[mod] [CK2] Dark World: Reborn - Updated 01JUN2024

This is gonna sound odd.

So I've downloaded this, bought the DLC I was missing for the sake of the special portrait mod, and have tried things.  In Ireland(Yeah, yeah, Tutorial Island and all).  Now, my usual gameplan is 'ascend into Merchant Republic' and go from there.  I notice the Shrine of Lilith becomes a Chapel of Lilith if you go Castle, but doesn't become anything if it becomes a City.

Perhaps I'm being too quick to ask, but; Is there much interaction with Dark World and Merchant Republics?

This is gonna sound odd.

So I've downloaded this, bought the DLC I was missing for the sake of the special portrait mod, and have tried things.  In Ireland(Yeah, yeah, Tutorial Island and all).  Now, my usual gameplan is 'ascend into Merchant Republic' and go from there.  I notice the Shrine of Lilith becomes a Chapel of Lilith if you go Castle, but doesn't become anything if it becomes a City.

Perhaps I'm being too quick to ask, but; Is there much interaction with Dark World and Merchant Republics?

Very little at present.

Very little at present.

I see.  

Of course, since Merchant Republic is outright blocked for females at the minute(The 'Found Merchant Republic' option has an 'Is Male' requirement.  It never did before.), the dream of a 'Succubus Republic of Sin, Money and Parties' is blocked anyway.  And it's a long way to getting females into real power.  I guess I'll mess around with the 'status of women'.  I mean, achievements are disabled anyway, let's go all-out.  Or mess with one of the actual Republics to do so.  Succubi will have their town somehow.  Though I guess I could just go with Feudal, since it's been so long....I dunno, really.

Oh: My female daughters got the Futanari and Succubus traits at birth.  My sons got nothing.  Maybe they need an Incubus father to inherit?  Then the trouble becomes 'who's worth raising up to that level?'(I'm running with he 'meeting Lilith' sub-mod')

Ah, I'm rambling.

I'd offer to help, but the localization document is beyond my capabilities. I know this because I actually tried for personal use and half the dialogue seemed to disappear.

I don't know what you have tried with the localization files, however, the thing that took me a while to realize is that my computer was trying to open it in excel which makes editing it correctly nearly impossible. It's best to open the localization file with a text editor like notepad++. After that, as long as you end your lines with ;;;;;;;;;;;;;x it should be fine.

Oh my god thank you!

It took me a while to learn this same thing.  I didnt' catch on till reading the wiki!

Huh now it's not working. Whenever I make changes and save, it doesn't work and when I load up the document it shows that none of my changes were actually saved.

I dont know if it's from this or a sub mod but I got the "defiled" trait and it has absolutely massive penalties, anyone know what the trait name is so I can remove it?

remove_trait defiled %charID%

Trait from Darkest Perversion submod.

I already tried defiled, that's not what he set it as clearly, it must be something like was_defiled or some shit but I can't figure it out.

EDIT: Well it went away on it's own but god what an annoying trait.

I dont know if it's from this or a sub mod but I got the "defiled" trait and it has absolutely massive penalties, anyone know what the trait name is so I can remove it?

If you use DWToska I think his trait "raped" shows up as defiled in game.

My "defiled" trait has a single -5 sex appeal penalty.  

I managed to clean up the Merida file. Fixed some events that weren't working properly, I rewrote the story to have the ruler actually be a part in the story rather than hearing it from a servant, cleaned up spelling and grammar quite a bit, fixed pathing which made images not show up during events.

Now that I know the localisation can be edited with Notepad++ I may start making my own DW mods. However I wouldn't have the Brave file for upload on my own post unless JIBEcaid01 gives me permission.

Merida Fairytale 2.0.rar

here my last update update of Merida pack. i tested it and i think it's working perfectly. the event had poped after about 3 year, merida was where she was supose to, the Spend time decision work find. there was no more bug of blank event after about 30days. i think i am safe to say that one is complete (the previous one was not having the spedn time decision)

here is a little link to add that redhead maid.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/nciw0pab7g1cnc2/Merida%20Fairytale%201.01.rar?dl=0

1.jpg?1

Now my focus will be to work on mulan. i think i will rather made her spawn in the slave market where she was sold after her defeat in china or a decision event to call for foreigner mercenary where she would join your court as an commander in her father's place.

I think you will want to change your mind on it being the last update. There's an excessive amount spelling and grammatical issues. The event boxes are misused with the larger one being used in instances with one or two sentences.

The story is also rather lacking with the ruler being told a story in the past tense, but at the conclusion Merida shows up at the front gate. There are also way too many fail states that the ruler has no part in.

I'd offer to help, but the localization document is beyond my capabilities. I know this because I actually tried for personal use and half the dialogue seemed to disappear.

well. i wrote it at 2am after a long day and English is not my native tongue and grammar is not my strength. i never recheck and this don't need a new version but more like a fix.

all text is in localisation/DWFairyTales under DWFairyTales300x (should be at the very bottom) all the 3000's are for merida events. all the 3010 is for merida ''spend time with'' events.

so far the Merida events are a dependency od Dark world and if a new version of dark world change anything from the files i use, there would be a overwrite issue that would rather erase Merida or the new Dark world events. i plan to see that Merida come totally independent from Dark world but not incompatible. the portrait will be use as his own gfx and all the events, localisation and interface will soon use their own. the goal is to not make the future update incompatible and allow the independent addition of the future character. i Plan to add mulan but also some other legendary character on the model of the vampire and warewolf events' something like Dracula and the wizard of Oz with the 4 witch who i will menage to make them spawn in the north, east, west and south area of Europe. for now i am only on the study phase. Dewguru work are really good and i use it as model to base my addition. i will also not forget to add some more sexual content. i think i will review all the female special character to add a simple ''spend time with'' to each of them.

here my last update update of Merida pack. i tested it and i think it's working perfectly. the event had poped after about 3 year, merida was where she was supose to, the Spend time decision work find. there was no more bug of blank event after about 30days. i think i am safe to say that one is complete (the previous one was not having the spedn time decision)

here is a little link to add that redhead maid.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/nciw0pab7g1cnc2/Merida%20Fairytale%201.01.rar?dl=0

1.jpg?1

Now my focus will be to work on mulan. i think i will rather made her spawn in the slave market where she was sold after her defeat in china or a decision event to call for foreigner mercenary where she would join your court as an commander in her father's place.

I think you will want to change your mind on it being the last update. There's an excessive amount spelling and grammatical issues. The event boxes are misused with the larger one being used in instances with one or two sentences.

The story is also rather lacking with the ruler being told a story in the past tense, but at the conclusion Merida shows up at the front gate. There are also way too many fail states that the ruler has no part in.

well. i wrote it at 2am after a long day and English is not my native tongue and grammar is not my strength. i never recheck and this don't need a new version but more like a fix.

all text is in localisation/DWFairyTales under DWFairyTales300x (should be at the very bottom) all the 3000's are for merida events. all the 3010 is for merida ''spend time with'' events.

so far the Merida events are a dependency od Dark world and if a new version of dark world change anything from the files i use, there would be a overwrite issue that would rather erase Merida or the new Dark world events. i plan to see that Merida come totally independent from Dark world but not incompatible. the portrait will be use as his own gfx and all the events, localisation and interface will soon use their own. the goal is to not make the future update incompatible and allow the independent addition of the future character. i Plan to add mulan but also some other legendary character on the model of the vampire and warewolf events' something like Dracula and the wizard of Oz with the 4 witch who i will menage to make them spawn in the north, east, west and south area of Europe. for now i am only on the study phase. Dewguru work are really good and i use it as model to base my addition. i will also not forget to add some more sexual content. i think i will review all the female special character to add a simple ''spend time with'' to each of them.

Please make your own mod out of this.

And Overwrite only files, which are necessary.

- New event chains -> probably not necessary

- directly altering an existing event -> necessary (sadly)

There are a few reasons for this:

You can name your stuff how you want, the other modders here usually go with a scheme like this: [ModName][submodule][EventGroupName][Option]. This could be something like e.g. this "JIBEcaid01sModMeridia001A" which would prevent that you overwrite something from DW and set the change of something other overwriting your stuff to ~ 1,549557736 e^-45 (or 0, if you want).

It makes also the life for all the others simpler, since if they want to check your mod, they only have to check your stuff, and not all the other files,

you prevent file and event duplication, which is a hassle to debug and

it keeps your mod size down (good for the servers here and for the user).

There a a few additional reasons, but I will stop here.

EDIT: If you need help sorting this out, or if you have questions on how to make your mod independent, drop me a PM

I may start making my own DW mods.

Do it. We need more. And there are way too many great ideas that you, I and every other modder has that no one has time enough to code it all.

Variety is the slice of life. More mod options are always ideal. Even though I sometimes feel like a lot of mods don't speak to what I'm looking for, they do fit the interest of others, and that's what's great about mod variety.

Do it. We need more. And there are way too many great ideas that you, I and every other modder has that no one has time enough to code it all.

Variety is the slice of life. More mod options are always ideal. Even though I sometimes feel like a lot of mods don't speak to what I'm looking for, they do fit the interest of others, and that's what's great about mod variety.

I'm trying to make a simple decision mod to summon Deadpool as an NPC. A funny thing for a test. I tried putting it together with info from the wiki and the structure of DW mods and I'm stuck.

When I click on the decision I get a blank event screen that I can't exit out of. I know this may be asking a lot, but could someone take a look and tell me what I'm doing wrong?

I wrote localization, made sure to link events and names together, but something somewhere is not connecting and I can't find it.

DWDeadpool.rar

I'm trying to make a simple decision mod to summon Deadpool as an NPC. A funny thing for a test. I tried putting it together with info from the wiki and the structure of DW mods and I'm stuck.

When I click on the decision I get a blank event screen that I can't exit out of. I know this may be asking a lot, but could someone take a look and tell me what I'm doing wrong?

I wrote localization, made sure to link events and names together, but something somewhere is not connecting and I can't find it.

attachicon.gifDWDeadpool.ra

Your localization looked fine to me. I noticed your event_modifiers.txt is missing a } at the end. Also, I might give it a more mod specific name than event_modifiers.txt such as dw_dp_event_modifiers.txt

Also, it looks like you are missing two '}' at the end of event DWDeadpool.3

Also 2 missing at the end of dw_deadpool.gfx

What do you mean by this?

You are missing the last 2 '{' in that file. Your file looks like this:

spriteTypes = {
	spriteType = {
		name = "deadpool_portal"
		texturefile = "gfx/event_pictures/deadpool_portal.dds"
		noOfFrames = 1
		norefcount = yes
		effectFile = "gfx/FX/buttonstate.lua"
	}
	spriteType = {
		name = "deadpool_welcome"
		texturefile = "gfx/event_pictures/deadpool_welcome.dds"
		noOfFrames = 1
		norefcount = yes

It should be this:

spriteTypes = {
	spriteType = {
		name = "deadpool_portal"
		noOfFrames = 1
		norefcount = yes
	}
	spriteType = {
		noOfFrames = 1
		norefcount = yes
	}
}

What do you mean by this?

You are missing the last 2 '{' in that file. Your file looks like this:

spriteTypes = {
	spriteType = {
		name = "deadpool_portal"
		noOfFrames = 1
		norefcount = yes
	}
	spriteType = {
		noOfFrames = 1
		norefcount = yes

It should be this:

spriteTypes = {
	spriteType = {
		name = "deadpool_portal"
		noOfFrames = 1
		norefcount = yes
	}
	spriteType = {
		noOfFrames = 1
		norefcount = yes
	}
}

I've made the edits you've suggested, which are helpful, but they don't seem to be the cause of the blank event screen.

I've made the edits you've suggested, which are helpful, but they don't seem to be the cause of the blank event screen.

I get the blank event screen at least once or twice with every new version of my mod. Then I run Validator and I fix all the errors it finds and I'm right as rain. Validator is a program on the paradox forums. It will run through your code and tell you what problems it finds.

You want to make sure every opening bracket "{" has a corresponding closing bracket at the end if the string. Notepad++ has a handy feature where if you put the blinking cursor at the front or back of that bracket it will highlight the closing bracket in Red. This enables you to look a determine if that's the correct spot or if your missing a bracket somewhere.

-Posting from an iPhone. Forgive the errors.

Needed a '}' in DWDeadpool.txt line 45 to close your new_character section.

dw_deadpool.csv last line should be 'DWDeadpool3A;Chimichangas!;;;;;;;;;;;;;x'. You had a colon rather than a semicolon at the beginning.

event titles weren't in localization. Should have something like this at the beginning of dw_deadpool.csv:

summon_deadpool;Summon Deadpool;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
deadpool_shows_up;Deadpool shows up;;;;;;;;;;;;;x

You have DWDeadpool3 linking to itself. This won't break anything but I think you intended it to end: narrative_event = { id = DWDeadpool.1 }

I think these changes are good, but I still haven't figured out the blank event problem. I would try Validator (I have never heard of it or used it) and see if that helps. Hopefully this has gotten you a bit closer.

Hey, I got bored and decided to add some parts to the whoring and caravan decisions, particularly to avoid pc sub content. For instance, the going to pick a courtier male on male event has one version with pc dom and the caravan madame event has an option for pc dom as well. Pics related. If anyone is interested in this I can clean it up and upload.

post-1398753-0-00934000-1487812380_thumb.png

post-1398753-0-65070600-1487812386_thumb.png

Please make your own mod out of this.

And Overwrite only files, which are necessary.

- New event chains -> probably not necessary

- directly altering an existing event -> necessary (sadly)

There are a few reasons for this:

You can name your stuff how you want, the other modders here usually go with a scheme like this: [ModName][submodule][EventGroupName][Option]. This could be something like e.g. this "JIBEcaid01sModMeridia001A" which would prevent that you overwrite something from DW and set the change of something other overwriting your stuff to ~ 1,549557736 e^-45 (or 0, if you want).

It makes also the life for all the others simpler, since if they want to check your mod, they only have to check your stuff, and not all the other files,

you prevent file and event duplication, which is a hassle to debug and

it keeps your mod size down (good for the servers here and for the user).

There a a few additional reasons, but I will stop here.

EDIT: If you need help sorting this out, or if you have questions on how to make your mod independent, drop me a PM

just like i said, i am well aware of the future compatibility issue. Dewguru said he will not release the next update before a while. meanwhile today i worked in a Modular version of Merida which will be absolutely cause no overwrite. while i was at it, i just fallow the wave and ended out at making a completely different version with more option, sex scene and less spelling mistake. it should be out around the weekend and use his own mod but with Darkworld trait. so it would officially be a DW submod. now Merida will have 5 new character