Blender is not the most accessible of programs is it? (That said, is any 3D Modeling program? Even Wings3D has a steep learning curve!)

While by no means bad with Blender, there's still much I'd like time to learn to do better. I keep meaning to delve heavily into animations, but at the moment, I haven't the time for the project. I can do morphs pretty handily though and I feel they are seriously underused.

Hi there .

@ Varenne.

0301.nif ? That's not a downloadable file  ( sorry not sure if it's or not an english term ... i just mean i cannot download it from your post ) ...

Cheers.

That wasn't meant as a working link, sorry about the confusion. I managed to fix it via NifSkope ONLY and no PyFFI. (And downloadable is an English word.)

Cela n'a pas été conçu comme un lien de travail, désolé pour la confusion. J'ai réussi à le fixer via NifSkope SEULEMENT et ne PyFFI. (Et téléchargeable est un mot anglais.)

Blender is not the most accessible of programs is it? (That said, is any 3D Modeling program? Even Wings3D has a steep learning curve!)

While by no means bad with Blender, there's still much I'd like time to learn to do better. I keep meaning to delve heavily into animations, but at the moment, I haven't the time for the project. I can do morphs pretty handily though and I feel they are seriously underused.

I just get lost in all the keyboard commands. Then when I find something I like or is cool, that's when I tend to get lost, even more. I remember WIngs3D! I got fairly good at Poser characters, morphs to a certain extent and clothing conversions. UV and textures was always and still is my worst. That IMO takes real talent. Animations, in any program I've tried since the late 90s is very, very time consuming, until you learn to use the right tools to speed up production.

After some not so quick play testing, both of the armor enchantments for the Anvil Mystery House and Succubus stand-alone PC armors are way overpowered. Plus as (mostly) whole body armor and one activated via a ring and script, there's no way to disrobe during H, nor is any kind of damage being experienced. 

Think I'll make some extra sets without the enchantments and also separate into pieces where possible.

Same for the Mannequin spell carried over from that race. That's just getting deleted.

I've always found Krista's 'item spells' very powerful and any scripts something best junked.

I loathe 'auto-equip this cool gear' scripts with a passion and always remove them before I load armour/clothing esps (Although I usually extend my own esps anyway these days. Really saves on mod slots too).

I've always assumed its for the instant gratification crowd who can't be bothered to learn:-

~ then coc testinghall.

Then of course some of them are buggy.

The enchantments are near godlike. My new level 1 PC can stand amongst any number of Bandits and receive almost no damage, and instantly healed if she does. This (the script enabling the equipment) also explains why the Succubus aren't disrobing during Lovers animations.

Some limited auto-equip is okay. I hacked a script a while back that does it for a bikini, but mostly just to amuse myself. :P  The one being used in Anvil Mystery House is sort of cool in that it is weather & combat based, but it wastes the bikini mesh (and the BBB/BB on it) IMO since it only enables while swimming. If I don't delete it outright, I may hack it also and have it enable the bikini when it rains too, lol.

I use the NIfSkope spells for updating tangent spaces, among other things. If I'm not mistaken, I think gerra6's tools do it also. This is the first time my usual process of PyFFIng everything first, followed by NifSkope spells didn't work.

The other thing I need to look into is a BBB set similar to and as good quality-wise as SetBody, but with a more moderate bounce to it. After adding the BBB bones, it seems to bounce more than the originals. Odd thing is, I only selected and added the OP3 bones using the latest Mesh Rigger, yet OP1 & OP2 seem to have changed, or maybe I'm just imagining it. Gonna reinstall the originals and test it.

I think I was imagining there being a difference. I used FRAPS and recorded videos for each and they now seem identical, and the original OP1 & OP2 were best I can tell, not changed or affected by gerra6's Mesh Rigger, just the OP3 added.

Oblivion BBB bounce testing. Original Krista BBB upperbody.

Oblivion BBB bounce testing. Original Krista BBB upperbody plus added BB for lowerbody.

For the lowerbody I used the following general settings in Mesh Rigger:

post-18672-0-91641500-1408112617_thumb.jpg

If someone would like to take a shot at adding BB to the lowerbody for these, I'm not having any luck with it. Mesh Rigger just ends with no output. I tried both the originals and the PyFFIed ones.

I edited some in NifSkope, thinking the hair/wig stuff was the issue, but still no luck.

SomeKristaMeshes.7z

And here's the template I'm using: HGEC E-cup M Lower.nif

This worked perfectly fine with the other female armors. No clue why these others won't output.

UPDATE

Success! Had to adjust my Mesh Rigger settings from Female Only to Both.

post-18672-0-83412400-1408123139_thumb.jpg

That worked for s_0101.nif & s_0301.nif but so far not the others. Still experimenting with settings.

Down to only two that will not save. s_0201.nif and sussubus.nif which have the long tail cloak behind. Enough for today. I'll revisit it tomorrow.

I noticed another oddity late, the Succubus armor (really clothing) had toes poking out from the front, where there were none in the originals. Weird. Was able to delete them and the bogus nodes. Now to find out which tool added those. They are actually hooves shaped boots, so maybe Mesh Rigger did it, snce my template uses a regular foot.

Glad to see you are making progress.

I downloaded them, couldn't see anything that leaped out at me (apart from the node names - I changed them to things like 'Thong'.)

Didn't have time to play with them though. I keep reminding myself that I ought to be doing ASX.

Thanks at least for looking them over. I've progressed  much further since posting that.

Part of the issues I'm having I traced back to the template I created, which doesn't match 100% the Succubus body. I run into this every time with Mesh Rigger. The template is a pure HGEC; complete legs, foot etc. The Succubus body I discovered uses a hooves based foot, plus the legs don't extend all the way down.

This is just a quick and dirty build using just Mesh Rigger, to get the OP3 bones on the lowerbody. There is some ever so slight clipping on the thong part for certain animations; back of thong, upper right butt. What I may do, eventually, is rebuild from scratch using the latest Setbody models, Clothing Converter and Seam Mender. This would make for a good hooves Succubus, complete with clothes or armor choices. Tested both hi-rez textures on the Setbody HGEC hooves and the UV matches, so no extra work there at least.

s_0201.nif, best I can tell isn't even used in the ESP file. And sussubus.nif (from Anvil Bay Mystery House) I can totally replace with the one from the Succubus stand-alone MOD.

I've extended the Succubus stand-alone MOD, breaking up whole body clothes into upper and lower and expanding to two sets, using the hi-rez textures for Succubus and Mannequin. I'm also adding the same in armor versions and a 2nd chest next to the one for clothes. Almost done. It's really going to be more a of a resource MOD for others to work with, as it was originally, but still very playable.

I'll start reworking this into Anvil Bay Mystery House next, hopefully continuing to improve on it as well.

Krista Anvil Bay Mystery House - PyFFIed Meshes.

So for now here are the rest of the meshes, all PyFFIed. It provides a substantial gain in FPS in and around the house. I went from some 5s and 7s to an average in the 20s and some as high as 30 or so. Your FPS may be better or worse, depending on your selected MODs and other factors. (For example, I'm using hi-rez meshes and OBGE, so I doubt I'll ever see my max FPS of 50 in this area.)

There are still some areas outside of the house where you may experience drops in FPS. My best guess is it is caused by a scripted fog effect. After spending a number of hours in CS/E and TES4Edit trying to find it, I've given up for now but may revisit it at some point in the future.

Anvil Bay Mystery House - PyFFIed Meshes.7z

You can see an example of the playable Krista character here in the thread: Krista mod! need help.., post #12.

I also have an edited and expanded ESP, but it is not as complete as I'd like it to be for an alpha level release. I'll post it here once I'm satisfied with it.

The armor and clothes I've been reworking, but IMO still need more work. ( I recently found a better version of Mesh Rigger that also does the Seam Mending for a much nicer final output.) I may include those at a later date, not completely decided. Either some of Krista's original meshes, or the updated BBB ones I used (Bleearghs BBB AMH meshes.7z) have mesh flaws, that I have absolutely no intention of trying to fix.

After I complete a set of armor & clothes for Anvil Bay Mystery House and Succubus, I've started to line up Krista's other armors and clothing MODs. The intent is to rework those as well, so they are more compatible with the most recent skeletons; BBB/BB & LAPF, and move away from the now inferior and outdated one's Krista used and included.

I'm not sure if I want to run PyFFI on them first, or just skip that and run them through gerra6's Mesh Rigger only this time. Since no version of PyFFI includes the Update All Tangent Spaces function, I think it may be better to just stick with gerra6's tools and NifSkope. I feel PyFFI is still useful for mass cleanups of architectural stuff, as proven by the increased FPS for Anvil Mystery House. Although, gerra6's newer tool, Clean Nif may prove to replace that functionality soon too.

Once I have a set of these completed my next set of goals would be to revisit Anvil Bay Mystery House, and add these reworked armor/clothing sets with it, making use of all the chests Krista already provided. (They appear to relate to the pictures just above each chest, or that's how I'm interpreting it.) That way members can just use this expanded and extended MOD and only one ESP file.

Last but not least would be to review her Asylum MOD and rework what can be cleaned up and optimized. Since I've never played it, it will be brand new territory to review.

Krista Anvil Bay Mystery House - PyFFIed Meshes - ALL

This is my alpha release for a reworked Krista's Anvil Bay Mystery House. (I will use this post to publish updates, bug fixes, etc. located at the bottom.)

What it includes:

1. PyFFI - All but one problematic mesh were run through PyFFI. This is similar to my above post but this now includes armor and clothing too.

2. NifSkope - All armor & clothes meshes were run through NifSkope for final Nif cleanup.

3a. Added OP3 bones, Replaced All Original Bones - All but one or two armor & clothing meshes have been run through gerra6's tool Mesh Rigger, version ~Tools_beta_0_81. For my HGEC E-cup, M lowerbody template I used resources provided by movomo; SetBody_Reloaded_Blockhead_0_39_1_Data.7z.

3b. OP3 + Left & Right Buttock Bones Version - I am planning to create this as well. After working on this non-stop for two weeks, I'm taking a much needed break for now.  

3c. Male Armors - are the same, no edits, bone replacement or updates. They were PyFFIed.

4. Added Missing Textures -  Mostly those from Nexus MOD author stroti on Nexus, others I had in my current build.

5. TES4Files Errors - Created additional folder structure to fix errors reported by TES4Files, version 3.51. There are only two errors left, down from an initial 36.

6. Odd File Paths - Krista seems to have use a very unusual location for the music files, as reported by TES4Files. I created it, but also left the files in the default location too. I attempted to locate them in CS/E, and how to edit file paths for music and could not, so this is a work around for now. (She also used a number of resources from other MODs or add-ons and I simply created those folders and added them. I may revisit the Nif files and/or CS/E file path locations at a later date and edit them directly.)

7. Expanded Mystery Chest - I have added more to this, including the armor provided by the original scripted rings, plus more clothing items. If you plan on using the rings, DON'T have any of the armor items in your inventory or they may be deleted by the script when it runs.

8. Hi-rez Body textures - This makes use of the hi-rez body textures (4096) Krista provided in a separate file. If you do not want to use these, back up your existing ones and replace them manually with either low or mid-rez ones. Recommended for players with low-end PCs.

9. Removed Most Enhancements - I felt these were a bit overpowered for use by players so they've been removed. I left only the Water Breathing on the swimwear. You can of course replace even those with new enhancements.

10. New Races are Playable - You can play as a Krista Mannequin, Succubus or Dremora race. This fixes the I have No Dialogue bug with the Snow Frost Mage (Dremora) in the Quest. This also allows you to play as the Krista character. Only the Mannequin and Dremora races have associated hair files (and very limited), Succubus does not. This is why I included the Wig nifs from Krista's stand-alone resource MOD, Succubus. There are with horns and without horns versions included in the Mystery Chest. You can of course add more hair file associations for each race via CS/E.

I am currently play testing the Mannequin race and have done edits to the default abilities, spells etc for this race. It IMO  needs more work and final refinements and additional play testing. Currently Base Attributes are all still set at their original 100 each. I have not done any play testing yet with the other two races. 

Remaining Issues:

1. CTDs and Lockups - Outside the house, there is still something severely impacting FPS and even causing a total Oblivion lockup. Not a CTD for me, but I do have to reboot Oblivion as I can no longer do anything; no mouse or keyboard controls. If you plan on using this, I highly recommend using a MOD that records teleport locations and record an entry inside the house. The inside of the house is for me very stable; higher FPS and no CTDs or lockups.

I will as time allows, continue to research the root cause of this, but there are no guarantees I'll ever find a solution.

2. This has NOT been 100% play tested. Please post any issues or errors in this thread.

3. I did not nor will not fix existing Krista mesh issues such as clipping. (That may be addressed at a later date when I run them through the other gerra6 tools.)

AnvilBayMisteryHouse.7z 18.9 MB

AnvilBayMisteryHouse - meshes.7z 54.7 MB

AnvilBayMisteryHouse - textures.7z 234.0 MB

This is both an expansion and error correction of the prior ESP, folder and file pathes, Nifs, etc. and is therefore NOT 100% compatible with prior releases. These three archives will need to be used together in order to receive the full benefits of this rework. Any deviation from this cannot and will not be supported.

UPDATE 1: - ESP

For both the Mannequin and Succubus races I decided to edit the starting values for attributes and skills to something more reasonable and on the same level as other races. You can of course edit it to your own liking in CS/E.

AnvilBayMisteryHouse.esp

If you are using Wrye Bash you will need to rebuild your bashed patch to capture these new values.

Greetings

@ Varenne

Wouaw ... il ne manque plus qu'une version française ! ...;°)

Tous comptes faits , je vais peut-être finir par installer ce mod de KrisTa.

Mais je crains  quà mon goût , il y ait beaucoup trop de " polygones " dans ses modèles.

Bonne fin de week-end.

Bises.

There are high polygons in Krista's mods because her outfits are from daz studios you might be able to reduce them but be warned the more you lower the polygons in a outfit the worse the outfit will start to look.

Hi there.

Hi Myuhinny.

Yes , you already told me about  "daz Studio " in one PM ( and it aleady was about  "Krista's Polygons" ...;°)

I saw that mod at "Anvil Bay " ( or from a link found in Krista's Blog/site ...)   a few month ago  and i think i've downloaded it , but never installed.

You know what : i will probably try this mod with my "replacer" for all Krista's models !

Anyway , thanks.

Cheers.

There are high polygons in Krista's mods because her outfits are from daz studios you might be able to reduce them but be warned the more you lower the polygons in a outfit the worse the outfit will start to look.

While running gerra6's Mesh Rigger, I made note of how many vertices where being counted for each section. The template mesh I used from SetBody 1.20 resources was actually coming in much higher than any Krista armor/clothing I ran through it. Since a vertex is one corner point of a polygon we can sort of see the relationship of vertex count vs. number of polygons.

Granted, if one were to use the HGEC body mesh to then build clothes and armor with, slicing and dicing it till you had individual pieces, it would more than likely come in much lower polygon-wise vs. using a pre-built model from Daz or Poser.

I also think, even with my optimized setup I'd be seeing a much greater impact during game play, which I'm not. This will become much easier for others to test out and see when I release the stand-alone modder's resource, Succubus. I'm expanding that as well to include armors and clothing items. Again, I am not seeing any major impact to FPS with what I've done so far with it. I've done some fairly extensive testing in various areas in-game, comparing them to other sets. The Break Armor meshes I use have more of an  impact on FPS than these do, but that's more than likely the scripts running.

There is an option, when either building NPC models, clothes, etc in Poser or Daz Studio to either use low polygon models to begin with, or reduce them before export to other formats. So I'm only guessing, but maybe Krista finally got wise and used that option. I can't speak for her other MODs yet, I have yet to run them through gerra6's tools.

But beside the polygon count you should also be aware that the number of textures, texture size and also if the model has a shader or not also affects the performance.

Use 'em, don't use 'em, but I am VERY interested in finding out what others are experiencing when using them.

Cheers,

V

UPDATE

I did a quick review of some nifs in NifSkope and compared them to Krista's and yes, the individual pieces are up on the higher end of the polygon count. (Under NiTriShapeData or NiTriStripsData of the mesh.)

It may be possible to triangulate the mesh (via NifSkope) to reduce polygon count, but I have not looked into to doing that yet.

Greetings

@ Varenne

Wouaw ... il ne manque plus qu'une version française ! ...;°)

Tous comptes faits , je vais peut-être finir par installer ce mod de KrisTa.

Mais je crains  quà mon goût , il y ait beaucoup trop de " polygones " dans ses modèles.

Bonne fin de week-end.

Bises.

Il était assez difficile de finir le dernier des traductions russes !!!

Krista Anvil Bay Mystery House - PyFFIed, OP3+Buttock Bone Meshes - ALL

This an alternate set of armor & clothing meshes that include both the OP3 bones and newer Buttock bones for use with LAPF skeleton and animations. Since this is intended for those using the LAPF animations, mixing older OP3 animations (that affect or manipulate the buttock mesh area) with current LAPF animations and these meshes can have unpredictable results in-game. 

OP3&ButtockBoneMeshes.7z 31.1 MB (Fixed Texture Paths)

NO OP3 Bone Set

If requested I can also run another set without OP3 bones. Due to the high number of polygons in Krista's meshes, I feel all three of these mesh sets will be limited to only those members with moderate to high-end PCs, and very optimized configurations and settings. It also takes a very long time to process these and ties up my main Oblivion PC.

Edited by varenne

Krista Anvil Bay Mystery House - PyFFIed, OP3+Buttock Bone Meshes - ALL

This an alternate set of armor & clothing meshes that include both the OP3 bones and newer Buttock bones for use with LAPF skeleton and animations. Since this is intended for those using the LAPF animations, mixing older OP3 animations (that affect or manipulate the buttock mesh area) with current LAPF animations and these meshes can have unpredictable results in-game. 

OP3&ButtockBoneMeshes.7z 30.9 MB

NO OP3 Bone Set

If requested I can also run another set without OP3 bones. Due to the high number of polygons in Krista's meshes, I feel all three of these mesh sets will be limited to only those members with moderate to high-end PCs, and very optimized configurations and settings. It also takes a very long time to process these and ties up my main Oblivion PC.

Bonjour et merci ...

J'ai testé rapidement ( et via le "God mod" ( normal , car mon personnage est au niveau 1 ...) . J'ai mixé ce fichier avec les trois ( 4 avec l'esp ) de ton " post 216" ... pas de "lags" malgré le fait que j'ai utilisée une vieille machine ( Dual Core 2 E5200 + Ati 7750 )...

Même problème que toi à l'entrée de la maison : Oblivion plante , sans reour au bureau ( pas de CTD donc , un plantage pur et simple).

Le problème ne vient pas du brouillard , mais du tonneau , de la pompe à eau et peut-être aussi des "poteaux" ( juste derière la pompe à eau ...) .

Je vais les enlever et voir si Oblivion carshe encore .

Il se peut très bien que le problème viennent des textures de ces élé&ments et non des "meshes" en soi.

A part çà , malgré le nombre élevé de polygones , "Fraps" indique en moyenne 56 à 63 FPS dans les trois intérieurs ... je m'attendais à moins , surout avec les "Mannequins" dèjà vêtus.

Maintenant je vais "stripify"  toutes ces meshes, puis réduire certaines textures.

En tous cas ,un grand merci , car même si j'avais déjà le mod original , je ne pensais pas vraiment l'installer : les voix en russe ne me gênent pas - je suis née russe - mais merci pour la version anglaise , je vais peut-être en faire une version française ... si je "m'ennuie" cet hiver ....;°)

Porte-toi bien . Bises.

NB : quoi que je pense de la taille des  "meshes" de Kris+a , il faut reconnaître que c'est joli .

********************************************************************************************************************

...i'm lazy , so a "Live search ( BING) " translation ,  quick corrections in "italic"  :

Hello and thank you...

I tested quickly (and via the 'God mod' (normal, because my character is level 1...).) I mixed this file with three others (4 with the esp) of your "post 216"... not "lags" despite the fact that I used an old machine (Dual Core E5200 2 + Ati 7750)...

Same problem than you are at the entrance of the House: Oblivion plant, without return to the office (not of CTD so pure and simple to crash).

The problem is not the fog, but the barrel, pump water and perhaps also "poles" (just behind the water pump...).

I'll remove them and see if Oblivion crashs yet.

It may well be that the problem come these element's textures and not from the "meshes" in themself.

Except here, despite the high number of polygons, "Fraps" indicates an average 56-63 FPS in the three interiors... I was expecting less, especially with the "Dummies" already dressed.

Now I'll "stripify" all these meshes, then reduce some textures.

In any case, many thanks, because even though I already had ( got ) the original mod, I thought not really install it: the voice in Russian not - annoy me I was born Russian - but thanks for the version English, maybe I'll make a French version... If I get "bored" this winter...;°)

Doing you well. Hugs.

@ AnnaFly - Thanks for the feedback! Where I have the greatest impact to FPS is on the side of the house, but yes the front too lags and often locks up and I have to reboot.

Merci pour les commentaires! Où puis-je avoir le plus grand impact de FPS est sur ​​le côté de la maison, mais oui l'avant trop décalages et se bloque souvent et je dois redémarrer.

@ AnnaFly - Thanks for the feedback! Where I have the greatest impact to FPS is on the side of the house, but yes the front too lags and often locks up and I have to reboot.

Merci pour les commentaires! Où puis-je avoir le plus grand impact de FPS est sur ​​le côté de la maison, mais oui l'avant trop décalages et se bloque souvent et je dois redémarrer.

Greetings.

In english ...

I found the problem : sure , it's the "Water-pump" but i don't know why ... i will " investigate that point .

Now , i found a second problem , i used the meshes from your last post ( OP3 + Buttlock) . This issue only occur  in "first person view " and only if i turn to the "east " ( à l' Est ) . 

It also occur in interior .

I'll post some screenshots  .

I use the LAPF Skeleton ( but i don't know which one for the 1st person view ... maybe it's the reasonn of that issue , but there is no "first person Skeleton im y LAPF folder .

The Skeleton is the only thing i use from LAPF , nothing else , no specific mods , no specific animations.

I'll try why others Skeletons i've already tested : Deedee's Skeleton ( from Electrro 's Designer Body Spell mod and the own from Growlf , but not the "Universal" , the one from his Resizing Body mod , i already use some animations from that mod and may be its "first person skeleton" ).

By the way , i prefer a "butt" ( ass ?) without the OP3 node/bone because this one is not compatible with Growlf 's body Resizing mod .

But that another story , i actually use a nude femelle body ( Oppai , probably from one YangYang 's mod ) with the OP3 Butt-node, but this is just for some tempory tests.

Cheers.  butt node , but it's just for some tests.

PS : oh , very interresting way how the "musik" works ! In the DukeCity mod , there is also some musik , but these one don't "mute" the Oblivion musik. Good to know !

PPS : i remove not only the "Water-pump" but also the barell and  " les 2 poteaux de Bravil ' usant la texture de Bravil) " désolée , je ne connais pas le mot anglais pour "poteaux " !

post-239275-0-61930700-1409241191_thumb.jpg

post-239275-0-74121600-1409241211_thumb.jpg

post-239275-0-86335000-1409241237_thumb.jpg

post-239275-0-29321300-1409241255_thumb.jpg