[mod] [CK2] Dark World: Reborn - Updated 01MAY2024

1 hour ago, Alaratt said:

You can mix most of the traits together, except vampire and werewolf. Not sure about orc and elf though.

I think vlad is the only vampire that makes more vampires. Only way you can become/make vampires is use console commands, starting campaigns, or making babies if you already have the trait.

Thanks a lot, will try to have babies with the concubine then. Vlad was sacrificed to the Norse gods when he declared war on Ragnar Lodbrok.

Okay,I have started playing Dark World recently and I liked very much.Butttttt I have problem with Harley events that they wont trigger at all.And I dont know is problem fix or there is solution on forums.Well,what ever case it is I will make reply here tell some bugs and watch people rageing on me beacuse I didn't use proper way(but i don't give a s#$&).Well this is actully first replay on Internet but that is beside points so moving on.

First bug complain i have that werewolf options to create bitch is now broken,second bug complain i have is about fisherman's wife when you on third pop event(at least i think) there is options to rape her with your bodyguard game crash but I get similar events so it might be isolated and mine last complain is more design nature about blood moon ritual.I decide to check Dark World to see difference between it and DWR and there i was midley shocked how game deep it is but I liked mehanic that you can ritual perform one per year where in DWR if you careful you can perform ritual twice.But this minor complain.

About Harley event I remember getting it once where she murdered me but that where I went feral with first character and my son inherited throne and get killed.So this might be problem with code where your first ruler need to go before when it get events.Also I decide to check it will start by removing Toshka sub-mods and didn't work i also see that sub-mods have dependency on DWR so could be check for it problems but if not fair enough.

Well that is ALL of complain and now some questions:

1.When fairy in bottle in exotic empirum will come I find it intruging.

2.Is race trait inheritance chances are same as in DW or there is some minor changes to it.

3.When cloths will thrown back in mods and when it come will be it as modfire or artifact.

4.When content update will come beacuse lasts updates were primary bugfixes(is it there a scheduled or mood swings).

Also I play CK2 on version 2.8.1. and I have all DLC's.

Well that is all and sorry if there some grammatical errors.

English isn't my primary language and that's all folk's.

1 hour ago, dewguru said:

It's been a good run. I'm done.

Best wishes to everyone.

I'll clean up what I've got and post it.

Well, if you are stopping.

I thank you for the amazing mod that made playing CK2 a bit more diverse.

I hope you have fun in your future projects and life in general.

Sad to see that you don't consider it fun anymore.

2 hours ago, JesusKreist said:

English isn't my first language either but "some grammatical errors" is the understatement of the year.

Like I stated I dont give a shit.

And

2 hours ago, dewguru said:

Best wishes to everyone.

So was life or you feel burn out?

@dewguru I'm sorry to hear you are leaving. I love your mod and had just started using it, but i get how time and energy consuming it can be. Thank your for all the work you put in.

That being said I have a question for anyone who can answer, cause I intend to use this mod as long as it works and in the hopes someone picks it up, maybe I even me in a few months if my programming skills have improved enough, and if I feel I have time and energy.

Anyway I wanted to know if portrait were suppose to change with trait?

Like when someone becomes tentacle-kin and gets the trait tentacle-kin, is he supposed to get a special portrait?

cause I know they are in the files I just don't know if it works.

If it's suppose to work, what might I be dong wrong?

If it ain't suppose to work, where should i start looking to make it work (tutorial, file in the mod, etc.)?

Thank you.

18 hours ago, dewguru said:

Best wishes to everyone.

Hate to see you go, but if it what you feel you need to do the : Best of luck! I hope you hang around at least, maybe not mod any more but still pop in from time to time. Hate to see you leave for good.

And I feel it must be said:

Thank you. This mod is by far one of the best available and we all appreciate the time and effort you put into it.  I wish you luck where ever the wind carries you my friend!

1 hour ago, benjo454 said:

@dewguru I'm sorry to hear you are leaving. I love your mod and had just started using it, but i get how time and energy consuming it can be. Thank your for all the work you put in.

That being said I have a question for anyone who can answer, cause I intend to use this mod as long as it works and in the hopes someone picks it up, maybe I even me in a few months if my programming skills have improved enough, and if I feel I have time and energy.

Like when someone becomes tentacle-kin and gets the trait tentacle-kin, is he supposed to get a special portrait?

If it ain't suppose to work, where should i start looking to make it work (tutorial, file in the mod, etc.)?

Thank you.

Portraits are added by an event when a child becomes an adult OR when you use the starting events. Specifically it handled by event DWCore.8010. 

2 hours ago, benjo454 said:

Thank you.

There are portraits for the tentacle kin but the portraits will usually only change when a kid becomes an adult. There are instructions 5-10 pages back on this thread saying how to change them with console commands but I didn't understand them very well. Other ways to change them is to through the starting campaigns(only works once and only what you selected in game rules), the succubus powers, or my preferred way is to console command their age to 15 and let them 'become adults' again, with the trait this time.

3 hours ago, Alaratt said:

There are portraits for the tentacle kin but the portraits will usually only change when a kid becomes an adult. There are instructions 5-10 pages back on this thread saying how to change them with console commands but I didn't understand them very well. Other ways to change them is to through the starting campaigns(only works once and only what you selected in game rules), the succubus powers, or my preferred way is to console command their age to 15 and let them 'become adults' again, with the trait this time.

It wasn't 5-10 pages back. It was 4 pages back.

And I really do not know what could be worded differently to enhance understanding.

On 3.2.2018 at 9:06 AM, JesusKreist said:

Step 1: Find out what number the portrait is that you have at C:\Users\USERNAME\Documents\Paradox Interactive\Crusader Kings II\mod\Dark World Reborn\gfx\static_portraits. They are numbered albeit no number is shown. There are 26 portraits per file. The numbers have no leading zeroes.

Step 2: Open console via § (on some keyboard layouts use left ALT + 21)

Step 3: remove_trait portraitNUMBER

Step 4: add_trait portraitNUMBER

1 hour ago, JesusKreist said:

It wasn't 5-10 pages back. It was 4 pages back.

And I really do not know what could be worded differently to enhance understanding.

I think 4 is pretty close to a rough estimate of 5-10..... the point being more that he didn't have to search through 133 pages to find it on his own, to do his own "homework". Also, I didn't say they were unable to be understood, just that I didn't understand them well enough to just explain it myself. When I see instructions I don't understand, my assumption is that I lack the basic understanding to follow them, not that I think that they are wrong.

All I see when I try step 1 is 25 dds files that in the preview box show some dots on the bottom edge of a white square. I am assuming there are 26 dots, but they are just dots to me. Not sure how to magnify the images and I have no experience with or own a program like photoshop. No idea where to go from there.

When something like this happens either I put the time into figuring it out, ask someone if I want to know REALLY bad, or move on. In this case I moved on because I don't mind the random, just happy to have a custom portrait. And happy to point someone in the right direction f it helps them out.

WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE???

Who is leaving?

@dewguru>>>>Posted Tuesday at 01:09 AM

I'm looking at releasing another update that will hit either this weekend (17-18) or next weekend (24-25).

I'm considering taking a small break afterwards. I ran into a wall of disinterest yesterday, and I think I need to poke at some other projects since I've only paid attention creatively to this mod for the past few months.

Here's the change log as it presently stands:

v1.63 (Dark World Reborn)
    - WARNING - THIS UPDATE IS NOT SAVE COMPATIBLE - START A NEW GAME
    - Fixed a number of decisions that were no longer allowing self-targeting (I was missing the _including_me filter add-on)
    - Fixed Marshall's Stable Morale event - to ensure that you even have a stable built for consideration in the first place
    - Fixed missing small portraits for some artifacts are now in the .gfx file
    - Added some new events, decisions, potential NPCs
    - Overhaul to standard pregnancy checks used by Dark World reborn
    - Fenris and Vlad now have set_character_flag = eunuch_gift, which ngppgn shared as a quick fix to keeping them from being sent to China to get snipped before they rise to power.
    - Jasmine is no longer randomly seeded in the world
    - New trait added
    - Adjusted ai shopping from once a year, to once every three years
    - Tweaked book artifacts, adding stacking = no in order to reduce the amount of potential books being moved around via inheritances
    - Alchemist shops built in cities should now let people use the Alchemist for shopping
    - Coliseum's built in cities should now let people use the visit arena decision
    - Slavery locations that trigger slavery use expanded to include scopes for city and trading post related buildings

Before saying bye-bye to someone and then the post-rolling starts, please, pay attention to latest posts....!

1 hour ago, Alaratt said:

All I see when I try step 1 is 25 dds files that in the preview box show some dots on the bottom edge of a white square. I am assuming there are 26 dots, but they are just dots to me. Not sure how to magnify the images and I have no experience with or own a program like photoshop. No idea where to go from there.

Windows on it's own does not know how to handle .dds files. Could have mentioned that but felt that info is redundant ...

Programs to use:

GIMP (GNU Image Manipulation Program)

Paint.Net

Just two examples.

Both are free.

You can very easily zoom a picture by ... well zooming.

And just to make sure: you don't need to do anything to the file. The changing of the portrait is done in CK2 you just need the number of the portrait.

4 hours ago, Drax70 said:

WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE???

Who is leaving?

@dewguru>>>>Posted Tuesday at 01:09 AM

Before saying bye-bye to someone and then the post-rolling starts, please, pay attention to latest posts....!

On 2/14/2018 at 5:59 AM, dewguru said:

Best wishes to everyone.

@Drax70 Rather than berate people, take your own advice and read what he posted AFTER that!

Yeeees, aaaand he is done for the time being so he can move to another project, AFTER, he has some rest from this mod.

Ooooor maybe HE can clarify that!

Is he done for good or return after his rest and finish his other project or will the mod remain unfinished till some other modder receives the "OK" to continue his work!

Man can only hope for that, this awsome mod needs to continues to improve!!!

Again, speculations... :\

@zia @Alaratt @JesusKreist Thank you for your answers and saving me the time to got through the 134 pages, even if it was 4-10 pages back, it could've been 36. It at least explains the behaviour of my game and means that everything currently works as it should be. I'll still look at how the Blind and one-eyed trait work though, because as soon as you get those your portrait is modified by the game. So maybe there is a way to apply it to trait like vampire, incubus, tentacle-kin etc. It would save the in game manipulation and automatically apply it to npc as well. I'll try to see if i find something, if i do I'll share the knowledge. And who knows maybe @dewguru will look into it upon his return, if like @Drax70 supposes. I really hope so, but the second message seem more final like @NoxBestia said. Well lets cross our fingers for clarifications or his unforetold return.

Thanks everyone.

2 hours ago, benjo454 said:

@zia @Alaratt @JesusKreist Thank you for your answers and saving me the time to got through the 134 pages, even if it was 4-10 pages back, it could've been 36. It at least explains the behaviour of my game and means that everything currently works as it should be. I'll still look at how the Blind and one-eyed trait work though, because as soon as you get those your portrait is modified by the game. So maybe there is a way to apply it to trait like vampire, incubus, tentacle-kin etc. It would save the in game manipulation and automatically apply it to npc as well. I'll try to see if i find something, if i do I'll share the knowledge. And who knows maybe @dewguru will look into it upon his return, if like @Drax70 supposes. I really hope so, but the second message seem more final like @NoxBestia said. Well lets cross our fingers for clarifications or his unforetold return.

Thanks everyone.

Be careful with that one.  It is done through modifying interface/portrait_properties/00_portrait_properties.txt, which is a single file across all mods.  If anyone changes it, then things break for any other mod that changes it.

I believe there is a much better way to do it, though it is a lot harder to explain since I don't yet fully understand all of the nuances.  However, I am using the method with any culturally muslim male with the trap trait to make them appear as a female.  Currently I am experimenting with that very code as a way for my Kitsune to shapeshift, giving appropriate character portraits to match their current form.  I'll let you know how it works out and share my code once I am done and once I can explain it a bit better.

EDIT: It works.  I made this post about it in my NDPA forum.  The code itself will be in my next upload and then I can try to answer any questions about it.

Thanks for the words of support/encouragement.

To address a few questions/comments.

• I'm still going to release something before the end of the month.
  • Right now - if they released another DLC in the next six months or so, I'd update Dark World Reborn if it was necessary to maintain its functionality.
  • With the way ck2 mods work, and the number of sub-mods that vary in what they offer out there, I don't foresee handing the reigns over to anyone else at the moment.
  • I'm going work on some other projects, and enjoy some games.
  • I still enjoy playing ck2, so I may modify Dark World Reborn for my own enjoyment, and if I do, I would imagine I'll post the results for those who were interested.

I also reserve the right to someday experience a complete change of heart and desire once more to push forward on things.

I just know I'll be taking a serious break, that could potentially see me never fully returning to work on it.