NMM from 0.52.+to 0.70.+ ( important info, help, tips & tricks)

Test result of multiple installation and uninstallation of mods in NMM 0.61.10

I wanted to see how manager will behave if I "overload" it with multiple tasks. So this is the test I performed:

1. Started downloading two relatively large mods: "Fair Skin Complexion" (FSC) and "Ethereal Elven Overhaul" (EEO).

2. During the download I gave the command to manager to install early downloaded "Brows" mod.

3. While it was still working, I gave the command to uninstall Coverwoman and seamless UNP Coverwoman look - after this command, NMM showed a message in the framework bar (NMM stopped responding). I didn't cancel operations but let it work for some time expecing to see the final result. The "... Not responding" message didn't stay long. It turned off after accomplishing the last task.

4. During the uninstallation of upper named mods, I gave command it to install FSC mod and Uninstall EEO - now, at this point it looked like NMM went crazy but, at my surprise, it did all jobs done without freezing or CTDing.

During performing all operations I didn't have a single queuing message in the task bar. Only one short time "paused".

So, NMM slaves ;)  if you want to install /uninstall and download several mods in the same time and want to do something else in the meantime (quick sex, for instance ;)  ), you can do it now. Just make sure that those mods aren't too big, over 80 MB.

Side note: must have at least 8GB RAM and 3.1 GHz CPU to be able to perform this multitasking.

Congrats for this NMM team. You just amazed me. :)

I'm still trying to fix the script for Deviously Helpless so have really hammered NMM today, rolling backwards and forwards between SL1.59, SL1.61, various versions of DDi and ZAP until I could find the right combination to get it to compile.

Aside from the slowness NMM behaved very well. Everything is back to how I started off and seems to be running correctly. I'll double check with a Steam cache check but I doubt they'll be any problems. I'll report back if there are

EDIT: Verification was clean

NMM 0.61.11 is out

Warning: This version requires .Net Framework 4.6 (If you're not using Windows 10, you can download it HERE )

Impact: Minor
Type: Game support and fixes
  1. Added modding support for XCOM 2.
  2. Updated Dragon's Dogma categories (you need to click on the "categories"->"reset to nexus defaults" button to update your local list).
  3. Fixed a few issues with automatic game scan for Dragon's Dogma and Witcher 3.

I will not place this version on my OP since the changes doesn't impact Skyrim game. Skyrim players doesn't need to update their managers with this version.

NMM 0.61.11 is out

Warning: This version requires .Net Framework 4.6 (If you're not using Windows 10, you can download it HERE )

2. Updated Dragon's Dogma categories (you need to click on the "categories"->"reset to nexus defaults" button to update your local list).
  3. Fixed a few issues with automatic game scan for Dragon's Dogma and Witcher 3.

I will not place this version on my OP since the changes doesn't impact Skyrim game. Skyrim players doesn't need to update their managers with this version.

Snap..!!!

A new update again. I can't even download them fast enough.. lol.

Yes I know it isn't needed unless someone is using those games. But still they are working their asses off. Are we sure they are human working on this.. not alien!!!! :P

NMM 0.61.11 is out

None of the 0.61 benefits the Skyrim players. 

Again - if you dont play FO4 or DD - stick with the NMM you have and DO NOT upgrade!

NMM 0.61.11 is out

Snap..!!!

A new update again. I can't even download them fast enough.. lol.

Yes I know it isn't needed unless someone is using those games. But still they are working their asses off. Are we sure they are human working on this.. not alien!!!! :P

lol ... I believe they were post-894077-0-78003000-1454723884_thumb.jpg  :lol: :lol:

Report on switching between profiles in NMM 0.61.10

I have 3 created profiles and 152 mods. In base, switching between the profiles works good and relatively fast but we have to be careful about these small problems... (Tested this 4 times and it always happened):

1. When switching between the profiles, NMM disables previous profile first and then it loads wanted profile. Well, in the process of disabling chosen profile it also randomly disables some mods. Not many, 1-2 mods. Thanks to SKSE's report at the beginning of the game loading with chosen profile, one might not always know which mods NMM (mistakenly) disabled because it mostly shows them installed and active. So, when that happens, it is recommended to exit the game and enable or reinstall missing mod in certain profile.

2. The good news now is that NMM install desired mod only in current profile. Other profiles will not have newly install mod unless user loads the save from another profile into current profile. In that case, the game will install new mod in that save and when the user decide to play a save from another profile, the game will "read" that save with installed mod from previous loaded profile. It is recommend to not to load and save your game save from another profile into "wrong" profile.

3. NMM still have to work on managing the "saves" between the profiles. It doesn't separate saves according to set profiles but they are listed according to Vanilla saving list. So, missing to mark the save according to loaded profile, the user can easily load "wrong" save in "wrong" profile if he isn't dareful enough.  In this case, some external programs for saving the game is recommended. Especially for those who has large number of saves.

Here are few mods that are doing good job for multiple profile saves:

1. http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/70999/?

2. http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/60718/?

3. http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/15/? (outdated but works)

(I need a help in this.... I somebody willing to correct my English grammar in this post? Thank you)

One more important note: Maria Eden slavery and Maria Eden prostitution mods, although very small by size but very heavy by script, are giving hard time to NMM in three areas: installing mods, disabling mods, uninstalling mods. Every operation took minimum 15 minutes to be completed. So if you have nerves to wait, go ahead, make yourself "happy."

Bug Report

I've been trying the new Beeing Female update tonight and ran into an oddity with the old version not uninstalling correctly.

The reason is that I was using the old BF v1.14 which has a separate EC+ patch. What the patch does is to overwrite the .esp and a script. When you uninstall both of them it leaves the .esp behind so it is getting confused with an .esp overwrite for some reason.

It's only a minor issue as LOOT highlights it and you can then manually remove it from /data

I have created 3 profiles which contain 152 mods. Switching between the profiles works well and is relatively fast however there are  a few small problems which were repeated through 4 testing sessions.

1. When switching between the multiple profiles NMM disables previous profile first and then it loads desired profile. During this process of disabling chosen profile it also randomly disables a couple of mods. Fortunately SKSE's process of reporting at the beginning of the game may help notify you of some of the mods that NMM mistakenly disabledYou might not be aware of which mod(s) have been mistakenly disabled because they are still shown as installed and active. When this happens you are recommended to exit the game and enable or reinstall missing mod in the effected profile.

2. The good news is NMM installs the desired mod(s) only into current profile. Other profiles will not have newly install mod unless you load the save from another profile into current profile. In that case the game will install new mod(s) found in that save.  It is recommend to not to load and save your game save from another profile into "wrong" profile.

3.The  NMM team still have to work on managing the "saves" between the profiles. It doesn't separate saves according to set profiles but they are listed according to Vanilla saving list. So the user that isn't careful can easily load "wrong" save in current profile if he isn't careful.  In this case it might be advisable to use some of external program to load or manage the saves.

1. http://www.nexusmods...im/mods/70999/?

2. http://www.nexusmods...im/mods/60718/?

3. http://www.nexusmods...kyrim/mods/15/? (outdated but works)

One more important note: Maria Eden slavery and Maria Eden prostitution mods are very small by size but are heavily scripted mods. NMM is having a hard time processing these in three areas; installing mods, disabling mods, uninstalling mods. Every operation took minimum 15 minutes to be completed. So if you have nerves to wait, go ahead make yourself "happy."

A little fixing not sure how good. I don't understand the process so I had to try to figure out what was being directed. Most if not all the corrections or alterations are in red to help review. By all means others lend a hand. I am sure the "saves" part could be more streamlined as well as  a few others but that would greatly alter the work and I am not confident of the info to do so reliably, however others here that do understand what Elfprince is trying to convey might be able to continue where I couldn't.

I have created 3 profiles which contain 152 mods. Switching between the profiles works well and is relatively fast however there are  a few small problems which were repeated through 4 testing sessions.

1. When switching between the multiple profiles NMM disables previous profile first and then it loads desired profile. During this process of disabling chosen profile it also randomly disables a couple of mods. Fortunately SKSE's process of reporting at the beginning of the game may help notify you of some of the mods that NMM mistakenly disabledYou might not be aware of which mod(s) have been mistakenly disabled because they are still shown as installed and active. When this happens you are recommended to exit the game and enable or reinstall missing mod in the effected profile.

2. The good news is NMM installs the desired mod(s) only into current profile. Other profiles will not have newly install mod unless you load the save from another profile into current profile. In that case the game will install new mod(s) found in that save.  It is recommend to not to load and save your game save from another profile into "wrong" profile.

3.The  NMM team still have to work on managing the "saves" between the profiles. It doesn't separate saves according to set profiles but they are listed according to Vanilla saving list. So the user that isn't careful can easily load "wrong" save in current profile if he isn't careful.  In this case it might be advisable to use some of external program to load or manage the saves.

1. http://www.nexusmods...im/mods/70999/?

2. http://www.nexusmods...im/mods/60718/?

3. http://www.nexusmods...kyrim/mods/15/? (outdated but works)

One more important note: Maria Eden slavery and Maria Eden prostitution mods are very small by size but are heavily scripted mods. NMM is having a hard time processing these in three areas; installing mods, disabling mods, uninstalling mods. Every operation took minimum 15 minutes to be completed. So if you have nerves to wait, go ahead make yourself "happy."

A little fixing not sure how good. I don't understand the process so I had to try to figure out what was being directed. Most if not all the corrections or alterations are in red to help review. By all means others lend a hand. I am sure the "saves" part could be more streamlined as well as  a few others but that would greatly alter the work and I am not confident of the info to do so reliably, however others here that do understand what Elfprince is trying to convey might be able to continue where I couldn't.

Thank you veeeeery much for this, my friend. :)

The stupidest thing that NMM 0.61.10 just did was disabling Skyrim .esm file during the switching between the profile process. That wasn't happening in previous versions.

Hello, NMM team, what yre you doing?! :D:lol::P

The stupidest thing that NMM 0.61.10 just did was disabling Skyrim .esm file during the switching between the profile process. That wasn't happening in previous versions.

The NMM team along about now.. :)

Disappointed-Meme-Face-21.jpg
:P

LOL... I know that those guys works hard on the manager.... but fixing the multiple things for multiple games support always screws something for Skyrim... I wish they will come to best solution very quickly. Otherwise, they will have to publish new releaes on daily base. (I know, I sound like a bad ass now ;)  )

I don't think the profiles are connected to the in-game saves and I don't think it is intended for them to be.

Also - the game does not install anything. 

The profiles are simply a way to quickly activate/deactivate sets of mods. From the point of the view of the game it doesn't matter if the mod is gone because you manually removed it or NMM removed it as part of a profile change. 

When this happens the game can't install anything. 

It is best to not add points 2 and 3 to the OP.

Point 1 is the one I have been complaining about all the time. It exist in all the 0.61 versions because the NMM people are busy fixing the problems with 3 specific games - FO4, DD and W3 

The chaos that NMM can (will) create while switching profiles makes it safer to uninstall/install mods one by one and not use the profiling functionality of the manager. 

Hence the point that I'm constantly making - at this time it is best for people without the 3 games I mentioned above to stay with the pre-0.61 version they have.

The price for upgrade is too big (reinstall of all mods) and only thing they get after doing it is a buggy profiling feature that will keep messing their games.

I'm sure this will be fixed sooner or later, but for now it is not.

Thanks for the answer prinyo but they are. I saw it with my own eyes. I purposely loaded one save from another profile into current profile, and the game installed the mods from current profile int the save from other profile. When I switched the profile that didn't contained the mods from profile I played with, the game reported missing mods and I was forced to install those mods if wanted to continue the game because it didn't want to load. Maybe you have different experince but this is what happened to me. I was so curious about this that I tested loading different profiles and saved them under "wrong" ones. I got same results all the time. And I'm not talking about irrelevant mods but ones that impact the game's script.

I'm testing NMM 0.61.+ by my own will and I'm doing it gladly. :)   Somebody needs to inform people about changes in NMM and warn them if something is wrong. So, I have no much plesure of playing the game, but I'm happy if I can help anyhow in this matter. By doing it I believe I can reduce troubleshooting if people regularly read advises, suggestions and follow them.

Sorry for my English. I don't know better.

It is not a question of experience but a simple fact - the game can not install mods. It is technically impossible  :)

I'm sure there is an explanation to what you experience in that specific situation.

My point was that adding points 2 and 3 to the OP will make the users think that the in-game saves are supposed to be connected to the NMM profiles but they are not. 

It is not a question of experience but a simple fact - the game can not install mods. It is technically impossible  :)

I'm sure there is an explanation to what you experience in that specific situation.

My point was that adding points 2 and 3 to the OP will make the users think that the in-game saves are supposed to be connected to the NMM profiles but they are not. 

LOL - I now that.. my friend. It's my clumsy English that makes someone to understand that I'm saying that the game installs mods. No, I wanted to say something completely opposite but at the moment my concentration on English is very low and I don't know how to explain what I wan to say.

Points 2 and 3 has to be rephrased.

So called "infected" saves from other profiles exist. If you load a save into the profile that doesn't contain newly installed mods, the "game" will install/trigger/start those mods. And when player save and exit the game, some of these programs (I don't know which one: JC, SKSE and PU) records the changes to the save. So when you return to your profile and load the save from the previous profile, SKSE reports missing mods because they weren't installed in that profile.-. Now, after that, player have only two options, try to load the game with missing mods and hope it will work, or quite the game and install those mods... gee... how can I explain this better :( :( :(

It seems to handle scripts okay though, looks like it's just an issue with .esp's

This I'm afraid is incorrect - tested as follows:

Installed BF 1.14

Installed BF 2.7 (overwriting BF 1.14)

Uninstalled BF 2.7

Uninstalled BF 1.14

The mods FW and BFA scripts were still in /scripts.

Reported as a bug on Nexus

For CK users I noticed a change from before while working on a script change for Deviously Helpless. It now updates the mod in the virtual folder as well (it used to only update /data).

Caused me a bit of confusion until I realised what was happening :)

SECOND WARNING

Again, NMM 0.61.10  behaves very oddly when uninstaling certain mods.

I uninstalled two mods; "Mias Liar" and "Familiar faces" mods. After disable and uninstallation, NMM disabled main Skyrim.esm file. There is NO WAY user can manually disable Skyrim.esm file in NMM. I tried and NMM didn't let me. So this is the major bug in this version.

Please, always check your "Plugins" tab after uninstallation mods, especially ones that contains master file. You've been warned. :)

Evidence:

post-894077-0-96541400-1455078938_thumb.png

(Tip for new NMM users and those who don't know) - How to enable Skyrim.esm again

To enable Skyrim.esm file you just need to click on the big green tick on the left side of the "Plugins" panel". NMM will enable all your inactive mods. Then, if you have some mods that you disabled earlier and want them to disable again, just go through the Plugins list and uncheck them.