Current state of Mod Organizer support for Fallout 4?

Alan47

Hi,

I'd like to start modding my F4, but I don't want to use Nexus Mod Manager, because it overrides files - which is the main reason why I love Mod Organizer so much. A quick google told me that MO is not yet ready for F4, but I wasn't able to find more details or more recent information.

So - what's the current state? Any ETAs? Or is NMM a little better than it used to be, i.e. doesn't override files anymore?

Thanks,

Alan

Alright, thanks guys. Judging from the GitHub issues, things are working out well for MO, with a few minor issues regarding the virtual file system left to be sorted out. From the look of things, I would assume that we will see a stable version in 1 or 2 months from now. Which is also the release window for the creation kit.

I'd prefer to use MO over NMM. The former gives me more control over mod archive organization so I can better see what's overwriting what, not to mention it can reorganize said archives for better compatibility if it detects conflicts. Plus it lets me choose mod profiles, localize save games, and otherwise do things that NMM doesn't. It takes more skill to use but it's worth it.

I'd prefer to use MO over NMM. The latter gives me more control over mod archive organization so I can better see what's overwriting what, not to mention it can reorganize said archives for better compatibility if it detects conflicts. Plus it lets me choose mod profiles, localize save games, and otherwise do things that NMM doesn't. It takes more skill to use but it's worth it.

The former*. ;)

I'd prefer to use MO over NMM. The latter gives me more control over mod archive organization so I can better see what's overwriting what, not to mention it can reorganize said archives for better compatibility if it detects conflicts. Plus it lets me choose mod profiles, localize save games, and otherwise do things that NMM doesn't. It takes more skill to use but it's worth it.

The former*. ;)

Whoops. Thanks for pointing out the typo.

Guest endgameaddiction

I am using Windows 7 and run into an error when trying to launch MO last time I tried.

If you can't get MO to work for you the way you want NMM is an acceptable option for now.

rc is right. NMM is the temporary solution until MO is finally reached a beta version that is in a more working condition. Then everyone can drop NMM and go MO. :P

I am using Windows 7 and run into an error when trying to launch MO last time I tried.

If you can't get MO to work for you the way you want NMM is an acceptable option for now.

rc is right. NMM is the temporary solution until MO is finally reached a beta version that is in a more working condition. Then everyone can drop NMM and go MO. :P

MO really should be for those testing and understand what is going on and willing to deal with the issues. I wouldn't say it is mainstream yet. I believe that is what endgameaddiction is also stating. I am a very big fan of MO and would love to use it for Fallout 4 right now but am not sure if even I personally want to use it yet.

I've already read some reports on GitHub that it's working for some people already. The issue is getting it into a stable state. But I think the developer is not so far away from a release as some people here think.

He is very close and does a great deal of work as evident with the shear massive amount of updates he does from the 32bit manager before. I will be looking at the newest version shortly to see if my issue r/t the install has been resolved. It might even be on my end and have nothing to do with the manager itself.

MO really should be for those testing and understand what is going on and willing to deal with the issues. I wouldn't say it is mainstream yet. I believe that is what endgameaddiction is also stating. I am a very big fan of MO and would love to use it for Fallout 4 right now but am not sure if even I personally want to use it yet.

As of today, 1/10/2016 NMM is NOT a viable solution for some of us.  I just tried to upgrade Nexus Mod Manager 0.61.5 today and got a rude surprise.  The new version requires an upgrade to Microsoft .NET Framework 4.6.  And guess what?  That upgrade requires Win 7 SP1 as a minimum.  Unfortunately, over the past 3+ years I have never been successful in getting win7 sp1 to install on my any of computers.  I have 3...2 of which I built myself (both with legal copies of win7) and an acer laptop with win7 pre-installed.  I've searched the web and tried all the recommended fixes with no luck.  So now, not only am I not able to upgrade to win10, I can't install .NET Framework 4.6 which makes NMM dead to me.  I'm sure I'm not the only one with this problem.  I tried reverting to version 0.61.4 using the release notes and download links page in the Nexus Forums.  I successfully installed it but it will not start. I'm completely stumped. Does anyone have a way to reinstall a previous version on NMM that does not require NWT 4.6 to run?  Or will I just have to wait until Mod Organizer is ready for FO4?

Guest endgameaddiction

The same can be said about Mod Organizer not supporting winXP with the later versions. Not the new alpha MO, the old one that people are still using for Skyrim, Fallout 3, NV and Oblivion right now. I'm not sure if tannin will continue to modify the old versions for 32bit support.

About your win7 OS not being able to install. Have you tried taking it to a pro? Money isn't something someone wants to spend but buying the OS only to sit there is pretty much throwing away money. Win7 is good and will do you good for next gen games. RitualClarity, or anyone around here could more than likely help you with getting things working. Though, I would just open a new topic in technical support in the General section at the bottom and you'll have people offering advice.

As of today, 1/10/2016 NMM is NOT a viable solution for some of us.  I just tried to upgrade Nexus Mod Manager 0.61.5 today and got a rude surprise.  The new version requires an upgrade to Microsoft .NET Framework 4.6.  And guess what?  That upgrade requires Win 7 SP1 as a minimum.  Unfortunately, over the past 3+ years I have never been successful in getting win7 sp1 to install on my any of computers.  I have 3...2 of which I built myself (both with legal copies of win7) and an acer laptop with win7 pre-installed.  I've searched the web and tried all the recommended fixes with no luck.  So now, not only am I not able to upgrade to win10, I can't install .NET Framework 4.6 which makes NMM dead to me.  I'm sure I'm not the only one with this problem.  I tried reverting to version 0.61.4 using the release notes and download links page in the Nexus Forums.  I successfully installed it but it will not start. I'm completely stumped. Does anyone have a way to reinstall a previous version on NMM that does not require NWT 4.6 to run?  Or will I just have to wait until Mod Organizer is ready for FO4?

If your computer hardware is able to support Win 7 it can be installed. I had some problems on a few builds I did. Ended up being the security feature of the bios not allowing it. I created a thumb drive loaded wth the OS and booted to USB to install it after making a few changes to the bios. Don't remember what they were. It was on the web easily found.

The same can be said about Mod Organizer not supporting winXP with the later versions. Not the new alpha MO, the old one that people are still using for Skyrim, Fallout 3, NV and Oblivion right now. I'm not sure if tannin will continue to modify the old versions for 32bit support.

About your win7 OS not being able to install. Have you tried taking it to a pro? Money isn't something someone wants to spend but buying the OS only to sit there is pretty much throwing away money. Win7 is good and will do you good for next gen games. RitualClarity, or anyone around here could more than likely help you with getting things working. Though, I would just open a new topic in technical support in the General section at the bottom and you'll have people offering advice.

Yes. if the equipment does support Win7 then yes.if you can't install it take it to a tech or work with some tech savvy friend they can get it installed. If it sint' supporting hardware then yes.. you are stuck until you upgrade the hardware.

Alpha 3 is compatible with Win 7 x64 and it works with Bodyslide, for the most part. Doesn't look like Overwrite folder is functional yet, so that might cause some problems.

Overall it's somewhat unstable, like for example I have to restart it if I want to completely delete a mod, but I'm still using it over NMM.

For me, on Windows 10 Home 64-bit.

alpha2 would get to the load/new game, options screen on fallout 4, only problem would be no load even though mo showed saves being there, when I choose new game, I would get sound for a bit then fallout 4 would just go to a black screen, it did not crash or anything it just sat on a black screen.

alpah3, well that will not even start, tried the github answers and still no go, so I am going with nmm at present, when mo2 is working as intended pretty much I will clean my fallout 4 folder and restart the game from scratch again.  Hopefully that will be around the time the ck for Fallout 4 is released.

Archived