To convert it from skyrim to oblivion it would either have to be done by someone that knows how to use blender or 3dmax. Though you would have to get permission from the person that made that mesh/textures.

The reason why they ban people uploading pictures or mods that are using daz/poser/ported stuff from other games even if they might be owned by the same company like fallout series oblivion and skyrim is because of copy rights. Even though the person bought the right to use it the daz/poser outfit/armor is still owned by the person/company that made it.

Could the guts of VORBs be used here, to create a bodyform to match the clothes? - Some kind of reverse process, instead of hours of frustrating guesswork and not being able to match everything without resorting to rejigging all the clothes?

Yes, but IMO it is far too complex to setup and get working for many. (Especially those in the Plug & Play, I WANT IMMEDIATE INSTANT GRATIFICATION WITH NO READING OR EFFORT ON MY PART!!! crowd.)

Blockhead has potential here too I think. Don't know for sure, as like VORB (and even Wrye Bash years ago) I've avoided them till I reach a point were I really need them.

If anybody needs somewhere for their work, feel free to contact me. - I maintain my own servers (none of this Hostgator c**p, - decent, secure, Linux setups), and do not mind helping community members when and where I can.

So this is your personal servers, 100% host free? That may be another option for LL to consider, along with potentially torrenting larger files.

Feel free to add mine to your site and post links for members to use, I certainly have no issues with it. Feels like I need to look for an alternate DL/UL site, yet again with MEGA turning to crap, just like 4Shared.

To convert it from skyrim to oblivion it would either have to be done by someone that knows how to use blender or 3dmax. Though you would have to get permission from the person that made that mesh/textures.

The reason why they ban people uploading pictures or mods that are using daz/poser/ported stuff from other games even if they might be owned by the same company like fallout series oblivion and skyrim is because of copy rights. Even though the person bought the right to use it the daz/poser outfit/armor is still owned by the person/company that made it.

...don't post screenshots and obfuscate everything, use steganography, (or do things LL style, with no damned readme or the readme in cyrillic or katakana... that'll f*ck 'em! :P ).  Me, I just post privately on my own sites and leave the files to be 'discovered' ...that works, too. - I just find the whole copyright thing so petty and childish. - How can it be right that they who produced the brushes should be able to prevent the artist from displaying their work?

Yes, but IMO it is far too complex to setup and get working for many. (Especially those in the Plug & Play, I WANT IMMEDIATE INSTANT GRATIFICATION WITH NO READING OR EFFORT ON MY PART!!! crowd.)

Blockhead has potential here too I think. Don't know for sure, as like VORB (and even Wrye Bash years ago) I've avoided them till I reach a point were I really need them.

It's usually easier, in situations like this, to relent and go with modifying someone else's wheel. If you want to persist with being pernicky ;) you could also try some localised LoD modification - making the area textures blurry, toning down the light, to emulate a fog effect, and closing in the FoV to something much closer. Also radial glow on the textures, (possibly) making them the sole light source. - Smoke and mirrors, in a sense: making the eye itself 'create' the fog effect. Wrye Bash has its uses, but, in my experience, they are limited where modders are concerned (although you could, and should if possible, make use of WB tagging). I agree, too, that Blockhead will have its uses, and that will, by extension, give you the OBSE functionality extensions, too.

So this is your personal servers, 100% host free? That may be another option for LL to consider, along with potentially torrenting larger files.

Feel free to add mine to your site and post links for members to use, I certainly have no issues with it. Feels like I need to look for an alternate DL/UL site, yet again with MEGA turning to crap, just like 4Shared.

Yes, the servers are free, with no advertising cr*p, no cookie nonsense, no sign-ups or purchase requirements, and no malware or viruses.

Torrenting can be good, provided that there is at least 1 tracker available, 24/7. I can look into creating a tracker ('though this is not a simple task). Personally, I would split everything into Morrowind - Oblivion - Skyrim - FO3 - FNV and would then have categories for clothes, poses, quests, etc. with torrents containing (for example) breakable armors (all the breakable armours related content), then ditto for things like DMRA clothes and armour, quests, tamago, etc.. For the moment, though, I will grab your files, over the next couple of days, and upload them (I guess that they are all linked to your LL account - ?), before taking things from there. - I have no issues with whatever you want uploading, but please obfuscate the title if it is something that is likely to be 'perceived' as being bad in some way xph34r.png.pagespeed.ic.k8q7vo6B7D.png .

...oh, and for any other Lovers Labrats wanting to escape the confines of Mega, 4Shared, etc... just PM me with links to your stuff and I will try and implement some working solution, which will probably be a little changeable at first; but bear with me (probably should not say that on this forum :blink: ) and I will get something sorted.

My titles typically are very vanilla on purpose, and I'm really not into some of the more xtreme stuff, including what is clearly illegal, in the USA or elsewhere. 

As far as copyright on Daz and Poser content. If memory serves me right, those 3d models and textures and everything else you can buy, can be used any way you like, as long as you don't resell them, OR make it possible for others to use them in Daz Studio, Poser or a similar tool. They simply don't want their products being resold in any 3d market.

So IMO, if I take one of the 100s of Daz or Poser meshes I purchased and export it, then import it into say Blender or 3d Max, then export it as a NIF, I feel it has gone through enough file transformation to no longer be the original product I purchased. And very hard for an inexperienced player to go through the painstaking process of getting that back into Poser or Daz Studio.

Again, IMO it really is in the interest of Daz and Poser product authors to encourage their use in games and game Modding, as it could increase sales. I do know some prior Poser artists actually helped out in creating or releasing some Poser models for use Oblivion.

Sorry! - Completely overlooked that part of your post last night. - I agree, but would say, along the same lines as Varenne, on the subject of poser and Daz, that once something has been hacked about and processed by another user for their project it is about as much a Cornetto as a Cornetto is after scooping out the top, mixing it with coffee and cornflakes, then blending it with frozen peas before plastering it back into the cone, with a liberal sprinkling of Worcester Sauce on top .

My titles typically are very vanilla on purpose, and I'm really not into some of the more xtreme stuff, including what is clearly illegal, in the USA or elsewhere. 

As far as copyright on Daz and Poser content. If memory serves me right, those 3d models and textures and everything else you can buy, can be used any way you like, as long as you don't resell them, OR make it possible for others to use them in Daz Studio, Poser or a similar tool. They simply don't want their products being resold in any 3d market.

So IMO, if I take one of the 100s of Daz or Poser meshes I purchased and export it, then import it into say Blender or 3d Max, then export it as a NIF, I feel it has gone through enough file transformation to no longer be the original product I purchased. And very hard for an inexperienced player to go through the painstaking process of getting that back into Poser or Daz Studio.

Again, IMO it really is in the interest of Daz and Poser product authors to encourage their use in games and game Modding, as it could increase sales. I do know some prior Poser artists actually helped out in creating or releasing some Poser models for use Oblivion.

All agreed, then, that we need to tell Daz and Poser to sort their act out? - Who wants to get sued first and be the representative, then? :D

On the server side, don't worry about the content issue. - I'm a very easy going character (whatever rocks your boat, etc.), but things are getting funky in Britain at the moment with all this DRIP nonsense, so even if my servers are the Netherlands I have still got to think about all these TesNexus type of characters who seem to think that all RPG characters are born with underwear permanently fixed to their body and that no-one and nothing (except for The Bad Guy or The Evil Witch) ever die or get hurt in these games.  :angry:  Hell, I swear I never had a complex until some SoB read me a fairy tale (does that possibly explain parenticide, by any chance?) xunsure.png.pagespeed.ic.4azkk_5zmI.png  .

Just some more notes as I dig through the rest of Krista's Armor & Clothing MODs.

1. The clawed finger naills, labeled Box01 in some NIFs, nails in others is defective as previously identified. For those that I find with this flaw, I am simply deleting it for now for my reworked NIFs, since it is my intention to make it its own separate NIF anyways. In fact, I intend on doing this, when and where possible; break up NIFs into uppers, lowers, boots, gloves. That supports player run enhancements better, and provides options of mixing and matching set pieces, IF they will match up seem-wise.

2. Krista used slightly modified HGEC bodies, with a range of cup sizes; C, D, E (Even within the same MOD!!!). Modified in that the nipples were flattened. Should not affect my adding the OP1, OP2, and OP3 bones.

3. Lowerbody does seem to be HGEC M, although I have not reviewed every model yet. Since there were resulting clipping issues in those I did run through Mesh Rigger, I decided to go back to the originating model and run Copy & Paste tests to the Setbody 1.20 templates I've created. Hopefully this will improve results as I go forward with BBBfying the remaining models using Mesh Rigger.

4. As I build out completed, full body BBB/BB HGEC templates; head, hand, foot, upperbody, lowerbody, I will post them here for now for others to use. 

• 3 months later...

Just wanted to thank all the people in this thread (and Varenne in particular) for working on preserving these mods, and allowing us "lurkers" to enjoy them in mostly optimal, fixed and smoothly running conditions.

I will probably only ever use the <Anvil Mystery house> and <Lady underwear> mods, maybe have a peek at the high-res HGEC textures (still wondering if there is a point to "high-rez" past 2048x2048 in an old game like Oblivion if one intends to play it), but more choice is always good.

Also, is the english translation of <Fairy Tale of Lost Happiness> still happening ? I definitely wouldn't mind playing it, but unfortunately I cannot understand Russian (or even run Russian mods in my game).

May you all have a nice day.

I DLed Fairy Tale of Lost Happiness years ago but have yet to ever try translating it or playing it. It sits in an archive on one of my older external drives, waiting for the day to be translated.

Odds are though, any audio voice files would end up staying in Russian and not be remade, much like Anvil Mystery House. That is simply too much work.

As for mid-rez 2048 x 2048 vs. high-rez 4096 x 4096, I feel it is mostly personal choice with some pushing Oblivion to its performance limits thrown in. I myself prefer 4096 x 4096, as I like looking at well rendered characters. But it is also a test tool for me as I go about Oblivion with various MODs installed and look out for FPS impacts.

• 2 months later...

I'm having trouble with AnvilBayMisteryHouse that I downloaded from #216

does anyone know how to fix it?

P/S: my game version is Oblivion GOTY

Greetings.

Check your files , these Exclamation marks are there because some meshes are missing ( or not put in the right folder , the one mentioned in their path in the  CS ...).

I 've checked just for  a test this mod a few months ago , the only problem ( solved) was a " lag" ( serious drop of FPS , but that's usual with  " Lady " Krista's mods - too much polygons in her meshes , most of the time )  outside the house caused by a barrel or " fontain " if i remember well ... but your problem is something else in your case.

Cheers.

@hellgate95

Not sure on MO as I have never used it but as AnnaFly states it means you are missing meshes or MO set it up wrong or placed files in the wrong spot. You will have to do a bit of searching and researching since not many use MO for oblivion most use OBMM for oblivion so there's not going to be a lot of info for using MO.

@ hellgate95

I took a quick look at your screen captures and it looks like what you are missing are the Dementia vines from the DLCShiveringIsles - Meshes.bsa. 

post-18672-0-82435000-1428863551_thumb.jpg

post-18672-0-68733500-1428864418_thumb.jpg

The updates I provided in post #216 may not have included those as I do not run PyFFI on things like vines or anything that is hovoked, nor any content that is provide by other MODs or DLCs. 

I reviewed the original readme in Russian and unfortunately it did not indicate Oblivion.ESM [sI] or Oblivion, Shivering Isles Edition as a dependency, but it is clearly indicated as a Master in Wrye.

post-18672-0-98136500-1428865079_thumb.jpg

Cheers,

V

@ hellgate95

I took a quick look at your screen captures and it looks like what you are missing are the Dementia vines from the DLCShiveringIsles - Meshes.bsa. 

The updates I provided in post #216 may not have included those as I do not run PyFFI on things like vines or anything that is hovoked, nor any content that is provide by other MODs or DLCs. 

I reviewed the original readme in Russian and unfortunately it did not indicate Oblivion.ESM [sI] or Oblivion, Shivering Isles Edition as a dependency, but it is clearly indicated as a Master in Wrye.

Cheers,

V

I tried what you said and It worked like a charm. You've saved me a lot of time. I can't thank you enough.  :D

I'm having trouble with AnvilBayMisteryHouse that I downloaded from #216

does anyone know how to fix it?

P/S: my game version is Oblivion GOTY

Greetings.

Check your files , these Exclamation marks are there because some meshes are missing ( or not put in the right folder , the one mentioned in their path in the  CS ...).

I 've checked just for  a test this mod a few months ago , the only problem ( solved) was a " lag" ( serious drop of FPS , but that's usual with  " Lady " Krista's mods - too much polygons in her meshes , most of the time )  outside the house caused by a barrel or " fontain " if i remember well ... but your problem is something else in your case.

Cheers.

@hellgate95

Not sure on MO as I have never used it but as AnnaFly states it means you are missing meshes or MO set it up wrong or placed files in the wrong spot. You will have to do a bit of searching and researching since not many use MO for oblivion most use OBMM for oblivion so there's not going to be a lot of info for using MO.

Thanks both of you for helping me  :lol:

• 6 years later...
  • 11 months later...
On 8/24/2014 at 1:41 PM, varenne said:

Krista Anvil Bay Mystery House - PyFFIed Meshes - ALL

This is my alpha release for a reworked Krista's Anvil Bay Mystery House. (I will use this post to publish updates, bug fixes, etc. located at the bottom.)

What it includes:

1. PyFFI - All but one problematic mesh were run through PyFFI. This is similar to my above post but this now includes armor and clothing too.

2. NifSkope - All armor & clothes meshes were run through NifSkope for final Nif cleanup.

3a. Added OP3 bones, Replaced All Original Bones - All but one or two armor & clothing meshes have been run through gerra6's tool Mesh Rigger, version ~Tools_beta_0_81. For my HGEC E-cup, M lowerbody template I used resources provided by movomo; SetBody_Reloaded_Blockhead_0_39_1_Data.7z.

3b. OP3 + Left & Right Buttock Bones Version - I am planning to create this as well. After working on this non-stop for two weeks, I'm taking a much needed break for now.  

3c. Male Armors - are the same, no edits, bone replacement or updates. They were PyFFIed.

4. Added Missing Textures -  Mostly those from Nexus MOD author stroti on Nexus, others I had in my current build.

5. TES4Files Errors - Created additional folder structure to fix errors reported by TES4Files, version 3.51. There are only two errors left, down from an initial 36.

6. Odd File Paths - Krista seems to have use a very unusual location for the music files, as reported by TES4Files. I created it, but also left the files in the default location too. I attempted to locate them in CS/E, and how to edit file paths for music and could not, so this is a work around for now. (She also used a number of resources from other MODs or add-ons and I simply created those folders and added them. I may revisit the Nif files and/or CS/E file path locations at a later date and edit them directly.)

7. Expanded Mystery Chest - I have added more to this, including the armor provided by the original scripted rings, plus more clothing items. If you plan on using the rings, DON'T have any of the armor items in your inventory or they may be deleted by the script when it runs.

8. Hi-rez Body textures - This makes use of the hi-rez body textures (4096) Krista provided in a separate file. If you do not want to use these, back up your existing ones and replace them manually with either low or mid-rez ones. Recommended for players with low-end PCs.

9. Removed Most Enhancements - I felt these were a bit overpowered for use by players so they've been removed. I left only the Water Breathing on the swimwear. You can of course replace even those with new enhancements.

10. New Races are Playable - You can play as a Krista Mannequin, Succubus or Dremora race. This fixes the I have No Dialogue bug with the Snow Frost Mage (Dremora) in the Quest. This also allows you to play as the Krista character. Only the Mannequin and Dremora races have associated hair files (and very limited), Succubus does not. This is why I included the Wig nifs from Krista's stand-alone resource MOD, Succubus. There are with horns and without horns versions included in the Mystery Chest. You can of course add more hair file associations for each race via CS/E.

I am currently play testing the Mannequin race and have done edits to the default abilities, spells etc for this race. It IMO  needs more work and final refinements and additional play testing. Currently Base Attributes are all still set at their original 100 each. I have not done any play testing yet with the other two races. 

Remaining Issues:

1. CTDs and Lockups - Outside the house, there is still something severely impacting FPS and even causing a total Oblivion lockup. Not a CTD for me, but I do have to reboot Oblivion as I can no longer do anything; no mouse or keyboard controls. If you plan on using this, I highly recommend using a MOD that records teleport locations and record an entry inside the house. The inside of the house is for me very stable; higher FPS and no CTDs or lockups.

I will as time allows, continue to research the root cause of this, but there are no guarantees I'll ever find a solution.

2. This has NOT been 100% play tested. Please post any issues or errors in this thread.

3. I did not nor will not fix existing Krista mesh issues such as clipping. (That may be addressed at a later date when I run them through the other gerra6 tools.)

AnvilBayMisteryHouse.7z 18.9 MB

AnvilBayMisteryHouse - meshes.7z 54.7 MB

AnvilBayMisteryHouse - textures.7z 234.0 MB

This is both an expansion and error correction of the prior ESP, folder and file pathes, Nifs, etc. and is therefore NOT 100% compatible with prior releases. These three archives will need to be used together in order to receive the full benefits of this rework. Any deviation from this cannot and will not be supported.

UPDATE 1: - ESP

For both the Mannequin and Succubus races I decided to edit the starting values for attributes and skills to something more reasonable and on the same level as other races. You can of course edit it to your own liking in CS/E.

AnvilBayMisteryHouse.esp 303.56 kB · 97 downloads

If you are using Wrye Bash you will need to rebuild your bashed patch to capture these new values.

Can somebody reupload those links:

AnvilBayMisteryHouse.7z 18.9 MB

AnvilBayMisteryHouse - meshes.7z 54.7 MB

AnvilBayMisteryHouse - textures.7z 234.0 MB