OSex+ The Greatest Virtual Sex Ever

New animations are always great - more stuff to play with. That's way there still is Sexlab - more modders, more animations, and very different approaches on animated sex. This here however is something completely different, I find. This is taking one engagement much more serious than SL can; I don't mean to judge, but when using SL I always tend to play a complete slutty character.

0Sex "feels" more intimate, on the other hand. And that is the one advantage it will always have over SL. Of course, this is all very subjective, but it makes me want my heroine to be a faithful wife - until there are MMF animations, of course. Nevertheless, my point is: might be better to create a more complete "playthrough", instead of adding more candies into the jar.

But that's just wishful thinking. CEO has done great so far. And for that I am thankful.

I totally agree. I'm currently only using SL for Fox's AA mod, Lover's Comfort, and SL Werewolves. I think after I'm done with AA and 1.08 comes out, I'll find someone to settle down with and stay with her rather than be the randy man-slut I currently am. The only quandry I'm in right now is who? Aela, Carlotta, Serana, or Lydia...? Damn it, I love 'em all!  :wub:

There's also the custom followers too. I'm just going to have a harem and love them all equally

Installed the new demo version

Having a quick issue here, I can't seem to start any scenes from happening, i'm using the default hotkeys, and when I press numpad0 nothing seems to happen.

I've tried re-assigning the hotkeys( from here http://wiki.tesnexus.com/index.php/DirectX_Scancodes_And_How_To_Use_Them)to no avail.

I've ran FNIS and started new game to test it.

Same here. Tried to use all possible hotkeys, no use. Maybe it conflict with some other mods?

Are you using 1.07c? if so under the hotkey "numpad0" where it says name did you type in 0sex "the o is a zero" .

No I"m using the 0SEX1.08Demo2

Installed the new demo version

Having a quick issue here, I can't seem to start any scenes from happening, i'm using the default hotkeys, and when I press numpad0 nothing seems to happen.

I've tried re-assigning the hotkeys( from here http://wiki.tesnexus.com/index.php/DirectX_Scancodes_And_How_To_Use_Them)to no avail.

I've ran FNIS and started new game to test it.

Same here. Tried to use all possible hotkeys, no use. Maybe it conflict with some other mods?

Are you using 1.07c? if so under the hotkey "numpad0" where it says name did you type in 0sex "the o is a zero" .

No I'm using 0SEX1.08Demo2

Progress Update and some replies.

Thank you everyone for the feedback, testing and nice comments!

-------------------

Some Questions that came up:

I'm looking into why the keys aren't working for some but am coming up with nothing. Have you always had to rebind the num 0 key to use OSex in the past? Do you have any controller kind of mod installed that comes with a txt document that assigns the keys and are you able to rebind the keys in other MCM menus? I'll continue to look and will definitely find a solution as soon as I can.

Actor Role at start is just something I haven't got to yet, sorry! It will be cleaned up most likely by the next Demo and function the same as 1.06. Weapon stripping also.

-------------------

Question for PipDude or anyone that knows:

I need chat bubbles but am stuck on how to find the screen coordinates. I'm wondering Pip or anyone that is reading this knows how to go about it or can point me in the direction. The over the head floating health bar mod does use this, it's a dll so I can't see exactly how it's going about it. Hopefully it can be powered without a DLL as with my current knowledge I can't pull it off without some substantial C learning time

I believe it is able to access the screen coordinates relative to the UI of the location of the actor's "Head Node" bone and bases positioning off that. Anyone know how to find the screen x y coordinates that an in game bone is located at? Thanks

----------------------------------

Update is:

Animations I cleaned up a lot of the kneeling stuff, (Sit on Knee) (Bend over Knee through Cabooser) added a bunch of spanks too and a few places in the laying down segment which I'll be focusing on next. A few bonus animations, (Fabio Lifted scene) + Some stuff with the Dom laying down and Sub standing to serve as a shortcut the lower end of the mod.

I got SexDentity hooked up in a limited fashion at the moment but the hard part is done, I should be able to have it all in for the next demo. I have to finalize a solution to sound forms to get sound working nicely. It needs to do a lot for my vision of full customization of sound, stats, expressions etc so the system is a beast to put in and that's over. It should have a lot of benefits over 1.07 thanks to Pipdude. 1.08 has a data library that it sticks XML to once it loads and before loading it checks if it has the file already so everything is only loaded once in all parts of the mods XML, this does mean that performance improves slightly in use, the fact that actionscript is doing the heavy lifting is a huge upgrade also. Everytime the game is closed the flash loses it's data library, that being said as far as I can tell the loads are invisible and have no effect on performance or consequences even when it's loading a lot.

AINav I completed the script for also so that will be back. It benefited from the actionscript and was substantially easier to pull off there so just a "cute" small script can handle the entire autonavigation process, i wasn't expecting it to be so easy as it was one of the worst parts to pull off in Papyrus. I have to do data entry for it but again the hard part is over.

Next demo will be soon as sexdentity is the most taxing system in the mod and I want to make sure performance is right on still. If it works then we're basically done besides tying up some loose ends.

------------------

In terms of animation focus. Orgasm and post scene will come and it's almost at that point. The struggle with 1.07 is for  those features and now that OSA is powered by actionscript that hurdle has been crossed but I have to complete 1.08 before I can implement those features. I want orgasms to be realistic, feature a visual build up, with capacity for the AI to handle the orgasm so your actions influence what happens and orgasms can be "earned", I want visual changes in the animation and sound to hint at the actors feelings and if they are close to climax (within reason). There's infinite depth it can have but obviously time caps me. I'll do the best I can to fill it in as much as possible but specifically orgasms and conclusions need the 1.07/1.08 engine complete to be able to do that. It might sound complicated and far off but remember that all this time struggling with 1.07 has been due to me trying to make the most ambitious systems in the engine work and these are the exact things I've been toiling with over the last months to make possible. It's almost all done just a little longer, orgasms are a high priority for me once the engine can handle it.

A lot of this project is not fun stuff, very tedious, I get motivation to continue by the potential glory the complete results have but a lot of the path to it in both animation and script are very time consuming slow and boring. Making new positions is fun and easy but doing all the transition work to make it have the full effect is not the best time, in order to not burn out I can't always stay diligent to the work that needs to be done and sometimes have to just do a new position etc even if there's unfinished animations and major holes in the scene.

Progress Update and some replies.

Thank you everyone for the feedback, testing and nice comments!

-------------------

Some Questions that came up:

I'm looking into why the keys aren't working for some but am coming up with nothing. Have you always had to rebind the num 0 key to use OSex in the past? Do you have any controller kind of mod installed that comes with a txt document that assigns the keys and are you able to rebind the keys in other MCM menus? I'll continue to look and will definitely find a solution as soon as I can.

I don't have any thing like that, and I've always used numpad0 that was usually set by default for previous versions.

I've tried rebinding the key to like H key, and nothing happens.

Thanks for the update on progress. Ill say again take it easy, do simple stuff, things dont have to be perfect (coz then you wont have any more updates) but functional. Once that is done you can always turn good into amazing. :)

I don't have any thing like that, and I've always used numpad0 that was usually set by default for previous versions.

Thanks and sorry it's giving you a problem.

Question: did it happen on Demo 1 also and if so when you were on Demo 1 did you get a pink box on the top left of your screen?

I need chat bubbles but am stuck on how to find the screen coordinates. I'm wondering Pip or anyone that is reading this knows how to go about it or can point me in the direction. The over the head floating health bar mod does use this, it's a dll so I can't see exactly how it's going about it. Hopefully it can be powered without a DLL as with my current knowledge I can't pull it off without some substantial C learning time

I believe it is able to access the screen coordinates relative to the UI of the location of the actor's "Head Node" bone and bases positioning off that. Anyone know how to find the screen x y coordinates that an in game bone is located at? Thanks

Can you send a link to the overhead mod that does this?

There could be an API for it through Scaleform. Or, it might also be achievable via NiOverride and some fancy math. I could be spacing it. But, I don't remember seeing UI elements in Skyrim that were positioned on objects in the 3D world.

Can you send a link to the overhead mod that does this?

There could be an API for it through Scaleform. Or, it might also be achievable via NiOverride and some fancy math. I could be spacing it. But, I don't remember seeing UI elements in Skyrim that were positioned on objects in the 3D world.

Its an illusion :Phttp://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/58728/?

Thanks Pipdude,

It's here:

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/58728/?

description summarizes it a bit but not the details:

The SKSE plugin injects an additional layer into the HUD and registers a special HUD component internally for this layer. The layer is updated on a per frame-basis and converts the Actor's head position to Screen position and is scaled accordingly by depth (Quest markers follow the same concept). The bars also make a line-of-sight check to ensure you can actually see the Actor to see the healthbar.

--------------------

The SKSE might just be skipping the process of attaching an swf. since the mod doesn't come with an swf, I hope this is the case so the results could be pulled off somehow by the actionscript, but it's the conversion of Head Position > Screen Position that I'm stuck on. For all I know maybe there's a NiOverride command that just does this exact thing, I haven't got into NiOverride much yet, I'll take a look but a lot of it confuses me.

If the segment on quest markers relate I suppose I could look into the SWF files from the Skyrim flash resource pack you posted a while ago to see if the code for placing quest markers on the compass sheds light on it.

----

Basically looking to be able to put graphics, text in locations relative to the body as well as chat.

Thanks and sorry it's giving you a problem.

Question: did it happen on Demo 1 also and if so when you were on Demo 1 did you get a pink box on the top left of your screen?

No, I started with Demo2. I haven't used demo1 before.

I want to confirm if the game is loading the XML at all.

This test will crash your Skyrim but it wont do any harm:

Can you try this for me and let me know how it goes?

1. Go here: Data\meshes\0SA\_0S\Config

2. Open act.xml

3. Type in some random letters after the xml like:

<act bind="82" name="OSex" desi="0Sex" start="0MF|Sy6!Sy6|Ho|St6RevCud+01TurnAround" actors="2" />asdaseasease

Save the XML

4. Start up your game, the game should totally freeze a few seconds after you are in the game itself (Not the main menu but actually in game). If it freezes at least it will help me narrow down that the mod is totally installed and that the XML is being loaded / UI is working.

5. Stop the crash by deleting the extra letters and resaving the xml

I want to confirm if the game is loading the XML at all.

This test will crash your Skyrim but it wont do any harm:

Can you try this for me and let me know how it goes?

1. Go here: Data\meshes\0SA\_0S\Config

2. Open act.xml

3. Type in some random letters after the xml like:

<act bind="82" name="OSex" desi="0Sex" start="0MF|Sy6!Sy6|Ho|St6RevCud+01TurnAround" actors="2" />asdaseasease

Save the XML

4. Start up your game, the game should totally freeze a few seconds after you are in the game itself (Not the main menu but actually in game). If it freezes at least it will help me narrow down that the mod is totally installed and that the XML is being loaded / UI is working.

5. Stop the crash by deleting the extra letters and resaving the xml

I'll try out later tonight, away from my PC.

No, I started with Demo2. I haven't used demo1 before.

Maybe dumb question but i have to check to eliminate that possiblilty:

Did you target some npc before pressing num 0 ?

Yea I'm pretty sure :D

Sounds good I"ll keep an eye out for it to see.

Initial thoughts are:

- Maybe something with windows admin priv not letting the UI read .txt documents. I have no idea about this stuff but maybe something with the install directory location, I'm in the dark on this knowledge and most likely it isn't the case.

- Maybe something with regional keyboards using different DXCodes

- Maybe just an installation oversight, like esp is off or something.

- Some weird mod conflict, a few people are experiencing this but it doesn't rule any of the above out, the test will help start solving this, thanks!

Sounds good I"ll keep an eye out for it to see.

Initial thoughts are:

- Maybe something with windows admin priv not letting the UI read .txt documents. I have no idea about this stuff but maybe something with the install directory location, I'm in the dark on this knowledge and most likely it isn't the case.

- Maybe something with regional keyboards using different DXCodes

- Maybe just an installation oversight, like esp is off or something.

- Some weird mod conflict, a few people are experiencing this but it doesn't rule any of the above out, the test will help start solving this,

I can tell you that's not the admin privleges.

My Skyrim isn't in my program files directory. Made a new games folder.

C:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim

Thanks Pipdude,

It's here:

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/58728/?

description summarizes it a bit but not the details:

The SKSE plugin injects an additional layer into the HUD and registers a special HUD component internally for this layer. The layer is updated on a per frame-basis and converts the Actor's head position to Screen position and is scaled accordingly by depth (Quest markers follow the same concept). The bars also make a line-of-sight check to ensure you can actually see the Actor to see the healthbar.

--------------------

The SKSE might just be skipping the process of attaching an swf. since the mod doesn't come with an swf, I hope this is the case so the results could be pulled off somehow by the actionscript, but it's the conversion of Head Position > Screen Position that I'm stuck on. For all I know maybe there's a NiOverride command that just does this exact thing, I haven't got into NiOverride much yet, I'll take a look but a lot of it confuses me.

If the segment on quest markers relate I suppose I could look into the SWF files from the Skyrim flash resource pack you posted a while ago to see if the code for placing quest markers on the compass sheds light on it.

----

Basically looking to be able to put graphics, text in locations relative to the body as well as chat.

The mod actually does come with a few swf files.

He says that he "registers a HUD component internally". That sounds like he might be hooking into some internal game engine function designed to track objects and update Flash with their location. (It looks like that is how quest markers work. So, something is set up in there.)

NiOverride doesn't come with a function that converts to x,y location on screen. But, it can get node position/rotation. So, the x,y numbers could be calculated if you have the camera position/rotation and the object position/rotation. The problem with that approach is that it would take some time (for me at least) to figure out the math and set up. And that might only be to find out that it won't run well pulling multiple position/rotation requests every frame through Papyrus. Not a great risk/reward equation.

I think that going the dll route would probably be a roughly equivalent amount of work figuring out. And it doesn't have the risk of not working since there is a working example.

All that said, I'm wondering if there isn't a UI solution that is easier to pull off that isn't much of a step down from the positional approach? What if the two dialogues in a conversation were just on either side of the screen and titled by names?

[Noticed the comment about graphics relative to body parts. Yeah. I can see a lot of potential for something like that. May be worth making an SKSE plugin that is more generically applicable, using the same technique as the health bar mod...]

This is my first post on these forums after lurking and reading for a long time. I just want to say when I found this mod last year I downloaded it without knowing much. I never tried any other sex mod for any game before, and this popped up on Nexus (which brought me here).

It blew me away. I feel like a pathetic fool for saying this, but honestly my wife cut me off two years ago. I'm not judging those who enjoy some of the other mods here - to each his own is my motto, but this mod honestly makes my life a bit brighter. I know, I'm terrible... Hooking up with some of these works of art brings a whole new level of immersion to Skyrim and honestly to gaming. Some of us have a great capability to suspend reality and immerse ourselves in another world in our own minds.

Between this mod and the follower mods I love (bijins are my favorite), I feel almost as if I'm taking advantage not paying you and other mod developers. This is clearly a revolutionary development, perhaps even evolutionary. I plan to donate to you and others in the very near future.

I'm sorry to anyone who found this post kind of pathetic, but it comes from the heart of a lonely middle-aged man who finds enjoyment in this mod. Thank you, CEO, whoever you are. Also please don't overdo work on it - take time for your life you only get one of them.

This is my first post on these forums after lurking and reading for a long time. I just want to say when I found this mod last year I downloaded it without knowing much. I never tried any other sex mod for any game before, and this popped up on Nexus (which brought me here).

It blew me away. I feel like a pathetic fool for saying this, but honestly my wife cut me off two years ago. I'm not judging those who enjoy some of the other mods here - to each his own is my motto, but this mod honestly makes my life a bit brighter. I know, I'm terrible... Hooking up with some of these works of art brings a whole new level of immersion to Skyrim and honestly to gaming. Some of us have a great capability to suspend reality and immerse ourselves in another world in our own minds.

Between this mod and the follower mods I love (bijins are my favorite), I feel almost as if I'm taking advantage not paying you and other mod developers. This is clearly a revolutionary development, perhaps even evolutionary. I plan to donate to you and others in the very near future.

I'm sorry to anyone who found this post kind of pathetic, but it comes from the heart of a lonely middle-aged man who finds enjoyment in this mod. Thank you, CEO, whoever you are. Also please don't overdo work on it - take time for your life you only get one of them.

Coldsun, 

Thank you for this very nice comment.

In my opinion we live in strange times, gender, sex, self-worth, needs, meaning it's very weird and there's no answer to process it rationally or reason to judge yourself in anyway. Perhaps we are in a dark age of sorts or something with our primal essence unable to fully digest the modern world that was shaped for us. Primal needs becoming addressed individually is more of a reality, the future is only going to get stranger most likely in terms of synthetic "human" encounters. Maybe there's a reason for that, I might prefer to achieve everything basic while being allowed to be just me with my interests, no compromise, and no judgement. I can't say for sure though. Despite all this connectivity to each other we claim to have I think "Isolation" is one of the key words of the times.

The male identity is in a strange place, and I believe it might have a hole that's not able to be discussed, pertaining around intrinsic worth, purpose and confidence, it might be easy to fall into a hole where it feels like society wants you to believe you're worthless, very win or lose, with the odds not in favor. Obtain this or that or it feels like things are worse then having no value, like a pestilence on the world. If it's the case at all which it sounds like it might be slightly how you feel: My own worthless thoughts on it is just to ignore it and try to believe  that everyone and everything is naturally exactly equal. If I'm totally off just ignore this. Things are fucked up from all directions in a big way, but you can't let it tell you, who you are. I feel ashamed sometimes for making this and for animating sex, some people would firmly say I should feel that way, but who really knows...

I appreciate the offer for donation but there's no need. A goal of my project is related to my ill feelings towards the modern consumerism trend that just like everything it seems, perhaps all creativity, (at least in the US) has I believe consumed the video game industry (although it did a good job holding out so long). I'm a video game enthusiast and I hope to make a point on the utter shit companies shell out, overpriced, riddled with micro transactions, I hope in time to make a small stand to show a level of quality that a single person can do as a hobby, as my own small message to criticize them. Partially also against hypersexualization saturation, McPorn etc. Male Dominated "intimacy" etc as I think it's ridiculous. Somwhere between art, pornography, and video games that's hopefully tasteful and respectable is my goal with OSex. That said I enjoy this as a hobby and I've learned a lot, things that helped me in my career as well and it has felt meaningful to me. All the great support and enthusiasm for the mod is all I need. Don't worry about me, perhaps lately I work on this more then I should but I believe I'm able to balance things overall, a hobby that at the moment has got me fairly involved. 

Thank you very much for this!

CEO

did you know that the author of floating health bars: http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/users/2950481/?tb=mods&pUp=1

is a member here on LL too? http://www.loverslab.com/user/35804-expired6978/

it may help to ask him some questions rather than stress out trying to understand how he did it - he's also a member of the SKSE team

seems he's been more active on nexus lately than on LL so he may respond quicker over there