[mod] [CK2] Dark World: Reborn - Updated 13APR2024

Does someone know how to get this mod working with the AGOT Mod? I installed both but only the AGOT Mod works ingame.

It's because AGOT mod overrides paths, and you need to ensure that Dark World gets loaded after. The way to do this is to add dependencies = { "A Game of Thrones" } to the .mod file.

Does someone know how to get this mod working with the AGOT Mod? I installed both but only the AGOT Mod works ingame.

It's because AGOT mod overrides paths, and you need to ensure that Dark World gets loaded after. The way to do this is to add dependencies = { "A Game of Thrones" } to the .mod file.

Thanks for providing this answer since folks seem to ask about it on occasion. I'm going to add it to the FAQ as well.

can you explain this? how do you add dependencies?

By adding

dependencies = { "A Game of Thrones" }
to the .mod file.

By adding

to the .mod file.

I assume thats to the Darkworld Core file yeh?

By adding

to the .mod file.

I assume thats to the Darkworld Core file yeh?

To whatever .mod file you need to ensure loads after AGOT.

Some specific Indian Portraits - Kannada (Dravidian) culture, I think - seem to break for me when running DW, risking the whole Portrait system to shut down, even for Portraits that worked at gamestart. And yes, I do have the RoI DLC.

Furthermore, I end up with A LOT of "the Unchaste" Nicknames all over the world, even for underage characters, but I think that one is mostly exclusive to Black Yoru's Rebuild and probably can be simply fixed by lowering the chance of getting it.

How long would it take to port the old DW "Normal Flavour" events to Reborn?

Dunno. It all depends on what exactly you mean by "Normal Flavor." :)

Pretty much just the old "court" events from the old version. Like falling in love, teaching kids, whatever

Ah. Well if the moon and planets remain aligned and visible, you may be at least partially pleased come later this weekend.

I've noticed the Lilith events are not present for characters after the initial one the we choose to start the game with. Am I doing something wrong? Can I fix it?

You're talking about the succubus spells like turning someone into Futanari or kill someone through sex do you?

Note: This is a more or less complete rewrite.

There are next to no spells.

There are no "teach the child how to fuck" events.

There are no summoning rituals to get a succubus/incubus/orc/whatever from another realm.

There is no religion.

This is by all means and purposes a completely new mod with the same name from the same mod author. If you want the above mentioned things you'd have to wait (apart from the religion part which won't come) or play with the original and pretty much unsuported predecessor.

Ah. Well if the moon and planets remain aligned and visible, you may be at least partially pleased come later this weekend.

Any chance we are going to see Werewolf stuff soonish? I'd really like to get back to at least the point we were at before the reboot so I have a reason to play again >.< *not that I don't have plenty on my list, just the fact Seinarukana has finally released is a massive time sink after all, that damn thing got me into H-games, even if I didn't understand a thing that was being said at the time*

still RL is RL and the muse does what it will, so as much as I may want something I realise it's up to the vagaries of fate and chance more then anything /laugh

A couple of minor updates hitting today.

v1.30 (DW Children of Lilith Mod)
    - Corrected an issue where the Blood Moon wasn't calling an event for prisoner sacrifice
    - Blood Moon Lesbian Wine Testing now checks to ensure that you've at least two adult women courtiers under the age of 50 before it'll trigger
    - Added self beautification spell for Stage 1 Succubus/Incubus

v1.31 (Dark World Core)
    - Added Aliris's code contribution for Incubus / Succubus birth potential.

A couple of minor updates hitting today.

v1.30 (DW Children of Lilith Mod)

- Corrected an issue where the Blood Moon wasn't calling an event for prisoner sacrifice

- Blood Moon Lesbian Wine Testing now checks to ensure that you've at least two adult women courtiers under the age of 50 before it'll trigger

- Added self beautification spell for Stage 1 Succubus/Incubus

v1.31 (Dark World Core)

- Added Aliris's code contribution for Incubus / Succubus birth potential.

I am most pleased.

How long would it take to port the old DW "Normal Flavour" events to Reborn?

Dunno. It all depends on what exactly you mean by "Normal Flavor." :)

Pretty much just the old "court" events from the old version. Like falling in love, teaching kids, whatever

I eagerly await this development. Trying to kick a Bloodborne binge in the arse with some slowpaced games and this'd do well

I'm going to post the initial file of Dark World Creatures of Night late tonight.

Just as a warning - IT IS ENTIRELY UNDERWHELMING AND LESS THAT YOU'RE HOPING FOR, BY ALOT.

When I hit my hiatus, the only part that was near ready was Fenris's introduction to the game world. And since I just picked things up this week, that's pretty much where it still is. I've decided to use today to wrap up some pieces of it and post it for three reasons:

1. So folks can opt to at least start play as a werewolf or vampire, even though there aren't any special events for werewolf or vampire players yet.

2. So some folks can let me know how the updated Fenris impacts their game world, as his actions should be more noticeable a couple decades in when compared to the 1.25 version.

3. Getting these little pieces out is helping me get some momentum. I have to admit that when I looked at where I was, it felt a little like staring at a wall. And having a rhythm is important for me right now to get back going.

how do i get the events i'm only getting the beauty and the beast and the merchant  

Build the brothel and you can implement a decision. Same with embracing lilith where you can hold the Blood Moon Ritual.

Other than that I fear you are pretty much outa luck. As I said before this mod is a complete rewrite and does not include most of the old events.

You can look onto the mod page where dewguru has linked an unofficial patch to implement the old 1.25 events, decisions, buildings, monsters, monster hunters, devines, religion ...

This version of the mod is FAR from complete.

I've noticed the Lilith events are not present for characters after the initial one the we choose to start the game with. Am I doing something wrong? Can I fix it?

You're talking about the succubus spells like turning someone into Futanari or kill someone through sex do you?

Note: This is a more or less complete rewrite.

There are next to no spells.

There are no "teach the child how to fuck" events.

There are no summoning rituals to get a succubus/incubus/orc/whatever from another realm.

There is no religion.

This is by all means and purposes a completely new mod with the same name from the same mod author. If you want the above mentioned things you'd have to wait (apart from the religion part which won't come) or play with the original and pretty much unsuported predecessor.

No, I meant the event to become Lilith's child or futanari in the intrigue tab.

Posting two files tonight. An updated Core and the initial (tiny - vastly disappointing in content) Creatures of the Night mod.

v1.32 (Dark World Core)
    - Tweaked some modifiers for the Creature of the Night mod release

v1.29 (DW Creatures of Night Mod)
    - Initial release of Dark World Children of Night Mod mod

Also - I can pretty much guarantee that I'll be doing a Stellaris mod. The game would have to severely suck for me not to, as Sci-fi is definitely my genre of choice.