OSex+ The Greatest Virtual Sex Ever

The one from nexus and alpha are two different mods, you can only run one at a time. I did this same thing lol, just pick one or the other, or like I did make two different MO profiles for each of them and a new one for the newest edition coming out soon

If I install just the Alpha from here gives me missing animations on FNIS...???

This is my message FNIS screen just with the Alpha installed

FNIS Behavior V6.2   3/8/2016 6:52:07 PM
Skyrim: 1.9.32.0 - C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim\ (Steam)

Skeleton(hkx) female: XPMS2HDT (115 bones)   male: XPMS2HDT (115 bones)
Patch: "SKELETON Arm Fix" 

Installing FNIS PCEA2
Reading 0SA_0SexMF_Low V?.? ...
Reading 0SA_0SexMF_Mid V?.? ...
Reading 0SA_0SexMF_Stand V?.? ...
Reading 0SA_ESG V?.? ...
Reading FNISBase V6.2 ...
Reading FNISCreatureVersion V6.1 ...
Reading FNIS_PCEA2 V1.3  ( 0 furniture, 0 offset, 0 paired, 0 kill, 0 chair, 557 alternate animations) ...
Reading Necro V1.6 ...
Reading SexLab V1.61 ...
Reading SexLabAroused V?.? ...
Reading SexLabCreature V1.61 ...
Reading SexLabTDFAggressiveProstitution V?.? ...
Reading XPMSE V6.1  ( 0 furniture, 0 offset, 0 paired, 0 kill, 0 chair, 164 alternate animations) ...

All Anim Lists scanned. Generating Behavior Files ...
mt_behavior usage: 4.3 %   ( 0 furniture, 0 offset, 0 chair, 81 alternate animations)
0_master usage: 8.9 %   ( 0 paired, 0 kill, 156 alternate animations)
Alternate Animation mods: 2 sets: 45 total groups: 89 added file slots: 1144 alternate files: 721

Create Creature Behaviors ...
Reading SexLabCreature V1.60 ...
Reading Necro V?.? ...

3515 animations for 13 mods successfully included (character)
 352 animations for 2 mods and 18 creatures successfully included.

Missing AnimFile ..\..\..\..\0SA\0Sex\MF\02P\DO6\LISaddle5HT\pDO6LISaddle5HT00__S5S.hkx for character, mod 0SA_0SexMF_Mid
Missing AnimFile ..\..\..\..\0SA\0Sex\MF\02P\DO6\LISaddle5HT\pDO6LISaddle5HT00__S5D.hkx for character, mod 0SA_0SexMF_Mid
Missing AnimFile ..\..\..\..\0SA\0Sex\MF\02P\DO6\LISaddleVice5HT\pDO6LISaddleVice5HT00__S5S.hkx for character, mod 0SA_0SexMF_Mid
Missing AnimFile ..\..\..\..\0SA\0Sex\MF\02P\DO6\LISaddleVice5HT\pDO6LISaddleVice5HT00__S5D.hkx for character, mod 0SA_0SexMF_Mid
 4 possible consistence issues

The one from nexus and alpha are two different mods, you can only run one at a time. I did this same thing lol, just pick one or the other, or like I did make two different MO profiles for each of them and a new one for the newest edition coming out soon

That's normal coz 1.07c is still in testing stage but can be played. You can ignore that warnings.

But you should be warned that alpha versions here are not complete and are not bug free so using nexus version might be best choice for you untill full version of 1.8 is released.

That's normal coz 1.07c is still in testing stage but can be played. You can ignore that warnings.

But you should be warned that alpha versions here are not complete and are not bug free so using nexus version might be best choice for you untill full version of 1.8 is released.

TY...TY

Funny thing is i did start with ST3 first time and it worked but i couldnt set it up to work with MO coz it was x64 and MO didnt like that. So after losing whole day trying to make it work and failed i quit on idea of coding. :P My 2nd attempt was few days ago with Notepad++ and i managed to do whole setup properly. Then i was experimenting with enb and reshade, messed up things in skyrim directory (turned out my pc doesnt like wrapper version of ENB) and reinstalled the game and all my settings for compiling went puff! :D

So 3rd time might be lucky one.

IF ST3 and MO didnt annoy me so much i would at least have "hello world" mod by now. :D

Run ST3 outside of MO. I don't see any reason to run it through MO really.

For keys: I'm thinking there's no way to get the keys on the left side and although it would be nice it's not possible without extensive rebinding of a lot of Skyrim default keys or using a not plus shape directional pad which would suck. I think I should just commit to the right side and take over the num pad although not ideal I think it's the only way to lay it out.

Seems like there should be a way to set it up where keys aren't needed at all for gamepad users. Sticks for controlling view. Dpad for menu nav. A, X and T buttons are available. Plus, the trigger and bumper buttons give good switching control.

Pip dude if you see this I made some adjustments to the Actra spell. Instead of using role number and original number for actors their password is now just their FormID. I figured since the flash UI's memory can't persist through closing the game there's no way that their ID can be altered within a play session so it's much simpler and faster to just use FormID so no coordinating is needed to tell the Actra instances what role the actor they are on is. I might be able to get rid of the faction that tracks their role too since the UI can track it all. Any data that needs to be saved in documents will still be under the hex+id since it would have to survive multiple sessions but it should be fine for the script.

It has a benefit to that all actra needs to be is a spell that makes the actor register for animation / mfg / netimmerse events modevents passworded with their form ID and the UI can manage them so if new actors needed to be introduced to turn a 2 way into a 3 way for example, an actor in the scene could cast an aoe (short term) actra and all actors in range could be manipulated by the UI.

I like it. I'm testing these things in parallel and thats the way I set it up. I'm probably missing something. But, I don't understand all the work to preserve the hex form of a number? The non-hex form should be just as unique as the hex version.

Right now. I'm stuck trying to figure out to cast the spell from the object. I'm running all of the set-up in terms of setting a vehicle, creating a scene object, positioning, etc. And then running the cast commands. But, something seems to stop the commands from executing. My files are set up a little different than yours. So, it's difficult to tell what the culprit is... Any ideas?

Sublime 3 love it too. I've been working in Flash in CS5.5 which looks terrible and hard to read the code. I suppose I could put it in sublime, I do everything in that now but flash seems to have some advantages in being able to preview the UI instantly after compiling. Maybe I could at least find a way to turn cs5.5 darker toned or cut and paste every compile.

On the controller I think that's an awesome idea. I like key board not requiring a modifier but on controller I think it would be cool if the menu's popped up when holding down R1 R2 L1 L2 maybe an option to alternate between hold down modifiers to show or modifier to hide.

----------------------------------------------------------

The hex is because unique sexdentity made per actor has to be in external documents so I need an exact identifier for a specific NPC. Name could work but duplicates or strange characters in names might cause problems. Basically a number I can make a folder directory from that holds unique NPC data that the script can find. Bethesda did a bandaid in the same way. When you export NPC's from the creation kit face gen data is stored by formID suffix + mod name folder structure, which is what SexDentity does too.

The form ID changes when when new mods are installed. It's weird because the form ID is based on the hex (ex) 08 060CC the 08 is the current load order of the mod the form is from. It would change whenever a new mod is installed and load order is shifted around making it not a static number that sexdentity could search for. FormID takes that hex and turns it into Decimal so I can no longer see the load order and also don't know what part of the Form ID's digits are related to the prefix (Mod Name) or the suffix (True form ID) so i have to turn it to hex to get those parts then turn the mod name segment back into decimal then getModName() on that. (Plus an extra function since the calculations abbreviates 0s down). Stick the left over hex on the mod name and that's the ID.

C++ can dominate that in two line instead of 6 seperate functions and 100 if checks so I'm going to make a util DLL for getting that number easily. As far as I know it's the only 100% accurate serial number to reference an actor by that is always unique.. (Except the player who is always 0000007 which is a problem for Sexdentity, it can't differentiate between different characters the player is currently on.)

The form UI problem is making one wall for the mod and that's loading in the sound maps for custom voices. With the UI unable to send forms the actors script will most likely have to load json to access their sound forms. Papyrus is doing almost nothing at the moment so it would most likely be fine. Maybe a form list would actually work better since the sound files require an ESP anyways.

----------------------------------------------------

Post the esp and the script I'll take a look if you want, thinking of what it could be if the layout is similar in the meantime. It's the alignment portion that doesn't really seem to be rooting the characters in place?... The cast should be reliable so most likely if the spell isn't happening there's some minor form detail in the CK not hooked up right, maybe the wrong type of targeting etc.

Initial thoughts during a smoke is that maybe you don't have a nif for the static (object reference)? I seem to remember that if it's a pretend object that was made in papyrus it won't work there has to be an actual nif that's pulled and placed for the coordinates to be returned. I use a static form pointed to a nif that exists but has no model data in it, that's casted as an object reference in papyrus. I think it also needs that for the vehicle to work. Actor's wont work either for some reason as the root point, it's a strange synergy of stuff and timing that somehow works but it took me a lot of tests to narrow down those steps, a lot of alternates seem like they would be fine in theory but don't play out. It's some strange way the player is handled as opposed to NPCs the player has slightly different interactivity with havok and disable functions.

It would be a lot easier to set it up if it was always a 2 NPC scene in terms of the initial lock down. I saw one post when i was figuring out the locking system where someone recommended making a copy of the player character, redressing it in the player's current equipment hiding the player and revealing the npc copy at the same time, and using that for paired animations (to avoid the weird player handling with the papyrus functions), seemed too complicated and not tidy but I suppose it could work too.

Sublime 3 love it too. I've been working in Flash in CS5.5 which looks terrible and hard to read the code. I suppose I could put it in sublime, I do everything in that now but flash seems to have some advantages in being able to preview the UI instantly after compiling. Maybe I could at least find a way to turn cs5.5 darker toned or cut and paste every compile.

The built in Flash editor has a nostalgia factor for me. Plus, I like using the autoformat feature. You can change the colors. Check out preferences.

The pro way though with Flash is to use www.flashdevelop.org . Free. It compiles right out of the editor, etc. Probably not noticeable on these Skyrim mods. But, on large Flash projects, it's amazing how much faster it compiles out of flashdevelop compared to CS.

The hex is because unique sexdentity made per actor has to be in external documents so I need an exact identifier for a specific NPC. Name could work but duplicates or strange characters in names might cause problems. Basically a number I can make a folder directory from that holds unique NPC data that the script can find. Bethesda did a bandaid in the same way. When you export NPC's from the creation kit face gen data is stored by formID suffix + mod name folder structure, which is what SexDentity does too.

The form ID changes when when new mods are installed. It's weird because the form ID is based on the hex (ex) 08 060CC the 08 is the current load order of the mod the form is from. It would change whenever a new mod is installed and load order is shifted around making it not a static number that sexdentity could search for. FormID takes that hex and turns it into Decimal so I can no longer see the load order and also don't know what part of the Form ID's digits are related to the prefix (Mod Name) or the suffix (True form ID) so i have to turn it to hex to get those parts then turn the mod name segment back into decimal then getModName() on that. (Plus an extra function since the calculations abbreviates 0s down). Stick the left over hex on the mod name and that's the ID.

C++ can dominate that in two line instead of 6 seperate functions and 100 if checks so I'm going to make a util DLL for getting that number easily. As far as I know it's the only 100% accurate serial number to reference an actor by that is always unique.. (Except the player who is always 0000007 which is a problem for Sexdentity, it can't differentiate between different characters the player is currently on.)

The form UI problem is making one wall for the mod and that's loading in the sound maps for custom voices. With the UI unable to send forms the actors script will most likely have to load json to access their sound forms. Papyrus is doing almost nothing at the moment so it would most likely be fine. Maybe a form list would actually work better since the sound files require an ESP anyways.

So, the hex value is not the same thing as the formID? I thought they were the same thing. Just in different numeric forms.

For sound, that's one area I haven't worked with at all. If I'm understanding the options right, I think I would definitely make a long sound formlist built into esp before I would travel down the JSON loading forms path again.

Post the esp and the script I'll take a look if you want, thinking of what it could be if the layout is similar in the meantime. It's the alignment portion that doesn't really seem to be rooting the characters in place?...

Initial thoughts during a smoke is that maybe you don't have a nif for the static (object reference)? I seem to remember that if it's a pretend object that was made in papyrus it won't work there has to be an actual nif that's pulled and placed for the coordinates to be returned. I use a static form pointed to a nif that exists but has no model data in it, that's casted as an object reference in papyrus. I think it also needs that for the vehicle to work. Actor's wont work either for some reason as the root point, it's a strange synergy of stuff and timing that somehow works but it took me a lot of tests to narrow down those steps, a lot of alternates seem like they would be fine in theory but don't play out. It's some strange way the player is handled as opposed to NPCs the player has slightly different interactivity with havok and disable functions.

It would be a lot easier to set it up if it was always a 2 NPC scene in terms of the initial lock down. I saw one post when i was figuring out the locking system where someone recommended making a copy of the player character, redressing it in the player's current equipment hiding the player and revealing the npc copy at the same time, and using that for paired animations (to avoid the weird player handling with the papyrus functions), seemed too complicated and not tidy but I suppose it could work too.

Thank you. I'm using the blank nif. All of the positioning things work.

I still don't have a solution. But, I was able to narrow it down a lot. It's ActorUtil.AddPackageOverride. When I run that to block out AI interference it somehow prevents the magiceffect from starting up on those actors. If I comment out that one package override line, the magiceffect works as expected.

I looked at the squelch package you are using to compare it to the one I believe I based off from Sexlab. There was one difference. In yours, the condition says function info "INVALID". In mine, function info lists out the corresponding squelch faction. Ring any bells?

[A cure-all I've found for things like this is to just separate sections of code with Utility.Wait. Fixes a lot of these types of conflicts. But, feels so hacky. This one is confounding because I can see that you're running packageoveride in same order also... Do I have an old version of ActorUtil...]

Cool I'll check that out sounds good. I live in adobe suite basically but don't ever take the time to make it not blinding I need to get around to that too.

They hex is the same as the id just converted. The issue is both change when the player installs different mods. I need the mod name and the form ID extracted from the number  and separated so I can find out the mod the form is from, then attach the actual mod name to the left over digits. I don't think you can get that from the decimal since I can't tell where the segment relating to the lord order starts and the segment relating to the form ID ends, in order to separate them and getModName().

---------------

Strange that it's causing the problem . Regardless of AI package they should still receive the effect I imagine it's odd i don't really see the connection between the two. It's possible that it's just a package problem unrelated to the script and it's making papyrus just lock up and not pay attention to the script anymore. Could try moving the package up a bit with a combination of get package afterwards to see if anything fishy happens. 

The AI side of packages I"m not to knowledgable on maybe there's some kind of flag that makes them no longer apply that is set somewhere hard to find in the package. I think the invalid on mine just means I'm not checking for any conditions, (I'm not sure I use a faction with the package, but it might be tied in with one of the factions I use for data. You might have referenced your copies from somewhere where they are intended to serve as a shield and a squelch at the same time, blocking other attempts at the effect from happening and maybe the shield is going up at the wrong time.

Those seem like the most likely cause: papyrus shut down from something off in the properties for ActorUtil, which you can check by shifting things around and seeing what happens or the faction + package combo is referenced from some case where it's meant to also prevent multiple instances of. 

Try maybe setting a normal package with the normal papyrus method in it's place and if it works as intended after that try setting the actorutil with a different package also to narrow it down between those three things.

--

One last thing I'm not sure the order of things that are happening but package will stop actors from carrying out some papyrus stuff, as an example I find pathto no longer works once the AI is squelched, could be something like that.

------------

Yea it might be and old actorutil or something going wrong in it. If the above doesn't work and a new actor util doesn't change anything, also try copying my function and using that to confirm that nothing is up with a detail of your version. If we can confirm  it's not just the package you are using that's having problems an that all the details are right, the only thing left is the faction itself and spell conditions.

I'll try somethings to see if I can recreate the effect. To confirm the only thing noticable from the issue is that no magic effect is being applied at all. Everything else is going fine but the cast doesn't land and trigger? (It could also be your casting targeting style if you're using certain kinds it can miss / be blocked etc.) Lastly a debug.messagebox(ThePackage as string) right before you apply it would confirm that's it exists and rule that out too.

Cool I'll check that out sounds good. I live in adobe suite basically but don't ever take the time to make it not blinding I need to get around to that too.

On a similar note, what do you use as a workflow for testing in Skyrim? I once saw a mod somewhere that looked like it streamlined jumping directly into the game with various options for startup. Looked ideal for debugging. But, I didn't note down where it was and haven't been able to find it since. Do you use anything like that?

They hex is the same as the id just converted. The issue is both change when the player installs different mods. I need the mod name and the form ID extracted from the number  and separated so I can find out the mod the form is from, then attach the actual mod name to the left over digits. I don't think you can get that from the decimal since I can't tell where the segment relating to the lord order starts and the segment relating to the form ID ends, in order to separate them and getModName().

But if installing another mod changes the formID, wouldn't that still prevent you from finding the correct number, even if you picked up the mod name from before?

I'm sure that I'm missing something. Just curious to understand.

Strange that it's causing the problem . Regardless of AI package they should still receive the effect I imagine it's odd i don't really see the connection between the two. It's possible that it's just a package problem unrelated to the script and it's making papyrus just lock up and not pay attention to the script anymore. Could try moving the package up a bit with a combination of get package afterwards to see if anything fishy happens. 

The AI side of packages I"m not to knowledgable on maybe there's some kind of flag that makes them no longer apply that is set somewhere hard to find in the package. I think the invalid on mine just means I'm not checking for any conditions, (I'm not sure I use a faction with the package, but it might be tied in with one of the factions I use for data. You might have referenced your copies from somewhere where they are intended to serve as a shield and a squelch at the same time, blocking other attempts at the effect from happening and maybe the shield is going up at the wrong time.

Those seem like the most likely cause: papyrus shut down from something off in the properties for ActorUtil, which you can check by shifting things around and seeing what happens or the faction + package combo is referenced from some case where it's meant to also prevent multiple instances of. 

Try maybe setting a normal package with the normal papyrus method in it's place and if it works as intended after that try setting the actorutil with a different package also to narrow it down between those three things.

--

One last thing I'm not sure the order of things that are happening but package will stop actors from carrying out some papyrus stuff, as an example I find pathto no longer works once the AI is squelched, could be something like that.

Well. It at least appears to be fixed now. I moved the faction/package squelch command to the end of the process. Now the magiceffect starts and I double-checked that the override is there.

This is the kind of arbitrary madness that drives me crazy working with Papyrus. To be fair, it was never meant to be a full on developer language. This is the nature of working within a one-off environment. It's just tough to shift gears from regular dev environments to something so full of random quirks. When you don't have a dev team to run the quirks by like Bethesda staff does it's pretty much just being stuck in a stormy sea in a rowboat.

I've got a good animating process down, I can go from 2016 max to looking at it in Skyrim in 20 seconds (ish) but for Papyrus nothing pretty sloppy over all. I have a pre Osex save that I always use, load it up type player.placeatme 080620cc cast the spell on Fione and test. Extensive reloading and debug.messageboxes to test stuff.

--------------------------------

I'll show the steps, it's a weird process involving a lot of small steps.

tumblr_o3ccl1FU8x1ubnr1mo2_r2_1280.png

just to clear up a few confusing things I'm calling it an OSID and Fione is also in OS.esm so some things might seem conflicting. If Fione was in BabeLegion.esp her OSID would be BabeLegion0620cc instead of OS20620CC. 

It's the only way I could get the game to auto recognize the locations of document files that hold extra data for actors. Also it's a way for external developers to access those files and take part in using sexdentity or any identity data if they want to. 

SInce I abbreviate the .esm .esp off (It could be on if it was really needed) it's kind of a one way street since you can't really turn it back into a form but I haven't found any reason to have to take it and find the actor from it since it's just meant for extra data storage and records. There's no occasion I can see where you wind up with the data but don't already have the form ID for the actor.

------------------------

I think if/when i succeed in making the DLL it will speed this process up greatly.  Something like:

Actor Function OSID(Actor)

OSID cr.UNK38 to uINT38471 (magic C++ stuff that I don't understand:)

Return OSID

So you'd just stick the actor form in (Fione) and output would always be OS0620CC.

That's one of my 2 DLL projects. Function OSID() and the one that might solve the problems we're hitting in some ways FormToString() FormFromString(). Both seem relatively easy and short projects if I can get a little more understanding of C++ and making it connect to Skyrim. If I do manage it I'll maybe try to make a Function Hex() to for interacting in rare cases with GetFormFromFile()

-----------------------------------------

Agree on that with Papyrus and pretty much anything related to papyrus or Creation Kit. "Want to do something really simple? Think again!" Everything requires complicated work arounds to pull off a simple thing. Any path I try to take in making stuff for Skyrim I hit wall after wall that makes me have to jump through 10 extra hoops and sometimes hit the impossible wall too. It really is a frustrating mess. I think that's my motivation with OSA to make a tool outside of the CK and Papyrus that can make meaningful content on the Skyrim engine without having to go through all of the traps Papyrus and the CK hold. So people can rapidly create stuff that can go right into game  just with documents, without having to get dicked around for months by the two beth systems. There's enough tools to get good environments, characters, equipment, but the visual story telling through animation control is way to weak to do really cool things with without something like this, Story telling through dialogue also I'm not happy with, it's much stronger then animation but it's such a commitment of time to pull off relatively simple conversations, I'd like to pick up the pace some.

No Idea on why that fix worked it most likely is in the CK forms themselves a flag or condition, maybe if you really want to get to the bottom of it try making them from scratching or copying the one's from my esp, it might be a CK detail that's really hard to find.

I don't know very much about the workings of all these things, what's the reason they make a scripting language on top of a programming language in this case. Is there performance reasons? Different teams and the story team not qualified to do programming but can papyrus? Make it easier from a modding sense or some kind of restrictions (legal) on releasing the source files. I guess I just mean why make the middle step at all and not just take papyrus out of the equation. I suppose a scripting language should be more straightforward but I find it just as hard and much more niche with less real world application but definitely I don't find it an easier experience. The only ease I see is you can be more relaxed with case and brackets but that comes with the mountain of problems. I don't really use it this way but I guess it's intended to be a half way between scripting and the CK with the properties being plugged in, I don't find much application for that though in the document system at least.

It's been very nice to use actionscript so much better, I hope to get my C++ up a little too so I can take advantage of whatever is available on that side as well. There's been a lot of doors opening I didn't really even think could be possible for Skyrim until I started working in the actionscript.  I'm hoping the two combined can make up for each other's limitations especially if the DLL and the UI can talk.

Whats now left on to do list before releasing 1.07d?

Papyrus side is done. UI is done (graphics for the UI can endlessly expand but I have enough now to cover most of the mod and a ? mark one for stuff I haven't made graphics for yet). The navigation panel is done but the menu side panel is half done as it has new planned stuff that wasn't on the old num keys. Menus that were on the old num keys should work. I need to finish a working draft of the flash that can play the scenes. It's close.

I'm not exactly sure how long it will take I feel like it's almost ready to do scenes in the next day or two  (I underestimate the small points that need to get hooked up sometimes that wind up taking a while) Sexdentity and AINav will take a little longer to hook up I'm just focusing on the scenes that can be navigated using the UI now. I'll most likely do data entry for a range around the start point of the mod and release an alpha that's the new system + ui + most of the standing scenes.

After that if it's good I'll finish the data entry for all the scenes into xml do another alpha so people have all scenes on the new system, and while that's being tested hook back up sexdentity and AI.

I'm just going to go to 1.08 and bury 1.07 since this is an entirely new mod now. I'm confident it will be much more stable.

No please don't !!!

Hi Ceo, like said a thousand times here your work is absolutely fantastic. But except if i'm mistaken you did not release any stable version for 6 months.

For people like me that are eagerly waiting new animations for months this is quite long !

Could you at least make a small stable release of new animations you have developed over these 6 months ? Then take your (precious) time to make a good mod overhaul.

In IT world, this is called the "never finished, never released" syndrom !

Aldo

Whereas I believe good things come to those who wait  ;)  I don't believe it's going to suffer from "never finished, never released" syndrome.  This is truly a work of art, the amount of effort and attention gone into this mod is amazing, I check back everyday to see it's progress.

Can we at least get a link to the latest release on the main page. Am using 1.63 but have found that the papyrustuility that comes bundled with that version is outdated and is causing havok with my game? I believe there is 1.7 and 1.8 versions but trawling through 93 pages of posts is feckin tedious!

Edit:

I have updated the papyrusutility in that version to latest release and it now is playing ball again with Frostfall! At least it's behaving correctly and showing it's proper active effects when it needs to. With the conflict that was going on I noticing some strange behaviour with the papyrus engine! More so than normal LOL, for example that Imperial random encounter couple you always meet on the road a million miles away from Solitude looking for Solitude to attend a wedding? Well they'd just fall from the sky either in front or behind you, like they were jumping down a cliff face? I would rubber band everywhere when sitting on a horse, Frostfall wouldn't show it's correct warmth values for clothing, key presses for hiding the hud wouldn't work with iHud or the papyrus engine itself would take ages to do anything like process a carcess in hunterborn and other oddities like this. 

No please don't !!!

Hi Ceo, like said a thousand times here your work is absolutely fantastic. But except if i'm mistaken you did not release any stable version for 6 months.

For people like me that are eagerly waiting new animations for months this is quite long !

Could you at least make a small stable release of new animations you have developed over these 6 months ? Then take your (precious) time to make a good mod overhaul.

Aldo

Relax, its not like CEO will dump 1.07 completely and start over from scratch. Everything that was in 1.07 will be there in 1.08. Only difference is lets call it "engine" that tells Skyrim what animation to play and that engine is already complete in 1.08 as you can see from preview.

Its good to make this change coz new version is lot more stable, faster, user friendlier... better in every way.

You can compare them by running them side by side.

1.07c Here

1.08 Preview Here

Papyrus side is done. UI is done (graphics for the UI can endlessly expand but I have enough now to cover most of the mod and a ? mark one for stuff I haven't made graphics for yet). The navigation panel is done but the menu side panel is half done as it has new planned stuff that wasn't on the old num keys. Menus that were on the old num keys should work. I need to finish a working draft of the flash that can play the scenes. It's close.

I'm not exactly sure how long it will take I feel like it's almost ready to do scenes in the next day or two  (I underestimate the small points that need to get hooked up sometimes that wind up taking a while) Sexdentity and AINav will take a little longer to hook up I'm just focusing on the scenes that can be navigated using the UI now. I'll most likely do data entry for a range around the start point of the mod and release an alpha that's the new system + ui + most of the standing scenes.

After that if it's good I'll finish the data entry for all the scenes into xml do another alpha so people have all scenes on the new system, and while that's being tested hook back up sexdentity and AI.

I'm just going to go to 1.08 and bury 1.07 since this is an entirely new mod now. I'm confident it will be much more stable.

No please don't !!!

Aldo

Your behavior is so wrong. If you read everything, you should know that CE0 works hard in this mod. Your post is so selfish. CE0 isn't a bot, just if you ever forgotten. Can you please be patient, like everyone else, thanks. 

If you share your feedback instead of this kind of post, maybe the mod will be out faster.

No please don't !!!

Aldo

Your behavior is so wrong. If you read everything, you should know that CE0 works hard in this mod. Your post is so selfish. CE0 isn't a bot, just if you ever forgotten. Can you please be patient, like everyone else, thanks. 

If you share your feedback instead of this kind of post, maybe the mod will be out faster.

You are absolutely right  matey...but let me tell that the only time I've posted something here as feedback and opinion a joker jumped to call me ignorant with other words...

But yes we have to wait for things cause they are released when they are ready to be released...or after everyone complains of bugs  and bad Modding...

This is a time consuming thing called Modding and I'm sure She/he that is working hard to release this haves in parallel her/his own life and that is what it is... 

Wait and wait and in the end you'll get a better final Mod !

Hm.. Num 0 does nothing... May be a Linux/Wine problem... 

I have this little red square on the upper left side too.

Greetings Ly

Do you have both 1.07c and 1.08 installed? If so did you unbind Num0 from 1.07c mcm?

And beside that did you run regular stuff like FNIS?

I'll show the steps, it's a weird process involving a lot of small steps.

tumblr_o3ccl1FU8x1ubnr1mo2_r2_1280.png

just to clear up a few confusing things I'm calling it an OSID and Fione is also in OS.esm so some things might seem conflicting. If Fione was in BabeLegion.esp her OSID would be BabeLegion0620cc instead of OS20620CC. 

It's the only way I could get the game to auto recognize the locations of document files that hold extra data for actors. Also it's a way for external developers to access those files and take part in using sexdentity or any identity data if they want to. 

SInce I abbreviate the .esm .esp off (It could be on if it was really needed) it's kind of a one way street since you can't really turn it back into a form but I haven't found any reason to have to take it and find the actor from it since it's just meant for extra data storage and records. There's no occasion I can see where you wind up with the data but don't already have the form ID for the actor.

Thank you. I finally get it. I didn't realize that part of the hex value is constant even after mod changes. That is helpful to understand. 

I think if/when i succeed in making the DLL it will speed this process up greatly.  Something like:

Actor Function OSID(Actor)

OSID cr.UNK38 to uINT38471 (magic C++ stuff that I don't understand:)

Return OSID

So you'd just stick the actor form in (Fione) and output would always be OS0620CC.

That's one of my 2 DLL projects. Function OSID() and the one that might solve the problems we're hitting in some ways FormToString() FormFromString(). Both seem relatively easy and short projects if I can get a little more understanding of C++ and making it connect to Skyrim. If I do manage it I'll maybe try to make a Function Hex() to for interacting in rare cases with GetFormFromFile()

I think that the hex one could be handled in actionscript. Have you tried that? Should be faster and smaller amount of code than Papyrus.

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/15659025/convert-an-signed-int-to-8-digit-hex-in-flex

I don't know very much about the workings of all these things, what's the reason they make a scripting language on top of a programming language in this case. Is there performance reasons? Different teams and the story team not qualified to do programming but can papyrus? Make it easier from a modding sense or some kind of restrictions (legal) on releasing the source files. I guess I just mean why make the middle step at all and not just take papyrus out of the equation. I suppose a scripting language should be more straightforward but I find it just as hard and much more niche with less real world application but definitely I don't find it an easier experience. The only ease I see is you can be more relaxed with case and brackets but that comes with the mountain of problems. I don't really use it this way but I guess it's intended to be a half way between scripting and the CK with the properties being plugged in, I don't find much application for that though in the document system at least.

I'm just guessing also. But, I think it's a combination of two things. First, working directly on the game code requires more expertise and involves more moving parts. During development, they're probably having to update and troubleshoot all kinds of dependencies. Papyrus allows them to create a buffer between basic scripting needs for content designers and the heavy lifting zone in the game engine. Second, I don't think that they intended Papyrus to be used the way modders use it, at least not to accomplish the vanilla story needs. In the vanilla code, most Papyrus use is limited to very simple exceptions and tweaks for various spells, magic effects, quests, etc. I can't say that I've looked through it all. But, I can't recall where they built an entire game element of the scope that many mods are with papyrus.

It's been very nice to use actionscript so much better, I hope to get my C++ up a little too so I can take advantage of whatever is available on that side as well. There's been a lot of doors opening I didn't really even think could be possible for Skyrim until I started working in the actionscript.  I'm hoping the two combined can make up for each other's limitations especially if the DLL and the UI can talk.

Cool. Good to hear that you feel diving into actionscript paid off. We talked about this before. I'm still surprised more people haven't done the same given how much better a dev environment Flash offers. No more array hacks, etc.

I'm completely new to C++ as well. Maybe you will inspire me to dig into it.

I'm pretty sure that the UI can talk to the DLL. I believe that's what SkyUI is doing with GameDelegate through Flash's ExternalInterface class.

No please don't !!!

Aldo

Aldolove,

Instead of being so negative, how about you do something positive... Ask Ceo, "How can I help?".

"Want to do something really simple? Think again!" Everything requires complicated work arounds to pull off a simple thing. 

Speaking of, how familiar are you with the quirks associated with SetFreeCameraState?

Sometimes, when turning it off, it locks the game to the point that I have to ctrl+shift+del out. I see that other mods turn it off consistently without that happening. So, there must be some nuance that I'm missing. I tried running Utility.Wait before it which seems to help to a degree. But, still happens...

In terms of the time frame,

I appreciate the eagerness to take part in upcoming content. Despite not having a release suitable for nexus, every iteration has brought new things and upgrades to the project and while the overall result wasn't stable enough each time major progress and investment still happened. I don't set out to make an unstable version but the scope of this project is on the limits of what is possible in Skyrim. The disadvantage I have is that I'm developing a framework and a mod for that framework at the same time which have to be upgraded simultaneously and both are ambitious projects alone.

1.07 has been challenging and at this point I'm devoting an unhealthy amount of my time to seeing this project through. The goal is very high here, but I've invested too much and am too close now to stop and not go all the way. If the interest or people's eagerness to have it stable is there they can meet me half way and assist on the data entry for a half way patch to 1.06 or assist on the data entry of the OSex project to substantially speed up the process. I'd prefer to be animating or doing cool upgrades to the system but a lot of time has to be devoted to bring all the micro systems in OSex and OSA up to speed with each version of the framework.

Before PipDude came onboard I was the only person that was hands on with the framework and the Osex animation module and animation. It's a lot for one person, PipDude's help has made leaps for this project so it shows the potential the project can have with collaboration. I have no computing experience or background so I believe the time line could be changed exponentially if it mattered enough to anyone for them to be inclined to want to make a difference in when it's released. I'm not the only one that can code papyrus or type into documents, which shows interest in expediting is overall low and doesn't warrant me to do a week of work to make a stable but obsolete patch and I think in attempting to do that they would see the complexity of the project and what it could be and why it's worth the development time.

I don't mean that as a complaint I'm fine to work on it as a hobby and find it enjoyable. I've got Pip which is huge and others that help me here on the forums, test, debug, translate, answer common questions, help support etc. and I'm very appreciative for that.

At least in the video game development realm now the syndrome seems to be release a shit game 1 year too early as long as it's decked out in microtransactions and cash out on it, I prefer the wait until it's good approach. Skyrim still has incredible graphic realism potential and the OSA overhaul will give the power to apply those graphics in endless ways. I read some people trashing my time investment in this project saying I was dumb not just animate in Steam Open Source Studio or whatever it's called, it seemed silly to me. Why would I want to make a one time short limited to involving the cast of Mass Effect and Cammy when I could integrate any animated scene and have it playout in multiple ways in AAA made high graphics moddable sandbox world.  

"Want to do something really simple? Think again!" Everything requires complicated work arounds to pull off a simple thing. 

Speaking of, how familiar are you with the quirks associated with SetFreeCameraState?

Sometimes, when turning it off, it locks the game to the point that I have to ctrl+shift+del out. I see that other mods turn it off consistently without that happening. So, there must be some nuance that I'm missing. I tried running Utility.Wait before it which seems to help to a degree. But, still happens...

Not super but it bugs me too. It's been on my to do list for ever to try to resolve a bit better but it's hard to figure out and I haven't really got into it. I know what you're talking about I think, and have some theories. If it's happening now in the current script you are working on and it's close to mine I think it's related to the translateTo event, and the camera assuming a different location due to it. The major thing I notice is concluding a scene with TFC toggled, when translate to is canceled the camera gets floated half wayish between where it should be and first person. 

Potentially Translate can be toned down but I'm not sure. I think the moment you turn it off if the player character is in the scene they are going to be pushed by the other actor's body despite being set to vehicle but it might be a good place to start testing. I'll look into it myself also and see. 

If this isn't the case what exactly is happening when it goes on? I might have an idea outside of that.

God these animations are so smooth, it's amazing, there is nothing else like it.

I am still struggling learning how to work it though; but given how smooth they play it's more than worth the time spent figuring it out.

This is especially true after I've read through and see how much hard work and understanding you've put into making this.

Whatever you do going forward, thanks for everything you have done so far.