[mod] [CK2] Dark World: Reborn - Updated 01MAY2024

Any insight into possible additions in future versions of Dark World?

I've been slowly (very slowly) poking at adding a Wizards secret society.

My modding motivation hasn't been high, but I've been tampering with it a little bit every week since the last release. I started by grabbing the Hermetic society as when I played it, I could see a lot of potential for adjusting it to be more Wizard based.

I also have the barest shell of a Lilith based secret society.

After the above, I've been thinking of bringing back the old Dark World's feral werewolf event line, and a handful of single events - just to use some images I have.

Zero estimate on a time frame for the next release though.

I have installed the mod but I'm not getting any of the options from the fourth photo. other aspects of the mod does seem to work. what am I doing wrong?

Are you scrolling down the list of game rules? I didn't realize the list of game rules scrolled at first myself.

Hello, I alredy ask about this at Toska topic (there they advice mi to download they updated mod) but i found  this mod make mi issue, so i repeate it here: 

please can you help me with my issue? I instal this mod into game but whenever i start new game and unpause it, game just fall after few sec (maybe 3 game days) without some error message or anything. I alredy try both of your version at this site, with same result. And my version of game is 2.7 (WHGQ). And I also use mod Shieldmaiden v0.1

. But that one work normaly without this mode

Thank you very much for yout support.

I have installed the mod but I'm not getting any of the options from the fourth photo. other aspects of the mod does seem to work. what am I doing wrong?

You dont see game rules? Can you sent your file structure. How and where is it instaled?

it is installed in

C:\Users\MYNAME\Documents\Paradox Interactive\Crusader Kings II\mod

then i just extracted the folder and the .mod file in there.

yes I did scroll all the way down. I do have orcish invasion there (whatever that might be)

Edit: sorry for slow response. forgot to follow topic  ^^

Edit Edit: woops. fixed it ^^ i changed the name of the mod folder for unknown reasons. it seems to work now :)

I've got the same problem as deviant; when I scroll down in the rules menu there's nothing there. Is there a DLC requirement I'm missing or something?

Not for it to work. In the case like deviant, it usually has to do with some kind of installation issue, or when someone doesn't remember to check the mod on the mod tab, etc.

It should be as simple as extract (in the correct mod location), start CK2, check the mod on the mod tab, select your start year and that's all.

I've got the same problem as deviant; when I scroll down in the rules menu there's nothing there. Is there a DLC requirement I'm missing or something?

Not for it to work. In the case like deviant, it usually has to do with some kind of installation issue, or when someone doesn't remember to check the mod on the mod tab, etc.

It should be as simple as extract (in the correct mod location), start CK2, check the mod on the mod tab, select your start year and that's all.

Okay, I got it working after a while, I just faffed about with the folders a little.  :)

Hello, I alredy ask about this at Toska topic (there they advice mi to download they updated mod) but i found  this mod make mi issue, so i repeate it here: 

please can you help me with my issue? I instal this mod into game but whenever i start new game and unpause it, game just fall after few sec (maybe 3 game days) without some error message or anything. I alredy try both of your version at this site, with same result. And my version of game is 2.7 (WHGQ). And I also use mod Shieldmaiden v0.1

. But that one work normaly without this mode

Thank you very much for yout support.

Tried turn off Shieldmaiden mod? 

I'm really thinking that I took the wrong approach in trying to make my societies by just attempting to copy over existing vanilla ones, but progress is still being made. I've also begun to heavily gut them, instead of trying to convert sections. While I don't see anything coming out before the end of October - I'd imagine I should be able to get the latest things into a releasable state sometime in November.

I'm really thinking that I took the wrong approach in trying to make my societies by just attempting to copy over existing vanilla ones, but progress is still being made. I've also begun to heavily gut them, instead of trying to convert sections. While I don't see anything coming out before the end of October - I'd imagine I should be able to get the latest things into a releasable state sometime in November.

hi dewguru,

I would just like to warn you about what happened with Toska's mod- they tried to mod in a lilith society and it melted into a bunch of other aspects of the game, and caused horrible bloat/trait spamming.

If anyone can pull this off, its you, but please be careful

hi dewguru,

I would just like to warn you about what happened with Toska's mod- they tried to mod in a lilith society and it melted into a bunch of other aspects of the game, and caused horrible bloat/trait spamming.

If anyone can pull this off, its you, but please be careful

I'm more likely to release something that is bare bones and ensure it's working well, and then add to it. Although this weekend has seen more progress than the prior couple of weeks. And just in case, I'll leave up the prior mod versions in case I miss something in testing.

Just a heads-up for those who use Dark World or any of the other CK2 mods here on Lover's Lab. Do us all a solid and please don't go a post things that aren't yours (unless you've obtained permission) - to another mod hosting location. Especially when that location is the STEAM WORKSHOP.

Come on. That should be so evident that it doesn't even warrant mentioning it.

And to everyone else who just uses the mods and enjoys them without posting it elsewhere, thank you all.

really.... Some one Posted this on the Steam Workshop..... "Facepalms".....

Yeah, I was a little surprised to learn about it, and it's no longer up. But I also figured a little public service announcement was a valid move - just in case.

To be honest... I dont think it's too bad.

Actually it can be a great opportunity for people to notice the mod and try it out.

Some people may not even know about existence of the erotic mods around CK2... or never thought about decision to install such a mod.

Sure, sure, it's a theft and that's bad. But on the other side... little publicity won't harm anyone.

Even a bad thing can result in something good. Although posting it on Steam Workshop isn't the brightest idea of all the things.

The creator does not know whether and if yes how much of the code has been altered. It could be anything in these stolen mods, including trojans and viruses.

Plus it is very likely that when a user has a problem with the stolen mod s/he goes to the actual mod author and demand support. Even and especially when the stolen version is horribly outdated in comparison to the official mod.

And do not forget the thief gets praise and possibly ad revenue when the mod is hidden behind ad.fly and similar abominations. For being a thief.

This problem is a massive one in the minecraft community and very many mod creators ceased all modding due to this. Others are "hiding behind a paywall" and stop support outside.

You have your things never had stolen and seen them paraded around by total strangers with nothing you could do about it other than trying to reason.

There is no good thing about theft. Nor will there ever be.

I haven't said anything about theft being good.

Anyone with piece of a brain would probably think a little, before downloading sex mod in place, where it isn't too much tolerated. Especially if LoversLab exists as headquarters for these lewd mods.

If people give a praise to an imposter, they'll be probably those, who'll point out the true ownership of the mod.

And ewwww. Ad.fly? That's not a really safe site to be redirected from.

No idea what are you talking about. I never played Minecraft. Never will. So I cant say anything about that.

You really don't know anything about me. So don't assume anything without knowing a single thing. In matter of fact, I know exactly what it's like.

And, unlike you, I'm an optimist. I'm trying to see even slightest good in the darkness.

Sure, I agree here. There's nothing good about stealing a mod. Or... reposting it on other websites.

But I wasn't even talking about that, mate.

I was talking about little exposure on highly visited website, which may or may not result in few people noticing the mod, actually googling it and downloading it from proper a website.

Some people don't about an existence of LoversLab. Or they didn't expect Crusader Kings II to have an erotic mods. But little exposure can push people to actually find the mod. Even name is enough. Name is really everything you need to know.

I have a question that's probably been asked before, but after reading about 7 pages of the 140+ I didn't see it asked sooo..

I have played through the Lilith/succubus/incubus main quest module, my ruler died, and now that I'm playing a new ruler (currently a young child) is it possible to now choose another one of the main modules instead, (since I can only choose one at a time) without needing to restart a new game? I really don't want to lose my progress, but I don't want to screw things up either.  Also, can I reset a sub module once the storyline is played through? say for a subsequent ruler once the main character of said module has died? 

Sure, sure, it's a theft and that's bad. But on the other side... little publicity won't harm anyone.

Even a bad thing can result in something good. Although posting it on Steam Workshop isn't the brightest idea of all the things.

I haven't said anything about theft being good.

You didn't?

So you are not of the opinion bad things can have good results as you posted right before my answer?

The text about minecraft was an example as the minecraft community has felt the results of theft the harshest.

Some mods were and still are stolen, butchered and reposted. Oftentimes parts of the mods are removed and sold via microtransactions even.

Or think about the first try of paid mods for skyrim. Mods got reposted onto steam without knowledge or permission of the mod author. Even with a price tag.

In both instances the modding community lost modders due to this issue.

"The mod gets more publicity" is a naive way to see it.

Stealing mods is bad and there is no "good outcome" of it. Nor will there ever be.

@Winded1

No this question was not asked before and the answer is No as well.

Gamerules are set for the game, not until the player decides s/he wants something else.