[mod] [CK2] Dark World: Reborn - Updated 13APR2024

Bah. It'll be about another hour. I just had a "No Guts, No Glory" moment. Creatures of the Night will also include some Hunt events for those who opt to be a werewolf.

Zero on the Vampire content for this - outside of the option to have the vampire trait.

Present plans.

I'm working on Dark World Court and Commerce. It's going to be a combination of some of the court / ruler style events, and buildings with their events - to include the brothel.

The only one that isn't likely to make its way into this the Slavery system. I've a volunteer who's going to take a stab at coding the Slavery part, and I think it'd be best as it's own mod - since it's one of those parts that folks either do or don't use. I won't name drop the volunteer's name at this point, just because if life hits them and they're not able to finish, then it's alright.

The goal is to release what I have done for the Court and Commerce mod this weekend. Then I'm going to start swinging back through each of the other mods and adding a little bit more into them. Right now, little chunks feels like the best way to keep making progress, as if I aim too big, there's a high chance of me getting side tracked again by work, coaching, or one of my side projects and going weeks without an update again.

So, look at the change logs and decide if it's worth you using it or not.

No, I meant the event to become Lilith's child or futanari in the intrigue tab.

The Character Campaign Style Selection?

The event is rather compactly written and clear. Anything I could diagnose at the given point with the given information is an incompatability with another mod you run.

Example:

If you are running "A Game of Thrones" you have to alter the Dark World mods itself since AGOT overrides the pathing and mods that are not submods are not compatible on their own. If you have both enabled in the launcher essentially only AGOT is loaded and Dark World is ignored because the game can not find the mod files.

The way to do it is to open the .mod files and add dependancies = { " A Game of Thrones " } to it.

how do i get the events i'm only getting the beauty and the beast and the merchant  

Build the brothel and you can implement a decision. Same with embracing lilith where you can hold the Blood Moon Ritual.

Other than that I fear you are pretty much outa luck. As I said before this mod is a complete rewrite and does not include most of the old events.

You can look onto the mod page where dewguru has linked an unofficial patch to implement the old 1.25 events, decisions, buildings, monsters, monster hunters, devines, religion ...

This version of the mod is FAR from complete.

where do u build the brothel

In castle holdings and if I'm not mistaken in city holdings, too.

In tribal holdings it is not possible to build a brothel.

I'm not sure about the city holdings as I'm using the 1.25 unofficial patch as well as this mod and at least in the old version we could built a red light district ...

Hi!

I'm curious to see if this is something on my end or if this happens to others.

When I have the Creatures of night mod enabled my ck2 kind of flips out. Most noticeably the game runs very slow compared to when I don't have the mod on (but still have all the other dark world reborn mods enabled).

From what I can see, it seems as if almost all the adult women in the game is gaining the "Werewolf Bitch" modifier. They don't have it at the start, and as far as I bother to play (12 may, 769) not everyone gets it, but around 90% or something gets the modifier. As a female ruler I don't seem to get it.

Men seem to be dying like flies. I noticed this because the rulers of France and the caliphate owns about all the counties in their land. When I check the history of any given title most people have been murdered by their own orders, in less than one months time between each others, and sooner or later (mostly sooner) the title goes to the liege, unless it's a women holding the title, they don't seem to murder themselves. In the time of about half a year the current caliphate owner has a demesne of 398/5

So yeah... it's pretty weird (but also kind of hilarious). But good luck with the mod! I really liked it when I tried it earlier.

Edited by Sraigan

Yeah, dew. Everyone is murdering themselves now. I updated to the core to test creatures of the night, now everyone in my counsil and vassls are assasinating themselves. I'm going to go through the coding, see if I can release a ghetto fix

Hi!

When I have the Creatures of night mod enabled my ck2 kind of flips out. Most noticeably the game runs very slow compared to when I don't have the mod on (but still have all the other dark world reborn mods enabled).

From what I can see, it seems as if almost all the adult women in the game is gaining the "Werewolf Bitch" modifier. They don't have it at the start, and as far as I bother to play (12 may, 769) not everyone gets it, but around 90% or something gets the modifier. As a female ruler I don't seem to get it.

Men seem to be dying like flies. I noticed this because the rulers of France and the caliphate owns about all the counties in their land. When I check the history of any given title most people have been murdered by their own orders, in less than one months time between each others, and sooner or later (mostly sooner) the title goes to the liege, unless it's a women holding the title, they don't seem to murder themselves. In the time of about half a year the current caliphate owner has a demesne of 398/5

So yeah... it's pretty weird (but also kind of hilarious). But good luck with the mod! I really liked it when I tried it earlier.

Hrm. It almost sounds like the decision isn't filtering things properly in your game. Did you start from a save or start new?

Hi!

Hrm. It almost sounds like the decision isn't filtering things properly in your game. Did you start from a save or start new?

I started a new game from 769.

I don't now if this is related, but in my crusader kings II folder, I get multiple folders of 'Dark World Reborn Data', with each successive one adding an '_Dark World Reborn Data' to the folder name.

Hi!

I started a new game from 769.

I don't now if this is related, but in my crusader kings II folder, I get multiple folders of 'Dark World Reborn Data', with each successive one adding an '_Dark World Reborn Data' to the folder name.

I just reproduced it. Right now I'm not certain what's causing it. I can see that Fenris isn't getting the flag like he's supposed to that is supposed to limit the action to only once a year.

I'll poke it some. I probably am just missing something obvious.

event 1010, Fenris's hunt. Removing this event seems to remove the problems

# .1010 Fenris hunts (Fenris)
character_event = {
    id = DWNight.1010
    hide_window = yes # Nothing to see here
    is_triggered_only = yes # triggered by targeted decision
    immediate = {
        if = { # If it is an adult female, that isn't an alpha bitch, Fenris will dominate her
            limit = {
                FROM = {
                    is_female = yes
                    is_adult = yes
                    NOT = { has_character_modifier = dw_alpha_bitch }
                }                
            }
            FROM = {
                add_character_modifier = { name = dw_werewolf_bitch duration = -1 } # Fenris makes her a bitch to be bred
                character_event = { id = DWCore.9000 } # Check to see if she gets knocked up
                opinion = {
                    modifier = dw_opinion_ima_bitch # She recognizes Fenris as her dominator
                    who = ROOT
                }
            }
            opinion = {
                modifier = dw_opinion_my_bitch # He recognizes her has his cattle
                who = FROM
            }
            break = yes # We exit out of the immediate block
        }
        # Anyone else is killed. Alpha bitch, child, etc. To Fenris if you're not a supporter or a breeder, you're better off dead.
        FROM = {
            death = {
                death_reason = death_murder
                killer = ROOT
            }
        }
    }
}

That's all I can figure, right now.

EDIT: Went in and modified a file. check this out, it's the DW_nnight_descisions file, the last one. I added the      ROOT = { trait = werewolf_ancient } under allow, it seems to fix my problems

targetted_decisions = {
    ### Fenris Specific
    # Fenris hunts
    dw_fenris_hunt = {
        filter = self
        ai_target_filter = court
        from_potential = {
            trait = werewolf_ancient # Fenris specific trait
            prisoner = no # No hunting from behind bars
            NOT = { trait = in_hiding } # No hunting while hiding
            NOT = { has_character_flag = dw_fenris_hunt_cooldown } # We'll remove Fenris's hunt cool down on an annual basis
            personal_opinion = { who = ROOT value = 0} # Has no positive opinion of the target so the target may have no long term use
        }
        potential = {
            ai = yes # We don't want Fenris hunting the player via this event
            NOT = { trait = werewolf } # Fenris doesn't purge his pack via the hunt
            NOT = { has_character_modifier = dw_werewolf_bitch } # Fenris won't remove breeding stock
            NOT = { trait = vampire_ancient } # Vladimir and Fenris shouldn't come to conflict via a quick and dirty event like this
        }
        allow = {
            ROOT = { trait = werewolf_ancient }
            personal_opinion = { who = FROM value = 0} # Target has no positive opinion of Fenris - making them a potential threat to be cleansed
        }
        effect = {
            FROM = {
                character_event = { id = DWNight.1010 }  # Fenris hunts the target
                set_character_flag = dw_fenris_hunt_cooldown # Removed during an annual on_action event
            }
        }
        revoke_allowed = {
            always = no
        }
        ai_will_do = {
            factor = 1 # Percentage based, we're assuming that Fenris will always hunt when given the chance
        }
    }

event 1010, Fenris's hunt. Removing this event seems to remove the problems

# .1010 Fenris hunts (Fenris)

character_event = {

id = DWNight.1010

hide_window = yes # Nothing to see here

is_triggered_only = yes # triggered by targeted decision

immediate = {

if = { # If it is an adult female, that isn't an alpha bitch, Fenris will dominate her

limit = {

FROM = {

is_female = yes

is_adult = yes

NOT = { has_character_modifier = dw_alpha_bitch }

}                

}

FROM = {

add_character_modifier = { name = dw_werewolf_bitch duration = -1 } # Fenris makes her a bitch to be bred

character_event = { id = DWCore.9000 } # Check to see if she gets knocked up

opinion = {

modifier = dw_opinion_ima_bitch # She recognizes Fenris as her dominator

who = ROOT

}

}

opinion = {

modifier = dw_opinion_my_bitch # He recognizes her has his cattle

who = FROM

}

break = yes # We exit out of the immediate block

}

# Anyone else is killed. Alpha bitch, child, etc. To Fenris if you're not a supporter or a breeder, you're better off dead.

FROM = {

death = {

death_reason = death_murder

killer = ROOT

}

}

}

}

That's all I can figure, right now.

Yes, that's the event that's triggering, but what I can't see is why anyone besides Fenris can trigger it. And if he's triggering it, why isn't he getting slapped with the flag that limits his use of it.

edited my post, I'll add it here, too.;

Went in and modified a file. check this out, it's the DW_night_descisions file, the last one. I added the      ROOT = { trait = werewolf_ancient } under allow, it seems to fix my problems

targetted_decisions = {
    ### Fenris Specific
    # Fenris hunts
    dw_fenris_hunt = {
        filter = self
        ai_target_filter = court
        from_potential = {
            trait = werewolf_ancient # Fenris specific trait
            prisoner = no # No hunting from behind bars
            NOT = { trait = in_hiding } # No hunting while hiding
            NOT = { has_character_flag = dw_fenris_hunt_cooldown } # We'll remove Fenris's hunt cool down on an annual basis
            personal_opinion = { who = ROOT value = 0} # Has no positive opinion of the target so the target may have no long term use
        }
        potential = {
            ai = yes # We don't want Fenris hunting the player via this event
            NOT = { trait = werewolf } # Fenris doesn't purge his pack via the hunt
            NOT = { has_character_modifier = dw_werewolf_bitch } # Fenris won't remove breeding stock
            NOT = { trait = vampire_ancient } # Vladimir and Fenris shouldn't come to conflict via a quick and dirty event like this
        }
        allow = {
            ROOT = { trait = werewolf_ancient }
            personal_opinion = { who = FROM value = 0} # Target has no positive opinion of Fenris - making them a potential threat to be cleansed
        }
        effect = {
            FROM = {
                character_event = { id = DWNight.1010 }  # Fenris hunts the target
                set_character_flag = dw_fenris_hunt_cooldown # Removed during an annual on_action event
            }
        }
        revoke_allowed = {
            always = no
        }
        ai_will_do = {
            factor = 1 # Percentage based, we're assuming that Fenris will always hunt when given the chance
        }
    }

That is not related to this new bug.

I guess this is because the mod is modular and uses seperate folders for each module.

The problem with that is CK2 has a limit for characters in savegame names of 255 chars and the path is part of the name. So using the standard path for the document folder and having a long username in windows may result in the dreaded unknown error while saving.

That is not related to this new bug.

I guess this is because the mod is modular and uses seperate folders for each module.

The problem with that is CK2 has a limit for characters in savegame names of 255 chars and the path is part of the name. So using the standard path for the document folder and having a long username in windows may result in the dreaded unknown error while saving.

Yeah, I'll fix this with the next update for each mod. I didn't notice it originally. Glad someone mentioned it before it got out of hand, more than it did.

In castle holdings and if I'm not mistaken in city holdings, too.

In tribal holdings it is not possible to build a brothel.

I'm not sure about the city holdings as I'm using the 1.25 unofficial patch as well as this mod and at least in the old version we could built a red light district ...

i have fully upgraded my castle and city holdings and there is no brothel option to build also how do i start as a werewolf/vampire/succubus they don't pop up in the character ruler design menu

When you have no option of building a brothel in your castles it may have something to do with you having a mod conflict or have the mod not correctly loaded for other reasons.

To the second part: correct. Neither Vampire nor Werewolf or Succubus appear in the ruler designer.

You get the succubus/incubus trait via decision ingame and it is not possible to be a vampire/werewolf in this - I can't stress this enough - complete rewrite of the mod. Yet.

Sounds even more like another incompatible mod which is active alongside Dark World Reborn.

Either this or your CK2 Installation is borked and in need of repair.

Just to mention it (no accusation) support is only viable and possible for bought, original games.

Two main reasons:

1) We do not condone piracy in any way, shape or form and

2) A Crack is essentially program code designed to deliberately break part of a software.

Sounds even more like another incompatible mod which is active alongside Dark World Reborn.

Either this or your CK2 Installation is borked and in need of repair.

Just to mention it (no accusation) support is only viable and possible for bought, original games.

Two main reasons:

1) We do not condone piracy in any way, shape or form and

2) A Crack is essentially program code designed to deliberately break part of a software.

i don't pirate for one too much risk of getting a virus and is a dick move towards the developers hard work into the game and two the only mods i have enabled are the dark world mods, Harem Times and Sketchy Cheat Menu