20 hours ago, Inte said:

It only happens with heavy bondage devices, e.g. elbowbinders. 

Oddly enough, it happens randomly with everything (a hood caused the last CTD during the "power return" effect)

Even worse, the effect doesn't play every time I remove devices with DDe, but if it does I get CTD.

The DDe item xx01e434, does it use a body slot?

20 hours ago, Inte said:

Let me know if you CTD by just removing that.

Tested a red elbowbinder that normally caused a crash during the effect "power returns" plays if I remove it with DDe during the effect "power returns" plays.

I used player.removeitem [BF]01e434 and after that non of the removed devices via DDe caused a CTD.

I'm not sure if anything got removed using the console command (I rarely need to use console).

Spoiler

First try to remove the same elbowbinder with DDe caused a CTD during the "power returns" effect.

Here the second try:

Removing the DDe item via console.

It says "GetItemCount >> 0.00" hope that's the correct response.

1297810574_enb2020_09_0104_17_24_21.jpg.2b84533a02462fc89d18bb6b5952a698.jpg

Checking selected actor

184096355_enb2020_09_0104_17_46_56.jpg.95b55e7c16215c50a5d987b01c27a96b.jpg

Refreshing!

DDe is working... a lot, because lots of devices on that poor PC ?

1658981581_enb2020_09_0104_18_00_90.jpg.4628cf001f70082c8ff5b3d04da9c069.jpg

Red waxed Elbowbinder targeted and removed ?

741004442_enb2020_09_0104_18_19_56.jpg.fb14724d6e221b1b9daf0cbfe0a3c2f8.jpg

DDe MCM closed aaaannnd... Success! That's not my desktop ?

1038037674_enb2020_09_0104_18_30_78.jpg.26f09af21bf04f7094300ced71d27238.jpg

Another test with a "hood". Those usually can cause CTD too.

78681637_enb2020_09_0104_19_11_56.jpg.ba38342dddb7f1f004fad35a81f88829.jpg

Yeeeaww! Fresh air at last =D

947877311_enb2020_09_0104_19_21_84.jpg.620f5d288672567aae06cae4246274b0.jpg

This is not conclusive yet, need to remove some more devices and heavy bondage to be sure.

3 hours ago, donttouchmethere said:

The DDe item xx01e434, does it use a body slot?

No, it's just a magic effect. 

3 hours ago, donttouchmethere said:

Removing the DDe item via console.

It says "GetItemCount >> 0.00" hope that's the correct response.

That response is very straight forward, it means it did not remove anything because the item was not found in your inventory. 

Try this,

1. Go in the DDe MCM 'Device Library' page and select only the 'Inox Elbowbinder' for arm restraints. 

2. Go in the DDe MCM 'Device Integration' page and select 'Equip MCM Outfit To'. 

3. Observe the effect play after equip. 

4. Use the console removal command to remove the xx01e434 item. 

5. It should say 'GetItemCount >> 1.00'. 

6. CTD?

7. Remove the 'Inox Elbowbinder' through DDe. 

8. CTD?

6 hours ago, Inte said:

1. Go in the DDe MCM 'Device Library' page and select only the 'Inox Elbowbinder' for arm restraints. 

2. Go in the DDe MCM 'Device Integration' page and select 'Equip MCM Outfit To'. 

Okay, this is odd:

If I do that in LAL base save I get the effect and no CTD.

If I load a save from there after doing 1. - 3. (basically a double load) it also get the effect and no CTD.

Spoiler

Oops, didn't see I have inox set selected in DDe MCM^^

But the effect plays without CTD.

982705054_enb2020_09_0111_14_31_73.jpg.756ecf1ad55e2c9b25e9b7d7f4394696.jpg

After the LAL base save I loaded into the running game: lo and behold => the DDe effect shows right away (without CTD)

1478983969_enb2020_09_0111_22_39_31.jpg.fdb25232453d4383e479b54f8ed4d775.jpg

Removal of the DDx elbowbinder also show DDe effect and no CTD

572903195_enb2020_09_0111_26_35_67.jpg.2a81b859684af3b6108962dda7933d53.jpg

I also tested the double load with:

> loading LAL base save, but don't use DDe

> loading the running game after that and removed that DDx elbowbinder right away with DDe => CTD

My guess atm: the xx01e434 never got added onto my PC on a New Game.

Possible solution: load LAL base save, use DDe to equip/remove a device, save a new base game and load games from there (and save the running game after the double load)

For my future games with DDe: trigger at least once a DDe effect in LAL on a new game

I will experiment a bit more.

More testing:

"without LAL base save DDe preparation" = double-load = first LAL base save (no DDe interaction) -> loading running game

"with LAL base save DDe preparation" = double-load = first LAL base save and equipping/removing DDe or DDx device from the PC -> after that loading running game

without LAL base save DDe preparation => no DDe effect after equip

with LAL base save DDe preparation =>DDe effect after equip

4. Use the console removal command to remove the xx01e434 item.

5. It should say 'GetItemCount >> 1.00'. 

without LAL base save DDe preparation => no spell effect to remove >> 0.00

with LAL base save DDe preparation => spell effect gets removed >> 1.00

6. CTD?

without LAL base save DDe preparation => DDe device equipping never caused CTD, but also doesn't has effect

with LAL base save DDe preparation => no CTD

7. Remove the 'Inox Elbowbinder' through DDe. 

8. CTD?

without LAL base save DDe preparation => if the effect doesn't play no CTD => if the effect gets added now by DDe it causes CTD, it will also cause CTD for non heavy bondage devices

with LAL base save DDe preparation => no CTD so far

Confusing. Means I missed over years that DDe effect after LAL and only now it starts to make issues (if it gets randomly added to the PC during device removal with DDe).

Got me thinking what also is new in LO that could effect DDe in any way: Devious Devices Beast Race Refits v4.0 comes with a DDe patch

Still, if I make sure that the DDe effect gets triggered in LAL at least once it seems to add the xx01e434 item for the rest of the game.

If the spell effect never plays (never gets equipped by any means) = no CTD

If the spell effect always plays (equipped on game load) = no CTD

If the spell effect is not equipped (after LAL) and it get added by DDe on device removal via DDe MCM (is that possible?) = CTD

Also the effect - if not equipped right after LAL - will randomly be equipped during device removal of any device type (not only heavy bondage) by DDe causing CTD on device removal via DDe MCM even for hoods or chastity devices or any other kind of device.

14 hours ago, donttouchmethere said:

Still, if I make sure that the DDe effect gets triggered in LAL at least once it seems to add the xx01e434 item for the rest of the game.

If the spell effect never plays (never gets equipped by any means) = no CTD

If the spell effect always plays (equipped on game load) = no CTD

Very strange behavior there. 

14 hours ago, donttouchmethere said:

If the spell effect is not equipped (after LAL) and it get added by DDe on device removal via DDe MCM (is that possible?) = CTD

Also the effect - if not equipped right after LAL - will randomly be equipped during device removal of any device type (not only heavy bondage) by DDe causing CTD on device removal via DDe MCM even for hoods or chastity devices or any other kind of device.

That effect is only triggered by heavy bondage. However, DDe will detect existing heavy bondage and apply that effect every time you go into its MCM. 

For example, 

Say, DCL equips an elbowbinder, the effect will not be triggered. But, if you go into the DDe MCM afterwards (while wearing heavy bondage) for whatever reason (to equip say, a hood), the effect will be applied. So, it can look as if the effect was triggered because of the hood, but it actually triggered because of the heavy bondage.  

3 hours ago, Inte said:

So, it can look as if the effect was triggered because of the hood, but it actually triggered because of the heavy bondage. 

AH! THAT MAKES SENSE!

I would only try to exchange DDs with DDe if wearing any heavy bondage (normally I struggle out with DL or ask NPC). My PC likes to wear DD color sets ?

So it's not random after all ?

3 hours ago, Inte said:

Very strange behavior there. 

Either it's a mod conflict I have since ... forever and only now it starts to mess up my game.

Or it's something in LO that changes all DDs (that could be only DL or Beast race refit).

Or my odd MCM DDe settings?

Or something conflicts only with the effect.

Or something prevents DDe from applying the effect to my PC.

I don't know, I test on a new game.

On 9/4/2020 at 1:08 AM, Betal said:

Is there someone has CD (captured dreams shop) 4.16?

or

DDe 4.52 works well with CD 4.15?

Fore version of DDe 4.52 worked well with CD 4.15

But after 4.52 there is pop-up saying CD 4.16

You can PM @Veladarius. 

Or, if you are sure your current CD version works correctly take a look at this post. 

Hey, I just recently switched to SSE and found out something interesting.

DDE 350 was converted to SSE.  I saw that when having slave devices, high security restraints, etc from Deviously Cursed Loot would not get unequipped when I would go through the devious device interaction option on the MCM.  I would get a message that DDe Did not remove 2 locked DD off (Player Name).  This would also work for other mods such as Laura's Bondage Shop where the items were tagged as lockable.

I then tried it on LE with DDE 351 and got the same results.

In DDE 452 LE, These same locked items would get unequipped, but the quest items would not get unequipped.

Is there a way to update the next DDE version so that locked items would not get removed by using the same script in version 351?

Or is it not compatible anymore?

5 hours ago, Xuvish said:

Is there a way to update the next DDE version so that locked items would not get removed by using the same script in version 351?

I have not changed the DD removal script/function since DDe 4.33. Besides, DDe will only remove DDs manually. You have to use its MCM to remove any items. You don't want a particular device removed, don't remove it, or set DDe to 'Hardcore' which will lock out the DDe MCM removal options, simple.

6 hours ago, Inte said:

I have not changed the DD removal script/function since DDe 4.33. Besides, DDe will only remove DDs manually. You have to use its MCM to remove any items. You don't want a particular device removed, don't remove it, or set DDe to 'Hardcore' which will lock out the DDe MCM removal options, simple.

This must have been a change from 351 to 400 or before 433 then.

I try out the hardcore option.

Is there a more recent conversion to SSE than 350?

• 2 weeks later...
23 hours ago, jigwigigx said:

Are the slave ballet heels from this mod supposed to look like this?   If not how can I fix it?

Red and white ebonite versions have the same problem.

Of course they shouldn't look like this. Pink texture means missing texture.

Usually happens if installation wasn't correct. Check the DDx slave ballet heels if they also have missing metal textures.

If DDx has the same missing textures, then DDx wasn't installed right.

19 minutes ago, donttouchmethere said:

Of course they shouldn't look like this. Pink texture means missing texture.

Usually happens if installation wasn't correct. Check the DDx slave ballet heels if they also have missing metal textures.

If DDx has the same missing textures, then DDx wasn't installed right.

The DDX versions appear normal however I just discovered that almost everything in DDE has this missing texture, gags, armbinders etc. I will try a reinstall.

4 minutes ago, donttouchmethere said:

It appears that the whole DDe texture folder wasn't installed then. That's what I would check for if reinstalling doesn't help.

I just tried a manual reinstall of 4.52 as I thought Vortex manager might have caused the problem, but I think you are right and there are missing textures from the version as all custom dde items are affected. I will try an older version next.

ScreenShot178.jpg

25 minutes ago, jigwigigx said:

I just tried a manual reinstall of 4.52 as I thought Vortex manager might have caused the problem, but I think you are right and there are missing textures from the version as all custom dde items are affected. I will try an older version next.

ScreenShot178.jpg

Update: I have downloaded previous versions of dde and these have the same files in their texture folders. Interestingly enough version 4.30 has folders managed by Vortex within the texture folders already in it.