fallout 4 CKis not out yet ?

fenrir19

Guest Mogie56

Zenimax patted Todd on the back pretty hard for Skyrims billion dollar success, if even half of what you say comes to pass they may just shove that lifetime achievement award up his ass. this shit would mean a disaster for Bethesda GS because their fan base (People that throw their money at them) would drop like a freaking lead balloon. If they are that far off the pulse of the community there won;t be a light at the end of that tunnel.

I may just go back to playing Earth and Beyond emu. :)

Oh my god. *this* again.

Why don't we fucking wait until the GECK is released to start this 'paid modding' witch hunt. I'm so sick of hearing it and it's hijacked a retarded amount of threads.

Still hoping to hear something about the GECK around march or april. Probably April, but we'll probably hear something about it in march or when the first DLC drops. From what I know of that first DLC, it sounds pretty cool (Taming a Deathclaw? YES!) (second DLC. Whoops) First one is 'kill robots and use their parts to build your own'. That sounds pretty basic, or addable via mods, but I think it's DLC more for additional assests to be used and less for the design. What I really need right now though is DLC in Galactic Civilizations that's worth downloading. GC3 DLC? Bloody hell, talk about lazy and greedy

EDIT: Finally found it. Todd interview on the 22nd, just another versions of the thing Doc clox and Volo pointed out. he doesn't mention the GECK or CK specifically, all he mentions is 'it'. If nothing else I imagine we will see the framework (But I'll be optimistic and say this mystery 'it' is the GECK. What if it's a new name... the ICT (Institute Creation Tool?) :P)

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2016/02/22/todd-howard-discusses-fallout-4-dlc-mods-amp-survival-mode.aspx

Monetized modding is not the focus here.  And yes, licensing is very retarded.  That's why all successful corporations use it.

All I'm doing is reading the FO4 EULA for what it is.  I'm not making this shit up.  The license says what it says.  It doesn't matter if people like it or not; if they install the game and use editor software the license will bind them.  People getting upset doesn't change reality and it's on them if they are too hard-headed see the legal possibilities, restrictions and facts.

Nowhere in this thread have I stated that Bethesda will exercise the license to the fullest or do what they are legally allowed to do.  All I've done is point out the possibilities.  And no one has to wait for the CK to be released for them to see Bethesda's legal claim in black and white.

FO4 EULA

I think the big driver behind the EULA changes will likely turn out to be paid modding again.

One of the factors that derailed the last attempt was the fact that so many infrastructure mods were owned by people who opposed the paid modding scheme. So we had DLC takedowns served against for-pay mods that used other modders' resources without getting permission to use them commercially. Of course if Beth own the rights, that problem goes away and the only real legal challenge we have against the practice vanishes.

I believe we can see the same thinking at work with DLC like Wasteland Workshop and Automawhatsit where we see Beth publishing content packs that contain some very useful infrastructure (from a modders' point of view) and making sure that they have their imprint on it. That also helps alleviate any possible legal challenge to the terms of the EULA, and even if they don't go the paid mod route, the fact that so many mods are going to depend on these packs means that everyone using one of those mods will need the DLC, so beth get their tithe anyway. Not that that's a bad thing if they do it that way, of course.

I should probably point out that while I'm aware that Beth have said there are no plans for paid mods in F4, plans can change. They could leave it a year and then announce that they were bringing back paid mods by "popular demand". (Which would probably mean that they'd hired a guy called "Joe Popular" and paid him to demand it...)

I'm not worried the CK forcing upload to beth.net, incidentally. I'm assuming you'd still need to package up the mod and submit it, and if so all a modder needs to do is archive it outside the CK and upload the file elsewhere. They could use the approach of "mirroring everything to the cloud", but then they'd need to test everything to see what was release ready; at best that would get them a copy of anything released elsewhere ... and they can just download from Nexus in that case. They could, potentially, require digital signing on all esp and bsa2 files before the engine would load them and only apply the signing at the server end. That sounds like a lot of work for very little return though.

What they could do (if they really wanted to piss everyone off) would be use their ownership of F4 mods to issue takedown notices against sites like Nexus. Or LoversLab for that matter given that we're probably a far softer target. Keep your eyes open for someone trying to pressure Beth into DMCAing all the F4 material on LL on grounds of political correctness.

Assuming you're talking about this interview:

I don’t think anyone thought of Bethesda Game Studios as a multi-game studio, and then you did Fallout Shelter and Fallout 4. Now you’re saying you’re stepping up the efforts to three games. What can you tell us about this switch?
We’ve always kind of overlapped stuff, but I guess we’re doing more now than we ever have. [The projects] aren’t all the same scale, but they are longer term. We’re also doing DLC, and Fallout Shelter, creation kit, and mod stuff, updating the game – we’ve got a lot going on.

That's the only mention Todd makes of the Creation Kit. They're working on it - no mention of a delivery date. And we knew they were working on it already.

When can we expect to see mods, especially on console side?
Our goal is between the first two DLCs. It’ll go up at that time on PC. In April. All of that stuff will go up on PC. People are beta testing it. There’ll be a lag on consoles. We want to get it up on PC and have it work. It’ll probably be a good month before it hits Xbox One, and another month for PlayStation 4.

And that's the only mention he makes of an April deadline. Notice that the Creation Kit is not mentioned in that context.

I want to see the CK as much as you do. But he didn't actually say what you seem to think he said.

Guest Mogie56

Like always, he ain't sayin, not gonna say. it will be out when it's out. round about way of saying nothing. Of course you have to consider who took notes, who typed it up, who edited it and who published the article. By the time it gets to your eyes it could have changed a half dozen times. The guy asked about when we might see mods, specifically on console. he didn't ask about the "CK" hell we already have mods without it. And Todd never mentioned the CK. he only answered the guy's specific question about when mods may be seen on "Console". but said it has to be on the PC first. That gives them plenty of breathing room in case of fuck-ups. More then likely it's been ready since after the game release but it has to work with beth.net and more then likely bethesda. net is going to change drastically when it does, or one would hope.

Like always, he ain't sayin, not gonna say. it will be out when it's out. round about way of saying nothing.

Well yeah. He didn't say anything. We might see a CK in April and we might not.

All I'm saying is expectations management: let's not get too invested in the idea that it'll be released in April, because he hasn't actually said that.

Guest Mogie56

Oh I agree, he's hyping it without actually saying much. the more people are "wanting it and expecting it" the less likely they are to actually read between the lines.

Archived