of tool, release, or modding support is extra and should certainly not be counted as part of a package. They're selling a game, not a game creation kit, allright?

Freelancer had ZERO modding support from the Developer DigitalAnvil/Microsoft, all tools had to be made by the community, all assets outside of the game itself had to be made by the community, multiplayer servers etc. all setup by the community. there are still MP-servers and modding going on 13 years later. No moaning, no crying. I made a load of ships w/collision sucked at textures but got it done just the same. But it seems Video Games have gone from a form of entertainment to an entitlement genre. and it's just plain sad.    

Guest fullyoba

most funny fact, as far as i know, fallout 4 has outstanding sales, comparing even to whole industry, and why don't the say ''well we got good money wave, so we can patch game and release geck faster'', but this isnt happening, it may point to two conclusions: first, they don't give a f**k, and second - not many men are working with fallout 4 now, they put money and people into boosting the development of next tes game. i want to beleive it is the second case.

Archived