[mod] [CK2] Dark World: Reborn - Updated 01MAY2024

Cool, thanks ngppgn.

On a slightly unexpected twist, ReMeDy's additional expansion of image slots from his last update has altered some things that will require me to juggle image files around.

And on an even larger unexpected twist, or rather in hindsight, one that is more par for the course, I made a mistake in thinking the existing portrait files increased in field size, when all that was done was more files added at the end...

Whew.

Is it me or do the werewolf hunt for a bitch event just keep on choosing the same person as the target? When I select find someone else the event just ends.

It took me a bit of time to figure this one out, since it was not immediately obvious.  If the target you see is not a werewolf bitch, choosing the "seek a new conquest" option will attempt to make that target a bitch while choosing the "use an available bitch" option will randomly pick some other target who is already a bitch and make them a lover.  If they already are a bitch, the "seek a new conquest" option does nothing while the "use an available bitch" option makes them a lover.

Not saying that this is necessarily what is supposed to be happening, but hopefully this helps explains how it is working now.  I assume the choice of target is somewhat random, but like you I have had it pick the same target several times in a row.  It does seem to choose targets that are not already your lovers, so making them your lover can sort of force a refresh I think.

Also, in regard to the saves, can confirm that Dark World saves do not carry over properly due to trait changes even with just the new patch and not the new DLC.

Thanks! That makes sense.

Ah, well, according to Validator, it looks like the Kiss of Seduction probably won't work correctly in some areas, as it looks like they've made some changes that break aspects of it.

This is going to take a little bit longer. *sigh*

Cool, thanks ngppgn.

On a slightly unexpected twist, ReMeDy's additional expansion of image slots from his last update has altered some things that will require me to juggle image files around.

And on an even larger unexpected twist, or rather in hindsight, one that is more par for the course, I made a mistake in thinking the existing portrait files increased in field size, when all that was done was more files added at the end...

Whew.

Yea, I thought about you, lol. Going through all that event code and changing trait names would have been messy.

Well then thank you for the help you've given thus far.  I'm just going to experiment and see if I can't fix this myself.  Thanks again

Reference this post on my thread if you have broken portraits. It might help.

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/52211-ck2-static-portrait-replacer-ver-330-ckii-27-compatible-monks-mystics-compatible/?p=1837539

Alright, about 30 minutes from updates hitting. Just a heads-up. The kidnapping functionality that was added isn't where I would have liked it to be. In a great action of lack of foresight, I had started it without considering I may need to release an update for Monks and Mystics compatibility.

It works, but it isn't fine tuned and it's missing a couple events I would have liked to included. Still - it works so use it or don't in the mean time.

Biggest thing is the portraits will work again and I believe the mod is more or less compatible with everything that was released.

Posted. Here's the change log for those interested:

v1.48 (Dark World Reborn)
    - Attempted Kidnappings return - put your Spymaster to work in leading efforts to kidnap key targets.
    - Updated to adjust to changes made by ReMeDy's Custom Portrait Mod update.
    - Tweaked some aspects of the Kiss of Seduction to address some errors Validator found after the update
v1.41 (Dark World ReMeDy Custom Portraits)
    - Updated to incorporate ReMeDy's newest changes, as well as Monks and Mytic Compatibility

Um hello I was wondering if anyone could help me, as I can not seem to get the mod to work properly for me..... or at all it seems.

I have copy and pasted the files in the paradoxes crusader kings 2 mod file, the files even show up in the mod select screen.

They are selected and even when I go to the content it says they are active.

But non of the rule select show up when starting the game and I have yet to see any of the content in any of the games.

I could uses a little help please, I'm not supper good with computers and could uses a little help in getting this all set up :<

Hrm. The kidnapping test I ran prior to Monks and Mystics and what I've just played with Monks and Mystics is acting odd. My Kiss of Seduction is as well.

It's almost as though the is_within_diplo_range check isn't working properly as I can't target anyone outside of my realm.

Anyone else seeing this issue?

Edit - wow. It appears that they're finally enforcing the filter selection on decisions. Only by setting it to all (as opposed to realm), was I able to go outside of my realm in targeting things. That could be an issue on lower end computers as filtering to all on decisions is warned to be potentially system heavy. I'll just need to look and ensure those things can't be used by the ai then (assuming it's something they don't fix to work like it used to pre-update).

Hrm. The kidnapping test I ran prior to Monks and Mystics and what I've just played with Monks and Mystics is acting odd. My Kiss of Seduction is as well.

It's almost as though the is_within_diplo_range check isn't working properly as I can't target anyone outside of my realm.

Edit - wow. It appears that they're finally enforcing the filter selection on decisions. Only by setting it to all (as opposed to realm), was I able to go outside of my realm in targeting things. That could be an issue on lower end computers as filtering to all on decisions is warned to be potentially system heavy. I'll just need to look and ensure those things can't be used by the ai then (assuming it's something they don't fix to work like it used to pre-update).

I'm not sure, but Paradox in the changelog mentioned:

- The scopes random_playable_character and any_playable_character are now considerably less resource intensive.

Maybe there's something there that frees up resources for all scopes. I don't know what "considerably less" means though. Over +50% speed?

I know the focus is on the latest dlc but I think I came across just a misc bug in the arena. If you bet on the brother you receive money no matter the outcome. Sorry if this has been reported before, I was just playing around and noticed this.

Thanks for bringing this up. I see the issue and will have it corrected.

I am seeing an issue with special "Spend Time With" events.  They can fire appropriately for someone in the same court but not if someone is a landed vassal in your court. (Like the Mercenary Commander.)

My events are modeled on your events because...  "All Hail DewGuru Codemaster Extrordinaire!"  At any rate, that means your "Spend TIme With" events are broken in the same way.

So yes, I'm seeing the issue too.

On the previous discussion, I believe that on_chronicle stsrts only fores for the player character, while on_stsrtup fires for anybody.

And on that topic, on_chronicle_start also fires for ruler designed characters, so why not use that rather than the decisions for the campaigb customisation, now that we have game rules?

Hunh? Use on_chronicle_start instead of the decisions for campaign customization? Does on_chronicle_start fire after you've set your Game Rules flags?

I'm not in the mood to test it out, but if I can nix those decisions, I'll do it. I'd just like for someone else to test out that functionality.

Ok, tested ir and it absolutely works. I put DWLilith.10 to fire on_chronicle_start and modified the trigger of the event to check both has_lilith_start = yes and has_heaven_hell_content = yes. On stsrting, under the splash screens the event "Dreaming of Lilith" appears. Resigning and changing one of those rules to no make the event not fire.

Speaking of game rules, you can noe specify a group in the game rule definition so, say, all the rules pertaining to the mod can be filtered from the vanilla's for easier access. It is not required, but a nice QoL. Besides that, the mod works out of the box with 2.7 with the caveat of the portraits module.

Alright - I tested it and it actually launched the event twice. One copy for my custom ruler and one that was directed towards the ruler that was replaced by my custom ruler.

I don't know if I'm a fan of that. Especially based on the way they were stacked, it fired the one for the original ruler first.

I am seeing an issue with special "Spend Time With" events.  They can fire appropriately for someone in the same court but not if someone is a landed vassal in your court. (Like the Mercenary Commander.)

My events are modeled on your events because...  "All Hail DewGuru Codemaster Extrordinaire!"  At any rate, that means your "Spend TIme With" events are broken in the same way.

So yes, I'm seeing the issue too.

My testing has shown it's the filter in the decision. Setting the filter to all is fixing it. The only concern - having the filter set to all could be a performance hit - so to keep it under control, I'm going to need to revisit things and ensure the ai either can't run them, or that if they can, they're stuck within their realm.

<snip>

Alright - I tested it and it actually launched the event twice. One copy for my custom ruler and one that was directed towards the ruler that was replaced by my custom ruler.

I don't know if I'm a fan of that. Especially based on the way they were stacked, it fired the one for the original ruler first.

<snip>

My testing has shown it's the filter in the decision. Setting the filter to all is fixing it. The only concern - having the filter set to all could be a performance hit - so to keep it under control, I'm going to need to revisit things and ensure the ai either can't run them, or that if they can, they're stuck within their realm.

Re:on_chronicle_start: That's odd. Probably a bug; will make sure to report it If you want to prevent the event to also fire for the replaced ruler, give the event an ai = no pretrigger, that should fix it in the meantime.

Re:filters. Interesting that filters are now actually in use. But can you set the filter (which is for the player) to all and the ai_filter to be more restrictive?

Hey, long time lurker, first time poster.

A small report for you, Dew. Incubus Intimidation is bugged. Instead of applying craven/removing brave from the target, it does that to your character.

Easily fixed by changing lines 844~855 of events\DWLilith.txt from

if = { # If they're not brave, we render them a coward
			limit = {
				FROM = { NOT = { trait = brave }}
			}
			add_trait = craven
		}
		if = { # If they're brave, we break it down
			limit = {
				FROM = { trait = brave }
			}
			remove_trait = brave
		}

to

limit = {
			}
			FROM = { add_trait = craven }
		}
			limit = {
				FROM = { trait = brave }
			}
			FROM = { remove_trait = brave }
		}

Also a small localization bug, during a Blood Moon whenever you're deciding whether to sacrifice a prisoner or not the choices bring up your name instead of theirs.

Also easily fixed by changing [From.GetBestName] to [dw_sacrifice.GetBestName] in lines 126~128 of dw_lilith_events.csv.

Keep up the good work, and thanks for the mod!

<snip>

<snip>

Re:on_chronicle_start: That's odd. Probably a bug; will make sure to report it If you want to prevent the event to also fire for the replaced ruler, give the event an ai = no pretrigger, that should fix it in the meantime.

Re:filters. Interesting that filters are now actually in use. But can you set the filter (which is for the player) to all and the ai_filter to be more restrictive?

I've no desire to get into the bug reporting business, so I'll pass. That requires time, and the method that was in place before works, so I'd rather just leave it as it is and move onto focus on more content options.

And yes to the filter question. That's how the update I release will handle it.

Hey, long time lurker, first time poster.

A small report for you, Dew. Incubus Intimidation is bugged. Instead of applying craven/removing brave from the target, it does that to your character.

Easily fixed by changing lines 844~855 of events\DWLilith.txt from

limit = {
			}
			add_trait = craven
		}
			limit = {
				FROM = { trait = brave }
			}
			remove_trait = brave
		}

to

limit = {
			}
			FROM = { add_trait = craven }
		}
			limit = {
				FROM = { trait = brave }
			}
			FROM = { remove_trait = brave }
		}

Also a small localization bug, during a Blood Moon whenever you're deciding whether to sacrifice a prisoner or not the choices bring up your name instead of theirs.

Also easily fixed by changing [From.GetBestName] to [dw_sacrifice.GetBestName] in lines 126~128 of dw_lilith_events.csv.

Keep up the good work, and thanks for the mod!

I already caught the localization bug in what will be the upcoming update. It got introduced just recently when I redid the sacrifice handling and I removed a bounce event.

I appreciate your pointing out the issue with the Incubus, since I'd never catch it myself (as I don't play them). I'll see about getting it into the next update.

Dewguru, I love your mods, I love them immensely! So I hope that means something.

Will you ever add portraits for those of Angel/Divine blood? Just curious,

Angels / Divine blooded beings are going to be very similar to the Children of Lilith, where they start out very human, and as they grow, they'll have the opportunity to more reflect their angelic nature. The main issue of course, is the avatar portraits aren't really convenient for displaying things like halos or wings.

And I've a couple plans for existing divine beings that will have custom portraits.

<snip>

<snip>

I've no desire to get into the bug reporting business, so I'll pass. That requires time, and the method that was in place before works, so I'd rather just leave it as it is and move onto focus on more content options.

And yes to the filter question. That's how the update I release will handle it.

I should also mention - that I did a test, including the pretrigger of ai=no, and it still duplicated the events. I'd wager because the game treats the original ruler as the player - then it just handles a dynasty swap of some kind that pushes them out of power and into the role of an npc, while then using your custom ruler.

So, in the end, the only use for on_chronicle_start that I'm seeing as valid is placing the dick and breast check there - yet placing it there doesn't remove it from on_startup, as placing it only in on_chronicle_start leaves all of the people without dicks or breasts.

Posted an update that's more error correction than content. Mainly because I wanted to address the need to adjust the filter on the decisions that were impacted by the new DLC/patch.

Change log:

v1.49 (Dark World Reborn)
    - Fixed a localization error in the Blood Moon sacrifice
    - Fixed an error in the Arena betting section (brother always paid out)
    - Altered some decisions (such as kidnapping/kiss of seduction) that used to be filtered to realm, yet were able to be used outside the realm, to now be set to all - as some decisions were broken by CK2 2.7's enforcement of the filter
    - Fixed a missing picture issue with kidnapping targetted_decision
    - Set the Ruler Designer age cheat traits to be hidden traits, so as to remove the little gap on your trait area that would appear when using them in game
    - Updated an event in the Blood Moon ritual
    - A little rebalancing of some trait chances in the Blood Moon ritual
    - Fixed an issue with the Incubus Intimidation spell where it was applied to the Incubus instead of the target
    - Tweak in the Succubus Beautify Self spell, as it wasn't working as fully intended (it should have also allowed a female who was already fair to cast it again to obtain the bombshell level of looks)

after kidnapping my vassals wife on the pop up the picture fails to load

Yeah, I saw that and as luck would have it - posted an update that fixes it about the same time you made your post. :)

A couple notes on plans for Dark World based on my playtime so far with the new DLC.

First - I really like the societies aspect of the new DLC. Right now, my intention would be to not reintroduce the Lilithian religion like it was in the original Dark World, but to instead use a Secret Society for it, and others as well (Werewolves for example seem prime for their own society).

Second - I will be making inventory specific items. I think the little Treasury addition is neat.

Now, when exactly will I introduce those things? Hard to say. I'd like to play more of the new DLC this weekend - from a player perspective and not a mod troubleshooting / testing perspective.