Would You Recommend Fallout 4 To A Friend?

Personnally dont get how/why anyone would play 108 hours of something they werent enjoying so i'm always rather skeptical when people say that, if i dont like a game i play atmost a few hours and then give up but anyway...

on the entertainment to cost (assuming £39.99 price) with 108 hours that 37 p for an hours entertainment which sounds quite reasonable/good value to me so i'd recommend in your place

Or maybe they were searching for something that would make them have fun since they bought it already, i mean i hear lots of these arguments "why you played it 100h when you didnt enjoy it"

Then when someone says they played 20h they get a response "you cant judge such a big game with so little time invested in!!!1111"...basically 100 or 20 there is always an excuse at hand that they are wrong, right?

This. FO4 wasn't not fun for me but it wasn't as fun as i expected it to be based on 3 and nv, which i did enjoy despite some humongous flaws. For everything FO4 did good, there was at least something that it did worse than 3 or nv, or not at all. Good combat? Worse RPG mechanics. Settlements? Repetitive dungeons. Voiced protag? Restrictive dialogue choices. Crafting? Fetch quests. You get the idea. None of this makes it a bad game, just not as good as it could have been because it lacks most of the previous games best features.

Personnally dont get how/why anyone would play 108 hours of something they werent enjoying so i'm always rather skeptical when people say that, if i dont like a game i play atmost a few hours and then give up but anyway...

on the entertainment to cost (assuming £39.99 price) with 108 hours that 37 p for an hours entertainment which sounds quite reasonable/good value to me so i'd recommend in your place

Or maybe they were searching for something that would make them have fun since they bought it already, i mean i hear lots of these arguments "why you played it 100h when you didnt enjoy it"

Then when someone says they played 20h they get a response "you cant judge such a big game with so little time invested in!!!1111"...basically 100 or 20 there is always an excuse at hand that they are wrong, right?

Well bearing in mind that i didnt actually voice that opinion i think that 100+ hours is a sign of real determination (4 days no sleep playthrough or if like me you have more limited time due to work 33+ days of 2 - 3 hour sessions) to get value for money when you don't enjoy or holding something up to an unreachable standard (similar to how everybody hates vanilla skyrim yet everybody still brought vanilla skyrim)

As i said i personnally would only play for a few hours and i do have games on my steam list that either 1. werent what i was expecting 2. have issues with the interface that i find makes it unplayable 3. are basically a re-skin of a game i already own 4. just didn't that like i have less than 10 hours play on and i dont feel the need to spend my precious time on them validating my feelings about them by clocking up another 90 hours game play

But thats just me

Well not everyone throws 40-60$ or more for a game and when they dont like it, just shelve it somewhere.

Some people are going to play to find their moneys worth, wich reminds me of one article about FO4 where someone did exactly the same, they were playing and playing trying to find something interesting,here they found a tunnel that had picked their interest so in hopes to find something different then ghouls or raiders they went in and found...either ghouls or raiders to kill and that was pretty much with everything they found..kill kill kill.

Since this is an open world many people are going to search in hopes to find interesting stuff but in the end if they dont find it even after many hours played what are they supposed to say when someone says "100h? you must have had fun otherwise you wouldnt play" and to that i would say using the same logic "i had to first find it because its an big open world".

Im not saying they didnt had some form of fun, but this particular excuse always comes for bethesda games.

Does this answer your question, pinky? I spent serious money on this and was determined to get my money's worth since you can't return Steam games once they've been activated. There was also the misplaced faith that I'd something more than "kill everything at X" quests, that different factions would have more choices in the story, etc. Not to mention how much time finding my way to any given point took when I had to first discover it, or when I had to avoid areas the most direct route took because they passed by or through encounters or even zones too high level for me to survive. Walking around undiscovered areas alone took hours at a time. Maybe I could have cut that down by using console codes but it's a little late for that.

That time was also spread out across several complete restarts when the game started breaking down and corrupted all of my saves. That alone nearly made me shelve this thing. But I'm a stubborn sonofabitch that couldn't just stop halfway through something until I worked through the problems. It's a virtue in the workplace but apparently not in gaming.

Does this answer your question, pinky?

It is an answer, as i mentioned its not one i can imagine doing myself (when hand is stuck in thornbush and it hurts i don't drive my hand in further to see if it becomes fun), so if you had absolutely zero fun then don't recommend although respect to the determination required for getting your moneys worth from the game

Guest endgameaddiction

Well bearing in mind that i didnt actually voice that opinion i think that 100+ hours is a sign of real determination (4 days no sleep playthrough or if like me you have more limited time due to work 33+ days of 2 - 3 hour sessions) to get value for money when you don't enjoy or holding something up to an unreachable standard (similar to how everybody hates vanilla skyrim yet everybody still brought vanilla skyrim)

As i said i personnally would only play for a few hours and i do have games on my steam list that either 1. werent what i was expecting 2. have issues with the interface that i find makes it unplayable 3. are basically a re-skin of a game i already own 4. just didn't that like i have less than 10 hours play on and i dont feel the need to spend my precious time on them validating my feelings about them by clocking up another 90 hours game play

But thats just me

Well not everyone throws 40-60$ or more for a game and when they dont like it, just shelve it somewhere.

Some people are going to play to find their moneys worth, wich reminds me of one article about FO4 where someone did exactly the same, they were playing and playing trying to find something interesting,here they found a tunnel that had picked their interest so in hopes to find something different then ghouls or raiders they went in and found...either ghouls or raiders to kill and that was pretty much with everything they found..kill kill kill.

Since this is an open world many people are going to search in hopes to find interesting stuff but in the end if they dont find it even after many hours played what are they supposed to say when someone says "100h? you must have had fun otherwise you wouldnt play" and to that i would say using the same logic "i had to first find it because its an big open world".

Im not saying they didnt had some form of fun, but this particular excuse always comes for bethesda games.

Does this answer your question, pinky? I spent serious money on this and was determined to get my money's worth since you can't return Steam games once they've been activated. There was also the misplaced faith that I'd something more than "kill everything at X" quests, that different factions would have more choices in the story, etc. Not to mention how much time finding my way to any given point took when I had to first discover it, or when I had to avoid areas the most direct route took because they passed by or through encounters or even zones too high level for me to survive. Walking around undiscovered areas alone took hours at a time. Maybe I could have cut that down by using console codes but it's a little late for that.

That time was also spread out across several complete restarts when the game started breaking down and corrupted all of my saves. That alone nearly made me shelve this thing. But I'm a stubborn sonofabitch that couldn't just stop halfway through something until I worked through the problems. It's a virtue in the workplace but apparently not in gaming.

It's always been like that with games since hard copies. It's either a hit or miss. Either the game is good and was worth your money, or it wasn't. This is specifically why I have never pre-ordered a game. And why it sucks not being able to try demos.

It's not worth spending so much money on each game only to have 2/10 games worth the investment. It's bullshit to throw away money like that.

It is my belief that Fallout 4 is the best Bethesda RPG ever produced.  I know that I am in the minority, but there it is.  I have recommended the game strongly to all 4 of my friends.  The two that purchased it loved the game; and they were both seasoned Bethesda fans as well.  All of us are active tabletop Roleplayers, and active video gamers as well.  Maybe the fact that we love video games that are non-RPG as well as RPGs plays a factor.

I don't really understand all of the hate that FO4 is getting.  The only thing that I can come up with is that people who hate the game must have a narrow view of what an RPG is, and/or don't enjoy non-RPG games.  This has a lot of awesome non-RPG game elements.  If none of them are your thing, I can see why it would make the game seem less appealing I suppose.  Ranting that the voiced protaginist makes it less of an RPG is just . . . well, I don't want to go there; but MANY very popular RPGs that are produce have a voiced protagonist (Bioware games being the obvious example that comes to mind).  I get the "it's about time" felling when it comes to the voiced protagonist, and I hope the trend continues in future Bethesda RPGs.

Fallout 4 has some issues, but that is what video games are these days.  Compared to other games at release FO4 is at or near the top as far as things that work v/s things that do not.

I'd recommend it as a really well realised, coherent world environment

Also for the side quests, the ability to tailor weapons to your play style, and the immersion (DJ radio chat, player having an impact on gameworld, interesting NPCs)

Also for the ability to build what ever you want; feels like a good achievement (I would have expected more crashes from that feature)

I still prefer dragons, goblins, swords and fantasy so would applaud Bethesda if they ditched fallout franchise (quicker elder scrolls releases).

And it was a bit disappointing that a moderately patched skyrim would look much better. 

Pretty good though, overall.

It's always been like that with games since hard copies. It's either a hit or miss. Either the game is good and was worth your money, or it wasn't. This is specifically why I have never pre-ordered a game. And why it sucks not being able to try demos.

It's not worth spending so much money on each game only to have 2/10 games worth the investment. It's bullshit to throw away money like that.

Yeah, I broke my own cardinal rule of buying (never buy anything until it's been out for a few months and user reviews come in). But like a naïve fool I thought Bethesda could put something with a little bit of quest variety, a half-decent plotline, and somewhat interesting overall character. Largely because I'm a huge fan of the previous games and I let that blind me. As for the money, that's water under the bridge now. More important is the reminder of said cardinal rule and the realization that BGS has lost all sight of what they're doing.

Archived