NMM from 0.52.+to 0.70.+ ( important info, help, tips & tricks)

NMM, Maria Eden Slavery (MES) and Maria Eden Prostitution (MEP) mods

Maria Eden is excellent mod, there is no doubt, but be careful when you install it. I would strongly suggest you to create a new profile before you install the mod, just for ME mod and start the game from the beginning with new character. Before install this mod READ THE MOD'S OP - mandatory

MES and MEP behaves similar as LAL (Live Another Life), AL (Alternate life) and similar mods that "escapes" Helgen intro.

What those two mods does?

- they will disable Skyrim.esm file if being played under another profile and uninstalled afterwards and if run "rebuild patch" in Wrye bash

- they causing NMM to disable Skyrim.esm files after certain mods are unistalled or/and being in wrong load order after running "rebuild patch" in Wrye bash

- turns many features mods and "cheat" mods off (mostly selectively)

- they work with AFT but sometimes disables it when starting a new game

- they overloads your system because of heavy script and you may expect a lot of CTDs and looping screens on weak machines

- the mods don't "like" similar prostitution and slavery mods although it might work with them. It's from the case to case and the game to game, depending on the type and number of mods player have.

- some other small incompatibilities issues with other mods

- MES supports only female slavery and prostitution, so don't even try to start the game s male Player. If you are stubborn and want to install MES on your present game with male profile, MES will overwrite and change his gender into female.

Tips:

1. Never play ME mod starting the SKSE. Always use NMM ME profile

2. Don't add new mods in ME NMM profile, It will mess up your game

3. Never update your present game/saves with MEP and MES -you'll screw your saves. If you want to do it anyway, back up your save first.

3. Always run any "Save cleaner" tool

4. If uninstall mod, check your Game Data and manually delete all MEP and MES files

5. If you are sure you will not play MEP and MES again, delete MEP and MES profiles in NMM - mandatory

If you do not follow this you have a big risk to screw up your game

NMM 0.61.12 is out

Version 0.61.12 Warning: This version requires .Net Framework 4.6 (If you're not using Windows 10, you can download it HERE )

Impact: Minor
Type: New feature and bugfixes

1. Added a "Reinstall Mod" option to the right-click context menu.
  2. Fixed issue preventing mod files from being removed from the game folder when uninstalling a mod that was previously overwritten.
  3. Fixed mod deletion prompt not showing up when using the DEL key.
  4. NMM will now properly run the 64bit version of Bodyslide2 when available.

Download: my OP under NMM - downloads (Virus free rar installers): or you can go directly to Nexus: http://www.nexusmods...ds/modmanager/?

Report on NMM 0.61.12

1. Upgrade from 0.61.10 to 0.61.12 went well

2. Complete installation went well.

- I did some small tests this time:

I didn't uninstall my mods this time because I wanted to see how manager will behave. So, when I was asked where to place VirtualInstall folder (it was originallly placed in Games/Skyrim Mods), I set it into Games folder. The manager started uninstallation of all my mods and right after, it started to install them.

During the reinstallation, NMM reported two errors, in SKYUI and SKSE:

a. When reinstalling SKYUI, the mod reported 4 old files in DATA/Scripts folder that needed to be deleted in order to continue with proper installation of the mod. I deleted those 4 files and pressed "Refresh" in the installation box and the mod installed correctly.

b. SKSE error is something new in NMM. I never installed SKSE via NMM but manually. This time NMM reported missing SKSE. So I reinstalled the mod, manually again, but manager was persistent in reporting "SKSE is missing". I checked my DATA folder and SKSE was there, installed and functional. So, I pressed "Ignore" in installation box and the manager continued with installation of rest of the mods.

(This time I had only 143 mods and 10 of them were heavy scripted) - Total time for "Unistallation" and "reinstallation" of all mods was 1 hour and 10 minutes. It crashed at very end but it accomplished the tasks.

Here comes the problem. When choose another location for VirtualInstall folder, NMM didn't move existing one into the new one or erased it, but it kept it and created a new one. So I had two VirtualInstall folders. When NMM finished with installation of all my mods, it activated them in "Pugins" tab but kept them inactive in mods list. It created a new profile called "Profile 1" and created new VirtualInstall folder called "Imported". Doing that, it double used the space on my HDD.

Instead of deleting the new VirtualInstall folder, I started the manager and gave it command to relocate it to the original destination; Games/SKyrim. Manager started with uninstallation of my mods again and replacing/overwriting existing one. When finished it started to install them. But this time correctly. But it still kept two VirtualInstall folders in two places. So I had to delete "Imported" VirtuallInstall folder to save the HDD space.

So what is the lesson in this?!

- DO NOT PLAY SMART WITH VIRTUALINSTALL INSTALLATION LOCATION WHEN INSTALLING FULL NEW VERSION.

If you had it in one directory, keep it there until NMM finish with installation of all your mods. After that you can move your Virtuallnstall folder to another location using NMM for it. Just make sure that you follow instructions from my OP.

READ CAREFULLY ABOUT OPTIONS WHEN THIS BOX SHOWS UP... If you FUCK UP your installation and if NMM/mods doesn't' work afterwards because you didn't read it or didn't read it well, and did accordingly, do not blame NMM for it.... it's your fault.....

post-894077-0-88422600-1455219284_thumb.png

My personal opinion about this: Although full uninstallation and reinstallation of your mods is much quicker, it's not 100% reliable. YOu still have to check if all your mods are installed and you cannot be sure that NMM installed them correctly because we are talking about numerous mods that are being installed in row. I prefer manual installation of every single mod. It takes much of my time but I'm more content because I know what mods to install first and how. Full reinstallation is recommend for beginners who also needs to read my OP in the case of not knowing what to do (next).

3. This version doesn't clean esp's of some mods after uninstaling the mod. So, always check your "Plugins" list after uninstallation.

4. Wrye bash and NMM are in conflict. Every rebuilding the patch bash in WB, disables Skyrim.esm file and unmerge mods that NMM merged. The solution for this problem is activating all mods in NMM.

The fault I reported with esp's not being removed is still bugged but the opposite way:

Test

Install Beeing Female 1.14

Install Beeing Female 2.27 overwriting 1.14

Uninstall Beeing Female 2.27

esp and esm are completely missing (i.e. the v1.14 hasn't been replaced).

If you now try to reinstall 2.27 it asks you if you want to overwrite.

This is better than the way it was I think but still needs correcting. I'll report it as a bug on Nexus

The fault I reported with esp's not being removed is still bugged but the opposite way:

Test

Install Beeing Female 1.14

Install Beeing Female 2.27 overwriting 1.14

Uninstall Beeing Female 2.27

esp and esm are completely missing (i.e. the v1.14 hasn't been replaced).

If you now try to reinstall 2.27 it asks you if you want to overwrite.

This is better than the way it was I think but still needs correcting. I'll report it as a bug on Nexus

Thanks for the report. :) I confirm that because I had similar experience.

NMM 0.61.13 is out

Version 0.61.13 hotfix Warning: This version requires .Net Framework 4.6 (If you're not using Windows 10, you can download it HERE )

Impact: Minor
Type: Hotfix
  1. Fixed issue preventing NMM from restoring overridden links when uninstalling a mod.

Reports on NMM 0.61.12 and 0.61.13

1. The new feature, "Reinstall mod" works fine.

2. Upgrading from 0.61.12 to the new version went flawless

3. issue preventing NMM from restoring overridden links when uninstalling a mod is fixed

4. Wrye Bash and NMM are still "incompatible" when it comes to merging mods. NMM still disables Skyrim.esm file after merging done by WB.

5. Installing large files (over 80 MB) are still "weak spot" and it takes a long time.

6. I didn't do full (new) installation of the Manager and the mods this time because the change in the new version is minor and I didn't see the need for doing it.

Thank you for your report slorm, my friend.... And I have some

more reports on NMM 0.61.13 (New full installation)

Sooooo, I reinstalled Skyrim... I needed to, because some modders are lying when saying that their standalone followers don't change anything in the game. That's not true and the worst part is that if you install their standalone follower mods, you can't fix the damage. Well, you can thanks to the backup, but since one thing leads to another, at the end you learn that the skin textures isn't the only one you have to reinstall but some other stuff too. I don't have a time to spend on fixing the stupidity of the authors who aren't honest about their mods or didn't give them for testing before releasing. All praises to the ones who are doing it. Lesson is learned again - never trust to first release of the mod.... Wait until you see bug reports...

However, here is description of the procedure I did and bug reports:

1. Before I uninstalled Skyrim, I uninstalled all (142) mods via NMM. Uninstallation was long, 45 minutes but NMM did its job.

2. After that, I took out my Mods folder from Nexus mod manager and placed it on the desktop creating two identical copies.

3. Uninstalled NMM and deleted all files related to NMM in My Documents, My games and I cleaned the registry. (I did it purposely because I wanted to see what will NMM do with my Mod folder that was taken out and placed back after installation of the manager)

4. Installed NMM 0.61.13 and placed VirtualInstall folder into Games. Fine. Then I directed NMM to place my VirtualInsall folder into Games/Skyrim. NMM did it but kept the copy of VI in old place. WHY?????!!!!! WHY???!!!! IT is Nonsense. So "Move" command is not fully working because it doesn't move VI but copy it to anther location.

So I deleted the VI from Games folder and kept the one in Games/Skyrim.

5. Then I placed Mods folder back to the place it was before. And it happened this; NMM didn't react on them, didn't register their presence and it didn't placed "Disabled" icon on front of them, as it was the case with all versions before 0.61.12.... tc tc tc.... guys.... guys... what have you done?!

6. Nevertheless, I took my Mods folder out of NMM again and was forced to install them one by one. And then shit happens again.

- NMM placed some mods in their original place and name but great number of them it placed into "Unassigned" section.

- Second thing that was weird is; the mods that NMM placed on their original place was still counted as "Unassigned" mods. So I had, for instance, no.1 mod in "Utility" and the no. 57 under "Unassigned" for the same mod. WTF?!?!?!

- When it came to install SexLab, it reported mod as "incompatible". Excuse me please!!!!! It was never happened before. I tried to install this mod 2-3 times restarting NMM but no help. Then I tried to install SexLab from the other folder, remember that I made a 2 identical copies. This time NMM installed Sexlab without any problems.... I was in shock.... common guys... stop fulling around..... This situation bugged me a lot so I uninstalled that copy of SL and tried again the first one.... No.... It didn't work. I checked both SL folders and the were exacly the same size with the same files in it. So, again... WTF?!

7. Well at least some good things happened to. I had only 3 "queings" during the installation of 142 mods. Even those 10 heavy scripted mods were fast installed.

8. Wrye bash and NMM broke their alliance. NMM doesn't like when WB is merging files before him and after him. As a "protest", he turns of Skyrim.esm file and thus reports merged mods incompatibility. Oh my god! Hahahahaha.

9. The new features works fine and NMM reads much better mods integration and merging... but without WB's interfering.

Conclusion: Regardless of these bugs and irrational behaving of NMM in some situation, the manager is improved and when those bugs will be fixed, it will be very good mod manager. Have in mind that it is still BETA:

Hmm, that was an interesting test Elf Prince, thank you

I've never had a need to move the virtual folder myself, but from what you describe I wonder in fact if it really is moved or whether it really just sets up a new location with hardlinks/symlinks back to the original location (hope that makes sense)

Hmm, that was an interesting test Elf Prince, thank you

I've never had a need to move the virtual folder myself, but from what you describe I wonder in fact if it really is moved or whether it really just sets up a new location with hardlinks/symlinks back to the original location (hope that makes sense)

Thank you Slorm.

I also never change VirtualInstall folder's location afer I place it in "correct" place... I see no need and reason for it. I did it for testing purpose only.

You see, if you move your VI into new location, NMM makes its "clone" and install all mods into the new VI folder.... But, it also installs some other mods and rewritten/changed mods into the "original" location and links them. As a matter of fact, I don't know why it is doing that.

When I installed full version of NMM 0.61.12, there was two VI's too after moving Vi on another location. When I check the files in the original one there were few mods installed in both VI's and a folder called "Laraya rewritten" ... Laraya is the follower mod) I have in my game, an Laraya rewritten is the overwritten mod by Maria Eden Prostitution since I changed her role in the game. Someone might say: "But, that's good"... Well, it would be good if NMM will clean that file after I uninstalled MEP, but it wasn't... So if I have to go to Skyrim/Data folder and clean up left mess after some mod's uninstallation, I see it as a big minus if I have to go to "Original" VI and clean the leftovers from there too. So existence of two VI's is unnecessary.

Sooooo, I reinstalled Skyrim... I needed to, because some modders are lying when saying that their standalone followers don't change anything in the game. That's not true and the worst part is that if you install their standalone follower mods, you can't fix the damage. Well, you can thanks to the backup, but since one thing leads to another, at the end you learn that the skin textures isn't the only one you have to reinstall but some other stuff too. I don't have a time to spend on fixing the stupidity of the authors who aren't honest about their mods or didn't give them for testing before releasing. All praises to the ones who are doing it. Lesson is learned again - never trust to first release of the mod.... Wait until you see bug reports...

three things depending on your experience and skill.

1). You can open the files and see if there are any files that are the same.. (for those that know the file system or have experience with them Many are common named. Look at the extracted BSA of the game files and look at the follower mod and see if there is any overlap / overwrites.

2). I believe TESedit should show any conflicts if installed and checked. (however you already installed the mod but at least if checked right after installation you should be able to safely remove the mod and restore the game back)

3) The mod manager should be informing of any overwrites as you install a mod.. isn't this the case? If something should be "standalone" and won't change anything in game then nothing should be overwriting. Now loose files would be the warning not BSA (I believe it's been so long :P) however this is what will seriously mess up your game to a point where you have to reload. BSA's shouldn't do much permanent damage once the "loose" files have been removed.

Questionable mods... and users with a bit of experience... I would suggest packing the appropriate files into the a BSA before installing. ;). Then all the files are separate and easy to remove even manually from the main game or virtual folder or whatever. Nothing would be mixed. Those that don't know how to do this... there are many tutorials and guidance on the web. Then you can even drop the ESP/ESM BSA into the game folder manually without any possibly of harm :D.

1). You can open the files and see if there are any files that are the same.. (for those that know the file system or have experience with them Many are common named. Look at the extracted BSA of the game files and look at the follower mod and see if there is any overlap / overwrites.

2). I believe TESedit should show any conflicts if installed and checked. (however you already installed the mod but at least if checked right after installation you should be able to safely remove the mod and restore the game back)

3) The mod manager should be informing of any overwrites as you install a mod.. isn't this the case? If something should be "standalone" and won't change anything in game then nothing should be overwriting. Now loose files would be the warning not BSA (I believe it's been so long :P) however this is what will seriously mess up your game to a point where you have to reload. BSA's shouldn't do much permanent damage once the "loose" files have been removed.

Questionable mods... and users with a bit of experience... I would suggest packing the appropriate files into the a BSA before installing. ;). Then all the files are separate and easy to remove even manually from the main game or virtual folder or whatever. Nothing would be mixed. Those that don't know how to do this... there are many tutorials and guidance on the web. Then you can even drop the ESP/ESM BSA into the game folder manually without any possibly of harm :D.

Thanks for excellent explanation and very helpful tips. Must say few things :)

1. I'm a still rookie when it comes to understanding how some things works in Skyrim modding. And secondly, although these tips are "must do" and every Skyrim mod user need to know them as fundamentals, I didn't know them. Well, I have no excuse for my ignorance but when working in several different areas at ones, I easily forget to do that. Also, my statement was from the point of ordinary users who know nothing but to "install and play". There are much more people who doesn't know this stuff (and/or doesn't care), they just want to play the mod. :)

3.  NMM always asked me to overwrite or not if there is a code in the mod for it and if manager recognized "differences" in mod... (Please, do not take this sentence as a statement because I don't know English terminology in this area and I'm trying to explain the best I can). The particular standalone follower mod came as a FOMOD. The description that author of the mod gave clearly states that his mod doesn't change anything in the game, but it did. I did recover original state of the game, but it took me away from doing other stuff instead of fixing broken. And the damage wasn't catastrophic but I had to reinstall several mods in order to return my game to original state. Anyway, the game didn't behaved the same although it looked like. So I rather reinstalled Skyrim and my mods than wasting my time in searching for other "cracks" that mod caused. It was much quicker.

So my point is if someone publish the mod he/she should make it easy to use for the rookies and experts. Ordinary user shouldn't bother with BSA's or Loose files. He want it to work.

As I said, your points make sense and I agree with you... but, in the same time, my, friend, you are experienced user, most people aren't .... ;)

1. I'm a still rookie when it comes to understanding how some things works in Skyrim modding. And secondly, although these tips are "must do" and every Skyrim mod user need to know them as fundamentals, I didn't know them. Well, I have no excuse for my ignorance but when working in several different areas at ones, I easily forget to do that. Also, my statement was from the point of ordinary users who know nothing but to "install and play". There are much more people who doesn't know this stuff (and/or doesn't care), they just want to play the mod. :)

3.  NMM always asked me to overwrite or not if there is a code in the mod for it and if manager recognized "differences" in mod... (Please, do not take this sentence as a statement because I don't know English terminology in this area and I'm trying to explain the best I can). The particular standalone follower mod came as a FOMOD. The description that author of the mod gave clearly states that his mod doesn't change anything in the game, but it did. I did recover original state of the game, but it took me away from doing other stuff instead of fixing broken. And the damage wasn't catastrophic but I had to reinstall several mods in order to return my game to original state. Anyway, the game didn't behaved the same although it looked like. So I rather reinstalled Skyrim and my mods than wasting my time in searching for other "cracks" that mod caused. It was much quicker.

So my point is if someone publish the mod he/she should make it easy to use for the rookies and experts. Ordinary user shouldn't bother with BSA's or Loose files. He want it to work.

As I said, your points make sense and I agree with you... but, in the same time, my, friend, you are experienced user, most people aren't .... ;)

you are correct the mod author shouldn't be stating something that isn't true. Beta or not. If this happening then the author needs to know this, he / she might not even be aware of the changes as making mistakes. Some mod authors are also new and can make mistakes innocently. Followers are one of the mod types that new modders attempt first because I believe it is easy to do.

I am aware of your direction to new / inexperienced users. I mentioned the above to help those members that want more control over their game understand what direction they can go to quickly accomplish this. It will take some time and practice but it is very simple and info is readily available for those that wish to do this. It is completely voluntary and not required but to a great benefit if they invest just a bit of time for the basics. The benefit is greater understanding of what is going on and how to resolve most of the basic issues that many times come up, quickly and effectively.

I was unaware of the FMOD status of the mod you mentioned. FMOD is particularity convenient packing however makes it harder to trace what is happening and even harder for a novice or even some more experienced users to "repack" the mod into simple ESP/BSA form as many times FMOD is used to give the user choices in the installation of the mod.Repacking that mod unless it is a simple FMOD wouldn't be for the newer mod users. So for your members that are novices.. I would advise not messing with the FMOD files just use them as directed by the author. (until you understand more of the process).

I am an experienced user because I gained experience. In order to really gain success in the long term with modding your games it is to the benefit of the users to learn some basics like how to use TESedt to check the records, repack/extract the files and what files are in a standard game folder. Along with this, how to use their manager of choice and resolve various minor problems that might arise from using it. (something you are covering with this tutorial :).. and doing quite a good job at it as well along with your other experienced users giving feedback)

As you can see. The above isn't that complex requirements to understand to get a greater understanding of modding and resolving your issues. Add to the above the simple understanding that when you install a mod that has files that are already in the game, you overwrite them unless your mod manager is instructed not to overwrite them (and in some cases you still do regardless ;)

you are correct the mod author shouldn't be stating something that isn't true. Beta or not. If this happening then the author needs to know this, he / she might not even be aware of the changes as making mistakes. Some mod authors are also new and can make mistakes innocently. Followers are one of the mod types that new modders attempt first because I believe it is easy to do.

I am aware of your direction to new / inexperienced users. I mentioned the above to help those members that want more control over their game understand what direction they can go to quickly accomplish this. It will take some time and practice but it is very simple and info is readily available for those that wish to do this. It is completely voluntary and not required but to a great benefit if they invest just a bit of time for the basics. The benefit is greater understanding of what is going on and how to resolve most of the basic issues that many times come up, quickly and effectively.

I was unaware of the FMOD status of the mod you mentioned. FMOD is particularity convenient packing however makes it harder to trace what is happening and even harder for a novice or even some more experienced users to "repack" the mod into simple ESP/BSA form as many times FMOD is used to give the user choices in the installation of the mod.Repacking that mod unless it is a simple FMOD wouldn't be for the newer mod users. So for your members that are novices.. I would advise not messing with the FMOD files just use them as directed by the author. (until you understand more of the process).

I am an experienced user because I gained experience. In order to really gain success in the long term with modding your games it is to the benefit of the users to learn some basics like how to use TESedt to check the records, repack/extract the files and what files are in a standard game folder. Along with this, how to use their manager of choice and resolve various minor problems that might arise from using it. (something you are covering with this tutorial :).. and doing quite a good job at it as well along with your other experienced users giving feedback)

As you can see. The above isn't that complex requirements to understand to get a greater understanding of modding and resolving your issues. Add to the above the simple understanding that when you install a mod that has files that are already in the game, you overwrite them unless your mod manager is instructed not to overwrite them (and in some cases you still do regardless ;)

Good points again my friend. Thank you. :)

LOL... something is wrong with spoilers

Started happening on your thread recently after I posted a quote to your post. Not sure what the issue is. Now it looks like you are saying what I said.. lol.

Yes, notice for all your readers I will post some things that are a bit more advanced. Not very advanced. I will not post any TESedit or other instructions etc in detail or otherwise here along with complex solutions like merging mods and such either. Most of what I will mention will be slightly above the beginner level and only advise to give a greater understanding and control over your files but not to give you complex fixes like removing or editing ESPs, implementing or combining mods to lower your Plugin limit etc. If the newer members here learn just a bit on how the modding system works and how the files work in the game along with a bit on how to work these files their pleasure and success will be greatly increased. This is the reason for most of my post. Just to provide some options for those members that want a "bit more" control and success and a "bit more" understanding of what is going on. Just this "bit more" will give a major boost on the abilities of the user. Learning more than that... you are moving more into mod authoring (editing etc) and control than the standard user requires. Not that that is a bad thing in fact it will just further your ability to get what you want into the game, resolve conflicts that can't be resolved between mods you wish to use (changing codes) and allow more assets (mods, scripts, textures,sounds, meshes) to be added to the game than any regular member can. however that is a story for a different, much more in the future time if ever for many of the members that need this thread.

Yes it is slightly off topic at first glance.. :D. However the + - important infos, help, tips & tricks cover the suggested further education options for the readers provided in depth instruction isn't given.. Well in my opinion anyway.. :P The added info needed is a simple Google search/ post away.

ritual - and your opinions, suggestions and tips are highly appreciated. :)

Testing NMM, regardless of consuming my time and being highly frustrated sometimes, also gives me incredible pleasure because I'm learning a lot, not just about the Manager but about mods behaving too. The most frustrating thing for me is not so much "fighting against the dragon" (you know what I mean by that) but inability to give proper answer or solution because of my limited English. I just don't know how else or better I can say some things. I've been pissed off and depressed so many times because I know what I want to say, but when I transform my words in English, they lost their meaning and readers got confused.... On the other hand, if any of my reports help somebody, I know I didn't waist my time for nothing. :) 

I understand most of what you place on this or any other forum. I believe I can handle English however not an expert by any means. ;) In some cases those experts can see my flaws.. :blush: Occasionally I give my alien status away... :P

A few hints from me. When I created the tutorials I did in the past some were more "complex" and "fancy" in writing.. not so much actually but in hindsight. The key to help get the ideas across is to create a simple as possible basic sentence for the idea you want to get across. Keep it simple. Then it can be easier to translate to other languages using various language translators. Then just follow up with any questions for clarifications needed (like I did for my SCR Tutorial) and refine the statements the best that can be done.

Many issues that arise isn't necessarily the language involved but the lack of prerequisite experience and understanding to follow some of the instructions. I helped the writing on one of your previous writings and for the most part it was clear but a bit wordy, more so than was necessary. However if you recall I couldn't do more because I didn't understand how NMM did what it did. I couldn't streamline some of  the instructions because of lack of understanding of what was happening, i had to rely on your description. In order to make a more streamlined statement I would need to really understand what was going on. Otherwise as far as the grammar went it was satisfactory for someone that isn't a native English speaker. I have had several years of college English to get to where I am and that isn't anything to brag about.. :(.

Just keep plugging away, you will get better and better. One practice that seems to help is read the statement aloud. Helps you learn the language and if you get tripped up and it isn't smooth.. you might want to edit that part. Eyes, Ears and brain is working to verify it. Even native English (or perhaps any other language) is benefited when writing many times by reading it aloud for readability purposes.

I understand most of what you place on this or any other forum. I believe I can handle English however not an expert by any means. ;) In some cases those experts can see my flaws.. :blush: Occasionally I give my alien status away... :P

A few hints from me. When I created the tutorials I did in the past some were more "complex" and "fancy" in writing.. not so much actually but in hindsight. The key to help get the ideas across is to create a simple as possible basic sentence for the idea you want to get across. Keep it simple. Then it can be easier to translate to other languages using various language translators. Then just follow up with any questions for clarifications needed (like I did for my SCR Tutorial) and refine the statements the best that can be done.

Many issues that arise isn't necessarily the language involved but the lack of prerequisite experience and understanding to follow some of the instructions. I helped the writing on one of your previous writings and for the most part it was clear but a bit wordy, more so than was necessary. However if you recall I couldn't do more because I didn't understand how NMM did what it did. I couldn't streamline some of  the instructions because of lack of understanding of what was happening, i had to rely on your description. In order to make a more streamlined statement I would need to really understand what was going on. Otherwise as far as the grammar went it was satisfactory for someone that isn't a native English speaker. I have had several years of college English to get to where I am and that isn't anything to brag about.. :(.

Just keep plugging away, you will get better and better. One practice that seems to help is read the statement aloud. Helps you learn the language and if you get tripped up and it isn't smooth.. you might want to edit that part. Eyes, Ears and brain is working to verify it. Even native English (or perhaps any other language) is benefited when writing many times by reading it aloud for readability purposes.

i agree i am a native English speaker and i have to do what ritualclarity said about reading out loud sometimes.

Edit: edited spelling errors

Edited by Caliban44

I really need a tutorial on how to use backups with NMM 0.61... 

I'm now in the hour 5 of trying to recover from trying to use a backup and it doesn't look promising because at the moment I have no Skyrim directory and no virtual install directory in place. I have backups of both of them and no idea how to make them work together.

The problem starts with the fact, that Skyrim is installed on a 120GB SSD that had only 10GB free. This leaves no space for maneuvering, 

When all mods are installed via NMM 0.61 the game + virtual install folders consume 50 GB because the files in them are one and same. But if you try to use backup the bond breaks and now you need 100GB. Additionally because the bond is broken anything NMM thinks is uninstalling is actually left in the data directory. 

I can see no possible way to use backups with the new NMM. 

If someone is doing it - how?

Update: I used the Skyrim directory backup and manually activated the needed mods in the Plugins tab of NMM. Now the game seems to work with no problems but NMM shows all mods as uninstalled.

prinyo - I'm glad you solved your backup problems. Before I post the topic ab out creating the back for NMM I searched the web for one hour. Unfortunately, there isn't better instructions than those I posted in my OP. Then I tried to do accordingly (5 times) and in three cases I got the same results as you - mods were back but they were disabled. The other two times, backup work correctly. The "problem" was in testing the backup in several different NMM versions, and I was so stupid to not to write down which versions did the best backup.

prinyo - I'm glad you solved your backup problems. Before I post the topic ab out creating the back for NMM I searched the web for one hour. Unfortunately, there isn't better instructions than those I posted in my OP. Then I tried to do accordingly (5 times) and in three cases I got the same results as you - mods were back but they were disabled. The other two times, backup work correctly. The "problem" was in testing the backup in several different NMM versions, and I was so stupid to not to write down which versions did the best backup.

You have alot on your plate. There isn't anything stupid about testing several versions and forgetting which ones were best for this. You are doing this on your own time to help others for free. All the help you can give is greatly appreciated. Now.. GET BACK TO TESTING BACKUPS. :P

You have alot on your plate. There isn't anything stupid about testing several versions and forgetting which ones were best for this. You are doing this on your own time to help others for free. All the help you can give is greatly appreciated. Now.. GET BACK TO TESTING BACKUPS. :P

LOL..... Thank you very much for kind words. :)

LOL..... Thank you very much for kind words. :)

NO problem it is the truth... This is coming from someone that does a lot of support with various mods and created a few tutorials myself and understand the commitment and work required to pull off such an project correctly.

If this is any encouragement for the NMM team and Fallout 4. Someone I know just showed me a screenshot of their NMM with a mountain of mods. Can't say who this is but this person loved MO for their mods and also had some problems getting MO to work for their Fallout game and stated to me NMM worked flawlessly for them (Fallout 4).

I have been finally able to install MO but somethings still isn't quite right on my end being I understand MO pretty much like the back of my hand. This brings a question which only a few NMM experts might be able to answer. Can I turn off the NMM links for download with manager in NMM so that it won't start up when clicking download with manager for a game that I am not managing with NMM? (for example Skyrim with MO and Fallout 4 with NMM). I really enjoy the download with manager option.

NO problem it is the truth... This is coming from someone that does a lot of support with various mods and created a few tutorials myself and understand the commitment and work required to pull off such an project correctly.

If this is any encouragement for the NMM team and Fallout 4. Someone I know just showed me a screenshot of their NMM with a mountain of mods. Can't say who this is but this person loved MO for their mods and also had some problems getting MO to work for their Fallout game and stated to me NMM worked flawlessly for them (Fallout 4).

I have been finally able to install MO but somethings still isn't quite right on my end being I understand MO pretty much like the back of my hand. This brings a question which only a few NMM experts might be able to answer. Can I turn off the NMM links for download with manager in NMM so that it won't start up when clicking download with manager for a game that I am not managing with NMM? (for example Skyrim with MO and Fallout 4 with NMM). I really enjoy the download with manager option.

I think that you can. But, you have to set your NMM for FO4 only. There are two ways of doing it:

1. Install fresh NMM and when it starts to search for games, tick FO4 and then click on "Stop searching". After that , press "Go" and NMM will lead you directly to FO4 mods site and install all groups.

2. The second option is if you have already installed NMM with Skyrim on, just click on big blue circle arrow in the right upper corner "Change mod game". Then click on "Rescan installed games". NMM will start to skan your computer for all games that it supports. When NMM finds FO4, you just tick on it and voila. The next time when you load NMM you'll get a small menu box: Load Skyrim and Load FO4. Then you chose FO4 (only) and check the box with "Remember this option" (or something like that.)