NMM from 0.52.+to 0.70.+ ( important info, help, tips & tricks)

You have been much improved since you started becoming very active here on the post. You are understanding and posting very well now. I would say when you concentrate you are as good (actually better) than many native English speakers In your post.

My post above was confusing. Hell it confused me after I read it over. I am sick and taking loads of medicines which isn't helping me very much in the typing and writing department. Sorry. However your post in response covered not only what I was needing... but answered other potential issues I might have needed as well.

So even though you are distracted... you are still providing a very good service here. :). (I post here more than "there" because it seems as if you are active here more ;)). Now with NMM I can have some very basic mods and go back to play Fallout 4 and their DLCs.

ritual - I wish you quick recovery. I know how one does feel when being sick and under medical drugs. it sucks.

Report on basic test of NMM 0.61.22

(test is done with 162 plugins, 140 active mods on Win 7 Professional, 64)

1. Upgrading NMM 0.61.20 to 0.61.22 went flawless

2. Installation of the full manager was flawless as well as all mods

3. Fixed mod update check and get missing downloaded functions.

4. Fixed a few load order and plugins file interaction related crashes.

5. Uninstallation/installation of all mods went flawless although it took a long time

6. "Reinstall mod"command is still buggy. Don't use this command. Rather "Uninstall mod" and then install it using big green tick in the left side of the panel.

7. NMM is still slow when its dealing with large size mods and heavy scripted mods, but I hadn't had any freezing or crashing of the manager .

Good news from Nexus (file uploading fix)

posted by BlindJudge Site News
As you are all probably aware we have had an issue for many, many months now with our file uploader not being able to process large file uploads (typically files above 300MB in size). During this time we’ve been working with mod authors to manually upload large files to our database for them. Obviously this isn't ideal for either you or for us, so we've also been working diligently behind the scenes to get a new uploader coded for the sites. We've finished work on this new uploader and it’s now live and available to be used on the sites.

This new uploader brings with it a number of new benefits over the old system, on top of providing support for large file uploads again (we've tested with files up to 3GB in size, so far):

• All users will now be shown a progress meter, showing how much of the file has currently been uploaded
  • Uploads can now be paused and resumed
  • If you close the page by mistake or you are disconnected for whatever reason, you can now reopen the page and begin the upload exactly where you left it (24 hour time limit on uploads, however!)
  • Your file will not have a working download link until the file has actually propagated across our Content Delivery Network. It can take up to an hour for this to happen. This will stop people complaining about your file being corrupt or only partially downloading before it breaks when they try to download your file too soon after you’ve uploaded it

You no longer need to email or direct message me with your files. Just upload them onto the site as you normally would via your file page admin areas.

NMM 0.61.23 is out

Warning: This version requires .Net Framework 4.6 (If you're not using Windows 10, you can download it HERE )

Impact: Minor
Type: Hotfix
  1. Tweaked and fixed the "Check for mod updates" function.
  2. Fixed issue with the "Get Missing Download ID" function preventing NMM from retrieving the correct info for some mods.

Note: Always save your current profile(s) before doing upgrade.

Updated to the newest version. (fallout 4) so far all mods work and activated as before. Haven't started the game. Will take a bit since I added some mods just to be sure if any issues arise that it is the manager and not the mods added however so far it works for Fallout 4.

Report on basic test of NMM 0.61.23

(test is done with 158 plugins, 138 active mods on Win 7 Professional, 64)

1. Upgrading NMM 0.61.22 to 0.61.23 went flawless

2. Installation of the full manager was flawless

3. Uninstallation/installation of all mods went flawless although it took a long time

4. Tweaked and fixed the "Check for mod updates" function is fixed?

5. Fixed issue with the "Get Missing Download ID" function preventing NMM from retrieving the correct info for some mods.

- Now, mod's ID is visible

- I still couldn't get ID for most of the mods with "yellow triangle after pressing "get missing Dowloand ID" button. Don't know what is the reason; the manager can't get ID or Di doesn't exist

post-894077-0-81688100-1463009249_thumb.png

post-894077-0-00583400-1463009264_thumb.png

7. NMM is still slow when its dealing with large size mods and heavy scripted mods, but I hadn't had any freezing or crashing of the manager .

Thanks for the report ritual.

I will post my report about latest NMM version little bit later.

I fired Fallout 4 up and it ran without a hitch with the added mods and everything. No problems with load orders so far haven't even had to use the xedit program yet once. Much improved over the previous experience I had with NMM many years ago.

Not the same as Mod Organizer. (sorry I prefer it ) however much better than I expected it to be. It is nice, basic so far reliable mod manager that does get the job done well. I have installed and uninstalled various mods large and small so far and no major problems. (note: most Fallout 4 mods are on the smaller size when compared with many Skyrim mods that are released today).

So far no problems. Following is my current load order (don't know how to export the mods installed list) Not big but not small either with a total of 50 plugins all running fine. The note here is there are many mods that have multiple plugins and NMM just installed them and seemed to figure out where they went pretty well without loot or xedit or even manual intervention.

Disclaimer: So far I haven't gotten any prompts about files being overwritten and believe most if not all the mods I have are mutually exclusive and non conflicting (asset wise) NMM will still prompt if an asset is overwritten or would be overwritten correct? :)

GameMode=Fallout4

Fallout4.esm=1

DLCRobot.esm=1

DLCworkshop01.esm=1

ArmorKeywords.esm=1

SettlementKeywords.esm=1

SpringCleaning.esm=1

Robot Home Defence.esm=1

CBBE.esp=1

EasyHacking.esp=1

CraftableAmmo_plus.esp=1

Companion Infinite Ammo.esp=1

ImmersiveVendors.esp=1

DD_ROBO-TRUMP_2016_MAKE_MODDING_GREAT_AGAIN.esp=1

Armorsmith Extended.esp=1

Armorsmith Automatron.esp=1

LegendaryModification.esp=1

LegendaryModification2LM.esp=1

LegendaryModificationMisc.esp=1

LegendaryModificationCSA.esp=1

LegendaryModificationGroknak.esp=1

LegendaryModification2LMAKPatch.esp=1

The Eyes Of Beauty.esp=1

InteriorsEnhanced.esp=1

TrueStormsFO4.esp=1

TrueStormsFO4-NoConstantRads.esp=1

TrueStormsFO4-LITE-Audio.esp=1

Pip-Boy Flashlight.esp=1

DarkerNightsDetection.esp=1

DarkerNights.esp=1

DarkerNights-TrueStorms.esp=1

Workshop_Planters.esp=1

VendorCaps_5000.esp=1

OCDecorator.esp=1

OCDispenser.esp=1

Docile Radstags.esp=1

SC_ExpandedScrapList.esp=1

FunctionalDisplays.esp=1

FunctionalDisplays-MISC-Vanilla.esp=1

FunctionalDisplays-Weapons-Vanilla.esp=1

FunctionalDisplays-Drinks-Vanilla.esp=1

FunctionalDisplays-Tools-Weightless.esp=1

SSEX.esp=1

Realistic Death Physics.esp=1

PowerArmorDrain0.esp=1

JetPackDrain0.esp=1

BetterSettlersNoLollygagging.esp=1

BetterSettlers.esp=1

BetterGenerators.esp=1

My_Minutemen.esp=1

More Where That Came From - Classic.esp=1

More Where That Came From Diamond City.esp=1

So far no problems. Following is my current load order (don't know how to export the mods installed list) Not big but not small either with a total of 50 plugins all running fine. The note here is there are many mods that have multiple plugins and NMM just installed them and seemed to figure out where they went pretty well without loot or xedit or even manual intervention.

Disclaimer: So far I haven't gotten any prompts about files being overwritten and believe most if not all the mods I have are mutually exclusive and non conflicting (asset wise) NMM will still prompt if an asset is overwritten or would be overwritten correct? :)

There is a topic in my OP - "How to export your NMM load order" :)

it's true, NMM ask about overwriting mod but not for all mods. Asking for overwriting is reduced to minimum, much less then in versions 0.50.+

There is a topic in my OP - "How to export your NMM load order" :)

it's true, NMM ask about overwriting mod but not for all mods. Asking for overwriting is reduced to minimum, much less then in versions 0.50.+

I did export my load order just couldn't figure out how to export my mods list. ;). The load order is above int he spoiler. I didn't see anything about exporting the mod's list (not the load order with plugins).

I did export my load order just couldn't figure out how to export my mods list. ;). The load order is above int he spoiler. I didn't see anything about exporting the mod's list (not the load order with plugins).

There is no separate command for it. NMM exports only load order because if you mess up something you can import it back. NMM's load order exported list shows only installed mods with their plugins. I wish there will be an option for exporting mod's list too.

There is no separate command for it. NMM exports only load order because if you mess up something you can import it back. NMM's load order exported list shows only installed mods with their plugins. I wish there will be an option for exporting mod's list too.

The closest thing I can find is the "install info" in the game/Install info folder. an xml document not clean simple mod installed list. This is one thing I miss from MO. :(. It has both load order and mod list text files you can grab and upload and send. Incredibly useful when working on Anatriax's tutorial to double check my install order to be sure since that tutorial did have a great many conflicts (overwrites in NMM terminology).

However this "shared profile" setting NMM has is going to be a very big deal I believe in the future. It does basically that if I understand it correctly. It does it easier on the user as well. Instead of getting the Mod list from someone then going and finding all the mods then downloading them then installing them and then making sure they are installed in the same order as the person you got the text from.... NMM will do all that in the background. NICE.

I see people like Gopher, perhaps even GamePoets using this extensively. Even if only to give their current load out when doing a video showing some mods. People that like making tutorial to get their game all pretty.. (like Anatriax but not necessarily her) would use this extensively for the most part as well.

Think about this for a moment. A person that wants to create a complex tutorial for a beautiful Skyrim... creates it... uploads the profiles settings etc then just creates a tutorial with any settings needed for outside of the NMM"s ability and a simple video to show off their work. Something changes (with the NMM profiles system) they make their changes to the "tutorial profile" and then re-upload a new update.

The downside... is new individuals won't learn how to mod their games ;). They will rely on these individuals to get the game fully modded.

The upside. would be people could change out their profiles for more dedicated task oriented or specific play style systems. Mage, Thief, Warrior etc. Those mods could be setup and uploaded settings for a nice base play. The user adds a small handful 3~10 mods and it is ready for play. (likely they will already have it downloaded in another profile. ).

I just thought there will be a new modding position now. Profile setups. Imagine someone with deeper understanding of the mods create custom Profiles for individuals to download representing different types of play through. :)

It will be interesting to see what Mod Organizer's answer to this major game changing (pun intended) feature. That is after they get their 64bit version up and running for Fallout 4 to the level it is for Skyrim/Fallout etc.

Very nice overview of the future NMM manager ritual

Your comment about downside and upside of new NMM can be compared with with handwriting. Before computers and cellphones, people's handwriting was much nicer and more beautiful, but now it is horrible with many people, mine too. ;)

Your comment about downside and upside of new NMM can be compared with with handwriting. Before computers and cellphones, people's handwriting was much nicer and more beautiful, but now it is horrible with many people, mine too. ;)

Hey Elf, it's me the guy formerly known as Ras from the Simlab section. I just wanted to say thank you so much for your NMM thread. I tried for a week and half with MO and for some reason FNIS kept getting borked when I used Sexlab Animation Loader and I really didn't get much help from anyone. So I got so weary of doing a fresh install over and over trying to figure MO out as for some reason most people on here love that over NMM but I had enough and tried NMM and since they now have a virtual install and doesn't really touch your actual game data folder much I love it and I have a pretty stable game now. I still have Sims installed but the load times are killing me and there are some other things going on in the Simlab section here I'm not feeling but I won't say publicly. I'm now getting my skyrim on and will eventually get fallout 4. Good seeing you around bro.

Hey Elf, it's me the guy formerly known as Ras from the Simlab section. I just wanted to say thank you so much for your NMM thread. I tried for a week and half with MO and for some reason FNIS kept getting borked when I used Sexlab Animation Loader and I really didn't get much help from anyone. So I got so weary of doing a fresh install over and over trying to figure MO out as for some reason most people on here love that over NMM but I had enough and tried NMM and since they now have a virtual install and doesn't really touch your actual game data folder much I love it and I have a pretty stable game now. I still have Sims installed but the load times are killing me and there are some other things going on in the Simlab section here I'm not feeling but I won't say publicly. I'm now getting my skyrim on and will eventually get fallout 4. Good seeing you around bro.

Thanks for your moral support and kind words. I'm glad you like NMM and that it woks fine for you.. as it works fine with my Skyrim too.

P.S. - I wondered what happened to Ras since haven't seen him (you) for a long time.. now I know..  thanks for letting me know about your new name. ;)

Thanks for your moral support and kind words. I'm glad you like NMM and that it woks fine for you.. as it works fine with my Skyrim too.

P.S. - I wondered what happened to Ras since haven't seen him (you) for a long time.. now I know..  thanks for letting me know about your new name. ;)

No problem bro, I just had too many online personas and I had to purge some and get it down to one. Afro Samurai is my oldest and I use for my XDA Developers (phone modding), NFL Fantasy football and other things so I just decided it was time to tidy up my personas and merge everything so it's just one. I'll be clandestine for a while as it's video card upgrade time in a couple weeks and the new nvidia lineup looks killer and I should finally be able to go 4k. Nvidia has all but kicked their 900/Titan X series to the curb with their new lineup and my cards lose more and more value as the new ones will be out in 2 weeks and 4 weeks so I gotta cut bait and get the most I can and shut it down for a couple of weeks. I'll be on the forum but not playing... ;)

Oh, SIMS 3... the freezes... every 3 second ... freezes ... God .... drives me crazy... why did I pay all this money for expansions that only made it more unplayable ....

But back to the topic.

The downside... is new individuals won't learn how to mod their games

If someone likes to tinker they will tinker  :)  The others will have a fast and easy way to play heavily modded and stable games. 

It is also good for debugging. If you have a problem with a mod you can download and install a profile that includes it and work from there to debug your problem.

Sorry to hear that you had problems with MO and wasn't able to find help. It is a bit more advanced steps to get things working and if you get lost or turned around it can be troublesome. Once you understand it is pretty great. However as always that is a personal opinion. I use Mo for Skyrim and the Fallouts 3 and NV (not sure what I will use for Oblivion if I ever go back) and NMM for Fallout 4 because MO 2 isn't where I want it to be at for my play.

Even though I love using it and would quickly recommend it to those willing to try for Skyrim I understand it can be tedious or difficult. I worked with Elf Princes father a few times as he tried and I believe he finally did get a MO working. Not sure. Anyway I am also one that will recommend any stable mod manager that has the tools needed to get the job YOU NEED DONE, well done. For many people NMM just works out of the box with almost no difficulties. (I for one it was as difficult as some NMM members going to MO ) for me. lol. Dam I had a problem it took me about two weeks of off and on work to get this dang manager working as I wanted it to.

If someone likes to tinker they will tinker  :)  The others will have a fast and easy way to play heavily modded and stable games.

True I thought  about that a few hours later after the post. The key is even newer members can get a proper heavily configured system up which is a wonderful thing for those just starting. Those that don't learn likely never wanted to however with NMM could at least still mod their games. Which is pretty cool

It is also good for debugging. If you have a problem with a mod you can download and install a profile that includes it and work from there to debug your problem.

Good point. I never really think about debugging the system or mods as most of the time I can figure out the problems pretty fast.

Does anyone know the ETA on this being released?

Sorry to hear that you had problems with MO and wasn't able to find help. It is a bit more advanced steps to get things working and if you get lost or turned around it can be troublesome. Once you understand it is pretty great. However as always that is a personal opinion. I use Mo for Skyrim and the Fallouts 3 and NV (not sure what I will use for Oblivion if I ever go back) and NMM for Fallout 4 because MO 2 isn't where I want it to be at for my play.

Even though I love using it and would quickly recommend it to those willing to try for Skyrim I understand it can be tedious or difficult. I worked with Elf Princes father a few times as he tried and I believe he finally did get a MO working. Not sure. Anyway I am also one that will recommend any stable mod manager that has the tools needed to get the job YOU NEED DONE, well done. For many people NMM just works out of the box with almost no difficulties. (I for one it was as difficult as some NMM members going to MO ) for me. lol. Dam I had a problem it took me about two weeks of off and on work to get this dang manager working as I wanted it to.

Thanks but I can always chalk it up to learning the ins and outs. I had some vacation time and instead of actually playing I spent it all day modding things go haywire, reset, cleanse, repeat. I really don't get into fanboyism of things but the more time I learn skyrim, MO vs NMM seems like the Nvidia vs AMD fight. What difference does it make as long as it works for YOU!! I can walk away from MO with feeling as I did due diligence to try and learn and not just say it's not working help. I watched all of Gophers videos and googled and searched to the point I should have carpal tunnel..Rofl. Who know next I have to re-install maybe I try to see where I went wrong as too many people use MO and don't have problems so it had to be me.

What difference does it make as long as it works for YOU!!

There are differences however so long as a manager ... well manages the mods you install and properly removed them then it is a fine manager if you like it. As I stated Elf Prince's father tried a few times. (can't remember if he did finally start using MO) and had difficulty. I mentioned several times that so long as NMM works then you are fine.

The fan boy mentality isn't quite like Nvidia vs AMD. There are some serious benefits with MO over NMM for those that desire it. It keeps the mods separate and shows at a glance any conflicts thorugh the mods list. NMM don't. The mods get installed and during installation you are given the choice to overwrite something or not. Later months later in fact you will likely forget and if something starts to conflict... you have to KNOW your mods and files to understand what might be causing the problem. With MO you don't have to you look at the conflicts and use the second major benefit of MO. Move the entire mod up or down to resolve the conflict or go in and individually hide the file.  No uninstall or re-installation needed.

As for managers of the files for the game... NMM is perfectly fine and does the job well (provided there isn't a bug that causes mods to mess up during installation/uninstallation) it is a process thing which causes most of the fan boys reactions. I use it for the other games (besides Fallout 4) because I can enter each of those folders and do what I want with the files. When I install TTW I can do so in less than 5 minutes. I don't have to make a fmod out of it or anything. Run the program and drag and drop the folder right into the mods folder in MO. That is correct.. just drag and drop. NO INSTALLATION NEEDED.. I can install any mod I want without actually even installing it just need to extract it and make sure it has proper structure and drop it into the Mods folder. Start MO move it to the correct install order (right side) and click on any esps in the left side ( load order) and done.

Oh one other minor benefit. I have a "install order" as well as a "load order". Mods that don't show up in the load order (textures, scripted mods etc ) will still show up in the mods list. ;).

Now some are probably thinking ... hey wait he is talking too much about MO... :). Elf prince understands that I am even handed and offering a comparison between the two and trying to be as fair as possible for each. There is a down side. A few actually.

• One is MO is more complex start and to truly be able to use all the features you really have to understand the process it uses to handle the mods.
  • 2 is you have to run your tools through MO for it to do anything with any of the folders. The down side of having them virtually stored and only presented when the game is ran.
  • 3 (currently during beta development) MO can only run 32bit programs.
  • 4. During installation you are informed if the mod is structured correctly or not and can change the structure of the entire folder add and remove aspects of the mod on the fly. Even move assets from one folder to another etc.
  • Most if not all of the above require a reasonable understanding of the modding process to really use MO properly. Making this harder manager for those that just want the dam mod installed and to run.

I would compare the difference more like Mac users VS Linux users. Mac is setup to just work and Linux has many powerful features but require you to have a more in-depth understanding of Nix systems to use. Both will get you to the world wide web, allow you to write documents, spread sheets and do some work and even play games. The question is which PATH do you want to follow.

Now that I have used NMM I can even more strongly encourage those that want to keep things simple and not willing to try and learn and overcome the difficulties of getting MO to work properly to use NMM and just install their mods and start playing. I really encourage those that don't want to or even care what is going on with the game files and just want their dam mod installed so they can start the game to use NMM :P Now to those that want more in depth control over what is going on with their game all the way down to the individual file level, the tools and such then I encourage them to continue to work on understanding and learning how to use MO.

In the end the  manager should depend on your end wants and needs. I hope the above helps clarify the differences for those that try to use one or the other and find they dislike it.

@Afro...

Don't change if you are very pleased with NMM and it is doing everything you desired unless you just want to explore the options and see what is what. Personally I don't think it is worth  the added stresses unless you just want to know. Same goes for anyone else here.

Mod update notification in 0.61.23 version

Notification about mod's update version sims to not work properly for some mods. For instance. I have "Sassy teen girls" 1.1 mod. NMM shows that version 1.4 is available on Nexus. When opening mod's page on Nexus, it shows that there is 1.96 version available.

post-894077-0-23192800-1463271567_thumb.png

Solution:

If you get, notification like this "1.1/1.4", click on it and mod's page will open. Check for available/latest version and install it.

Fallout 4 NMM Report From RC

Change Profiles

Update. Apparently when I was testing and fooling around with NMM I created a second profile. This one has way less mods in it. I tried the changing profile back and forth for Fallout 4 and it worked flawlessly each and every time.

Mod Updating

As for updates so far all my mods are showing updated and they are truly updated on the Nexus so haven't been able to test that part in Fallout 4.

Thank you very much for your report ritual. :)

Btw - would you be kind to emphasis /highlight or put the title in your post that your testing was for FO4? Thank you.

Update. Apparently when I was testing and fooling around with NMM I created a second profile. This one has way less mods in it. I tried the changing profile back and forth for Fallout 4 and it worked flawlessly each and every time.

As for updates so far all my mods are showing updated and they are truly updated on the Nexus so haven't been able to test that part in Fallout 4.

Thank you very much for your report ritual. :)

Btw - would you be kind to emphasis /highlight or put the title in your post that your testing was for FO4? Thank you.

I stated "changing profiles back and forth for Fallout 4", and "test that part in Fallout 4". I don't understand your request? Is there a format that you are looking for? I can and would of course edit that post or re-post along a format if that is what you are looking for. 

I have been avoiding using color changes because some (like Halstrom) and others have problems reading the changed colors here. Most of the others are due to using the phone or the "light forum option".

Once I understand your format or need for properly showing the Fallout 4 reports I will continue using that format going forward for any official reports to indicate how it is working for me and Fallout 4. :).