Paradise Halls - Home Sweet Home

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/18/2020 at 4:09 PM, fred200 said:

Only issue I have with any of the PAHE related mods on SE is how to interpret "Training suspended" on a slave.

Will it fix anything to summon trainer and trainee to me? It sounds like one of them wandered off.

iirc oldrim would get training suspended if the trainer or trainee preferred to follow the player over training

• 2 weeks later...

I guess there won't be a patch for more spaces for storing slaves in homes, just finding it difficult to add more homes with slaves to spread slaves out to do city training for getting the slave auction of AYGAS to show up there too.

GuruSR.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I need your help with this problem. i'm stuck on "Attend on the auction at midnight" mission. when i'm arrived at the restless hunter cabin and talk to Pardo the attend to auction option in the dialoge doesnt show up. I tried to go home and come back the next day but it will not start the next mission. I have completed all the previous missions with no problems. What should i do? The cells in the basement are not empty. i have put the medallions on my slaves. I did gave Pardo 3 slaves in the previous mission.  Please help me guys.

ScreenShot14.png

55 minutes ago, shadychild said:

I need your help with this problem. i'm stuck on "Attend on the auction at midnight" mission. when i'm arrived at the restless hunter cabin and talk to Pardo the attend to auction option in the dialoge doesnt show up. I tried to go home and come back the next day but it will not start the next mission. I have completed all the previous missions with no problems. What should i do? The cells in the basement are not empty. i have put the medallions on my slaves. I did gave Pardo 3 slaves in the previous mission.  Please help me guys.

ScreenShot14.png

It appears that you have already triggered the dialogue option. I believe that all you need to do is to be in the basement of the Restless Hunter at midnight to move this forward.

51 minutes ago, Psalam said:

It appears that you have already triggered the dialogue option. I believe that all you need to do is to be in the basement of the Restless Hunter at midnight to move this forward.

I tried that and it doesnt work. do i need to do something in the basement?

19 minutes ago, shadychild said:

I tried that and it doesnt work. do i need to do something in the basement?

No. All you need to do is wait until midnight. You'll get a message that the auction is about to start (this comes usually promptly at midnight) and will be followed by the buyers coming downstairs. Once they're seated you'll get a message from one of the guards to be seated because the auction is about to start. Finally, after a minute or so, Pardo will show up, make a little sales pitch and call for the first slave to be brought up for sale.

16 minutes ago, Psalam said:

No. All you need to do is wait until midnight. You'll get a message that the auction is about to start (this comes usually promptly at midnight) and will be followed by the buyers coming downstairs. Once they're seated you'll get a message from one of the guards to be seated because the auction is about to start. Finally, after a minute or so, Pardo will show up, make a little sales pitch and call for the first slave to be brought up for sale.

hmm i didt got a message, pardo is still there behind shop counter and my slaves are still in their cells. i waited in the basement till 1 am. 

16 minutes ago, shadychild said:

hmm i didt got a message, pardo is still there behind shop counter and my slaves are still in their cells. i waited in the basement till 1 am. 

Then you will probably have to advance the quest by using the console commands. Sadly, I've already finished Noble Desires and can't look it up for you but here is how I would go about doing this. Always save the game before you try something new.

First, open the console (do this by pressing the ~ key if you have an English language keyboard - if you don't, go here to find what you need to do to open the console). Once you're in the console you will navigate using the PgUp and PgDown keys. You'll see why this is important when you try to do it.

Now you have to find the name of the quest. Type

sqt

and hit Enter. This will yield a list of all active quests. You will have to move it up with the PgUp key until you find one that sounds like NobleDesires or otherwise relates to HomeSweetHome. Most of the vanilla quests are easy to recognize, e.g., the Companions Quests all start with CQ. 

Once you've found a likely candidate type

player.sqs <quest ID>

and hit Enter. <Quest ID> should be the name that you found and should not include the < and > symbols. This will give you a list of the stages in the quest followed by a 0 or a 1. A 1 indicates the stage is completed and a 0 indicates that it is not. Scroll to the first 0 and make a note of the number of the stage that it is next to (e.g., 100).

Then type

setstage <questID> <stage you've determined, e.g., 100>

and hit enter. Again, ignore the < and > signs.

You should get a message that some quest has advanced and hopefully it will be Noble Desires. If it isn't, go back to your save and repeat this process ignoring the quest that you've already tried. If it is Noble Desires then you should be able to pick it up with the auction.

BTW, sqt is short for show quest target and sqs is short for show quest stage. The abbreviations work just fine in the console I list those here for completeness.

1 hour ago, Psalam said:

Then you will probably have to advance the quest by using the console commands. Sadly, I've already finished Noble Desires and can't look it up for you but here is how I would go about doing this. Always save the game before you try something new.

First, open the console (do this by pressing the ~ key if you have an English language keyboard - if you don't, go here to find what you need to do to open the console). Once you're in the console you will navigate using the PgUp and PgDown keys. You'll see why this is important when you try to do it.

Now you have to find the name of the quest. Type

sqt

and hit Enter. This will yield a list of all active quests. You will have to move it up with the PgUp key until you find one that sounds like NobleDesires or otherwise relates to HomeSweetHome. Most of the vanilla quests are easy to recognize, e.g., the Companions Quests all start with CQ. 

Once you've found a likely candidate type

player.sqs <quest ID>

and hit Enter. <Quest ID> should be the name that you found and should not include the < and > symbols. This will give you a list of the stages in the quest followed by a 0 or a 1. A 1 indicates the stage is completed and a 0 indicates that it is not. Scroll to the first 0 and make a note of the number of the stage that it is next to (e.g., 100).

Then type

setstage <questID> <stage you've determined, e.g., 100>

and hit enter. Again, ignore the < and > signs.

You should get a message that some quest has advanced and hopefully it will be Noble Desires. If it isn't, go back to your save and repeat this process ignoring the quest that you've already tried. If it is Noble Desires then you should be able to pick it up with the auction.

BTW, sqt is short for show quest target and sqs is short for show quest stage. The abbreviations work just fine in the console I list those here for completeness.

Oh it worked! thank you for helping me. I attended to the auction and sold my slaves. Now i can arrange new auctions.

47 minutes ago, shadychild said:

Oh it worked! thank you for helping me. I attended to the auction and sold my slaves. Now i can arrange new auctions.

You're welcome. If you really appreciated my help you can "like" my posts. That is, you can hit the green thumbs-up button in the bottom right hand corner of the post. it will be grayed-out until you hover over it and click it. This not only shows appreciation it also lets others who read this thread know that this particular post might be worth taking the time to read in its entirety.

By the way, you can also like mods here on LL including this one. Go to the place where you downloaded the file. At the bottom of that post, on the right, there will also be a thumbs-up button. These are usually easier to find since there is a counter here showing that others have also liked the mod.

Good luck and happy hunting.

3 hours ago, Astral Wanker said:

can you buy slaves from auctions without selling slaves first?

I don't think so. You need to complete Noble Desires, which includes selling slaves, prior to be allowing to but slaves. However, AYGAS auctions have no such requirement.

5 hours ago, Psalam said:

I don't think so. You need to complete Noble Desires, which includes selling slaves, prior to be allowing to but slaves. However, AYGAS auctions have no such requirement.

there's also the mcm option to skip the questline

12 hours ago, Astral Wanker said:

But if you skip the questline, using the mcm, you can't buy stuff from pardo... or any of the imperial guards at the mines. They don't have the dialogue to buy them stuff.

hmm, i'll admit i stepped away from skyrim for almost a year but i don't think there's been any updates here since then. i had to restart the game so many times when i played in order to test out new features in production that i have to use the toggle in order to use the mod. pardo had the dialogs to sell stuff when i played

13 hours ago, Astral Wanker said:

But if you skip the questline, using the mcm, you can't buy stuff from pardo... or any of the imperial guards at the mines. They don't have the dialogue to buy them stuff.

58 minutes ago, CliftonJD said:

hmm, i'll admit i stepped away from skyrim for almost a year but i don't think there's been any updates here since then. i had to restart the game so many times when i played in order to test out new features in production that i have to use the toggle in order to use the mod. pardo had the dialogs to sell stuff when i played

And I'll admit that I've never NOT done the quest. I like it. However, here is what Musje says on the modpage:

If you do not want to do the quests, open the MCM menu and enable the option to skip the quest, then ask Pardo at the Restless Hunter if you can keep your slaves there. He will give you the keys to the inn, and thereafter you can use all functions of this mod.

So, evidently, the trick to it is, if you tick off the quest you need to go visit Pardo at the Restless Hunter and ask if you can keep your slaves there. Once that has been done you should be able to use everything else the mod offers.

2 hours ago, Psalam said:

And I'll admit that I've never NOT done the quest. I like it.

i tried it without skipping the quest for years, but rarely advanced far enough in the quest to make use of it before i had to restart the game for other mods.

35 minutes ago, CliftonJD said:

i tried it without skipping the quest for years, but rarely advanced far enough in the quest to make use of it before i had to restart the game for other mods.

As I said, I think it's fun. Done properly it tends to all be located either in the area around Markarth and on the Dawnstar-Stonehills axis and ends in Solitude really. It means it doesn't require a LOT of traceling. It's not hard and it introduces a lot of the basic concepts of using PAHE and HSH.