NPC Beautifiers for Amorous Adventures NPCs

Well, might as well report my experiences with the NPC replacers listed here thus far.  Particularly ones that I've encountered issues with when using the TES5Edit merge script (not to be confused with NPC Visual Transfer Tool) in my effort to get what I want while minimizing the impact on my ESP count.  I just ran the script without getting fancy with the task aside from cleaning and having TESedit check for errors.  initially was merging 50 npcs/esps.

I suspect that others here in this thread either merge esps themselves already, or will eventually chose/need to.

Improved Bards - Loses facegen data and textures

1. Called Lisette to qasmoke didn't notice a problem there, but ran into Sven and face and hair text were messed.  no reason to believe that the others aren't affected as well, nor any need to continue on when an issue has appeared despite my disinterest in that particular NPC.  Was strange though.  At first his hair was the only thing wrong, then upon leaving and reentering the sleeping giant inn his face got hit by a truck and crashed back to vanilla, that or I didn't notice his face at first (do have something of a blind eye for NPCs I don't like)
  2. Thora (if you took that optional download) is stark naked post merge, but is otherwise fine.  I consider this a feature and not a bug.  May implement permanently wink.png

BTRH Waifu -  Loses Facegen data and textures in the merge.

Muiri & Sorine are the only ones I took from that collection, but no reason to believe that the entire collection wouldn't suffer the same issues.  

Beautiful Danica - I only remember the hair textures being missing post merge, but I wrote down that facegen is lost as well... so meh.

Skyrim Beautiful Followers - Beleval, Ugor and initiate are the ones I took and didn't really work.  the colour on belevals neck was off, I think it's primarily ugor data that was the problem and overwriting parts of beleval and initiate.  Since Beleval was the one I really wanted, plus the inherent neck seam and colour mismatches to their bodies; I just packed it up there and pulled all 3 out.

Though not always explicitly the characters involved in AA, I've no reason to believe that the issues I encountered wouldn't be shared across the modders work(s) in their respective collections.

NPC/Follower mods that worked post cleaning

others that didn't work, and have nothing to do with AA

Viola Giordano, Mariel - Forsworn Briarheart, Khaliza of Gilane -Redguard Housecarl of Markarth, Kaie - NPC Redone - Forsworn Follower, Calder Girl housecarl widhelm (I removed argis, may have worked otherwise), Dralora of Vivec, Aeri of Angas Mill, Osare Culort Outfit - UNP (just the merchants appearance.  she always looked off in my games, now it's just obvious)

Please take this post with a grain of salt.  Neither tested much beyond calling merged NPCs to qasmoke, nor am I a particularly proficient merger of plugins script button pusher.  Will endevour to edit THIS post for posterity as I progress and if/when I encounter other/more issues.

It's not working because when merging NPCs you have to move and rename the meshes and textures and change the ESP to where these new meshes and textures can be found. I'm very surprised Toccata worked as she should be one of the most difficult ones, merging Toccata, Bijin Warmaidesn, Bijin Wives and Seranaholic was a nightmare and had to be manually merged, took hours. At least that's what the guy who actually did the merging said, I'm just a fellow button pusher like you.

Toccata may very well not be perfect, just seems so after a 10 second inspection that was barely skin deep after the merge.  Though to be honest after looking at the file structure of her mod, since you pointed her out, I don't think there will be an issue with her.  The mod author, for the version I have, created folders for her and separated her elements from any common pools.  So pointing to modified source files that that the modder stores in generic locations is bad ( "/data/textures/character/facegendata/fileABC123" ).  If the original mod points to a different folder, it seems to be fine for the merge script to handle ("/data/textures/character/MyShitYo/facegendata/fileABC123")

Toccata appears to have her own folders right out of the gate from the version I downloaded, so I don't anticipate any issues.  This is of course only based on the experience with Improved Bards.  Explains why Lisette was fine and sevn wasn't, at least in part.  Lisette had her own folder with all her stuff separate from the common directory, sven does not.  Plus looking at the "NPC Merg" folder, bethesdas default locations are a cluster frack full of generically named files.

To be honest I was shocked that Ciri worked, I really wasn't expecting her to as she was in WIP and now abandoned.  And I'm floored that skydream riften kittens appears to have worked.  That is a complex mod where PC can change the body types of each of the 5 followers while in game via a spell.

Anyways, a bit early to declare anything solid and with a sample size of 1 I wouldn't bet the farm on anything being concrete.

Here's some new NPC mods;

Women of Skyrim - Ageing Gracefully, is a beautifier over vanilla but it veers towards realism a lot more than most of them. http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/70183/?

Hott Vampires goes the other way, it overhals all the female vampires in the game and makes them better looking and less monstrous. This will include both Serana (can be left out), Sybille Stenthor, Alma (who may be featured in the upcoming Amorous update), and a whole lot of gals likely to end up as vampire dust. It also includes a version for those with Interesting NPCs, overhauling the vampires in that. http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/70194/?

Aela and Skjor strangely enough overhauls Aela and Skjor; http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/70074/?

Ingun Upgraded changes Ingun Black-Briar to some degree; http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/70011/?

Here it is http://blog.naver.com/sidearmf93

See if that works for you.

It's quite nice but I have no idea where to download any of it, if it's up for download. Plus all of his women look a bit too similar in the facial strucuture, if all of hem were bald then apart from a few scars and face paints you'd be hard pressed to tell them apart. Plus all of them look like teenagers... including the children. Aside from the height thing and a slight bust difference (not large) there's not much difference in his children as his adults.

Here it is http://blog.naver.com/sidearmf93

See if that works for you.

It's quite nice but I have no idea where to download any of it, if it's up for download. Plus all of his women look a bit too similar in the facial strucuture, if all of hem were bald then apart from a few scars and face paints you'd be hard pressed to tell them apart. Plus all of them look like teenagers... including the children. Aside from the height thing and a slight bust difference (not large) there's not much difference in his children as his adults.

I would agree with that, but you can tell the quality shows. The modder put some time in and then used the same work but I dont blame him for that. When someone finds what they like they rarely deviate from it. They can be downloaded, it is on the right side with the arrow.

This might be of some interest; Skyrim Ladies - Thieves Guild has been updated with a new optional download that also allows you to both take Sapphire as a follower and to marry her if you wish. I'm a big fan of her, so with her being a great Amorous girl, that works out great!

Note that Swiss's Dynamic Follower Dialogue is HIGHLY recommended for this, otherwise your Sapphire follower will have rather broken dialogue. Plus it's a brilliant mod.

This might be of some interest; Skyrim Ladies - Thieves Guild has been updated with a new optional download that also allows you to both take Sapphire as a follower and to marry her if you wish. I'm a big fan of her, so with her being a great Amorous girl, that works out great!

Note that Swiss's Dynamic Follower Dialogue is HIGHLY recommended for this, otherwise your Sapphire follower will have rather broken dialogue. Plus it's a brilliant mod.

Oo, i really like Tonilia and Vex from this replacer. Nice spot!

• 2 weeks later...

New NPC replacer, you might wanna check it out:

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/70547/?

"This mod changes the appearances of NPCs.

Carlotta Valentia, Hulda, Saadia, Irileth, Alfhild Battle-Born

Olfina Gray-Mane, Ahlam, Gerdur, Valerica, Angi

Elenwen, Una, Erdi, Freir, Bryling

Illdi, Vivienne Onis, Lisette, Vittoria Vici, Alexia Vici"

Yea just saw it too and it looks pretty good.  Has a lot of the B-Team, garbing it now and placing it early in the load order so lords of skyrim overwrites ordinary women's irileth and seranaholic's valerica tops out.  Am conflicted over lisette, both ordinary women and improved bards versions appeal to me.  Tons of photos too, seems a very compelling addition and a fair amount of work from NeusKharp here.