NMM from 0.52.+to 0.70.+ ( important info, help, tips & tricks)

ETAC (expanded towns and cities) 13.9 Download issue

This version is only 407 MB big, but downloading via NMM for ordinary users is impossible. Here is the author's explanation:

If the file you're getting isn't ~400MB for main files or ~40MB for patches, you're not getting a complete file. Per winterlove...

If you are using the Nexus's Content Delivery Network to get files (and I think non-Premium users can only use this, sadly) then for large files you sort of need to wait (an hour or so, maybe longer?) for the Nexus to seed it's CDN servers with the new content.

PREMIUM MEMBERS: You can try picking a different server (switch the download location) which should allow you to get a complete file.

NON-PREMIUM MEMBERS: You'll either have to try back a little later (at which point it will - hopefully - be fine.) Or wait for me to get the file mirrors posted, which I'll do as soon as my Nexus uploads have finished.

I used "Download Manually" option and the mod installed normally.

The new version 13.9.1 downloaded via NMM without any problems. It looks like NMM team fixed the problem with servers. :)

I wish to learn more about NMM and FO4. If this thread supports only Skyrim game, do you have any suggestion where can I find support for me and other FO4 players?

If you have specific questions or problems we can try to help. I'm currently using the latest NMM versions with about 30 FO4 mods with no problems. I think for now there are almost no chances to break the game badly. I guess in the summer this will change - several months after the modding tools are released there will be more advanced mods that would require more attention when installing. 

I wish to learn more about NMM and FO4. If this thread supports only Skyrim game, do you have any suggestion where can I find support for me and other FO4 players?

If you have specific questions or problems we can try to help. I'm currently using the latest NMM versions with about 30 FO4 mods with no problems. I think for now there are almost no chances to break the game badly. I guess in the summer this will change - several months after the modding tools are released there will be more advanced mods that would require more attention when installing. 

I've played through the game once so far, with about 85 mods installed with the latest NMM, and have had no problems with NMM installing them.  The only problem I have is not being able to get loot to actually sort anything yet for FO4.   That has not seemed to matter though, at least not yet.

I've played through the game once so far, with about 85 mods installed with the latest NMM, and have had no problems with NMM installing them.  The only problem I have is not being able to get loot to actually sort anything yet for FO4.   That has not seemed to matter though, at least not yet.

It shouldn't as far as I understand as most of the mods would be separate. You should really only need to sort when there is master/plugin mods which can't be done yet until the CK has been released for Fallout 4. Prinyo could confirm on this.

I know someone who has at least that many and she loves the manager for Fallout 4 and she is a MO person for Skyrim and Fallout etc.

A new tip: NMM 0.61.13 and "Reset UI" function

post-894077-0-69406200-1456462316_thumb.png

In theory, if you have a problem that your mods aren't placed in proper mod's section, but in "Unassigned", after re-installation or /and upgrading of the manager , "Reset UI" should solved this problem. After running this operation, all mods should be placed in their original locations. Well, this function works... mostly... and for certain type of mods that were previously "registered" and logged by NMM. When saying that this function works most of the time I wanted to say that it works under two conditions:

- properly (re) installed NMM and VirtualInstall folder that hasn't been moved into new location or deleted before re-installation of the manager

- errorless writing all Install logs created by NMM.

If you are "victim" of any above named problems, the only solution is to move your mods manually to wanted location. Then press "Save current profile" opening "Profile" button.

I was wondering what that did. I just use the alphabetic list of mods, tbh thoughI've never seen the point in putting them into categories as the titles tell me what they do anyway

I called it categories in the lack of proper term. If you see the picture in my previous post, you'll know what I'm talking about. :)

Once I had the problem with placing the mod download out of Nexus and I didn't know where to put it because some "categories" looks all suitable for it. NMM placed it under "Unassigned". Then I pressed "Reset UI" and NMM moved that mod in the right category. NMM still place all mods from LL into "Unassigned" category.

NMM 0.61.13 and incomplete uninstallation issue

I knew that NMM had a problem with incomplete installation with some mods, especially with RCOTS (as I already reported earlier) but I was hoping that they would fix this by now. Unfortunately they didn't. I removed RCOTS mods recently just to check this issue and it's still there. Although these leftovers doesn't harm my game and doesn't take a large amount of space, I like my Data folder clean. The worst part is that those files can't be removed by sole "Delete" action, but you have to have a special utility to delete them by "force".

post-894077-0-66307300-1456620092_thumb.png

NMM 0.61.14 is out

Please read if you are upgrading from NMM version 0.56.1 or lower: this is a MAJOR update of the Nexus Mod Manager that will uninstall all your mods and then attempt to reinstall all your mods in the current order. Please read the site news for more information before proceeding.
Warning: This version requires .Net Framework 4.6 (If you're not using Windows 10, you can download it HERE )

Impact: Minor
Type: Minor Tweaks
  1. Overhauled and fixed the Supported Tools setup and functionality, there's no longer a settings tab, to set the tool's path just go in the Tools submenu and click on the desired tool.
  2. Added FO4Edit to Fallout 4 supported tools.
  3. Removed unused dll files causing false alerts in the tracelog file.

Download: my OP under NMM - downloads (Virus free rar installers): or you can go directly to Nexus: http://www.nexusmods...ds/modmanager/?

(short) TEST REPORT ON NMM 0.61.14

(testing were done with 140 mods and 136 plugins)

1. Upgrading from 0.61.13 went flawless

2. Installation of full version went flawless

3. Uninstalling and reinstalling mods in both methods; upgrading/full version installation went well and without any problems.

4. Listed fixes for the current version works fine (Removed unused dll files causing false alerts in the tracelog file.)

5. Re-installation of mods went flawless

6. Love the new addition to Subtools menu... (haven't test/tuned it yet because of being sick)

post-894077-0-57538100-1456964237_thumb.png

So far, this version looks goooooood. :)  Warmly recommend to do upgrade

Note: Always save your current profile(s) before doing upgrade.

(extended) TEST REPORT ON NMM 0.61.14

1. Uninstallation of all mods were flawless, and I mean it.... (after I uninstalled all mods using "Uninstall all mods" command from tool menu, there wasn't single esp, esm or/and any other file left behind.. this version fixed the problems with "leftovers". Beside this, I haven't had a single freezing or CTD during the uninstallation process)

2. Mod's installation was simple as it can be... just click on the big green arrow on the right side of the panel and voila.

3. This version is little bit faster then previous

4. The new feature, "supported tools" works like a charm... You can run them all from he manager

5. Restoring backup/profile worked as a charm. Have had no problem at all.

6. Function "Remove from all profiles" works flawless.

7. Switching between the profiles is more secure and stable. Tested 2 times with two different profiles and have had no problems at all.

8. It is still recommended to close NMM before running "rebuild bash.patch" in Wrye bash. Otherwise, you'll have to re-enable all mods in "plugins" when starting NMM.

This version is the "golden one" in comparison with all the versions after 0.61.9 - Upgrade is highly advisable, but full installation of 0.61.14  and starting the new game is even more advisable. Just make sure you set VirtualInstall folder as you did before - same place or you'll be in deep shit if you don't do that..... ;) You've been warned!!!

Hello, do you know the reason why and was added boss, and after the release of loot, that no longer use.

Boos is added for other games that aren't supported by LOOT.

LOOT supports only thses games: TES IV: Oblivion, TES V: Skyrim, Fallout 3 and Fallout: New Vegas

A new tip: What to do when get: Error on installation of the mod

Sometimes (but very rarely in my experience) you might get error on mod's installation and notification the NMM is unable to install particular mod. The solution is very simple:

Close the manager, wait for 10 seconds and reopen the manager. Once it opens, go to you mod and click on big green arrow for installation or double click on the wanted mod.

Report on texture issue in NMM 0.61.14

If you have "No Dirty Bodies - Caucasian Female Races" mod and you overwrite it with "Dimonized UNP body", NMM overwrites that mod only "partially". Dirty faces and white skin lines (tan) on NPC's butts still remains. Dirty faces are removed from big number of NPCs but there are still those who have dirty faces, and the white but lines are present on all female NPCs.

Note: This issue is present from NMM 0.61.12 version.

Confirmation needed

Dear NMM users, please, confirm if you having this error when running Wrye Bash 306 version.  Thank you.

attachicon.gif2016-03-10 17_26_21-Wrye Smash 306(Standalone)_ Default.png

Well, nobody report anything about this issue. So I guess NMM users don't have this problem as I do. I checked WB thread on NExus and it looks like that this version have some Unicode issues with certain languages and OS default language support.

In order to get rid of this problem with latest WB version, I reverted to 305 version and the problems are gone.

• 2 weeks later...

Latest news for all NMM members about new password request

Fully copied from Nexus:

Message to all Nexus Network members

Hi folks,

Sorry for the full-page global notification (this is being shown to every one who logs in to the Nexus) but unfortunately, it seems some users didn't see the news back in December, or chose to ignore it, so we've had to make a bit more effort to spread the news.

We announced back in December that there was a database leak beginning to circulate around hacker circles from Nexus Mods. This database leak occurred all the way back in July of 2013 and affects anyone who had an account before August 2013. The leak contained your username, your email address and your hashed/salted (e.g. encrypted) password. With our sincere apologies, we asked that everybody please change their passwords.

Unfortunately, lots of people have not changed their passwords.

We know, officially, that certain nefarious individuals are working on cracking as many of these encrypted passwords as possible and that the most simple ones (e.g. passwords like "password" and "123456") have already been cracked and used to login to people's accounts. If your password wasn't a very secure one before August 2013, it's likely it's either already been cracked, or that it's close to being cracked and could well be used to access the site.

Now, this isn't really a major issue for you if you're just a regular user who comes here to get mods, and you only used the password on Nexus Mods. Worst thing that can happen to you is you get locked out of your account and you have to make a new one (you'd lose all your download history, mind). However, if you're a mod author or a Supporter/Premium Member, or if you used the same password on other sites, it's far worse. A malicious user could access your account to alter, deface or outright delete all your mods on the site. Similarly, they'd be able to more easily gain access to the other accounts on other sites you used the same password on. Obviously, that's pretty crappy for everyone!

If such a thing happens, we have no real way of confirming your identity and getting your account back to you, so your account would be lost.

So please, if you have not changed your password since before August 2013, or ever, please do so immediately on this page.

If you registered on Nexus Mods after July 2013, this doesn't apply to you directly per se, as your account details were not included in the leak. However, this is still important information and, as you should be resetting your passwords at least once every 6 months, please take this as a password reset reminder.

We apologise, once again, for what has happened and the annoyance this has caused.

NMM 0.61.15 is out

Warning: This version requires .Net Framework 4.6 (If you're not using Windows 10, you can download it HERE )

Type: Tweaks&Fixes

1. Fixed and tweaked the Supported Tools dropdown menu.
  2. Fixed issue preventing users from re-configuring a supported tool's path, users can now right-click on the supported tool in the menu to set a new path for it.
  3. Fixed scripting issue for Oblivion and Morrowind caused by missing dll files.
  4. Fixed issue preventing NMM from properly installing the BOSS dll for Morrowind.
  5. Fixed crash issue when setting the Temp path to a root folder.
  6. Fixed issue allowing users to enforce an invalid and unsafe path for the Temp folder.
  7. Fixed random "Value of 'xxx' is not valid for 'Value'." exception preventing some functions using the modal progress bar to complete.

Download: my OP under NMM - downloads (Virus free rar installers): or you can go directly to Nexus: http://www.nexusmods...ds/modmanager/?

NMM 0.61.15 is out

2. Fixed issue preventing users from re-configuring a supported tool's path, users can now right-click on the supported tool in the menu to set a new path for it.
  3. Fixed scripting issue for Oblivion and Morrowind caused by missing dll files.
  4. Fixed issue preventing NMM from properly installing the BOSS dll for Morrowind.
  6. Fixed issue allowing users to enforce an invalid and unsafe path for the Temp folder.
  7. Fixed random "Value of 'xxx' is not valid for 'Value'." exception preventing some functions using the modal progress bar to complete.

Nice updates.. Now I can use an old SSD in my machine for dedicated virtual folder, without having to make un-necessary folders.

That is if I understand this.

With the new DLC out and another on the way... Fallout 4 is calling me more and more.

NMM 0.61.15 is out

Nice updates.. Now I can use an old SSD in my machine for dedicated virtual folder, without having to make un-necessary folders.

That is if I understand this.

With the new DLC out and another on the way... Fallout 4 is calling me more and more.

I haven't used topic 6 at all so I don't know what it does and I'm n ot sure I understand how it works... :(

I'm in the middle of testing this version regarding the listed topics and I would have my first report soon... :)

It still sounds good. I assume this is reported from the NMM site and the updates. :D

Anytime you prevent someone from doing something they shouldn't be doing is a good thing (#6).. lol.

From my understanding if I keep this virtual folder on a dedicated drive it would be easier to recover and restore the system if I have to reimage the OS again (or in my case just want to :P)

I am leaning to do something for MO like that as well and give it a dedicated drive for its files :)