[mod] [CK2] Dark World: Reborn - Updated 01MAY2024

Any future consideration to tie the vanilla lunatic werewolf events, "run with the wolves" hunting moments, nomad wolf kids and the DWR werewolf traits? I mean theres always the odd chance, that crazy howling man or the weird kid are actualy werewolves.

Any future consideration to tie the vanilla lunatic werewolf events, "run with the wolves" hunting moments, nomad wolf kids and the DWR werewolf traits? I mean theres always the odd chance, that crazy howling man or the weird kid are actualy werewolves.

At this time I've no plans to directly tie into vanilla content.

Hey folks - I've noticed in a test last night that the new narrative_event look can obscure some of the option text if the actions taking place in the option have a shit ton of icons, causing an overlap that obscures part of the option text.

The next update will address the couple I found (I'm testing the Tentacle-kin portion right now - so that's where the changes are that I found) - but if you encounter any others, please let me know where/which event.

And I know that some (or at least one) of you wants me to use hidden_tooltip a lot more - I understand your desire - however, right now I'm focusing on instances where it impacts play by obscuring option text only.

Can someone explain what the features of being a vampire are? I played for a while and only noticed the trait and all the stats that come with it, is it possible to turn others into vampires? Am I immortal (don't age) when I get the trait? Do I "evolve" and get new powers like in the Child of Lilith campaign?

Hey Dew. I found some high quality images of Mother Gothel if you want to add her to the events of the Rapunzel story.

Whenever you get your patreon set up, you should totally commision Incase for Dark World.

Yes, now that I'm one again picking up some speed similar to where I was last May (which is about when things derailed and ground to a large halt), the plan for setting up a Patreon account are in motion again.  Last year my plan was to have one up in June - but alas, I'm not going to open something with the intention of ripping people off. Especially since I'd like to show my face around here still. :)

Out of all the artist I've seen, InCase is easily in my top 3.

I have a game I'm developing (nothing super fancy, a Renpy game - which the FAPU game was has been a test bed for) and I was looking at using Patreon to help fund it and obtain custom art. Lately though, in looking at how others use it, and in considering how I'm interested once again in CK2, I figured that if I keep the focus all about investing in custom art assets - without keeping any profit until whatever I'm working on no longer uses artwork I gleaned of the web without permission. That of course might be never - but at the same time, being able to give an artist specific requirements for an event I'd like to do, would so drastically make things easier than sinking what is sometimes hours in hunting for ideal imagery.

But I'm probably a couple months away from setting that up - just because I want to keep my momentum building and not rush into tossing up some Patreon page. I believe I can even split contribution options. For example - having one that triggers every month that would go towards art assets. I'd share what was contributed and what images I'm looking to obtain. In some cases I could even set-up a vote to help steer the art asset investment. While the game I'm developing - I believe I can set it up where it would only charge upon a major update, so when things lag a little because I'm doing something like working on CK2 content, those who back my game wouldn't be getting milked automatically on a monthly basis.

At least that's what I've bantered about with my current plans.

Can you or someone else share the previous versions of Dark World Reborn v1.44 and Dark World ReMeDy Custom Portraits v1.38?

Unfortunately wiped those off my computer with the last update I posted. If someone else has the older versions to share with you, I've no objections of them doing so (only saying that because some folks ask if it's alright to share older versions sometimes).

Has anyone got "Jus Primae Noctis" to work? I activated the law and it didn't seem to do anything.

When my baron got married nothing happened, same for my count and duke, I even tried arranging marriage between 2 of my courtiers, nothing happened.

does having the law active for multiple kingdom titles break it?

Has anyone got "Jus Primae Noctis" to work? I activated the law and it didn't seem to do anything.

When my baron got married nothing happened, same for my count and duke, I even tried arranging marriage between 2 of my courtiers, nothing happened.

does having the law active for multiple kingdom titles break it?

Just to make certain - are you playing as a male?

If you're playing as a female who isn't a futa - then you'll get nothing out of Jus Primae Noctis, as it's meant to be a method for you to sow your seed.

Last time I remember,(months ago, maybe wrong) all of those 'events' such as "getting Hermione" / "etc."  to my court are tie to character. Which mean when I die and get new character, those event will reset and I can get them again. But now It seem those are 1 time events that persist throughout the whole game.

Also now are all events such as "beauty and the beast" / "Little mermaid" are 1 time event that when 1 charterer in the game (NPC) trigger them, it will no longer be available?? (my spymaster just get Ariel as wife so now I can't trigger her event?)

Is there a way for me to personally mod them to reset when I die and play as new character? (my Hermione die 1 years after joining my court from cancer.... RNGesus).

Or console command to reset them? (if possible)

Last time I remember,(months ago, maybe wrong) all of those 'events' such as "getting Hermione" / "etc."  to my court are tie to character. Which mean when I die and get new character, those event will reset and I can get them again. But now It seem those are 1 time events that persist throughout the whole game.

Also now are all events such as "beauty and the beast" / "Little mermaid" are 1 time event that when 1 charterer in the game (NPC) trigger them, it will no longer be available?? (my spymaster just get Ariel as wife so now I can't trigger her event?)

Is there a way for me to personally mod them to reset when I die and play as new character? (my Hermione die 1 years after joining my court from cancer.... RNGesus).

I checked the files, I think only beauty & the beast and Alice in wonderland events are in the mod, those are players only.

There are no events associated with other characters, as far as I can see, and they just spawn in to the world.

I checked the files, I think only beauty & the beast and Alice in wonderland events are in the mod, those are players only.

There are no events associated with other characters, as far as I can see, and they just spawn in to the world.

You happen to have missed "DWCourtandCommerce.txt" while checking the files as that is the one which creates and spawns both Hermione and Sorcey.

And no they have not been changed, both of them are only able to be spawned once and have been since their implementation.

Only Belle and Alice have working events on them, the rest of the characters are only present. If you want to spawn them once more you can edit the files yourself and change the "set_global_flag =" into "set_character_flag =" so your heir can spawn them once more.

You happen to have missed "DWCourtandCommerce.txt" while checking the files as that is the one which creates and spawns both Hermione and Sorcey.

And no they have not been changed, both of them are only able to be spawned once and have been since their implementation.

Only Belle and Alice have working events on them, the rest of the characters are only present. If you want to spawn them once more you can edit the files yourself and change the "set_global_flag =" into "set_character_flag =" so your heir can spawn them once more.

Thank a lot!

# Player decision to abdicate their throne to their heir.
	dw_resign_title = {
		potential = {
			ai = no
			current_heir = {
				dynasty = ROOT
			}
		}
		allow = {
			age = 40
			prisoner = no
			has_regent = no
			NOT = { trait = lunatic }
			NOT = { trait = possessed }
			current_heir = {
				has_regent = no
				NOT = { trait = incapable }
				age = 16
				NOT = { age = 40 }
				prisoner = no
			}
		}
		effect = {
			abdicate = yes
		}
		revoke_allowed = {
			always = no # Generic setting
		}
		ai_will_do = {
			factor = 0 # Zero chance the ai uses this
		}
	} 

That is the abdication decision.

As you can see it fires the heredity which is hardcoded into CK2 itself.

When something is not inherited there's a rather good chance the treasure itself is the culprit.

Long story short problems with treasure inheritance are problems of CK2 and not any mod.

You are barking up the wrong tree.

# Player decision to abdicate their throne to their heir.
	dw_resign_title = {
		potential = {
			ai = no
			current_heir = {
				dynasty = ROOT
			}
		}
		allow = {
			age = 40
			prisoner = no
			has_regent = no
			current_heir = {
				has_regent = no
				NOT = { trait = incapable }
				age = 16
				NOT = { age = 40 }
				prisoner = no
			}
		}
		effect = {
			abdicate = yes
		}
		revoke_allowed = {
			always = no # Generic setting
		}
		ai_will_do = {
			factor = 0 # Zero chance the ai uses this
		}
	} 

That is the abdication decision.

As you can see it fires the heredity which is hardcoded into CK2 itself.

When something is not inherited there's a rather good chance the treasure itself is the culprit.

Long story short problems with treasure inheritance are problems of CK2 and not any mod.

You are barking up the wrong tree.

Maybe using current_heir = { inherit = ROOT } has a different behaviour in that regard?

It's probably more that CK2 assumes that the inheritance will occur on condition of death, and thus does not necessarily make all functions thereof part of inheritance. I tried it and found that I received neither the cash nor the treasury items (sword/saint relic/etc). These would probably require separate script functions to move over.