NMM from 0.52.+to 0.70.+ ( important info, help, tips & tricks)

It still sounds good. I assume this is reported from the NMM site and the updates. :D

Anytime you prevent someone from doing something they shouldn't be doing is a good thing (#6).. lol.

From my understanding if I keep this virtual folder on a dedicated drive it would be easier to recover and restore the system if I have to reimage the OS again (or in my case just want to :P)

I am leaning to do something for MO like that as well and give it a dedicated drive for its files :)

Now I know what they mean by that. Thanks for explanation. Yes, some users complained about NMM and SSD's certain incompatibilities and certain issues with choosing different Temp location.

I didn't know what it does because I don't have SSD. Glad that NMM team fixed that.

It still sounds good. I assume this is reported from the NMM site and the updates. :D

Anytime you prevent someone from doing something they shouldn't be doing is a good thing (#6).. lol.

From my understanding if I keep this virtual folder on a dedicated drive it would be easier to recover and restore the system if I have to reimage the OS again (or in my case just want to :P)

I am leaning to do something for MO like that as well and give it a dedicated drive for its files :)

Now I know what they mean by that. Thanks for explanation. Yes, some users complained about NMM and SSD's certain incompatibilities and certain issues with choosing different Temp location.

I didn't know what it does because I don't have SSD. Glad that NMM team fixed that.

Yea.. someone like me would appreciate this.

TEST REPORT ON NMM 0.61.15

(testing was done with 142 mods and 138 plugins)

Since the latest version doesn't have major  fixes, I did a basic test:

1. Upgrading from 0.61.14 went flawless

2. Installation of full version went flawless

3. Uninstalling and reinstalling mods in both methods; upgrading/full version installation went well and without any problems.

4. Fixed and tweaked the Supported Tools dropdown menu always worked for me. I can only report that it works

5. Fixed crash issue when setting the Temp path to a root folder. (Have no SSD so I can't say if it works.)

6. Fixed issue allowing users to enforce an invalid and unsafe path for the Temp folder. (Have no SSD so I can't say if it works.)

7. Fixed random "Value of 'xxx' is not valid for 'Value'." exception preventing some functions using the modal progress bar to complete.  - Fixed.

Warmly recommend for upgrade.

Note: Always save your current profile(s) before doing upgrade.

Well I've encountered my own issue with NMM and it's a rather frustrating one, every time I try to delete a mod that I'm not using then my Nexus will crash and close itself and the last message given in the tracelog file is related to a Cyclic Redundancy Check, I am running out of ideas, I only ran into this issue with one of the 2 updates, 61.14 or 61.15 so I'm not sure what has happened but my mod list and and my downloaded and installed mods haven't changed except for the addition of Beeing Female and removal of hentai pregnancy, although I had experienced this issue before that. anyone got any ideas what could be the problem.

I have and I have tried everything listed there, nothing fixes the issue, I can start the manager fine, download and install mods fine, the issue comes when I right click a mod to uninstall fully or delete the mod from the mod folder, this is the only time I get this Cyclic Redundancy Check error.

I have and I have tried everything listed there, nothing fixes the issue, I can start the manager fine, download and install mods fine, the issue comes when I right click a mod to uninstall fully or delete the mod from the mod folder, this is the only time I get this Cyclic Redundancy Check error.

A cyclic redundancy check (CRC) is a data verification method your computer uses to check the data on your disks (hard disks like your hard drive and optical disks like CDs and DVDs). A cyclic redundancy check error can be caused by several different issues: registry corruption, a cluttered hard disk, an unsuccessful program installation, or misconfigured files. Regardless of the specific cause, the cyclic redundancy check error is a serious one and must be addressed to avoid potential data loss or even a total system failure system. Luckily, there are a few simple ways to address this problem using (free) disk utility software.

1. Run some software for checking HDD like

- chkdsk /f

- or use some powerful HDD utility

2. If the upper topic is not the issue, I would suggest you to:

- do a back up of your NMM mods.

- completely remove/uninstall NMM (do a "clean save" of your OS from traces - My documents, registry and installation destination... ) - there is also a topic about it in my OP.  When unistalling NMM keep suggested files: Data folder, Virtual install and "DoNotdelete"

3. Install NMM 0.61.15 and place VirtualInstall in the same place as it was before.

I ran some internal checks on my mods drive which is a 10240rpm hdd but the drive where skyrim and NMM is installed is a 500Gb ssd which I cannot defragment.

However this is likely not the issue as nothing changed initially when the issues began so I don't believe it can be directly tied to errors, I have performed tests and this issue is only present with the Skyrim mods, when tested on Fallout New Vegas I was able to download/activate/deactivate/uninstall and delete the mod without any errors or crashes/freezes.

When I attempted to delete zazcrafting from NMM - Skyrim I get the crc error, I shall try downloading the file again and see if that fixes the issue.

The only thing I can think of that could cause this problem is that I am using mods that are no longer hosted anywhere, like mods that were hosted and then taken down the same day (Example: Babydoll follower)

I downloaded and replaced the file I'm having trouble with and even with a fresh copy it will will not delete without the crc, I don't get how the crc error only occurs with the Skyrim side of modding, Fallout New Vegas works perfectly,

However this is likely not the issue as nothing changed initially when the issues began so I don't believe it can be directly tied to errors, I have performed tests and this issue is only present with the Skyrim mods, when tested on Fallout New Vegas I was able to download/activate/deactivate/uninstall and delete the mod without any errors or crashes/freezes.

When I attempted to delete zazcrafting from NMM - Skyrim I get the crc error, I shall try downloading the file again and see if that fixes the issue.

The only thing I can think of that could cause this problem is that I am using mods that are no longer hosted anywhere, like mods that were hosted and then taken down the same day (Example: Babydoll follower)

Your NMM behaves very strange.

I don't have a problem with any Skyrim mods, uploaded to any site or not. Since I'm doing often re installation of NMM I have my mods backuped and I can install them without any problem.

I must study your problem more since I personally didn't have such a problem. My suggestions to you were mostly quotes from Nexus troubleshooting. They suppose to work. I tested them recreating the issue (when could) and they always worked for me.

I appreciate the help EP :) I did notice something though, I'm not sure if it could be the issue but the folder where all my mods are installed is got a little black box inside the "read only" attribute box, I tried disabling it but it keeps coming back, although on closer inspection it seems that box is also present in the Fallout New Vegas mods folder too but that one doesn't have any issues at all, I am confused and tired so I am going to sleep for the night and will likely look more into this problem tomorrow.

I checked out that site, made sure that every individual file and the folder as a whole were not set as read only and still the issue persists, I have supplied in depth information to the nexus bug report forum and still no suitable fix has been provided, I wait patiently though but I do not hold out any hope that this will be fixed without a full re-install of Windows which would be problematic since I upgraded to free version of Windows 10 from 8.1 during the initial wave of upgrades.

I do believe that the issue is with Nexus Mod Manager itself honestly but I cannot prove or disprove that, the fact that for me it only happens with Skyrim and no other game speaks volumes, both F:NV and Skyrim mod folders have the default box as shown in the link you shared in your previous post, and while file formats and read only settings are identical across both folders, F:NV works flawlessly when deleting mods but Skyrim Variant of NMM crashes when doing so.

I thank you for your time and your persistence in helping me to try and find a solution to this issue.

I wait patiently though but I do not hold out any hope that this will be fixed without a full re-install of Windows which would be problematic since I upgraded to free version of Windows 10 from 8.1 during the initial wave of upgrades.

There is a source of your problem with NMM.Trust me, when NMM 0.60.+ came out I've been upgrading and reinstalling every single NMM version and had no problems with named issue. Win 10 is a still weak spot for many programs so as for NMM too. I'm using Win 7 Pro 64 bit and NMM 0.61.15 works excellent on my PC.

NMM worked flawlessly for me 99% of the time and I've never had any issues on Windows 10 except for this one, I can still go into the mod folder and manually delete the files but that seems kind of stupid since the "Mod Manager" is supposed to do that for us, I was just hoping beyond hope that maybe someone would have ideas to fix it, Shame since I cannot stand Mod Organizer (it is so overly complex for carrying out such a simplistic task as creating and modifying a load order), I'll just stick to ''non NMM handled'' games for now until this issue gets resolved or more people complain about it.

Rebel M.  - sorry to hear that. I wish I could do more to help you. I can only hope that someone with more experience with Win 10 and NMM will read your posts and bring up solution. I'm powerless :(

Actually on a whim I decided to try and download one of the earlier versions from the initial post, I managed to get the mod deletion to work perfectly but I had to roll back to 61.4, I can sit with this one for now and only update when I'm sure the situation is fixed.

Thank you EP for your help and for hosting the older versions, I am grateful for that :)

Ok well yet more testing ensued after the staff at Nexus were unable to resolve my issue, turns out even on 61.4 that if i click uninstall from all profiles NMM will freeze and crash on me, but if I select Uninstall Mod then it works fine, I wonder if this is a bug with the way NMM handles things or if it's an intended behavior when you only have 1 profile active. Either way it works well enough now that I can return to playing Skyrim with the mods I want so I'm happier at least.

I should also mention that there is a lot of people over at the nexus submitting reports on the same issues that I am having, seems that this issue is either one activated by a specific action that we have all done or it is something that is only becoming apparent with the latest version and some mods or windows versions or even other programs installed, although nothing has changed on my end except the update of NMM when I noticed the issue.

Rebel M. - For me, 0.61.14 is the best of 0.61.+ versions. You can read my review on that version 1-2 earlier pages. I always test every version in single profile and multiple profiles (at least 2). Works fine for me. According to my researches about Win 10, NMM is not fully "compatible" with it. Well, as I read bug reports on Nexus about NMM I always saw various problems some users have. 99 % of reports I never had in practice. So, I guess, if re installation of NMM doesn't help you you have only to options:

- revert to 0.50.+ (you can download 0.56.1 from my OP)

- re-install Win 10 from the scratch.... (most of the time upgrading OS causing problems to something)

P.S. I reinstalled my Win 7 yesterday and installed NMM 0.61.15 and all mods I had. Had no issues at all.

Request to NMM users on Win 10

I kindly ask every NMM user who has Windows 10 to report any problem with NMM manager and Win 10. I did a lot of research on NMM and Win 10 and various experiences were reported; from total disaster to great co-work, but mostly bad reports. I don't have Win 10 on my PC but I want to dig deeper into this problem and find solution if possible for those who have problems with it. Good reports are welcome to.

Please, work with me. Thank you.

P.S. Rebel Marauder - thank you very much for your reports.

I may have narrowed my search for a problem mod down a bit, after reinstalling all my mods I noticed that a few of them didn't have links to the page, these were taken from a Japanese/Chinese site and may have changed my games language also and I only installed them around the time I started upgrading my Nexus Mod Manager, I am going to attempt to uninstall them all and see what happens,

Aside from the one problem I have complained about I have had a very smooth ride with Windows 10 and NMM 61.13 and 61.15.

Thank you for taking the time to help and for reaching out to try and find a solution to this and many other problems plaguing NMM and Windows 10, your efforts are highly appreciated :)

I use Win 10, and have not noticed any problems from upgrading to it.

One problem I did notice I found when my game got too unstable to play and I decided to delete it and reinstalled it on another drive.  When I was reinstalling my mods, it asked me a number of times about overwriting files.  I uninstalled all mods again, and found that some of the mods were still in the virtual install folder.  I deleted them and reinstalled the mods with no problems.  When I uninstalled the mods, I told it to uninstall all.  Don't know if uninstalling one by one would have removed them or not.  I'm using 61.15 by the way.

I use Win 10, and have not noticed any problems from upgrading to it.

One problem I did notice I found when my game got too unstable to play and I decided to delete it and reinstalled it on another drive.  When I was reinstalling my mods, it asked me a number of times about overwriting files.  I uninstalled all mods again, and found that some of the mods were still in the virtual install folder.  I deleted them and reinstalled the mods with no problems.  When I uninstalled the mods, I told it to uninstall all.  Don't know if uninstalling one by one would have removed them or not.  I'm using 61.15 by the way.

Thank you for your report. highly appreciated. :)

Hey E.P I finally found out what was causing my specific issue, despite my initial thoughts that it wasn't, my results concluded that in fact my hard drive where the mods were located was failing slowly so now I have a new hdd on order and have moved all my mods to my ssd and using the uninstall all feature does not cause me any issues anymore, so this is for anyone else who has a similar issue to me, use SeaTools and check your hard drive out, seriously it just might save your sanity.