post your sexy screens here!

Just a few pics of a new mashup I have been working on.  Getting the stockings semi transparent was a pain.  Luckily I found a thread here that helped me figure it out.

attachicon.giftrinity35.png

attachicon.giftrinity34.png

attachicon.giftrinity33.png

Awesome shots. Nice mashup.

What was your ultimate technique for semitransparent?

There's a couple ways to go about it but yours turned out quite nice.

Thank you

Well unfortunately my normal method didnt work.  Normally I just go into GIMP and add the alpha layer.  Then in nifskope I add a NiAlphaProperty to the BSLightingShaderProperty.  Then just set the BGSM file and I'm good to go.  Normally for the BGSM I check the Alpha test box, set Alpha Blend to standard and Alpha Test reference to 0.

For these stockings I tried working on them for a couple days and nothing I tried worked.  What I ended up having to do was delete the BSLightingShaderProperty and inserting a BSEffectShaderProperty instead.  Then generate a BGEM for the material file.  For the BGEM I set the Alpha Blend mode to standard and Alpha Test Reference to 127.  The texture I did the same way as usual.  The thing that was killing me was the stocking had the semi transparent appearance in nifskope and OS but would be solid black in game or be invisible. 

Just a few pics of a new mashup I have been working on. Getting the stockings semi transparent was a pain. Luckily I found a thread here that helped me figure it out.

Thank you

Well unfortunately my normal method didnt work. Normally I just go into GIMP and add the alpha layer. Then in nifskope I add a NiAlphaProperty to the BSLightingShaderProperty. Then just set the BGSM file and I'm good to go. Normally for the BGSM I check the Alpha test box, set Alpha Blend to standard and Alpha Test reference to 0.

For these stockings I tried working on them for a couple days and nothing I tried worked. What I ended up having to do was delete the BSLightingShaderProperty and inserting a BSEffectShaderProperty instead. Then generate a BGEM for the material file. For the BGEM I set the Alpha Blend mode to standard and Alpha Test Reference to 127. The texture I did the same way as usual. The thing that was killing me was the stocking had the semi transparent appearance in nifskope and OS but would be solid black in game or be invisible.

It's tough. FO4 doesn't handle semi transparent well. Some people just opt to adjust the alpha value in the material file to 0.7 or so and call it a day. Without adjusting anything else this does create semi transparency. Sometimes it produces a pixely effect but it does help to have the right environment mapping texture.

Still on the hunt for a true fix but you could give this a try. Worked decently in some of the outfits I ported.

Thanks for the info on your method. Hopefully we will find the perfect solution eventually.

Just a few pics of a new mashup I have been working on. Getting the stockings semi transparent was a pain. Luckily I found a thread here that helped me figure it out.

Thank you

Well unfortunately my normal method didnt work. Normally I just go into GIMP and add the alpha layer. Then in nifskope I add a NiAlphaProperty to the BSLightingShaderProperty. Then just set the BGSM file and I'm good to go. Normally for the BGSM I check the Alpha test box, set Alpha Blend to standard and Alpha Test reference to 0.

For these stockings I tried working on them for a couple days and nothing I tried worked. What I ended up having to do was delete the BSLightingShaderProperty and inserting a BSEffectShaderProperty instead. Then generate a BGEM for the material file. For the BGEM I set the Alpha Blend mode to standard and Alpha Test Reference to 127. The texture I did the same way as usual. The thing that was killing me was the stocking had the semi transparent appearance in nifskope and OS but would be solid black in game or be invisible.

It's tough. FO4 doesn't handle semi transparent well. Some people just opt to adjust the alpha value in the material file to 0.7 or so and call it a day. Without adjusting anything else this does create semi transparency. Sometimes it produces a pixely effect but it does help to have the right environment mapping texture.

Still on the hunt for a true fix but you could give this a try. Worked decently in some of the outfits I ported.

Thanks for the info on your method. Hopefully we will find the perfect solution eventually.

I tried the other way by just tweaking the alpha value first but didnt like the way it looked for some stuff.  Like you said it can be pixelated.  Thats why I went to try and find something else that worked.  At first I though I had found a way that would work for everything but that was not the case.  These stockings were the first ones that gave me real difficulties. 

Here are a few other transparencies I have done using the standard way I have been doing it.  I think It comes out looking pretty good.

post-677025-0-50947900-1487055714_thumb.png

post-677025-0-49767000-1487055732_thumb.png

post-677025-0-00265200-1487055749_thumb.png

Also thank you for all the work you have done porting the outfits.

Thank you

I tried the other way by just tweaking the alpha value first but didnt like the way it looked for some stuff. Like you said it can be pixelated. Thats why I went to try and find something else that worked. At first I though I had found a way that would work for everything but that was not the case. These stockings were the first ones that gave me real difficulties.

Here are a few other transparencies I have done using the standard way I have been doing it. I think It comes out looking pretty good.

trinity41.png

trinity42.png

trinity43.png

Also thank you for all the work you have done porting the outfits.

These look fantastic. Any way you could pm me your meshes, textures, and materials so I can check out your technique?