From the moment I updated the animations to the newest version I can only load one of my savegames. And when I do, save again and try to load the new one, I get a CTD while still in the loading screen. Without any dump report or anything. How is this even possible, it makes no sense to me that animations can do this. But I tracked it down to the latest update...

18 hours ago, shardoom said:

On a lot of these the HDT vagina movement gets disabled. (this actually is a good thing for some anal anims)

I'm assuming its some sort of old t/bbp animation built in that blocks it?

I i wsh i had a power to disable hdt vag at will. Old anims are not aligned for it so it look messed up. Anyway hdt vag is a body mesh thing, not the animation thing. Works for me on all anims, even those i wish i would not.

18 hours ago, Felloutof said:

From the moment I updated the animations to the newest version I can only load one of my savegames. And when I do, save again and try to load the new one, I get a CTD while still in the loading screen. Without any dump report or anything. How is this even possible, it makes no sense to me that animations can do this. But I tracked it down to the latest update...

Donno what the problem might be. Maybe the update finally broke you skyrim with number of animations? Pack posted here is almost 3 months old, i think there would be alot of outcry if it broke saves across everyones games.

19 hours ago, Felloutof said:

Sounds like you might have one of two common 32 bit Skyrim issues:

- Load game CTD : basically caused by a heavily modded Skyrim and that includes having lots of custom animations installed.  If a save crashes while loading from the Main Menu, instead try making a new character first *then* load the problem save file.  If the load works, this is your problem.  I often deal with this on my very large save files (level 80 with near max load order).  Personally I just always type "coc qasmoke" into the console on the main menu, then load from the test cell so the scripts can preload to avoid the CTD.

- Max String CTD : this is more serious and happens on heavily modded games that end up with more strings than Oldrim can handle.  The Crash Fixes mod can solve this problem (and you should probably be using it anyway), but any save file made without it over the max string limit would be permanently corrupted.  If your saves won't load even with pre-loading, this might be the problem.

Both have nothing to do with the update itself, they are basically symptoms of trying to run too many mods at once.

Weeeeeeell.......... this is more than strange.

First: I was pretty sure that the animations are not the problem. Someone else would have noticed it and it makes no sense. But since this was the only change I made when the CTD appears, I tried it here and hoped that someone would say something like "dumb ass, of course you first have to ..." ;)

I didn' know I could use the coc in the main menu. What I do is: Load a savgame I made in the prison cell at the beginning, that I created when Alternate Start was the only mod (because the carriage didn't move) and without change of the character settings. So this should be a real clean save.

From there I load my real savegame. Worked every time.

Now I installed the Crash Fixes. Loaded my latest working savegame, created a new save, loaded it aaaaand crash.

Opened the crashfix ini, got depressed because I didn't  understand a word, closed it (without saving), loaded my savegame while thinking "only a madman does the same thing and espects different results". I created a new savegame, loaded that savegame aaaaaand it works.

Don't know what's wrong (or right). Maybe tomorrow or in a minute the CTD is back. Maybe it's Skynet or something (would make sense because of the name).

Nevertheless: Thanks for the help and for everybody who just skips through the posts let me make clear:

Anubs Animations are not the cause of my CTD! :smiley:

3 hours ago, Felloutof said:

Weeeeeeell.......... this is more than strange.

First: I was pretty sure that the animations are not the problem. Someone else would have noticed it and it makes no sense. But since this was the only change I made when the CTD appears, I tried it here and hoped that someone would say something like "dumb ass, of course you first have to ..." ;)

I didn' know I could use the coc in the main menu. What I do is: Load a savgame I made in the prison cell at the beginning, that I created when Alternate Start was the only mod (because the carriage didn't move) and without change of the character settings. So this should be a real clean save.

Now I installed the Crash Fixes. Loaded my latest working savegame, created a new save, loaded it aaaaand crash.

Opened the crashfix ini, got depressed because I didn't  understand a word, closed it (without saving), loaded my savegame while thinking "only a madman does the same thing and espects different results". I created a new savegame, loaded that savegame aaaaaand it works.

Don't know what's wrong (or right). Maybe tomorrow or in a minute the CTD is back. Maybe it's Skynet or something (would make sense because of the name).

Nevertheless: Thanks for the help and for everybody who just skips through the posts let me make clear:

Try uninstalling crash fix and instal Utopiums Load Game CTD fix on Nexus......  https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/85443.

4 hours ago, Felloutof said:

Good to hear that Crash Fixes may have solved the problem.

If you ever need to use a save cleaner, make sure to use FallrimTools https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/76776/?.  That is because if you are over 64,000 strings the format of your save files will change (to avoid the string bug), and I believe FallrimTools is the only save cleaner tool that can handle the files.  You could also use it to double check how many strings are in your saves, if you are close to 64,000 strings in your save files you absolutely need to keep Crash Fixes installed to avoid save corruption.

Yep, loading a safety save like this does exactly the same thing as coc qasmoke.  Sounds like you were already avoiding the regular load CTD bug, so it probably was the strings.

4 minutes ago, shardoom said:

That's so weird, I have HDT collisions working perfectly in my game but there are certain anims that-will-never utilise the HDT vag...

Yea, I've never seen an animation that specifically disabled HDT collisions, especially not Anubs.  It might be that you are testing animations that are aggressive and your sexlab strip settings are set up to not strip gloves for aggressive situations.  If your HDT setup has a collision xml attached to the male or female hands and either of them keep their gloves on, you won't have collisions until the gloves are removed.

1 minute ago, Reesewow said:

Yea, I've never seen an animation that specifically disabled HDT collisions, especially not Anubs.  It might be that you are testing animations that are aggressive and your sexlab strip settings are set up to not strip gloves for aggressive situations.  If your HDT setup has a collision xml attached to the male or female hands and either of them keep their gloves on, you won't have collisions until the gloves are removed.

It's not that. I'm fairly fluent in HDT, attaching xml's and what controls what. Must just be coincidentally failing on those certain anims, over and over.

Though to be fair that seems unlikely. >.<

To be clear, I have it all setup properly, it works as it should 99% of the time except for a few certain animations...

I guess it's just one of those quirks that I'll likely not figure out, I'll certainly not presume to tell you both that you're wrong.

1 hour ago, shardoom said:

I guess it's just one of those quirks that I'll likely not figure out, I'll certainly not presume to tell you both that you're wrong.

I'm game to be shown to be wrong, wouldn't be the first or the last time.  If there is a specific animation you can name we could test it to see if the issue shows up on other setups.

I started a blog where i post my webms that before I kept as a bonus for patrons. I have alot of em ( around 100) and will slowly update it. Nothing ground breaking there, just my animations in easy accesible and fappable form. If you guys are into that then give it a look. The ones with censored previews may contain a controversial fetishes so if you wanna play safe just avoid those.

https://anubisswebm.tumblr.com/

Merry Christmass Everyone!

25 minutes ago, AnubiSs2167 said:

I started a blog where i post my webms that before I kept as a bonus for patrons. I have alot of em ( around 100) and will slowly update it. Nothing ground breaking there, just my animations in easy accesible and fappable form. If you guys are into that then give it a look. The ones with censored previews may contain a controversial fetishes so if you wanna play safe just avoid those.

sorry if I misunderstood this... got too much eggnog in my system right now...but if I read that right that new tumblr you just made are for the webms you created for your patreons only? so is that for your patreons only?

plz correct me if I am wrong...

and Happy holidays to you to...

1 hour ago, AnubiSs2167 said:

You too, Merry Christmas (even though I have Christmas for almost a whole year when you release new animations for the public :-D )

1 hour ago, arpaschad said:

sorry if I misunderstood this... got too much eggnog in my system right now...but if I read that right that new tumblr you just made are for the webms you created for your patreons only? so is that for your patreons only?

plz correct me if I am wrong...

and Happy holidays to you to...

If it was for patreons only i would not have posted it here :smiley:

Its for everyone.

6 hours ago, thomastm said:

Guys i just switch to MO recently and i getting ctd when starting or loading a game, i using slal funnybiz anub billy leito & MNC. is it MO can't handle too many animations? i didn't have this problem when using nexus manager & i using FNIS XXL.

Yes, start new game, load save from that. Do not load games from menu.