Originally I wasn't planning on posting about the mod myself, but might as well drop here a bit of an update here. 

It's been a long while since any of us posted progress on the parasite model, and just about as much time since the last time I touched it, but I can now say that the hipoly model is done, at least for the basic version. The lowpoly mesh was also modified so that the tentacles can be replaced, making the armor modifiable at some point.

Have some pics:

post-205421-0-16295800-1483910248_thumb.png

post-205421-0-17246200-1483910294_thumb.png

post-205421-0-32663500-1483910267_thumb.png

post-205421-0-34735500-1483910317_thumb.png

post-205421-0-92253600-1483910340_thumb.png

Next steps are fitting the lowpoly to the hipoly mesh (don't worry, it will be well optimized), baking maps and fixing the clipping parts, which were expected while sculpting. I'll show some more progress in a few days once I'm done with baking and making basic textures.

Originally I wasn't planning on posting about the mod myself, but might as well drop here a bit of an update here. 

It's been a long while since any of us posted progress on the parasite model, and just about as much time since the last time I touched it, but I can now say that the hipoly model is done, at least for the basic version. The lowpoly mesh was also modified so that the tentacles can be replaced, making the armor modifiable at some point.

Have some pics:

Next steps are fitting the lowpoly to the hipoly mesh (don't worry, it will be well optimized), baking maps and fixing the clipping parts, which were expected while sculpting. I'll show some more progress in a few days once I'm done with baking and making basic textures.

Oooh boi!

You could let the author know that several people here would be happy to help with testing!

I asked him about uploading it here and he refused to let me do it. When I asked him why not he just said that its never allowed to be uploaded to here even when finished.

Sounds like the author doesn't like loverslab... weird.

Does LoversLab have a bad rep or a negative environment for modders trying to post? 

Don't get me wrong, to each their own. But if not here where? This one'll be a bit to risque for Nexus. Is there another big mod site for naughty stuff like this? Seriously, because I have no clue on this stuff. 

You could let the author know that several people here would be happy to help with testing!

I asked him about uploading it here and he refused to let me do it. When I asked him why not he just said that its never allowed to be uploaded to here even when finished.

Sounds like the author doesn't like loverslab... weird.

Does LoversLab have a bad rep or a negative environment for modders trying to post?

Don't get me wrong, to each their own. But if not here where? This one'll be a bit to risque for Nexus. Is there another big mod site for naughty stuff like this? Seriously, because I have no clue on this stuff.

To be honest this site is pretty friendly to modders, not much console player or mad pc players... so it's probably just a personal preference for this specific modder.

Generally if a modder doesn't want to upload their stuff here it can be for a myriad of reasons. Some of the bigger reasons are that because of the world we live in now where employers and others can track down your connections, some modders don't want to be associated with LL because of the highly deviant nature of what this site is. Let's face it, there are very very few restrictions about what mods can be uploaded here. That means that there are mods here that cater to nearly all of the socially taboo fetishes in this day and age. So as a texture artist myself, I would be concerned with uploading something here because of the possible connection someone could make to the public/IRL 'me' were I trying to find a job or something else where someone may be prompted or tempted to delve into my private life. 

Not saying that is the OP's reason for not uploading the mod here. I just want to bring a level of awareness to the situation before people perhaps jump to the conclusion that this or that modder has some bone to pick with LL or that the LL community somehow instigates or incites modders to host their mods somewhere else. 

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hello, I would like to ask you if I could try and create model for firearm based on your concept,  for this mod.

I'm new to moddelling itself, but I found out I like it, and I would like to support you with this mod, if it is still active.

I also have pretty lot of free time, so I can work on it a lot.

Thanks for reply.

Edit:

I have little problem with tentacle part of model, I can do it but I don't know how to increase its quality, if you have any advice, it would help :).

Basic mesh is already done, I will keep on increasing quality and adding details, even if I wont be able to finish it I hope you could use it once I'm done with it.

Dead mod? I really want something like this in Fallout...

Its on its way if ya read the first page planned around somewhere near summer.

Last Active Nov 17 2016 07:54 AM <- Author last time seen/heard from

last reply from dev team = jan 08

Be patient. It's not dead until the devs come here and say it's dead. Been following this a long time, these devs ain't the kind of people that would just abandon a project without letting us know. But they are doing this in their spare time, subject to the whims of men and women who do it because they like to, so just be patient.

Have some pics:

Have some pics:

Ah shit, I was hoping no one would quote me on that :D

Truth being told, things have been quiet lately. Others are basically waiting for me to finish the model (and hopefully experimenting on the scripting side) while I haven't had much time or energy to work on the model. I'm the only modeler in the team, so we're a bit stuck with the armor. It's not a lack of knowhow that's the issue, it's the lack of resources. 

I'm sorry it wasn't better news, but I'd rather tell this myself than to just fade into the darkness without a single word. I know I would love to have a mod like this in the game as well, but things are progressing extremely slowly, and judging by the lack of activity in the group chat, I'm not the only one with issues...

Ah shit, I was hoping no one would quote me on that :D

Truth being told, things have been quiet lately. Others are basically waiting for me to finish the model (and hopefully experimenting on the scripting side) while I haven't had much time or energy to work on the model. I'm the only modeler in the team, so we're a bit stuck with the armor. It's not a lack of knowhow that's the issue, it's the lack of resources. 

I'm sorry it wasn't better news, but I'd rather tell this myself than to just fade into the darkness without a single word. I know I would love to have a mod like this in the game as well, but things are progressing extremely slowly, and judging by the lack of activity in the group chat, I'm not the only one with issues...

I am both sorry for poking the bear, and grateful for your attention. You do you, don't let the impatience of the masses get to you. It's done when it's done, and in the mean time, thank you for the heads up.

Its still dead i guess.

Probably dead, but no reason to start hitting it with a stick.

You're not exactly providing encouragement you know.........

39982-2-1296399283.jpg

Blue shirt: Go over there and see if its dead....

Red shirt: No I think its still wiggling..... Aaaaaaaahhhhhhh!!!!

Blue shirt: well maybe there is life still in there somewhere... who owns something like that?

Moral of the Story: Don't poke anything with a stick!

Oh well. It if happens, it happens. I know how hard moding can be. 

Oh well. It if happens, it happens. I know how hard moding can be. 

Well, you can add your little own bit if you are wiling to sacrifice some time.

I'm trying to create model for Needle gun r.n. for example.

They are really low on staff so I think any help will be appreciated.

• 1 month later...