Finally gave in...

Use OBMM (oblivion mod manager) for the game don't use NMM (nexus mod manager) as it tends to install/uninstall stuff wrong. Also if you have LOOT throw it or put it somewhere as it's junk for oblivion use BOSS instead. The reason for this is because LOOT is not being updated for oblivion BOSS on the other hand has been updated and will sort mod way better then LOOT anyway. Don't install the game to your steam program folder instead install it to your games folder. Reason is because of permission errors that you can get from having it installed there.

For body you could get the setbody reloaded mod found on LL it has almost all of the oblivion bodies in it and to change the body size and type all you need to do is cast a spell pick the one you want and presto body changed you can also do that for each NPC there is also the auto one where each NPC will have a random body.

After who knows how long, I finally bought it.  I've been debating on it for a long time.

I picked up the Game of the Year Deluxe Edition on Steam.  I guess it has all the DLC

Anyone got any suggestions on mods?  I bought the Game of the Year Deluxe edition.

These mods are good for "fixing" Bethesdas lore change (i.e. we want the LOTR crowd :lol: ) of Cyrodiil from a jungle to European forest:

Most is Endless Jungle - A lore based Environmental Overhaul, or, Jungle For Everyone (I think I personally used Most and then used the palm trees from Jungle);

Mossy Ayleid Ruins;

Jungle Ambiance

Really makes playing the game far more interesting the wandering around in some generic forest for parts of the game, and discovering ancient ruins covered in vines and vegetation becomes an absolute blast.

Use OBMM (oblivion mod manager) for the game don't use NMM (nexus mod manager) as it tends to install/uninstall stuff wrong. Also if you have LOOT throw it or put it somewhere as it's junk for oblivion use BOSS instead. The reason for this is because LOOT is not being updated for oblivion BOSS on the other hand has been updated and will sort mod way better then LOOT anyway. Don't install the game to your steam program folder instead install it to your games folder. Reason is because of permission errors that you can get from having it installed there.

For body you could get the setbody reloaded mod found on LL it has almost all of the oblivion bodies in it and to change the body size and type all you need to do is cast a spell pick the one you want and presto body changed you can also do that for each NPC there is also the auto one where each NPC will have a random body.

But I thought LOOT is BOSS just updated? I've never had issues with LOOT and Oblvion.

OCO is highly recommended.  Lovers mods will eventually be converted away from MBP to take advantage OCO.

I like this change, it was a real pain in the ass trying to hunt down the MBP downloads and having to go through Asian websites, and then not having a good idea what to click on, because Google translate wasn't doing a very good job.

@RapidWaterOver

LOOT is *no longer* being updated for oblivion which makes it junk to use for oblivion as it will not sort it correctly. BOSS on the other hand has been updated with a new masterlist. I believe LOOT is fine to use it with fallout games as I see people saying to use it but for oblivion everyone will say BOSS.

Never had a problem finding the MBP files most everything I got was found on the nexus minus the one I got from LL.

@RapidWaterOver

LOOT is *no longer* being updated for oblivion which makes it junk to use for oblivion as it will not sort it correctly. BOSS on the other hand has been updated with a new masterlist. I believe LOOT is fine to use it with fallout games as I see people saying to use it but for oblivion everyone will say BOSS.

Never had a problem finding the MBP files most everything I got was found on the nexus minus the one I got from LL.

I looked at BOSS's site and I guess you were right, but they did say this:

Using mods for Skyrim, Fallout 3 or Fallout: New Vegas? Use LOOT instead, as BOSS's support for those games is relatively poor and no longer maintained. Oblivion users can also use LOOT, but may find that BOSS performs better, depending on the mods they use.

Which explains why most people claim that BOSS works better, but when I used BOSS it didn't work as well as when I used LOOT.

Archived