[mod] [CK2] Dark World: Reborn - Updated 13APR2024

It's still possible to play the old, pre-Reborn version of Dark World with the most current version of CK2.  It just takes some patching.

First, download the last pre-Reborn version of Dark World, 1.25, from here.

Next, download NeoSniper's unofficial update patch here.

Replace the appropriate files in the 1.25 folder with their updated versions from the patch, either copying them manually, or just unzipping the patch into the 1.25 folder.

If all goes well, you should have a functional copy of the 1.25 mod ready for use.  It won't have the improved things Dewguru's been working on, like the Fairy Tales submod or the new Blood Moon events, but it will have everything the old version had.  I've been using it lately to play a Lilithian game where I'm gradually converting all of Western Europe to the new religion.

It's still possible to play the old, pre-Reborn version of Dark World with the most current version of CK2.  It just takes some patching.

First, download the last pre-Reborn version of Dark World, 1.25, from here.

Next, download NeoSniper's unofficial update patch here.

Replace the appropriate files in the 1.25 folder with their updated versions from the patch, either copying them manually, or just unzipping the patch into the 1.25 folder.

If all goes well, you should have a functional copy of the 1.25 mod ready for use.  It won't have the improved things Dewguru's been working on, like the Fairy Tales submod or the new Blood Moon events, but it will have everything the old version had.  I've been using it lately to play a Lilithian game where I'm gradually converting all of Western Europe to the new religion.

Now that's a nice stopgap measure until Dewguru got enough of their (excellent) work done for my demanding self to be satisfied with.

Can't believe I overlooked it the first time around.

Any advice on interesting starting positions for people who plan to adopt the Lilithian faith early?

(Also, man, does "Archangel Michael" as dynamicially inserted name for the evil tempter and destroyer read weird)

This Morning I created a Sub-Mod that adds all the Content from 1.25 back in , so (@Dewguru ) if you´re ok with it I would like to share it in this Topic...

Black Yoru, can you confirm whether Abraxis' post to attain the pre-Reborn content matches what you've come up with? If so, you might as well release what you have at this point. I'd rather we have everything complied together than download each part separately, or I can contact Dew on Steam and see if he's fine with it.

This Morning I created a Sub-Mod that adds all the Content from 1.25 back in , so (@Dewguru ) if you´re ok with it I would like to share it in this Topic...

Black Yoru, can you confirm whether Abraxis' post to attain the pre-Reborn content matches what you've come up with? If so, you might as well release what you have at this point. I'd rather we have everything complied together than download each part separately, or I can contact Dew on Steam and see if he's fine with it.

It is a version of the the pre-Reborn content, dependent of the new Reborn Content. It only adds the Content that is still "missing" from 1.25 back in.

(For Example it doesn´t adds the 1.25 Blood Moon back in, since its handled by the Children of Lilith Mod.)

If I misunderstood something or my grammar is very weird, please forgive me. English isn´t my mother tongue.

I noticed that there is a "Bug" in DWReMeDy CP, the traits file in DWCore defines the trait "p_claire", while DWReMeDy uses "portrait1".

There is also one mistake in the Blood Moon "patch" I posted, as the last "set_variable" isn´t written inside of the "option" scope. ( But in fact that isn´t an real issue...)

Hey folks. I'm still alive. The Clickteam Fusion is a game development suite that I'm using on a project with a friend. I also have another project I'm working on as well, and mixed in with my normal work and coaching baseball, I've just been short on time.

Heck, when I was working on the mod regularly, I was still managing to fit in about 40 hours of video game time a week on the side, and it's been so tight, that outside of a few hours this past Friday and the Saturday before this last one, I've almost been game (in terms of playing for fun) free.

Regarding Black Yoru's question - yes - please do feel free to proceed in posting it.

And I've not given up on Dark World. Out of all the time sinks I have, my normal (bill paying) job is the one that's eating most of my time. It's been weekend work and after evening work for four weeks straight. So once that calms down some is when I foresee me getting things moving again.

Hey folks. I'm still alive. The Clickteam Fusion is a game development suite that I'm using on a project with a friend. I also have another project I'm working on as well, and mixed in with my normal work and coaching baseball, I've just been short on time.

Heck, when I was working on the mod regularly, I was still managing to fit in about 40 hours of video game time a week on the side, and it's been so tight, that outside of a few hours this past Friday and the Saturday before this last one, I've almost been game (in terms of playing for fun) free.

Regarding Black Yoru's question - yes - please do feel free to proceed in posting it.

And I've not given up on Dark World. Out of all the time sinks I have, my normal (bill paying) job is the one that's eating most of my time. It's been weekend work and after evening work for four weeks straight. So once that calms down some is when I foresee me getting things moving again.

I'm just glad to hear that you are doing ok! can't speak for everybody but my dreams of mixing these mods with AGOT and creating a Futa Targaryen can wait for a bit longer :P

So here is the Sub-Mod i mentioned..

It is dependent of DWCore; DWFuta; DWChildrens of Lilith; DW ReMeDy Custom Portraits.

Of course all credit to Dewguru (since he created the Content), and thanks to NeoSniper for creating the DW 1.25 patch.

The Sub-Mod will most likely be incompatible with all coming DW Sub-Mods.

If you encounter any serious bugs please send me a message and I will try to fix them.

DWRebuild1.25.zip

In start campaign style (in intrigue) i have only three choose - standard, lilith and futa, werewolf missing. CK2 2.5.2 with all DW:R. I'l try with Black Yoru mods - still werewolf choose missing. Its bug or i missed something?

PS: sorry for my bad eng

In start campaign style (in intrigue) i have only three choose - standard, lilith and futa, werewolf missing. CK2 2.5.2 with all DW:R. I'l try with Black Yoru mods - still werewolf choose missing. Its bug or i missed something?

The Option isn´t there jet since the Werewolfs and Vampires Mod isn´t completed jet.

If you add the Werewolf/Vampire trait manually per cheating, with the Sub-Mod I posted, all the Werewolf/Vampire Content should work...

The Option isn´t there jet since the Werewolfs and Vampires Mod isn´t completed jet.

If you add the Werewolf/Vampire trait manually per cheating, with the Sub-Mod I posted, all the Werewolf/Vampire Content should work...

Ok, I'll know, and that it wanted to play a werewolf. Thank you. (:

I've got a weird error when starting a new game with all current Reborn modules except fairy tale, with Black Yoru's patch posted above. A mostly blank dialogue box (just says "A") and no buttons to get rid of it. Happens as soon as the game starts before unpausing.

Edit: I am using HiP also, in case that might somehow be part of it. I should probably try a game without HiP and see if that still does it. I am not smart sometimes. ;p

Edit2: Ok, checked and it still does it without any other mods running. It does have my character's portrait in the dialogue box, if that helps.

Im sorry guys... I made a mistake, and deleted a few events to much...^^ Please unzip this Archive into the DWRebuild folder if your using the Sub-Mod I posted.

Edit: Im really sorry... Yep I realized just now that all the tits/dicks traits have been renamed... So here is the actualized Patch ( If you need the Alchemist or Claire to have small Tits...)

Again... Im really sorry... Im not that good of an modder... ( And too lazy...)^^

Patch.zip

Hey folks - some goodish news. Work has begun to stabilize and I've been able to spend more time recently on creating things. Badish news is I've not touched the Dark World mod with the time I had this week though, as I've been messing around with RenPy in getting myself more familiar with it, for an upcoming project.

I'll be posting what I cobbled together for fun in it later this weekend, but later this weekend I also plan on resuming some of my work on Dark World.

Thank you for the patience - and thank you Black Yoru for your putting together something that folks could enjoy as well.

could anyone make a dark world mod about lilithian religion? like adding ways to spread it, non-blood-moon sacrifices of prisoners/courtiers for gifts from lilith, and some flavor events? dewguru said, that he wont do anything with religion, so i guess he left this part to us.