Paradise Halls - Home Sweet Home

Just now, Musje said:

Strangy? Did you enslave those NPCs? If not did you install Aygas and did you also finish the Civil war? If so, the losers do end up in the Restless Hunter over time (or as slaves out in the world), but the originals shouldn't be standing around anymore.

A clear yes to both. I isntalled Aygas and also did finish the Civil war.

3 hours ago, Gräfin Zeppelin said:

I have some issues with slaves not showing what they wear in HSH, its not a Paradise halls problem. What I mean they still wear the stuff I give them but it does not show visually. Is this some kind of known problem or just my fucked up Skyrim ?

vanilla armors or stuff from a mod. some mods use alternate armor slots that conflict with slots used by restraints...can't say for certain that's your bug, but its a place to start

perhaps a screenshot of the slave also showing their inventory might help

20 hours ago, CliftonJD said:

some mods use alternate armor slots that conflict with slots used by restraints...

Yeah, it's a really useful thing to keep in mind, especially if using complex multi-piece armors. Going into Devious Devices menu "Devices Underneath" and disabling the hiding of certain slots if wearing body armor is in most cases a must when using such armors and simply having DD installed.

If the armor pieces use the same slot numbers as equipped restraints, though, the only way to get them both to show is to edit the armor's ESP and change the slot numbers...

• 1 month later...

I'm getting an FNIS error when I try to install this mod, saying its not compatible with SE.  When I launch SKSE, all of the NPCs have the Half-T pose and don't move.

I've tried using the recommended HKX patch in FNIS, but that doesn't seem to fix it.

Using the following mods/etc:

FNIS SE v7.4.5

PAHE SE v7.2.4

Sexlab SE 1.63beta+hotfix

ZAZ 7.0SE-rev1

Fuz Ro Do'h SE 1.1

Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?  Everything works fine again if I remove it and run FNIS again.

37 minutes ago, notmalthus said:

I'm getting an FNIS error when I try to install this mod, saying its not compatible with SE.  When I launch SKSE, all of the NPCs have the Half-T pose and don't move.

I've tried using the recommended HKX patch in FNIS, but that doesn't seem to fix it.

Using the following mods/etc:

FNIS SE v7.4.5

PAHE SE v7.2.4

Sexlab SE 1.63beta+hotfix

ZAZ 7.0SE-rev1

Fuz Ro Do'h SE 1.1

Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?  Everything works fine again if I remove it and run FNIS again.

that's expected unless you convert it...this is the oldrim thread

Sorry if this has been asked before but I didn't see it in the topic:

Pardo has the convo option to "build a pen in one of my town houses" but the only response I can give is "actually nevermind" as if I had no townhouses - but I have all properties.

It's probably not the mod's fault - if the conversation is blocked thanks to the "can't buy any vanilla properties" bug then that's why.  The game will not allow me to buy property (afaik this is completely unfixable aside from giving yourself the key with console then prid 123456 enable all the housing addons).  This is a nasty bug and I've never been able to shake it.  So I have no way of knowing what this "build a pen in my town houses" thing even does to know if it's bugged or not.

So my question is - is this cell upgrade handled the same way as housing upgrades?  Or is it a placeable like the house cell token and the camp tokens?  And if it's the former, can anybody give or find or give me an idea how to find IDs for these cells so I can get them and enable them?  (and also how much they cost?  So I can be honest and deduct the septims myself)

edit: looking at the mod in TESV edit it looks like it definitely alters the house cells..  so since I am unable to get the quest to buy property I am unable to get the quest to get the cells from pardo.  So another solution would be finding out if there's some way to eliminate any prerequesite quests checks from the conversation, maybe, but don't know how to do that either.

49 minutes ago, shencereys said:

Sorry if this has been asked before but I didn't see it in the topic:

Pardo has the convo option to "build a pen in one of my town houses" but the only response I can give is "actually nevermind" as if I had no townhouses - but I have all properties.

It's probably not the mod's fault - if the conversation is blocked thanks to the "can't buy any vanilla properties" bug then that's why.  The game will not allow me to buy property (afaik this is completely unfixable aside from giving yourself the key with console then prid 123456 enable all the housing addons).  This is a nasty bug and I've never been able to shake it.  So I have no way of knowing what this "build a pen in my town houses" thing even does to know if it's bugged or not.

So my question is - is this cell upgrade handled the same way as housing upgrades?  Or is it a placeable like the house cell token and the camp tokens?  And if it's the former, can anybody give or find or give me an idea how to find IDs for these cells so I can get them and enable them?  (and also how much they cost?  So I can be honest and deduct the septims myself)

Pen is only cosmetic; you can't keep slaves there. Just use the house tokens and build a pen anywhere.

53 minutes ago, fred200 said:

Pen is only cosmetic; you can't keep slaves there. Just use the house tokens and build a pen anywhere.

Thanks for the info but that tells me it does change the cell, so I want to see it for myself;  don't suppose you have any clue on the refid for this so I can enable it? 

I see it replaces the alchemy table in TESV edit, even references the alchemy table's refid, but doesn't give the refid of the cell :S

edit: are you sure it isn't doing anything?  It looks should be doing a lot more than that ; In TESV edit it looks like it's placing wall markers and idle markers and restraint poles and all sorts of stuff there when you get the upgrade 

Found it - instructions for the clueless who can't purchase property and had to workaround:

For breezehome 

XXX2c06e.enable

for Vlindrel

XXX2f7cb.enable

for Hjerim

XXX2f7d1.enable

for Honeyside

XXX2c09a.enable 

for Proudspire Manor

XXX2f7d0.enable 

where XXX is determined by searching for, let's say - help "upgrade token" 0 - and grabbing the first 3 numbers that result returns.

Note that in some cases you may have to disable crappy clutter (e.g. breezehome) but you can find that stuff on the wiki.

12 hours ago, shencereys said:

Thanks for the info but that tells me it does change the cell, so I want to see it for myself;  don't suppose you have any clue on the refid for this so I can enable it? 

I see it replaces the alchemy table in TESV edit, even references the alchemy table's refid, but doesn't give the refid of the cell :S

edit: are you sure it isn't doing anything?  It looks should be doing a lot more than that ; In TESV edit it looks like it's placing wall markers and idle markers and restraint poles and all sorts of stuff there when you get the upgrade 

if i recall, the home upgrades were there for the original release of the mod, but later became depreciated with the token system referred to by fred there and the few changes left in those upgrade would be decorational as he said but include usable furniture and idle positions in those upgrades

21 hours ago, CliftonJD said:

if i recall, the home upgrades were there for the original release of the mod, but later became depreciated with the token system referred to by fred there and the few changes left in those upgrade would be decorational as he said but include usable furniture and idle positions in those upgrades

Aha yeah I have not really delved into HSH so much and im discovering that with all the HSH options and jaxonz positioner the house upgrade thing is nice but pretty optional.

The upgrades are kind of nice for the houses, and Im happy i got them to work, but yes, I see now that they aren't enormous changes.. 

I'm too single minded to be able to let it go anyhow without seeing it ?  its a personal flaw, so it was always gonna be this way

2 hours ago, Strec said:

His there an ETA for the SE version?

or

Can someone send me a version he ported himself? :)

With all due apologies Strec, you of all people would have no trouble converting this yourself.

The process is well worth learning, the tools are mature, and good results are almost guaranteed.

Get a converted version of PAHE also - or start with that one. Another easy conversion.

You will need a converted version of all the prereqs also. Some off those can be a bit tricky to run down.

9 minutes ago, Strec said:

If I can't find I'll try (PAH without HSH is incomplete) but as my computer is old I did want to avoid installing too much tools :)

All you need is NIF Optimizer (latest version) and the CK. The HKX animation conversion tool is already in the Skyrim SE game folder. Well, and a BSA unpack tool.

If you have problems or questions, we can help.

(It is your misfortune that I consider you a competent modder. I have helped people I did not think were able to do it own their own).

I have posted this a few times Once was in HSH.. It works well for PAHE and HSH:

1) Download the mod to a convenient spot, like a folder on the desktop.

2) Use 7zip to unpack the archive to a folder of the same name.

3) Unpack any included BSA - then delete it. There are several tools around that make it easy.

4) If the mod includes any animations - the hkx files must be converted. Skyrim SE includes the conversion tool, and a batch file is available to do them all.

5) If the mod includes any NIF files - convert them There is a convenient conversion tool. DO NOT TOUCH THE FACEGEN DIRECTORY! (may or may not cause CTD).

Facegen directory can be handled by Nif Optimizer with "Head only" checked.

6) Use 7zip to zip the updated mod back up

7) Use NMM to install the mod.

? If the mod includes an ESM, use SSEedit to remove the ESM flag, then rename the ESM to ESP.

9) Load the ESP into the Creation Kit and make a minor change in the ESP. Then undo the change and save it.

10) Rename the ESP back to ESM and set the ESM flag - if it was an ESM.

11) Fire up the game and see if the mod works.

12) If all is good, copy the ESM / ESP back to your mod folder.

13) Repack it and use NMM to delete his version and reinstall it

14) Move on to the next mod - you are done here..

Note on the ESM/ESP conversions: I locate an object with a name, like a piece of armor. You know if it is from your ESP because it is tagged with an asterisk.

TES5Edit can also show you valid names. I modify the comment by adding an "x", save the item, reopen the item, remove the "x" and save it again.

Save the ESP and close the CK.

17 minutes ago, fred200 said:

I have posted this a few times Once was in HSH.. It works well for PAHE and HSH:

1) Download the mod to a convenient spot, like a folder on the desktop.

2) Use 7zip to unpack the archive to a folder of the same name.

3) Unpack any included BSA - then delete it. There are several tools around that make it easy.

4) If the mod includes any animations - the hkx files must be converted. Skyrim SE includes the conversion tool, and a batch file is available to do them all.

5) If the mod includes any NIF files - convert them There is a convenient conversion tool. DO NOT TOUCH THE FACEGEN DIRECTORY! (may or may not cause CTD).

Facegen directory can be handled by Nif Optimizer with "Head only" checked.

6) Use 7zip to zip the updated mod back up

7) Use NMM to install the mod.

? If the mod includes an ESM, use SSEedit to remove the ESM flag, then rename the ESM to ESP.

9) Load the ESP into the Creation Kit and make a minor change in the ESP. Then undo the change and save it.

10) Rename the ESP back to ESM and set the ESM flag - if it was an ESM.

11) Fire up the game and see if the mod works.

12) If all is good, copy the ESM / ESP back to your mod folder.

13) Repack it and use NMM to delete his version and reinstall it

14) Move on to the next mod - you are done here..

Note on the ESM/ESP conversions: I locate an object with a name, like a piece of armor. You know if it is from your ESP because it is tagged with an asterisk.

TES5Edit can also show you valid names. I modify the comment by adding an "x", save the item, reopen the item, remove the "x" and save it again.

Save the ESP and close the CK.

In fact HSH and all the other stuff from Musje work fine without the CK steps.

BUT: You have to be careful with combinig them with other script heavy mods. 

First of all, thanks for this mod. It seems to make the slave system so much more fun.

I'm just starting with it. So I have a small question.

From what I understand, for HSH to work, you first have to create a slave camp by adding a cell in an outdoor / indoor location, using one of the mod's tokens.

I use several house mods already containing several cells: Slave Holding Cells, Slave Way Manor, Stynja Watch... So I do not need an extra cell.

How to make these pre-existing cells work with HSH without adding a new cell (House Token)?

Can we simply add a Chest Token and automatically make pre-existing cells compatibles?

1 hour ago, Lockart22 said:

First of all, thanks for this mod. It seems to make the slave system so much more fun.

I'm just starting with it. So I have a small question.

From what I understand, for HSH to work, you first have to create a slave camp by adding a cell in an outdoor / indoor location, using one of the mod's tokens.

I use several house mods already containing several cells: Slave Holding Cells, Slave Way Manor, Stynja Watch... So I do not need an extra cell.

How to make these pre-existing cells work with HSH without adding a new cell (House Token)?

Can we simply add a Chest Token and automatically make pre-existing cells compatibles?

You can actually place the cell then hide the entire cell, including the bedroll, keeping only the small strongbox which you interact with the configure options.  That way it doesn't change the look of the interior of any building, except for a small chest.

If you want to move the strongbox around to someplace more tidy, I can confirm it works ok with jaxxons' positioner, but you'll want to zone out and zone in after moving it or it gets a little fucky.

33 minutes ago, shencereys said:

You can actually place the cell then hide the entire cell, including the bedroll, keeping only the small strongbox which you interact with the configure options.  That way it doesn't change the look of the interior of any building, except for a small chest.

If you want to move the strongbox around to someplace more tidy, I can confirm it works ok with jaxxons' positioner, but you'll want to zone out and zone in after moving it or it gets a little fucky.

Ok, I will try that way. Thanks for the tip with jaxon's positioner (which I did not know) ;)

• 1 month later...

I hope some fellow slavers can share which locations (vanilla or modded) they use as their main slavery house. I ideally want a large cell, may be indoor or outdoor where i can try to place a lot of ZaZ furniture and test with how many NPCs i can populate it.

So far i am using player homes from Skyrimlazz like Skystone Castle . They are quite nice, but divided into multiple cells. If possible i want a bigger indoor cell, and a peaceful outdoor cell like an isolated island would be nice too.

Which do you use?

And last but not least is there somewhere a huge tavern which i might use as a "brothel" for slaves which are trained enough for your other great mod "And you got a slave"?

Thanks in advance for your suggestions.

14 minutes ago, xboronx said:

I hope some fellow slavers can share which locations (vanilla or modded) they use as their main slavery house. I ideally want a large cell, may be indoor or outdoor where i can try to place a lot of ZaZ furniture and test with how many NPCs i can populate it.

So far i am using player homes from Skyrimlazz like Skystone Castle . They are quite nice, but divided into multiple cells. If possible i want a bigger indoor cell, and a peaceful outdoor cell like an isolated island would be nice too.

Which do you use?

And last but not least is there somewhere a huge tavern which i might use as a "brothel" for slaves which are trained enough for your other great mod "And you got a slave"?

Thanks in advance for your suggestions.

I went so far as to uninstall Hearthfire and reinstall it, so I could build the homes I want. All three of them have an empty big back room where I build the slave cell.

Lakeview Manor is my "Main" base, but all get used. I do not use the PAHE Lakeview extension.