[mod] [CK2] Dark World: Reborn - Updated 01MAY2024

Hello dewguru,

You might already know this, but the latest version of your mod has a conflict with the Christianity Mod that causes dick traits to not be assigned. Namely, DWCore.19, which assigns breast and dick sizes, is only triggered if neither breast_size or dick_size are assigned:

trigger = {
		NOT = { # If neither the breast size or dick size is 1 or above, then we proceed
			check_variable = { which = breast_size value = 1 }
			check_variable = { which = dick_size value = 1 }
		}
	}

Christianity Mod, however, adds its own breast_size variable to every character, even male ones, by way of event christ.32:

# Now get the father's breast size variable. This allows men to pass
# along genes for breast size too.

So, if Christianity mod manages to add its own brest_size variables first, DWR doesn't end up assigning any dick_size variables. If DWCore.19 is modified to only check for dick_size, dick traits show up nicely.

You are, of course, under no obligation to address this issue, patching it myself is easy enough. But since you did resolve a conflict with Christianity mod regarding breast size earlier, I thought you might be interested to know.

I don't really know the stance of @dewguru on this, so I'll ask: I'm in the process of changing some bits about the mages (recruits+spell) and slave mechanics (remove selection of training and make slaves less prone to be requested in marriage). The thing is that I have no idea how to do this without overriding DW:R files, which is a problem to me.

I need to change specific decisions, can it be done from a third party mod without copying whole files over? That is, can I just load my mod after DW:R and specify an event with the same id and and a decision with the same name?

For instance, to enslave a prisoner I do not want to trigger training because it creates a dead time and becomes cumbersome if you try to enslave 10+ NPC. The decision is in dw_cc_decisions.txt (dw_enslave_prisoner). Will I need to copy that file and change what I need to change?

If did so, would it be alright to redistribute those files as part as my modification?

In the same spirit, can I also override traits?

@bicobus
About the ability to overwrite definitions through other files, it depends on what kind of definition it is.
Overwriting events for example works like a charm.
I actually tested it some time ago with 2 mods called "Test 2" & "Test 3".
Test 2 contained a file for events called "BBB.txt", which contained definitions for the events Test.0 & Test.2
Test 3 contained a file for events called "AAA.txt", which contained definitions for the events Test.0 & Test.1
All events had text to show from which mod they came.
Events.thumb.jpg.06352f768fa9ce7f6884d2ac5eec7d61.jpg

Since "BBB.txt" is alphabetically (by ASCII order, to be exact, if I remember right) after "AAA.txt" it gets loaded after it, it doesn't matter if Test 3 has Test 2 as a dependency, as dependencies only seem to be for deciding which files to use if they have the same name. (or at least it seems to me that way)

For traits it works the same, but according to the wiki, the previous definitions sticks around in some way and newly created characters could still get them. (I would guess only if the trait has "random = yes", any potential = {...} or some chance of inheriting it, but I haven't tested it)
trait-override.thumb.png.6be87bfb69e41c4aeb721c89a82bf466.png

As for decisions, from testing it seems to be the same as it is reads on wiki, it doesn't work:
decisions.thumb.png.b080ffe4469f761094e7d634124f8465.png

So you do have to use the complete file sadly.

1 hour ago, Herring said:

@bicobus
About the ability to overwrite definitions through other files, it depends on what kind of definition it is.
Overwriting events for example works like a charm.
I actually tested it some time ago with 2 mods called "Test 2" & "Test 3".
Test 2 contained a file for events called "BBB.txt", which contained definitions for the events Test.0 & Test.2
Test 3 contained a file for events called "AAA.txt", which contained definitions for the events Test.0 & Test.1
All events had text to show from which mod they came.
Events.thumb.jpg.06352f768fa9ce7f6884d2ac5eec7d61.jpg

Since "BBB.txt" is alphabetically (by ASCII order, to be exact, if I remember right) after "AAA.txt" it gets loaded after it, it doesn't matter if Test 3 has Test 2 as a dependency, as dependencies only seem to be for deciding which files to use if they have the same name. (or at least it seems to me that way)

For traits it works the same, but according to the wiki, the previous definitions sticks around in some way and newly created characters could still get them. (I would guess only if the trait has "random = yes", any potential = {...} or some chance of inheriting it, but I haven't tested it)
trait-override.thumb.png.6be87bfb69e41c4aeb721c89a82bf466.png

As for decisions, from testing it seems to be the same as it is reads on wiki, it doesn't work:
decisions.thumb.png.b080ffe4469f761094e7d634124f8465.png

So you do have to use the complete file sadly.

Thanks, it does help me figure out how to approach this issue. For the enslavement stuff, I'll need to use the complete decision file which is not optimal. The traits might need more testing, but since the branded_slave trait isn't random there shouldn't be any issue. If I understand correctly, for the decisions, using the same filename will override whatever comes before thus allowing me to remove existing decisions?

As for the mage stuff, it's all dandy. I only need to override one event to integrate a new option, the rest should remain as is.

54 minutes ago, bicobus said:

If I understand correctly, for the decisions, using the same filename will override whatever comes before thus allowing me to remove existing decisions?

Yeah, you also do need to set DWR as a dependency of your mod, because like I said, the only thing that dependencies seem to be good for, from a technical perspective, is for the engine to choose the correct file from multiple mods if they share the same name and are in the same directory.
Otherwise, if I remember right, the engine chooses the file from the mod with the alphabetically first (or last, I don't remember) .mod filename.

On 8/27/2018 at 8:27 PM, bicobus said:

Thanks, it does help me figure out how to approach this issue. For the enslavement stuff, I'll need to use the complete decision file which is not optimal. The traits might need more testing, but since the branded_slave trait isn't random there shouldn't be any issue. If I understand correctly, for the decisions, using the same filename will override whatever comes before thus allowing me to remove existing decisions?

As for the mage stuff, it's all dandy. I only need to override one event to integrate a new option, the rest should remain as is.

I vaguely recall a dev mentioned that events shouldn't be ovewritten like that, specially in mtth ones, though, so beware of unexpected behaviour 

On 6/10/2018 at 4:12 PM, DarkSere said:

I seem to have a problem.

Doesn't matter which campaign I choose, all I get is a blank screen.

problem.png

I have somewhat the same problem, and did not find it answered...

I've played CK2 without any mods till yesterday, when by mistake I found Dark World: Reborn and NoxBestia's Darkest Perversions.

So I downloaded Dark World v.167, NoxBestia's DP v. 0.0.1.0.3, put them in: Documents\Paradox Interactive\Crusader Kings II\mod

My game is version 2.7x, that is why I didn't download the last version of DK.

Started the game:

First with both mods activated... and after loading and starting the game it crashed to desktop...

Second with only DK active... and about 5 minutes in the game I get the image where I meet Belle in the market (I think) - I only have 1 option so I click it ... then I get the image I uploaded. And there it was stuck... I had to exit

Could it be that my CK2 version does not work with DK v.167?

CK print.png

Why read or search when you can ask, right?

On 2/5/2016 at 6:20 AM, dewguru said:

Dark World Mod Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

Q: I get blank event windows that I can't get rid of.

A: I do my best to keep the mod current with the present patch version of CK2, and I've leveraged code approaches that I noticed - and that others have pointed out, that have come out with some of these patches. As such - if you're running a version of CK2 that is prior to the current version - you may experience oddities - with the blank event screen being the most common one. To correct it - you should upgrade to the most current version of CK2. The CK2 version does NOT mean you need their latest DLC. The only other times I've seen this problem arise, it was either due to another mod that was actually causing the issue - or in one instance the person had to have Steam validate their files and they reinstalled the mod (meaning something got corrupted somewhere on the file level).

12 minutes ago, JesusKreist said:

Why read or search when you can ask, right?

Thanks for answering!

And I did read FAQ (also about 80% of the posts without finding an acurate answer) before modding CK2... as you certainly read, I asked "Could it be that my CK2 version does not work with DK v.167?" (sorry... I meant DW v. 167)... version 167 being the previous version, not the last one that requires CK2 ver. 2.8x... so a simple "yes" or "no" would have been enough, although a post mentioning compatibilities beween different versions of DW and the versions of CK2 would be welcomed.

Soooo my vampire keeps dying off cause i forget to feed on the fastest setting. Is there a way to "remind" the player to feed? like an event you can make that triggers when vampires health gets critical (since the only way to see ones health is thru charinfo?

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/6/2018 at 10:02 AM, Shuuu said:

Soooo my vampire keeps dying off cause i forget to feed on the fastest setting. Is there a way to "remind" the player to feed? like an event you can make that triggers when vampires health gets critical (since the only way to see ones health is thru charinfo?

I found that the Vampire quest line in DWR, though having the potential to be a very compelling sub-mod, was too tedious for me to continue beyond even a single player lifetime. The mod is built in such a way that if you are consistently losing health at the rate the mod defaults it at, (I play at slow speed always) then you are forced to focus almost exclusively on building and maintaining a farm of cattle, but then your cattle begin to die at an alarming rate from being fed on too often if you start to sire more than one or two other vampires in your realm. So what I did to sustain myself and my spouse, which was also a vampire, was to just keep inviting people of low intellect to court and then relentlessly work on making them cattle, which drained health, which caused you to feed more, which caused them to die more, rinse and repeat until after a few years you have essentially a court of nothing but cattle just so you can survive to play the actually game of expansion and intrigue going on. The whole thing reminded me of a MLM business model in which you work long hours building a down line which inevitably falls apart so you spent the rest of your life plugging holes in a relentless war of attrition. So after about 40 years I had had enough of the vampire life. The thing that would make all of that worth it is more vampire sex events. 

8 hours ago, Winded1 said:

I found that the Vampire quest line in DWR, though having the potential to be a very compelling sub-mod, was too tedious for me to continue beyond even a single player lifetime. The mod is built in such a way that if you are consistently losing health at the rate the mod defaults it at, (I play at slow speed always) then you are forced to focus almost exclusively on building and maintaining a farm of cattle, but then your cattle begin to die at an alarming rate from being fed on too often if you start to sire more than one or two other vampires in your realm. So what I did to sustain myself and my spouse, which was also a vampire, was to just keep inviting people of low intellect to court and then relentlessly work on making them cattle, which drained health, which caused you to feed more, which caused them to die more, rinse and repeat until after a few years you have essentially a court of nothing but cattle just so you can survive to play the actually game of expansion and intrigue going on. The whole thing reminded me of a MLM business model in which you work long hours building a down line which inevitably falls apart so you spent the rest of your life plugging holes in a relentless war of attrition. So after about 40 years I had had enough of the vampire life. The thing that would make all of that worth it is more vampire sex events. 

This is proof that sinning doesn't pay. Only a life in the service of The Lord is a life worth living.

So, I had a thought recently that Dewguru could possibly put into the game. There's an event where your son(and possibly daughter but idk) gets infatuated with a lowborn women and then marries her eventually. I forget if this can also prob when he/she's an adult, but it could be something Dewguru could edit with his mod so you can see some sort of, "classplay" smut, or even he/she marries a succubi or vampire or something. I don't know if he's done anything with this already, as I've only gotten this event like once before I had Dark World installed. The Rich Childhood Mod inspired this thought, it's very good, I recommend it. promise this isn't a plug

Yeah we will get the hellenic religion into vanilla, so i might it could have some huge impact on the mod cause hellenism had a very different view on homosexual stuff and lesbians. Also hellenism had sacred prostituation i asked about that in the board but i doubt it will be added into vanilla so  i just wanna point that out.  - this could have some impact maybe for the mod cause it creates many more ideas what to do cause the classic religion and its different opinion about sex and all these things could be a great opportunity for the mod for content and ideas. 

I'm having problem here. 

I am only able to get the Kitsune and fox species to appear.  

Using Dark Word Reborn 1,68 the newest version. I have all the sub mods as well to along with a few mods that add in extra buildings, Traits, Battle captive, Battle Loot and the such which aren't really conflicting with Dark World. At first I thought the problem might have been The Gods mod so I unchecked it as well just going in with the basic Dark World Reborn and sub mods. But the only race that appear are Humans and the half horse race, Kitsune and Fox race, an off map Dragon slave trader is also there but I can't seem to get any unique races from them. Vampire, Neko, Orcs, Elves, Werewolves Succubi, Inccubi and the like are not appearing nor can I obtain their blood lines either. 

As for the DLC I have the Following:

Conclave

Rajas Of India 

Sunset Invasion

The Republic

DLC Customisation Pack

Jade Dragon

Monks of Mystic

The Reapers Due and Its content pack

Charlmain or whatever its called

Legacy of Rome 

Rule Designer 

Swords of Islam

The Old Gods 

Way of Life 

And a picture pack that was free content for the 5th anniversary. 

As for which version of CK2 I am using that is 2.8.3.3 not plus just the initial game itself.

A while back I was able to use the Neko, elf and other races or at grant the bloodline to the people in my court but due to various reason I had to remove all my mods and when I re-downloaded them and installed them all again I can't access a number of the species content. Also some of the portraits are screwed up as well, their heads are there but their eyes, nose and lips aren't. A number of special DWR characters also don't have their portraits as well. Maybe it's because I am using Werewolf and Anime Portraits DW by Rea_jak? Anyways if someone could help me out that would be great. I really love the DWR series and its sub mod content compared to the other world conversion mods this one just seems to make the came interesting... 

Note: I am also a noob and know very little about modding as well as installing them but I try to learn and follow instructions as well. Maybe this was addressed before now on one of the 154 pages on this thread but after scanning through most of them they were from 2016 and since its 2018 things have changed. Anyways Thanks in Advanced.

13 minutes ago, Thomas Black said:

I'm having problem here. 

I am only able to get the Kitsune and fox species to appear.  

Using Dark Word Reborn 1,68 the newest version. I have all the sub mods as well to along with a few mods that add in extra buildings, Traits, Battle captive, Battle Loot and the such which aren't really conflicting with Dark World. At first I thought the problem might have been The Gods mod so I unchecked it as well just going in with the basic Dark World Reborn and sub mods. But the only race that appear are Humans and the half horse race, Kitsune and Fox race, an off map Dragon slave trader is also there but I can't seem to get any unique races from them. Vampire, Neko, Orcs, Elves, Werewolves Succubi, Inccubi and the like are not appearing nor can I obtain their blood lines either. yways Thanks in Advanced.

Have you enabled all relevant gamerules when starting a new game? Werewolves and vampires spawn in the world if you have those gamerules set.

Orcs, nekos, and kitsunes have absolutely no way of getting into the game unless you either A) start as one, or B) use Dark World: Serpent Expansion to get one from the dragon empire. When purchasing a female/male slave, there is a 25% chance they will be exotic. When purchasing exotic slaves, there is a 100% chance.

Elves appear in the base Dark World Reborn mod as trappy Link (Bordello improvement questline) and the Hunting Focus for the female elf. 

Angels only appear in Dark World: Beyond Heresy as a random chance during a special slave purchase when buying a handmaiden. Same with succubi, elves, kitstunes, orcs, and nekos.

You can recruit Morrigan (succubus) in the Bordello Improvement questline.

28 minutes ago, lockeslylcrit said:

Have you enabled all relevant gamerules when starting a new game? Werewolves and vampires spawn in the world if you have those gamerules set.

Orcs, nekos, and kitsunes have absolutely no way of getting into the game unless you either A) start as one, or B) use Dark World: Serpent Expansion to get one from the dragon empire. When purchasing a female/male slave, there is a 25% chance they will be exotic. When purchasing exotic slaves, there is a 100% chance.

Elves appear in the base Dark World Reborn mod as trappy Link (Bordello improvement questline) and the Hunting Focus for the female elf. 

Angels only appear in Dark World: Beyond Heresy as a random chance during a special slave purchase when buying a handmaiden. Same with succubi, elves, kitstunes, orcs, and nekos.

You can recruit Morrigan (succubus) in the Bordello Improvement questline.

I do have the options enabled inside the gamerules when starting a new game. Werewolves and Vampires haven't spawned, I though maybe it was just not right a way so I played through nearly 340 years without seeing anything besides a few centars and myself who I turned into a Kitsune but even my kids didn't get the trait when born... Lol some how one of them got a knotted dick but no Kitsune bloodline trait. 

I do know that some of these special races can only be accessed through quest lines. But before I do recall being able to implant the bloodlines into those in my court, as far as Dark World Serpent Expansion goes I've but 50 exotic slaves and 3 of them were Kitsune while the other 47 where human or foxes. 

14 minutes ago, Thomas Black said:

I do have the options enabled inside the gamerules when starting a new game. Werewolves and Vampires haven't spawned, I though maybe it was just not right a way so I played through nearly 340 years without seeing anything besides a few centars and myself who I turned into a Kitsune but even my kids didn't get the trait when born... Lol some how one of them got a knotted dick but no Kitsune bloodline trait. 

I do know that some of these special races can only be accessed through quest lines. But before I do recall being able to implant the bloodlines into those in my court, as far as Dark World Serpent Expansion goes I've but 50 exotic slaves and 3 of them were Kitsune while the other 47 where human or foxes. 

Sounds to me like you're either missing files or playing on a savegame where the gamerules are disabled. Try deleting your My Documents/Paradox Interactive/Crusader Kings 2/mods/Dark World Reborn/ folder and downloading/installing the mod again and see if that fixes the problem.