OSex+ The Greatest Virtual Sex Ever

Hi, I just d/l the mod, patch and pdfs, can't wait to install, read and try! :heart:

I checked out your blog and I'm fascinated by a couple of the HDT hairstyles- I really would like to get them!

tumblr_o2mhgiybFg1u3yh8bo1_r1_500.gif

(left)

and

tumblr_o2mhgiybFg1u3yh8bo5_1280.gif

(left)

and

tumblr_o2mhgiybFg1u3yh8bo6_1280.gif

(right)

Can you please share the name of the styles and where they came from?

Thanks!

Hi, I just d/l the mod, patch and pdfs, can't wait to install, read and try! :heart:

I checked out your blog and I'm fascinated by a couple of the HDT hairstyles- I really would like to get them!

(left)

and

(left)

and

(right)

Thanks!

Oh! I know the answer to this one, lol.

the short one is

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/65547/?

and the ponytail one is

http://kasprutz.tumblr.com/post/117529762764/skyrim-hdt-pe-sky201-hair-wig

Both have different colors, and both are equipable wig type thingies.

I'm not completely sure about the first one you asked after though...

Amazing work, can't wait to get it running in my game!

I have some issues/questions:

1. I read (sorry can't find it again to cite it but it was either in the 0Sex forum or in the pdf's) that this mod will co-exist with SexLab Framework. However, when I installed it I got overwrite warnings on approximately 6 SexLab-installed files, among which was JsonContainers-dot-something. I told it to go ahead and overwrite, but then when I launched the game I got several warnings from SexLab that I did not have the latest required files blah blah blah. So I uninstalled 0Sex and the patch and ran Skyrim to make sure I no longer got SexLab warnings, then re-installed 0Sex but this time did NOT authorize any overwrites. When I got in-game after this I did not get any warnings and after a few minutes I got the "New MCM Registered" notice for 0Sex. Can you please tell me if I did the right thing? Should I have let some of the files overwrite but not others? This to me is an installation conflict so some guidance would be appreciated.

2. I approached an NPC (Serana) and pressed NumPad 0, which resulted in an embrace as expected, so it is clear that 0Sex is ready to go, except... none of my D-Pad presses resulted in anything at all except the shortcut actions that my D-Pad is mapped to- up to equip bow, down to equip crossbow, etc. So my D-pad presses just cycled though 4 weapons, as I have them set up to do, without having any effect at all on 0Sex- Serana and I just kept embracing as weapons flew on and off my back. I tried the D-pad in combination with NumPad 0 and 1, but still no 0Sex scene changes occurred. So I went into the 0Sex MCM and tried to remap the D-Pad controls to my arrow keys, but the remapping would not "take." 0Sex did not acknowledge my arrow-key presses at all in the remapping section. As a test, I remapped one of them to the B button on my controller, and that one "took," so this confirms that I was doing the remapping attempt correctly, but that 0Sex just won't recognize the arrow keys for these inputs. The bottom line, though, is that I can't use 0Sex at all if I can't advance/trigger/cycle through the scenes because my D-Pad is already mapped to 8 different in-game shortcuts and I am not able to remap 0Sex controls to my keyboard. Does anyone have any recommendations on how to fix this? As info, un-mapping my custom D-Pad shortcuts from game functions is not an option- I simply need to remap the 0Sex functions AWAY from the controller and onto the keyboard arrow keys.

Thanks again for this amazing work- I can't wait to get it going in my game!

1. Lots of mods use Papyrus utility and have it included when published. Included version eventualy becomes outdated so its always best to have separate installation of papyrus utility that is latest one.

0sex can run next to sexlab with no issues but you have to overwrite papyrus utility with most up to date one. Usualy sexlab comes with most up to date papyrus utility so it has priority.

2. Hotkeys should work out of the box. For you they didn't work coz you made conflict by selecting them for equipping weapons. As for fix for remapping that doesnt work that probably wont happen untill 1.8 and MCM for 1.8 is released.

1. Lots of mods use Papyrus utility and have it included when published. Included version eventualy becomes outdated so its always best to have separate installation of papyrus utility that is latest one.

0sex can run next to sexlab with no issues but you have to overwrite papyrus utility with most up to date one. Usualy sexlab comes with most up to date papyrus utility so it has priority.

2. Hotkeys should work out of the box. For you they didn't work coz you made conflict by selecting them for equipping weapons. As for fix for remapping that doesnt work that probably wont happen untill 1.8 and MCM for 1.8 is released.

OK, thanks for the response.

1. I suspected what you posted as response #1 above, which is why when it failed I immediately re-did the installation to allow the Sexlab installed files to prevail. Since I had already solved the problem before posting about it, my only objective in posting it was to help others and hoping the mod author(s) might put a note about it in the installation instructions. As it stands now, it just says that SexLab and 0Sex can coexist but not what to do about file conflicts such as the one I encountered.

2. Since my D-Pad won't work with 0Sex and 0Sex won't allow me to remap those 4 button-presses to my keyboard, do you know of some alternate means of controlling the animations? Or are those of us who use D-Pads for much-needed game shortcuts just out of luck? Also, I'm not sure if you are one of the mod authors or not- are you saying that you know for a fact that version 1.8 will offer users the ability to remap the four D-Pad button-presses to the keyboard, or are you saying you really don't know if that's going to happen or not but that in any case it can't possibly happen until a new version is released?

I know that 1.08 is close, so I don't expect much response for this question. I am running 1.07c, and cannot rebind any keys on the first MCM tab. When I try to change the keybind to Num0 to initiate the script, it changes the binding to Escape and doesn't retain the keybinding, reverting to some default keybinding. The name is also unchangeable, and stays as "ACTION SELECTOR."

I actually completely reinstalled this version of 0SEX and I am still getting this issue. It was working fine about a week ago, and I didn't do anything to my game since then other than install a hair pack. New saves also have this issue.

Hi Vyxenne, thanks for the feedback!

All keys OSex uses are rebindable in the MCM but I am limited by the fact that Skyrim has to use DxScanCode of keys to register for presses, basically every key is given a number which is how it's identified. As I understand it there are certain keyboards in certain global regions that use slightly different Code numbering which I can't do much about. For example occasionally some users can't get the num pad keys to bind, and they have to change the start key, which I believe is a regional thing.

I don't have full knowledge on the limitations of this as clearly a mod was able to identify your Dpad to bind keys to but I'm using the only standard method available for rebinding through MCM and it's a standard procedure that any mod will use if they have rebind options in the MCM so there's not much i can do for this issue, sorry.

You'll have to find other keys that work that you can rebind the DPAD's functionality too.

To confirm you were able to rebind the dpad keys to another key just you weren't able to rebind them to your own Dpad? In this case it means the rebinds are working but your DPAD is returning a DXScanCode that Skyrim can't recognize, if it is a regional keyboard issue it's likely the bindings are elsewhere on the keyboard at the moment on random keys. 

The no rebind option was in regards to 1.08 which was a very recent abbreviated demo and test of some new planned features in which I haven't got around to hooking the rebinding up for so it doesn't relate to the issue you are having. 1.08 is not recommended for actual use yet it's just there for feedback and discussion.

(left)

and

(left)

and

(right)

Thanks!

Oh! I know the answer to this one, lol.

the short one is

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/65547/?

and the ponytail one is

http://kasprutz.tumblr.com/post/117529762764/skyrim-hdt-pe-sky201-hair-wig

Both have different colors, and both are equipable wig type thingies.

I'm not completely sure about the first one you asked after though...

Thank you! I already have the ponytail, so I wasn't asking about that one, but I'll go get the Serana one immediately! I'm not sure I'll use it on Serana, though.... I've given her a makeover and her own, Vampire Princess hairstyle... :heart:

20160311163306_1_zpsm6rh9om3.jpg

Does anybody know what the first style I posted above is, the blonde one?

Hi Vyxenne, thanks for the feedback!

All keys OSex uses are rebindable in the MCM but I am limited by the fact that Skyrim has to use DxScanCode of keys to register for presses, basically every key is given a number which is how it's identified. As I understand it there are certain keyboards in certain global regions that use slightly different Code numbering which I can't do much about. For example occasionally some users can't get the num pad keys to bind, and they have to change the start key, which I believe is a regional thing.

I don't have full knowledge on the limitations of this as clearly a mod was able to identify your Dpad to bind keys to but I'm using the only standard method available for rebinding through MCM and it's a standard procedure that any mod will use if they have rebind options in the MCM so there's not much i can do for this issue, sorry.

You'll have to find other keys that work that you can rebind the DPAD's functionality too.

To confirm you were able to rebind the dpad keys to another key just you weren't able to rebind them to your own Dpad? In this case it means the rebinds are working but your DPAD is returning a DXScanCode that Skyrim can't recognize, if it is a regional keyboard issue it's likely the bindings are elsewhere on the keyboard at the moment on random keys. 

The no rebind option was in regards to 1.08 which was a very recent abbreviated demo and test of some new planned features in which I haven't got around to hooking the rebinding up for so it doesn't relate to the issue you are having. 1.08 is not recommended for actual use yet it's just there for feedback and discussion.

Hey CEO, thanks for the response!

CEO: "clearly a mod was able to identify your Dpad to bind keys to"

Well, yes, but the "mod" I'm using to achieve 8 shortcut keys on my D-Pad is Better Xbox Controller, which consists of nothing more than a Custom Key Map text file that overrides the standard Skyrim controller button assignments. However, it doesn't change any scan codes or anything like that. The problem is that all 4 directions of my D-Pad are weapon-equip hotkeys and therefore can't be used by 0Sex. There are at least 5 more mods "out there" that do the same, or similar, changes because Skyrim's implementation of D-Pad support is so terrible. That, in a nutshell, is what is wrong with restricting 0Sex functions to a D-Pad without any alternate means of controlling the animations, such as the arrow keys on the keyboard, or even the 2, 4, 6 and 8 keys on the NumPad since those keys are marked with down, left, right and up arrows anyway.

CEO: "To confirm you were able to rebind the dpad keys to another key just you weren't able to rebind them to your own Dpad?"

No, this is exactly backwards. I AM able to remap the 0Sex D-pad presses to other buttons on my controller, but since there are no unused buttons on my controller, this does me no good. I was NOT able to bind those 4 functions to ANY key on the keyboard. What is needed is the ability to map the 4 0Sex "D-Pad" presses (up, down, left and right) to the keyboard because the D-Pad is not usable for these 0Sex functions. An even better plan might be to provide alternate means of controlling the animations (such as the two examples I gave above) included in the mod.

Sadly, without some means of controlling the animations with my keyboard, I can't use 0Sex. This makes me a very sad panda.

post-378788-0-57948900-1458541013_thumb.png

Again, amazing work, thank you.  :heart:  I'm looking forward to some way being found to control the animations using the keyboard.

Thank you but there's nothing stopping you from using OSex. 360 controller does use DXScan codes, in the text document you will see things like this for example: "Down 0xd0". 0xd0 is hex for 208 which is the DPad down which is what my Dpad down is binded to by default. Whatever your reason that the keyboard is not responding is outside of what I can control and I believe is a user issue.

it has 2 alternate controlling methods that are fully rebindable through the MCM which I think is enough, there's nothing else I can do, and within reason I don't want to supply multi levels of more backup keys all across the keyboard that are always live and running IF checks, for the case someone is unable to setup their keyboard and also unable to rebind keys. If you try an MCM from another mod and see if you can rebind DPAD into that it will confirm if OSex has some kind of typo in the MCM or if it's something with the keyboard itself. The entire process is 2 SKSE functions I don't really have a say in it, it is what it is.

3 possibilities:

1. My MCM has a typo in it

2. 360 rebind has remapped those keys elsewhere to allow for controller support making them no longer respond as intended on the keyboard.

Up 0xc8 0xff 0x0001 0 0 0 0x10
Down 0xd0 0xff 0x0002 0 0 0 0x10
Left 0xcb 0xff 0x0004 0 0 0 0x10
Right 0xcd 0xff 0x0008 0 0 0 0x10

you'll see flags set in that txt 0,0,0, I'm not entirely sure but I believe that is blocking them out from being rebinded:
the notes state:
// 4th: Gamepad button ID that will proc this event.
// 5th: If set to 1, this event can be remapped to a keyboard key
// 6th: If set to 1, this event can be remapped to a mouse button
// 7th: If set to 1, this event can be remapped to a gamepad button

3. Regional keyboard with strange DxCodes

<snip>

it has 2 alternate controlling methods that are fully rebindable through the MCM which I think is enough, there's nothing else I can do, and within reason I don't want to supply multi levels of more backup keys all across the keyboard that are always live and running IF checks, for the case someone is unable to setup their keyboard and also unable to rebind keys. If you try an MCM from another mod and see if you can rebind DPAD into that it will confirm if OSex has some kind of typo in the MCM or if it's something with the keyboard itself. The entire process is 2 SKSE functions I don't really have a say in it, it is what it is.

<snip>

you'll see flags set in that txt 0,0,0, I'm not entirely sure but I believe that is blocking them out from being rebinded:

the notes state:
// 4th: Gamepad button ID that will proc this event.
// 5th: If set to 1, this event can be remapped to a keyboard key
// 6th: If set to 1, this event can be remapped to a mouse button
// 7th: If set to 1, this event can be remapped to a gamepad button

3. Regional keyboard with strange DxCodes

2 alternate methods of control, specifically alternate keyboard methods of controlling/advancing the animations that the documentation says must be controlled via the D-Pad? OMG this would solve everything! Where can I find information on this? I have read both of the docs cover to cover but of course, only once, and I could easily have missed this. I just scanned back through both of them and still do not find any plan for advancing/branching animations other than the D-Pad alone and the D-Pad in combo with Numpad 0 and 1.

I will immediately check the 5th-column flag in my custom key map file for the 4 D-Pad directions and set it to 1 if it isn't already. Thanks for reminding me of that! :heart:

I have a Logitech G110 U.S. keyboard which uses all U. S. standard scan codes. "Strange scan codes" is not the issue.

Thanks again for your help.

Hi guys, question regarding the priority for this mod on Mod Organizer. There are some files that show there is a conflict, which if I am not mistaken are some resources that both 0SEX and Sexlab use.

Initially I have Sexlab before OSEX and it seems that it ran normally in game, although I have not extensively tested it out with that set up. I basically created a new game, spawned on the dark brotherhood using Live Another Life and just tested it once on Astrid to see if the animations would work, which it did and I then closed the game.

After I relaunched the game, it shows a message that there is a missing or outdated SKSE plugin for SexLab, StorageUtil.dll. The notification says that there should be no other mod that may be overwriting this such as SOS. I tried to take a screenshot but I think the print screen button is disabled as long as there is a message box open.

I closed it then changed the position in the left pane of MO and put SexLab after 0Sex, ran the game then tried it start the animation for 0Sex on the nearest NPC. The NPC stopped what it was doing but then it teleported inside my char.

Since I am running the game on a mid tier system, it sometimes load animations slowly and there might be about 4-7 seconds delay before the animations for the initial position start so I just thought I would wait. But after waiting for a while, about a minute or two, it seemed that the animations are not playing and the npc is just stuck inside my char and I cant move or load a save.

I understand that when you press the NP0 key, it basically locks the char and the npc to do the animations and you can end it with the NPDEL key but that does not work and I had to close the game. I could still quit to the main menu but I just closed the game to check the mod order.

MO shows that there is a notification and it says that there is a potential mod conflict between 0Sex and Sexlab and it wants me to put 0SEX after Sexlab, which means that I would then get the message again in game about the missing StorageUtil.dll plugin for SKSE.

I had them both working at the same time when I was using NMM. There, I had 0SEX installed first and had it working for a while before I decided to install SexLab for Amorous Adventures. When I installed SL and it showed there are files that were already inplace, I did not allow it to overwrite the ones that were added by 0SEX and worked out fine. Animations from SL played when Amorous Adventures called it and animations from 0SEX run when I initiate it.

Any insight would be much appreciated. Also sorry for the long post. While I am pretty new to modding, I understand that I would need to be detailed as much as possible to troubleshoot things. As for the mod version of 0SEX, I am using the latest one from Nexus. SL and AA among others, should be the latest ones as well.

Thanks for anyone that may help and thank you CEO for an awesome mod.

:cool:

post-1094942-0-18676700-1458642446_thumb.png

post-1094942-0-83725600-1458644531_thumb.png

:cool:

Hi Man,

Kinky is right on with the information.

To explain: OSex uses  PapyrusUtil which StorageUtil.dll is a part of.

Very recently there's been upgrades to PapyrusUtil. In certain recent versions of PapyrusUtil problems of long delay occur on OSex's pre scene processing but the most recent version of PapyrusUtil should be working smoothly. 

The process of triggering an animation should be instant regardless of the strength of your computer. There is some initial loading stuff that takes place before the scene which will make a slight delay and this is getting exaggerated in your case by some conflicts that are occurring in how things are process. If the scene isn't pretty much instantly starting (regardless of of your cpu) there's some kind of problem and having the latest Papyrus Util will fix it.

It should have an instant start almost and until then it means something is up with the versions of PapyrusUtil. There's not really a middle ground of delay that can occur, unless a major problem is happening which is the case here. 

OSex's StorageUtil.dll is outdated but also some of the versions of PapyrusUtil since then have also had conflicts, so making sure you are on the latest Papyrus Util seems to produce fast and stable results. It's been a turbulent time in terms of OSex's usage of the .dll in the last few months because of the changes so hopefully this will sort out the problem for you.

------------------

For anyone reading in the future this only relates to pre 1.08 OSex as I'm no longer using StorageUtil since the switch to XML.

@ceo,

Hey ceo not to be a nag i know you are working hard but is there any update on 1.08?

It's close, all scenes are in. Side menu is in with some of the most needed stuff put in first. (QuickStrip, Lights)  All scenes are back in.  SexDentity expressions, sounds, A.I. navigation and the esg redressing scene are not complete yet. I will Demo before that point though, I'm cleaning up some loose ends and will make a demo most likely by Thursday. Then I'll take on the last parts to bring the new 1.08 back to the point 1.07 was on the new engine.

----------------------------

I changed the art direction slightly of the UI. I wanted button movement to have more of a "visual" click and be more satisfying so I added some animated visuals to the buttons, calling them halos, they rotate and look sexy I think. The buttons no longer "Light Up" on hover but your current selection gets a halo to signify what you are selecting. The border type of the halo in OSex will communicate the feel of the movement you are doing, for example if Actor 1 is taking Actor 2 and actually putting them on their own in a new position it will have one kind of halo (MAJ) if the motion is more of suggestion guided type motion (slight nudges but both actors are working together.) it will light up another way etc. Other things will be signified like actions (spanks), the use of magic, tender motions etc.

While the new UI is 8 billion times easier to use then previous versions; I'm seeing that on some of the more filled out scenes it's already getting complex with a lot of choices, this will only be enhanced in the future, so I think the options can still be overwhelming/confusing. I'm trying to make some reliable ques for information using simple symbols and colors to represent specific actors and motions to sort the information better and give people a better idea what each button does.

In some case I've used bigger buttons for some emphasis on more significant things, like entering into Tender positions (Embraces) or starting sex since those are generally the only button on the page when you view it and they are more significant then regular motions I gave them a slightly bigger button (Think of them like doorways into a specific act the scene can play.)

I decided against making the buttons gender neutral as I wanted them to be more descriptive then stick figures however the UI does have the potential to swap buttons based on gender. In time I'll switch them out to display specific images if the target is a male or female. This will in a lot of cases serve as another tier of information for figuring out what actor is effected by the motions. For now I'm just trying to finish the basics for OSex in it's intended male and female use but will expand this out so the buttons display is accurate for gender.

Lastly for prospective OSA developers that don't like my artwork: I will take Boo's suggestion and make a pure text based menu that uses no images, I will also provide in time simpler buttons as options.

IF YOU CAN DRAW OR DESCRIBE

I NEED HELP WITH SOMETHING:

Some people have posted some nice drawings in here a long the way so I know some can draw. I'm stumped on 2 buttons that are important and used frequently and I have no idea what to do. The buttons are for "Letting Go" and the reverse of that not quite embracing but putting their hands on each other, for example going from standing adore > standing apart > back to standing adore.  I'd like it to be vague in the orientation of the actors, in how they are letting go of each other  or gripping, so I don't have to do 20 different drawings and can use them in a lot of places to make their functionality clear. Anyone have any good ideas for the "Let Go" and "Unlet go" buttons they can draw up or describe? In some cases where I can't fit all the information in I resort to symbolism or a cubist approach so that's all fine in the concept. The button this is targeted for is a circle composition.

Here's my sprite map so far if anyone wants to check it out, it's been a lot of work but almost there! This one is my fave so I'm showing it bigger:

tumblr_o4grer3R0j1ubnr1mo4_r1_400.png

tumblr_o4grer3R0j1ubnr1mo3_r1_1280.png

tumblr_o4grer3R0j1ubnr1mo1_r1_1280.png